PDA

View Full Version : Flacco... Not so cool off the field

section514
01-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I have a friend who's brother is a scout for the Ravens...

Here is some info that I was given:

Flacco does not own a car, he is borrowing his uncle's at the moment
He often rides his bike to get to places, and by bike I mean a 12 speed, not a motorcycle.
He lives with his brother in a 2 bedroom apartment.

I think J Flac needs a woman....

Dino 6 Rings
01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I think Flacco actually has a car now, a Baltimore dealership gave him one for promotion.

And yes, he didn't drive a car in College because as he says, "everything was in walking distance."

drizze99
01-16-2009, 11:11 AM
I live right next to the U of D and he is right, you don't need a car at all. Newark has everything right there near the campus.

memphissteelergirl
01-16-2009, 11:16 AM
I dunno. Sounds like he's just being careful with his $$$. Nothing wrong with that. :noidea:

Unlike some who spend it all on way-too-big houses, too many cars, and garish jewelry.

lilyoder6
01-16-2009, 11:23 AM
the man could of gotten a car at least.. chillin w/ his bro is not bad...

Dr. Steel
01-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Yea but he could buy a kia or buy a nice but modest home. Me has a feeling that Flacco is a virgin.

devilsdancefloor
01-16-2009, 11:49 AM
im really impressed! it hasnt gone to his head and to have his bro live with him in a 2 BR apt that is amazing!! but it does sound like he needs a woman lol!

rbryan
01-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Sounds like he wouldn't know what to do with one to me.....lol

But then again, with that goofy looking unibrow he's sporting, how's the poor guy going to find a gal who isn't more interested in his bank acct than him. Maybe he's just a lot smarter than some are giving him credit for.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
I think Flacco actually has a car now, a Baltimore dealership gave him one for promotion.

And yes, he didn't drive a car in College because as he says, "everything was in walking distance."

i think he could afford his own car if he wanted one and as far as his 2 bedroom appartment....... its good hes not going crazy trying to buy huge houses

NEPAsteeler
01-16-2009, 12:01 PM
To me, it just sounds like he's careful with his money. While I hate the Ravens, I have respect for Flacco for what he's done this year and hasn't let all the fame go to his head.

Dino 6 Rings
01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
That actually raises my opinion of him. Not every day you see a QB in the playoffs who hasn't let fame and fortune go to his head.

That's because he hasn't won anything yet...a Loss Sunday keeps him humble.

Lets do our best to make sure he stays that way!

HometownGal
01-16-2009, 12:26 PM
How does any of that not make him "cool"? :noidea: Sounds like a very responsible young man to me. :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't care if he catches the 8:15 in to the city or walks - doesn't make a bit of difference as to what he does on the field.

The kid hasn't been shaken yet in the playoffs and he's played well enough to win. That makes him "cool" as the other side of the pillow.

rbryan
01-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Theresa a whistle up above people pushing people shoving and the girls who try to look pretty.

Its the work that we avoid and we're all self employed, I love to work at nothing all day.....lol

Sorry, my mind was wandering again...........is it Sunday yet???

stlrtruck
01-16-2009, 02:07 PM
Theresa a whistle up above people pushing people shoving and the girls who try to look pretty.

Its the work that we avoid and we're all self employed, I love to work at nothing all day.....lol

Sorry, my mind was wandering again...........is it Sunday yet???

Unfortunately not, but in just over 51 hours, we're going to be able to see Flacco looking "not-so-cool, calm and collected!"

revefsreleets
01-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Dude ain't poor...he signed a 5 year $30 million contract....

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-16-2009, 02:54 PM
I think Flacco is pretty cool.... I respect him for what he has done this year....

And although we all hate the ravens and their fans..... We all know how their fans feel and what they are going through having a rookie QB do so well and play ni an AFC championship game...

Steelers just better win because then all we will hear is how Flacco won an AFC championship game as a rookie and Ben did not.....

NEPAsteeler
01-16-2009, 08:15 PM
I think Flacco is pretty cool.... I respect him for what he has done this year....

And although we all hate the ravens and their fans..... We all know how their fans feel and what they are going through having a rookie QB do so well and play ni an AFC championship game...

Steelers just better win because then all we will hear is how Flacco won an AFC championship game as a rookie and Ben did not.....

We would never hear the end of it. We don't need that.

FlaccoMason85
01-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Flacco's a good guy... and he's about to be the first rookie QB to lead his team to the super bowl! (well okay, maybe the supporting class leads, but hes sure as hell making all the right plays..)

RoethlisBURGHer
01-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Flacco's a good guy... and he's about to be the first rookie QB to lead his team to the super bowl! (well okay, maybe the supporting class leads, but hes sure as hell making all the right plays..)

Nah, he'll be the third rookie QB to start and lose the Conference Championship Game. :tt03:

But as for him sharing a 2 bedroom apartment w/ his brother and not owning a car (I guess until a car dealership game him one)...that's actually rather cool IMHO.

It means he didn't just spend that whole signing bonus in a weeks time like so many other players do.

Wonder how all these players end up bankrupt later on in life? They feel the need to buy 5 huge houses, 70+ expensive cars, two houses for thier mom, millions on jewlery for themselves, millions on thier "homies", and they buy bottles of champaign (SP???) in the millions of dollars in one night not to drink...but to spray onto others.

That's the recipe for being broke & bankrupt by the time you're 30.

millwalldavey
01-16-2009, 09:08 PM
Sounds a bit down to earth to me.

SteelTalons
01-16-2009, 09:46 PM
I dont really see a problem with it. Sounds like your average guy.

millwalldavey
01-16-2009, 11:26 PM
He chased a local QB prospect into baseball rather than Delaware. HE's talented, but I dont think he'll ever be a top 15 QB.

Preacher
01-16-2009, 11:32 PM
I agree... he seems level headed and down to earth. As far as the apartment... me thinks he has his priorities right. You will probably see him getting a house AFTER the season is over (this Sunday :chuckle:

section514
01-17-2009, 12:51 AM
Nah, he'll be the third rookie QB to start and lose the Conference Championship Game. :tt03:

But as for him sharing a 2 bedroom apartment w/ his brother and not owning a car (I guess until a car dealership game him one)...that's actually rather cool IMHO.

It means he didn't just spend that whole signing bonus in a weeks time like so many other players do.

Wonder how all these players end up bankrupt later on in life? They feel the need to buy 5 huge houses, 70+ expensive cars, two houses for thier mom, millions on jewlery for themselves, millions on thier "homies", and they buy bottles of champaign (SP???) in the millions of dollars in one night not to drink...but to spray onto others.

That's the recipe for being broke & bankrupt by the time you're 30.

champagne haha

DJfan
01-17-2009, 02:08 AM
Let's hope that club takes on his frame of mind and leave the felon nonsense of Ray Ray in the history books. Looks like they may be a real threat for some time to come, and I'd rather respect them - ala the Oilers of the Bum Phillips era - than think that they are dirt bags, as they are now.