PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal on carey davis

public - enemy
01-16-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm not a big fan of this guy if you look at him I'LL call him a tweaner, he's not
big enough to be a full back and to big to be a running back. This guy runs like a big
stiff guy and if the steelers run a single rb. backfield, so what is the need for this guy
He went down like a bowling pin on the two passes ben threw his way against
the chargers.

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2009, 08:34 PM
I miss Dan Kreider.

NEPAsteeler
01-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Probably the reason why McHugh has primarily taken over as FB. I never really liked Carey Davis. I miss Dan Kreider too.

goLERS
01-16-2009, 08:40 PM
Sometimes it seems Arians is intent on getting Davis involved in the offense. He's bound to get lucky at some point right?

CaliStillersFan
01-16-2009, 08:50 PM
LOL the law of averages would say yes, but probably not this weekend.

MDSteel15
01-16-2009, 10:54 PM
I miss Dan Kreider.

Ditto :banging:

MDSteel15
01-16-2009, 10:55 PM
LOL the law of averages would say yes, but probably not this weekend.

Let's hope not! :coffee:

devilsdancefloor
01-16-2009, 11:09 PM
It would seem a tumble weed could knock him off his feet. Almost like his balence is off. i think he goes down way to easy!

The Duke
01-16-2009, 11:12 PM
I think I would be happy if the man made one good block a game

Supposedly, he's here to bring versatility to the offense. In 2 years he's brought less than 200 yards of versatility

MasterOfPuppets
01-16-2009, 11:20 PM
he's 10 times more worthless then davenport......:doh:

Preacher
01-16-2009, 11:24 PM
I wasn't too impressed with him. But I also think some are being a little too harsh on the guy.

However, I don't think he will be back after this contract is up.

By the way. . . aint NO WAY I want Kreider back. He was good when we had him. But he isn't the same guy now Furthermore, we need a FB that can do more than simply block for 10 to 15 plays, which is about how much the I was ran last week.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-16-2009, 11:37 PM
He's horrible as a lead blocker, and he's really bad at being a power RB.

I too miss Dan Kreider. I loved watching him pancake Ray Lewis.

McHugh will do for now as a lead blocking fullback. I would love to draft a guy this year just for that purpose.

OneForTheToe
01-16-2009, 11:48 PM
he's 10 times more worthless then davenport......:doh:

He definately doesn't bring as big a load as dookie .:wink02:

Preacher
01-16-2009, 11:49 PM
He definately doesn't bring as big a load as dookie .:wink02:

is that a wise . . . crack ?

OneForTheToe
01-16-2009, 11:50 PM
You know I miss dookie ... and I finally figured out why.:applaudit:

xbroughneck
01-17-2009, 02:15 AM
The way the Steelers use Davis, he needs to have more speed and alusiveness than he does. They tend to use him as a 3rd down back, and he's not a good 3rd down back.

He's also not a good blocking fullback.

So......he's filling a roster spot that IMHO would have been better served with Dan Kreider.

Still, in Arians scheme McHugh is good enough. If McHugh could focus on being a traditional blocking fullback he could probably grab a long term deal from the Steelers and they wouldn't need to waste a draft pick on a fullback.

Davis should be gone next year.

CaliStillersFan
01-17-2009, 02:26 AM
Yeah me 2, I've never been a fan of the singleback formation,that's not Steelers football. Unfortunately our coaching staff is building our offense around this premise. Hopefully we'll see more runs out of the I and they realize that it's what our guys are used to. I think McHugh can handle these duties, so Davis is out of a job.

steelreserve
01-17-2009, 04:34 AM
He sucks, that's what the deal is with him. He's got the size to play FB, but he's probably the worst blocker on the team and he goes down easier than a $2 hooker.

steelreserve
01-17-2009, 04:46 AM
McHugh will do for now as a lead blocking fullback. I would love to draft a guy this year just for that purpose.

It's been suggested we take this guy, who's projected to go 6-7th round or undrafted. Maybe the scouts know something I don't, but I honestly can't see how spending a low pick like that could be considered a waste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMUpdqHabPw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaDTBQfngL0

Galax Steeler
01-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Davis should be gone next year.

Have to agree here I don't think Davis will be back in the black and gold there has to be someone better then him.

DACEB
01-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Dezmond Sherrod, he's on the practice squad. He's listed at TE, but at 6'2" 250lbs I believe he will replace Davis. Look for him this summer.

McHugh is a solid #3 TE that has done a solid job leadblocking when called upon at FB.

chatman
01-17-2009, 09:04 AM
he absolutely stinks--disgraces the steeler uniform

Hapa
01-17-2009, 09:50 AM
I think he's a great special teams. Perfect size and speed for a wedge buster on kickoff.

KeiselPower99
01-17-2009, 10:33 AM
I was at the HOF Game last year when he broke that 50+ yard run. He has been riding that single game for 2 years now. Im sorry but I was a huge Krieder fan and will say that even if yall think he is washed up he still would be better to us then Davis. I was all for the Steelers drafting Owen Schmitt last year cause he could be the h-back Arians wants. McHugh does a good job but he is better suited as a TE.

lilyoder6
01-17-2009, 10:40 AM
but when the man will make a must need play for us.. evryone will start swallowing him... obv the man is good enough to be in the nfl

GodofGridiron
01-17-2009, 11:05 AM
but when the man will make a must need play for us.. evryone will start swallowing him... obv the man is good enough to be in the nfl

They said the same thing about Scott Shields years ago. And why wait and wait for Davis to make a play. He's been given ample opportunities to make plays and he hasnt delivered. And to think they even use the kid on Kickoff returns and he still does nothing. I think the issue with Davis is he "looks good in pads" but that doesnt translate to success on the field. I bet there theres over 300 guys driving UPS trucks or loading cargo freight in large air carriers that can do that same thing Davis does.

GM's are human........and they do make mistakes sometimes.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Najeh Davenport was the biggest back I have seen that wasn't powerful.