PDA

View Full Version : dennis dixon?

steelerfan821
01-16-2009, 09:05 AM
dixon has already commited that he wants to be a qb. hes quick out of the pocket and a good scrambler but I cant see the steelers running wildcat ne time soon. Does anybody have ne idea if he'll ever contribute other than a 3rd string back.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2009, 09:13 AM
maybe if batch retires and we dont sign BL(which we know isnt going to happen).

steelerfan821
01-16-2009, 09:17 AM
i think batch will retire or they will release him... BL doesnt want tons of money. so i think they will keep him and dixon.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2009, 09:34 AM
i think batch will retire or they will release him... BL doesnt want tons of money. so i think they will keep him and dixon.
BL isnt a back up qb. he wants to start and there are teams out there that need starting qbs. and i am sure they will throw some money out there for BL.

drizze99
01-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Lefty is gone. He is a starter and will catch a ride next season with a team that needs a starter and there are plenty of teams that need one. Right now, I heard he is interested in Chicago.

As for Dixon, I think he'll be a #2 next season

Rek
01-16-2009, 09:40 AM
BL isnt a back up qb. he wants to start and there are teams out there that need starting qbs. and i am sure they will throw some money out there for BL.

I agree. Byron has already expressed interest in the Bears. Ironically, Byron's excellent playing this year has caused more buzz and interest toward him from teams that don't have a QB. No way the Steelers are going to outbid another team for a backup QB. Dixon will be a fantastic backup to Ben. I've always been a fan of the elusive football players (speed back vs. a power back) as well as shifty QB (Ben, Dixon) vs. a pocket passer (Manning).

lilyoder6
01-16-2009, 09:45 AM
Judging by his performance against Cleveland, I don't think Dixon is quite ready for prime time yet.
I think he could become the next Slash Stewart and that's not necessarily a bad thing IMO ( I know how many people on this forum curse his name).
I always liked Kordell and his style of play. The problem I saw was that he never fit the system we had tried to force him into. Unpredictable sandlot ball was his thing and he could have been awesome at it if we had just gone with that style of offense.
I'm rambling, but my point is I see a lot of that same potential in Dixon. If we're willing to employ him * in a way that takes advantage of his talent* he could do great things for us. If not, I don't think we should have him on the roster.

are u effing kidding me???? based on his game against the browns?!?!?!?!

the man rly didn't do anything in the game.. he handed the ball off to gary russell.. he threw the ball 1 time to hines ward and then he took 3 kneel downs.. how can u base anything off of that

steelerfan821
01-16-2009, 09:57 AM
ok well since bl is going to be gone. dixon is not ready at all for backup. batch im pretty sure his contract is up. so do we bring him back and let dixon learn from him or sign another old vet.

PalmerSteel
01-16-2009, 10:08 AM
lefty is gone. batch will re-sign but imo, dixon will beat him out by midseason if not sooner, for the #2 qb position. dixon is a keeper imo and we will have a tough decision to make in a couple years if ben doesnt stay upright more often.

TackleMeBen
01-16-2009, 10:22 AM
maybe dixon can learn from ben and charlie and then after the 09 season become ben's backup

slippy
01-16-2009, 10:26 AM
dixon looks like a wasted draft pick to me. i seriously doubt he will ever be a QB in this league.

the best you can hope for is special teams/4th receiver/scat back type of player.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I think using dixon in a wild cat formation will defeinately help open up the offense. The kid was a beast in the Pre Season ripping of 50 yrd td runs an all!

Not saying we shuold base our offfense around it, but it would be nice to have to mix it up a little bit.

NEPAsteeler
01-16-2009, 11:29 AM
I agree... I would like to see Dixon is some wildcat offense. It would give the opposing defense something to think about.

slippy
01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
i was just trying to say i don't think he can become an every down QB. the wishbone and option does not work ini the NFL and history has shown that "athletic" QBs have a tough time too.

you can give me the steve young/stabler/staubach argument, but those guys were excellent pocket QBs first and runners second. at best, dixon could be randall cunningham/vick/jeff garcia/vince young.

slippy
01-16-2009, 11:35 AM
i was just trying to say i don't think he can become an every down QB. the wishbone and option does not work in the NFL and history has shown that "athletic" QBs have a tough time too.

you can give me the steve young/stabler/staubach argument, but those guys were excellent pocket QBs first and runners second. at best, dixon could be randall cunningham/vick/jeff garcia/vince young.

PalmerSteel
01-16-2009, 12:09 PM
has anyone that thinks he is just the running type qb actually seen him play more than a couple plays? maybe its just me, but i thought he had quite the arm. look up college film. the guy threw for some serious yards. if he wouldnt have gotten hurt, he may have been drafted up there just behind the ranks of flacco and ryan

BehindSteelCurtain
01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Why would Dixon want to learn from Ben and Batch. Dixon is a speedster. He probably doesn't have the arm that they have so he'll probably use his feet more.

lilyoder6
01-16-2009, 12:32 PM
i think dixon will be a good qb...

i bet evryone thought cassell was a no one..
and the same as harrison...and looked what happened.. u never know til u give him a chance

Dino 6 Rings
01-16-2009, 12:40 PM
He ran the "spread" offense in Oregon where he read the defense for the option out of the shotgun most of the time. He'll take time to develop into an NFL QB. Plus, that running QB stuff doesn't work well between the tackles in the NFL because the LBs and Safeties are so much faster and hit a lot harder than the College guys.

joeyssteelcurtain
01-16-2009, 01:28 PM
I think we should use him like slash