PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Jason Garrett's the guy in St. Louis

BrandonCarr39
01-16-2009, 05:51 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfceast/0-7-140/Report--Garrett-set-to-talk-to-Rams-again.html

Report: Garrett set to talk to Rams again
January 16, 2009 5:53 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

Cowboys offensive coordinator Jason Garrett is headed to St. Louis today for a second interview with the St. Louis Rams, according to NFL.com. All indications are that Garrett is now the No. 1 candidate for the Rams' head coaching vacancy.

I just spoke to a source at Valley Ranch who said that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones will not try to talk Garrett out of taking the job. That means that Jones will likely be hiring another offensive coordinator.

But unless something goes wrong in the interview Friday, Garrett appears set to be named the Rams' new head coach Saturday. On Thursday, team officials said they wanted to make a decision by Saturday.

According to sources, Garrett will meet with former Rams president John Shaw, owner Chip Rosenbloom and new general manager Billy Devaney tonight. Much more to come on this.

KeiselPower99
01-16-2009, 06:32 PM
And they fired their DC this afternoon. And Wade said all the coaches were safe after the season.

lilyoder6
01-16-2009, 06:42 PM
idk bout jason garrett.... i'll wait til the rams say they hire jason b4 i beleive it

ShutDown24
01-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Ya know... At first thought I don't like it... Neither Garrett as a head coach or him going to St. Louis... But when I really think about it, I do think there is some chance for him to succeed there.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-16-2009, 07:48 PM
I love it, there is a meltdown in Dallas, months before they open thier new stadium!

SteelCityMan786
01-16-2009, 08:16 PM
I love it, there is a meltdown in Dallas, months before they open thier new stadium!

Looks like it won't be much of a party when it opens. :chuckle:

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Did the St Louis staff look at the Dallas offense this year? Doesn't look like St Louis will be improving anytime soon.

revefsreleets
01-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Bruce Arians?

I'm sure I'll be knocked, but any QB would love to have a guy that gives that much trust and responsibility to his signal caller. If (when?) we win the SB, every player and coach on the team takes on extra value and becomes a commodity....

lilyoder6
01-17-2009, 04:40 PM
THE RAMS HIRED STEVE SPAGNULO FROM THE GIANTS

BrandonCarr39
01-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Word came out that Garrett gave Jethro an "Either TO-or-Me" ultimatum this week.(It wasn't just BSPN, the local news here reported it too)

Seems to me that while Garrett was on his way to St. Louis for a 2nd interview with his wife, Jethro may have come to his senses and started giving into his demands, which had Garrett feeling like coming back to Dallas.

The above paragraph is just speculation on my part(although some on the CMB share my speculation as well), but don't be surprised to see some front page fireworks news come Monday from Dallas.

BrandonCarr39
01-17-2009, 09:10 PM
THE RAMS HIRED STEVE SPAGNULO FROM THE GIANTS

Both the Giants/Eagles coaching staffs could take a hit too, as Spags will likely take some of their assistants with him.

lilyoder6
01-17-2009, 09:58 PM
where is evryone that said jason garret was a lock for this HC job??

lilyoder6
01-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Both the Giants/Eagles coaching staffs could take a hit too, as Spags will likely take some of their assistants with him.

no doubt about it.. he does have some followers

BrandonCarr39
01-17-2009, 10:25 PM
no doubt about it.. he does have some followers

From what I've heard, 3 of the Eagles defensive assistants are pretty hot commodities for DCs now-Sean McDermmot(DB coach) is one of them.