PDA

View Full Version : Will Harrison get a holding call?

goLERS
01-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Harrison gets held damn near every time he rushes. Last week I vividly remember seeing a 6-5 OTackle hanging off Harrison with his arms around his neck...no flag. So will he get some calls, or at least A call this week or will it be more of the same from the zebra's.

:tt03:

devilsdancefloor
01-16-2009, 09:18 PM
he was tackled several times last week and no flag so basically the LT can do what they want with him! it has been like that all season why would it change for this game?

Crow-Magnon
01-16-2009, 09:19 PM
A LB getting held on a blitz? Really?

Hammer Of The GODS
01-16-2009, 09:25 PM
The "look the other way" approach is the standing order for the refs when officiating the Steelers. Harrison gets held , Ben gets piled on and slammed, and Hines gets called for holding every other play.

goLERS
01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
The "look the other way" approach is the standing order for the refs when officiating the Steelers. Harrison gets held , Ben gets piled on and slammed, and Hines gets called for holding every other play.

Heath gets called for more questionable holds then anyone in the league.

PisnNapalm
01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
He hasn't been held all year according to the refs. Why start now?

ShutDown24
01-16-2009, 09:27 PM
He won't. It's out of hand. He gets held LITERALLY EVERYTIME he pass rushes and it NEVER gets called.

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I think he'll get one early.

goLERS
01-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Is it possible that since the games mean so much more and EVERYONE will be watching this game that they might pull the whistles out of their pockets? I'm not counting on it but it is a possiblity. The refs definitely dont need any more bad pub this season.
:tt03:

NEPAsteeler
01-16-2009, 10:22 PM
He hasn't gotten them all season, why would they start this week? It makes me sick seeing how many things opposing teams get away with when playing the Steelers.

LVSteelersfan
01-17-2009, 03:34 AM
It is a travesty what they let those tackles do against Harrison. The holding calls are so obvious on almost every play that he rushes. He is unstoppable without holding. Obviously the referees have some kind of vendetta against him for some reason that is beyond me. He would have had 20 sacks this year if he wasn't being held all the time.

steelreserve
01-17-2009, 05:32 AM
I voted yes just because what the hell, after all that's happened, it feels like he's due to finally get one right when it seems most unlikely.

With his luck, the one time he does get the call, it'll be one of the rare ones that's a questionable penalty that everyone complains about, and it'll come at a key time, so people will be bitching about it for years.

4G63
01-17-2009, 09:45 AM
He probably gets held as much as Trevor Pryce. Watching the the Ravens all year, I see Pryce held damn near every down....so it just comes with the territory. If the refs called every holding play the game would suck.

Look at it this way: If he has to be held then he's obviously the better player. Hopefully the refs will call the obvious ones (like when the defender is running sideways) and let some of the questionable ones go.

markymarc
01-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately that would be a big fat NO. All I ask from the officials is either let them play or call it very evenly on both sides.

stlrtruck
01-17-2009, 06:13 PM
I saw he gets one early in the game and then that whistle will disappear until about 5 minutes to go in the game.

By my count - 2

revefsreleets
01-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Why hold Pryce? He gets taken out of the play 90% of the time by the OT or TE...

Silverback will be held 14 times this game, and blatantly raped 5 times this game, and there will be ONE FLAG.

The refs will finally capitulate and call it, but only when he's ripped down by his facemask and anally raped by several Rat players...

steelblitzen
01-17-2009, 07:49 PM
as long as they call it the same on both teams that is all that matters. I hate when a zebra is so obvios he is calling them easier on one team and not on the other.

Texasteel
01-17-2009, 07:56 PM
He'll get one call, but he will get held 10 or 12 times.

kmsteelerwr15
01-17-2009, 08:17 PM
He probably gets held as much as Trevor Pryce. Watching the the Ravens all year, I see Pryce held damn near every down....so it just comes with the territory. If the refs called every holding play the game would suck.

Look at it this way: If he has to be held then he's obviously the better player. Hopefully the refs will call the obvious ones (like when the defender is running sideways) and let some of the questionable ones go.

thats the thing they dont call those either. all i ask for is them to be more consistent with the calls. :banging:

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2009, 01:38 AM
he'll get a holding call early....then we'll thump them into the dirt...and they can cry about the refs and being hurt....

Preacher
01-18-2009, 01:43 AM
There will be two holding calls,

both of them will be defensive holding against Harrison. Why? Because they can.

JackHammer
01-18-2009, 01:44 AM
We should have been calling the commish's office and left a bunch of complaints.

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 03:25 AM
It's going to be hard to call holding against him when he's laying on top of Flacco, ya know what I mean?? :injured::sign02:

RavenManiac
01-18-2009, 03:52 AM
The refs are never consistent regarding offensive holding in a typical OT/DE(OLB) battle. They (some of them) seem to allow the tackle to "crossface" the pass rusher for a decent amount of time. I have no idea what their criteria is for actually making a call, but seeing the pass rusher's face getting smeared to the side by the tackle's forearm isn't enough for some refs, yet it is for others. Perhaps the rusher has to get a certain distance 'past' or to the side of the tackle (which is hard to do when getting crossfaced) before they will make the call. When offensive linemen 'tackle' a defensive player running past them, or visibly grab their jersey, the calls are more consistent. The crossface is still a mystery to me; and it happens a ton.

That said, I hope the refs allow us to hold Harrison without penalty (:chuckle:), as we will need all the 'help' we can get. I suspect a relatively sound beating today, to be truthful. Maybe 26-13, Steelers.

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 12:19 PM
The refs are never consistent regarding offensive holding in a typical OT/DE(OLB) battle. They (some of them) seem to allow the tackle to "crossface" the pass rusher for a decent amount of time. I have no idea what their criteria is for actually making a call, but seeing the pass rusher's face getting smeared to the side by the tackle's forearm isn't enough for some refs, yet it is for others. Perhaps the rusher has to get a certain distance 'past' or to the side of the tackle (which is hard to do when getting crossfaced) before they will make the call. When offensive linemen 'tackle' a defensive player running past them, or visibly grab their jersey, the calls are more consistent. The crossface is still a mystery to me; and it happens a ton.

That said, I hope the refs allow us to hold Harrison without penalty (:chuckle:), as we will need all the 'help' we can get. I suspect a relatively sound beating today, to be truthful. Maybe 26-13, Steelers.

I'm not trying to be a prick, but your prediction seems accurate to me. Unless the Ravens change something drastically, they relied way way way too much on their defense in that Titans game. I didn't like it at all. It was a gamble that worked in that game. I don't think it will work today with Suggs and Rolle out.

markymarc
01-18-2009, 12:58 PM

No kidding and that has always been my biggest complaint with officials. They are not consistent week to week. The other area where they lack consistency is with protecting the QB. But hey at least you are honest about your prediction :chuckle: Let's just hope the officials won't decide this game and let's them play or calls it very evenly on both sides.

AllD
01-18-2009, 11:21 PM
There was a whole lot of holding not called on both sides, but the only way to consistantly block Harrison is to hold him. He is a beast.

James "The Beast" Harrison

VegasStlrFan
01-18-2009, 11:32 PM
He got one, it was almost a rape, but he got one

PisnNapalm
01-18-2009, 11:39 PM

YUp, It was such a blatant one even a blind man could have seen it.

Aussie_steeler
01-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Interesting post game assessment from Baltimore Sun writer Mike Preston on this topic

Holding? What holding?
The Ravens' offensive line did a great job of holding the Steelers. Some of it was pretty blatant stuff. But if there is no penalty, then there is no holding.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/football/bal-sp.preston19jan19,0,824668.column

It is so blatant that it is even a laughing piece amongst other teams and their writers.

Steeldude
01-19-2009, 05:15 AM

the sad part is that hold call was nothing compared to the other times he gets blatantly held and tackled.

revefsreleets
01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Why hold Pryce? He gets taken out of the play 90% of the time by the OT or TE...

Silverback will be held 14 times this game, and blatantly raped 5 times this game, and there will be ONE FLAG.

The refs will finally capitulate and call it, but only when he's ripped down by his facemask and anally raped by several Rat players...

One flag...in the 4th quarter.

KeiselPower99
01-19-2009, 10:13 AM
The Cards LT better be ready to play cause I have a feeling LeBeau is gonna make some new plays to get deebo some pressure.