PDA

View Full Version : Alexander ties Holmes' mark of 27 TDs

Koopa
12-25-2005, 02:51 AM
SEATTLE (AP) - Seahawks running back Shaun Alexander tied the NFL record for most touchdowns in a single season Saturday, scoring three times against Indianapolis.

Alexander equaled Priest Holmes' mark of 27 set in 2003 on a 1-yard scoring plunge with 3:58 remaining. Though Alexander was out of the game when the Seahawks got into scoring position, he pleaded on the sideline with coach Mike Holmgren, who called timeout. He sent Alexander into the game and after scoring, Alexander hugged all of his offensive linemen.
Alexander had a 2-yard TD run in the first quarter and caught a 6-yard touchdown pass from Matt Hasselbeck in the third quarter. It was his first receiving touchdown since Dec. 12, 2004, against Minnesota. He had 14 catches in 14 games coming into Saturday.

Alexander gained 139 yards, becoming the 16th player in NFL history to eclipse 1,800 yards rushing in a season. He now has 1,807.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5195556

Koopa
12-25-2005, 02:53 AM
damn i was lucky when i got him in my fantasy football draft. but i wonder if he doens't get the record if he's gonna ***** and moan like last year when he didn't get the one yard. i guess he's really into personal stats cause he pleaded to get back in the game when they were in scoring position.

also this is how you play when your contract is up. not like jamal lewis, what a stupid ***** he is lol

Prosdo
12-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Congrats to Shaun! He has been having one hell of a season. I have him on my FF team as well. He always produces well.

SteelCityMan786
12-25-2005, 08:22 AM
Nice Job Alexander having one hell of a season. If he doesn't get resigned by the Seahawks Who wants to see him in the Black And Gold????

Ambridge
12-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Nice Job Alexander having one hell of a season. If he doesn't get resigned by the Seahawks Who wants to see him in the Black And Gold????

The Seahawks have been taking a lot of deserved criticism for not signing him to a long term deal this season.
With every extra yard and TD Alexander has run for his contract price has been steadily increasing.

SteelCityMan786
12-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Right Now the Salary Cap If I heard correctly goes up next year to $92 Million

Koopa
12-25-2005, 02:40 PM
but there is no way we can afford him even if the salary cap is gonna go up. we still have a few free agents we need to resign and then worry about draft picks and so on, so there is no chance in hell he'll be wearing black and gold, but it would be tight if he did

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2005, 03:02 PM
Shaun has been has biding his time and he'll be looking for a big payday come next March so he'll cash in either way.. its a win win situation for him.

Koopa
12-25-2005, 07:12 PM
after he gets his fat contract i wouldn't be surprised to see him decline a lot number wise, cause now he won't have to worry about not getting his money

Livinginthe past
12-26-2005, 06:14 AM
Alexander is an excellent RB - but I wonder how he might fare outside the Seahawks organisation.

There are a couple of huge things in his favor.

1. He plays in the NFC

2. The Seahawks possibly have the premiere run blocking O-Line - they make nice big holes for him on a regular basis.

I think alot of RB's would put up nice yardage in Seattle.

NM

Brady12
12-26-2005, 01:27 PM
I have Shaun on my FF team, and after he did not get that extra 2 yards last season, I hope Holmgren gives him the ball, so he can get the record.

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 01:48 PM
would alexander suck behind arizonas or detroits line? probably. would that make him an average back? i dont think so. theres no smoke and mirrors with this guy. hes good real good. i dont think l. johnson or l.t. would do that much better behind the seattle line than he already does. a great line and runner go hand in hand. 1 doesnt necessarily make the other. weve seen 1st hand how willie parker has changed the dynamics of 1 of the best lines in the league.

this reminds me of the neverending debate of what barry sanders wouldve done behind emmitt smiths line and vice versa. personally i think barry wouldve done better but thats not to say emmit didnt have the talent to do well in detroit.

i cant look at backs like priest, l.j., jerome, curtis martin, lt, as average backs who just so happen to play behind great lines.

jerome would pound people into the turf no matter where he played. then again there have been games hes been stuffed with his great line. some days an opposing team just has your number.

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2005, 06:17 PM
I have Shaun on my FF team, and after he did not get that extra 2 yards last season, I hope Holmgren gives him the ball, so he can get the record.

That was a good pickup. He causes havoc to Defenses.