PDA

View Full Version : Some broad advice...

SteelWeb81
01-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey all,

So I’m new to the forum and have only been to a handful of games in my lifetime. Being a Steelers fan from Cleveland, my chances of getting to game are few and far between (the last game I went to was the Christmas Eve game in 2005). Anyway, long story short, I convinced my mom it would be a good bonding experience to get tickets to the championship game and now we’re looking forward to our first trip to Heinz Field!!! I was thinking we would just be coming in late morning and plunking down at a local bar before the game because my mom does not do cold weather, but she seems to be all about tailgating!!!

So here I am with less than 2 days left before the game and I have to set up a whole different plan!! I’ve read the posts for advice on the best places to go for parking and when to get there and whatnot and everyone seems extremely informative…my question is there any other advice that I may need? Kind of broad, I know. I mean, my mom and I aren’t going to be doing a professional tailgate or anything, but I want to make sure that she has the best time possible. The last Steelers game she went to was…awhile ago. So if there is anything else I would need to know it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!!

(Sorry, I'm a little long winded!!) :talker:

JoeLion
01-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Hide the Ohio liscense plate on your car!
Just kidding. Bring more beverage and food then you plan on eating and drinking and offer some to your tailgate neighbors. A good way to meet other fans. Get there early and get your space. I would think by the science center may be a good place to find a parking lot. Enjoy the game.

TailgateMel
01-16-2009, 02:44 PM
-Bundle up.. it is gonna be cold

-I would recommend parking in the North Shore Garage if you are just gonna go to a bar... it is easy out & onto the 279 north HOV lane (to go home to Cleveland) from there, plus it is close to the bars.. well.. and to the Stlrs4Lifes tailgate if you wanna go to it.

-Make sure you head down to the stadium with LOTS of time.. the lines to get in can be really long.. if you are up by the North Shore Garage... I would say allow at least an hour to an hour and a half. (it is a pretty long walk down there)

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2009, 10:35 PM
What Mel said.