PDA

View Full Version : Old Fan - New to the Board

kittenfantastico76
01-16-2009, 01:32 PM
Just wanted to say Hi :tt: and I'm glad to be here.

I had to find some sanity... I'm a Maryland girl born and raised (currently living in Alabama) but I've been a Steelers fan for as long as I can remember - with the looming championship game upon us I needed to go somewhere that I didn't have to hear how much people HATE the Steelers... (yes... most of my pals are Ravens fans).

Thankfully I have a few smart friends in MD, and many more that are turning on to the thought of being Steelers fans here in AL.

end long winded hello!

HometownGal
01-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Hiya kittenfantastico76 and welcome to the #1 Steelers fan site anywhere! :wave::tt03::tt02: We're delighted to have you as a member of our black 'n gold family! :drink:

SteelersMongol
01-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Welcome & enjoy.

Bob Russell
01-16-2009, 10:50 PM
Hi Kitten!
I'm from Pittsburgh, but I live in Maryland now. Down by Andrews AFB. The Steeler Nation out numbers the Birds around here. But I work with a few miss-guided souls. I've raised my kids right. They are all Steelers fans too.

Bob

Galax Steeler
01-17-2009, 07:50 AM
Welcome to the board.

Polamalu Princess
01-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Welcome - this is a great place.

stillers4me
01-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Hi, Kitten! You're story sounds like mine! After winning Superbowl XL, I was desperate to talk to people who were excited about The One for The Thumb. Let's just say the fans here in Cincinnati were not all happy when we won! It was supposed to be THEIR Superbowl...ya know? :wink02:

:drink:

Moonlite37
01-17-2009, 04:07 PM
All hail to you Steeler Fan!:tt02:

kittenfantastico76
01-18-2009, 02:33 PM
YAYYY - Thank you for the warm welcome!!! I'm definitely ready for todays game and all the smack talk it's going to bring... and it's started already!

Bob - it's great to hear! I actually have a few friends back home that are Steeler fans but they are WAY out numbered now that MD has a team (I say that like it happened yesterday). I've been getting SO much crap because I'm an MD girl and I have chosen to back the Steelers - it's been SO many years why am I going to leave my chosen team just because I have one in my former backyard... if that was the case... shouldn't I be rooting for the Titans now that I live in Alabama? I don't think so... stay true to your team is all I can say! STEELERS IT IS FOREVER! ox