PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else sick of.......

clevestinks
12-25-2005, 06:51 AM
Duce Staley always standing on the sidelines in sweatpants and shirt? This guy has got to go.

Ambridge
12-25-2005, 07:19 AM
The Steelers should have just put Duce on IR weeks ago and brought up Noah Herron to the active roster before Green Bay grabbed him.

Prosdo
12-25-2005, 07:43 AM
Something has to be done about the situation. He has barely played all year. I have to wonder if he will be around next year or if the Steelers will look for another RB via FA or draft.

clevestinks
12-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Even if we cut him, he will kill our cap space. Nobody will pick him up!

Hammer67
12-25-2005, 09:38 AM
Even if we cut him, he will kill our cap space. Nobody will pick him up!

I have heard they will be going after a back in the mold of Bettis or Bam Morris in the draft to complement Parker. Duce and Bettis will be gone next year. Haynes will remain the Third down back.

clevestinks
12-25-2005, 09:45 AM
I have heard they will be going after a back in the mold of Bettis or Bam Morris in the draft to complement Parker. Duce and Bettis will be gone next year. Haynes will remain the Third down back.
Bus and Bam, so different off the field, but alot alike on the field!

AvoidLLoyd95
12-25-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm not a big Staley fan myself, but if the coaches deactivate him, it isn't his fault. He is between a Bus and a Fastback. Not his fault at all. But he is too injury prone.

Sharkissle29
12-25-2005, 01:02 PM
i dont see duce leaving.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Duce isnt sitting of his own request.. he's being deactivated in favor of Jerome, Willie, and Verron. Duce wants to be out there as much as anybody else and the guy has not said one word about it. Dont let his silence on the topic fool you. This guy loves football and wants to play for the black n gold. If you ask me its a class move for him to not ruffle the feathers of the team but shooting his mouth of like say, oh, Cedric Wilson maybe ??

Duce will get his chance next year to win back the starting job or atleast take over Jerome's role complimenting Willie. Duce still has 3 years left on his contract I believe so dont look for the Steelers to just get rid of him. Sure they'll most likely look to the draft for a young stud back or FA to prepare for the future and to cover thier asses in case of injury.

rowedf
12-25-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm not a big Staley fan myself, but if the coaches deactivate him, it isn't his fault. He is between a Bus and a Fastback. Not his fault at all. But he is too injury prone.

Thank you, it is NOT Deuce holding himself out or being injured. It's the coaches decision to dress him or not. I can't argue with their reasoning right now, Parker and Bettis are clicking right now and things are going well, why change it. It's nice to have a solid backup ready to go if needed, I agree he's a little overpaid to be an insurance policy, but its a huge luxury to have a fresh, veteran running back that CAN play if needed.

Blitburgh, Deuce only has 2 years left on his deal, he signed a four year contract. I think one way we can gauge what the FO is thinking in terms of the running back situation is if they ask Deuce to redo his deal. If they do that, I feel they are definetly going to be looking for another RB to compete with Willy and Deuce for time. If they keep Deuce at his current contract I think that will give the vibe that he's the man with Willy.

Koopa
12-25-2005, 06:10 PM
i like duce for the fact that he isn't being a little **** about not playing. i'm sure like others have said he didn't ask to not play and he's probably dieing inside each sunday he doesn't get to suit up. i want us to give him one more chance to show that he is worth the money next year, espically if we don't get to drafte lendale white. with this season and offseason of rest he should be to go next year, and if he's ready i think he should start to wear down the defense and then bring in willie to finish them off

StillerPaul
12-25-2005, 06:20 PM
I don't have a problem with Duce on the sidelines. Isn't it supposed to be a good thing to have this kind of depth? :)

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2005, 07:43 PM
:iagree: :iagree:

If, GOD FORBID, something would happen to our starting RB's, it sure would be nice to know we have Duce ready to go.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 07:58 AM
:iagree: :iagree:

If, GOD FORBID, something would happen to our starting RB's, it sure would be nice to know we have Duce ready to go.
But is he ready to go?? He is always in sweatpants!

Hammer67
12-26-2005, 08:18 AM
But is he ready to go?? He is always in sweatpants!

I just heard that he may not be back. I like Duce, as well. But he is like Fred Taylor with injuries....

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Would'nt Duce be a better third down back than Haynes?(If infact he is healthy) He has good hands for a running back which would add another dimension to our game especially on third downs.

SteelerzGirl
12-26-2005, 09:01 AM
I, personally, would like to see both Duce and Haynes go. Neither one of them do anything for me. Duce is too injury prone, and Haynes just gets on my nerves; he never does much. I say get rid of both of them.

AvoidLLoyd95
12-26-2005, 12:19 PM
I, personally, would like to see both Duce and Haynes go. Neither one of them do anything for me. Duce is too injury prone, and Haynes just gets on my nerves; he never does much. I say get rid of both of them.
Haynes did really well Saturday. Got a nice td run. Why does he bother you so much. He is the third down back. Not much of a chance to shine when the other team sees you come out and they start to key on you automatically. He does well for his position, I think.

Steelerbabe28
12-26-2005, 12:52 PM

Avoid Lloyd, thats funny that you have 95 ways to get your ass kicked while talking about Loyd. I used to admire Lloyd but lost all respect for him when he beat his wife.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Haynes is also injury prone! But has been playing well as of late!

AvoidLLoyd95
12-26-2005, 02:00 PM
Avoid Lloyd, thats funny that you have 95 ways to get your ass kicked while talking about Loyd. I used to admire Lloyd but lost all respect for him when he beat his wife.
Sorry you feel that way. Personally, what he did on the field is all that matters to me. I'm a fan of the football team, and the players who play on the field. It is unfortunate that he may have beat his wife, but I don't know the whole story or even if it is true. If he did than he is a jerk, but I still admire the way he played on the field. I don't root for them when they are at home mowing the lawn or snaking the drain. That is their personal life, which I care nothing about. Playing awesome defense and intimidating the opponent so much they are scared to play you is what I care about.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 02:07 PM
You can only hope that your football idols are outstanding citizens. They are though proffesional athletes, not always great people. I don`t know the whole #95 story, so I`ll leave that one alone. Anyone who beats in women is NO man in my book! G.L. was a grat player, and love the guy for that, I hope he didn`t beat a woman!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Greg Lloyd was an outstanding player for our team, he was the emotional leader and the fiercest competitor our defense has seen since the 70s teams. The guy was my football hero his entire career. I dont condone what he did after his NFL career, noone does, but that doesnt take away from what he did on the field, IMO.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Greg Lloyd was an outstanding player for our team, he was the emotional leader and the fiercest competitor our defense has seen since the 70s teams. The guy was my football hero his entire career. I dont condone what he did after his NFL career, noone does, but that doesnt take away from what he did on the field, IMO.
I second that! On the field awesome is all I remember anyway, never knew the #95 off the field

Soultribe101
12-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Duce Staley always standing on the sidelines in sweatpants and shirt? This guy has got to go.
I agree on him standing on the sidelines, but he has been supportive to the team, that is a plus. I actually see them keeping him for next year, but who knows the way things will go. if only he could stay healthy, he could help the running game.

LondonSteeler
12-28-2005, 01:03 PM
2m in dead money if hes cut, cant see it this year

Koopa
12-28-2005, 01:21 PM
yup, no point in cutting him if you still gonna have to pay the money. next year he'll actually get on the field and these past two season will not matter when he's running over ppl on the reg

BlitzburghRockCity
12-28-2005, 04:25 PM
:iagree:

But I say we hold him out of preseason and training camp just so he can stay healthy :laughing:

tony hipchest
12-28-2005, 06:56 PM
its rough to see duce get blasted. he was brought in cause the steelers thought jerome was gonna retire and had no idea they would find a rookie f.a unpolished gem in willie parker.

if duce can get and stay healthy, he is the PERFECT replacement for jerome. not only is he proven and got the similar size and hands he has the exact character and attitude that the steelers love.

he sure was the cats meow when he was putting up 100+ y.p.g. the 1st 7 games last year (i know...he only had 98 against dallas)