PDA

View Full Version : definition of Steelers Nation

section514
01-17-2009, 01:38 AM
Just curious to see what your definition of Steelers Nation is:

My definition,

A guy on Ebay had tickets posted for $300, and did not sell, so I offered him $190 for section 101, Row L, seat 7. He agreed, and I am going on Sunday. In return, I invited him to my tailgate and we are going to have a good time.

What is your definition?

GO STEELERS AND THE RAVENS SUCK!

:tt::tt02::helmet::tt03::thumbsup::drink::wave::to ast::freddy::football::eyecrazy::bowdown::drool::s ign02::sign04::celebrate:peace::danceshout::sign11 ::champs::afc::alcoholic:chug:

redst3
01-17-2009, 02:56 AM
People all over the planet in all kinds of weather feeling the same thing...an unspoken emotional connection between guys like you in PA and guys like me in the deep south who never let go after seeing the Steelers on TV in the mid-1970's.....

rich4eagle
01-17-2009, 08:32 AM
I grew up a diehard Browns fan but also was fond of the Steelers when they were very bad for years. My Steeler passion keeps growing and my Browns passion diminishing.

I am still a fan of both. My passion for the Steelers keeps growing because of their fans and their brand of football and their class ownership and my roots in Youngstown Ohio. Most of my emotion now is spent on rooting for the Steelers

The Steel Curtain Years raised the level of my fandom for the Steelers.

Never has it diminished since then

Recent years especially since the Big Ben era my passion about the Steelers is stronger than ever.

I have always rooted for both teams like I said. If the Browns ever can be really competitive again it will be intersesting whom I root for harder.

I have traveled all over the US and have first hand knowledge that the Steelers have more fans than any team.

The US is truly Steeler Nation

My allegiance to the Steelers gets stronger every year.

Yesterday, here in Charlotte, at the grocery store there were cakes for Sundays game saying "Go Steelers beat the Ravens". My neighbor three doors down has "Go Steelers" balloons flying in front for two weeks now

Now that is something 450 miles away!

The Steelers are the class of the NFL going on forty years!

RoethlisBURGHer
01-17-2009, 08:36 AM
Millions upon millions of people unite together for one cause, Pittsburgh Steelers football.

So many of us come from different places, different backgrounds. But we all feel the same connection when we see someone else wearing anything Steelers.

Complete strangers come together in a bar somewhere far from Pittsburgh and hug and high five each other during a game, and leave friends forever.

That right there, is Steeler Nation.

stillers4me
01-17-2009, 08:44 AM
The summer after we won XL, my husband and I were out shopping. We had just gotten out of the car and was walking toward the entrance of a mall here in Cinci.. Coming towards us was a very hip looking young African American man with a Steelers shirt on and a ballcap. I walked up to him and said ,"hey, great shirt!!" He high fived me as he walked past me and said, "Word Champions, baby!" Here was this young cool black dude having a pure Steelers bonding moment with a middle aged white woman in the middle of Shitzinnati. We were strangers, yet brother and sister in the Steelers nation!

My husband and I find Steelers fans all the time here in Cinci..........we are all proud to represent!

jasonhightower
01-17-2009, 08:50 AM
In 2004 I went to the Steelers/Cowboys game in Dallas. I bought the tickets online and I knew that there would be plenty of Steeler fans there, but I bought my parking ticket on Ebay from a Dallas season ticket holder. So parking in the season ticket holder lot, I was a little worried about rolling in with my Steeler garb on. Needless to say, there were about a 100 Steeler fans parking in that lot. And they say that's America's team. Well, it sounds liked Heinz field there that day and it was my first Steelers game (in person) which I'll never forget.

Next year my son and I are flying up for our first Heinz Field experience and I can't wait. Oh yeah, I was in Wal-Mart last weekend in Fort Worth and I counted six people wearing Steelers clothes!

HometownGal
01-17-2009, 09:03 AM
We pledge allegiance to the Steelers
Of the city surrounded by three rivers known as Pittsburgh
And with fans worldwide we proudly stand
One NATION, under Tomlin, indivisible
With :tt02::tt:'s waving and a 6th Lombardi for all. :tt03:

Texasteel
01-17-2009, 09:14 AM
In Steelers Nation there are 3 seasons.

Steelers Pre-Season.
Steelers Season
Steelers Draft.

Thats all there is. :drink:

redst3
01-17-2009, 09:18 AM
You should have been at the game in Memphis in 1997 when we ran the Oilers completely out of town at the Liberty Bowl. 45K in attendance and about 30,000 were Southerners who waited years to see the guys in person. Steelers lost 16-6 but it was a thrill to sit in that freezing rain and see the black and gold...including Carnell Lake pumping his fist in the air when he took a pre-game jog.

CPanther95
01-17-2009, 09:39 AM
I grew up a diehard Browns fan but also was fond of the Steelers when they were very bad for years. My Steeler passion keeps growing and my Browns passion diminishing.

I am still a fan of both. My passion for the Steelers keeps growing because of their fans and their brand of football and their class ownership and my roots in Youngstown Ohio. Most of my emotion now is spent on rooting for the Steelers

The Steel Curtain Years raised the level of my fandom for the Steelers.

Never has it diminished since then

Recent years especially since the Big Ben era my passion about the Steelers is stronger than ever.

I have always rooted for both teams like I said. If the Browns ever can be really competitive again it will be intersesting whom I root for harder.

I have traveled all over the US and have first hand knowledge that the Steelers have more fans than any team.

The US is truly Steeler Nation

My allegiance to the Steelers gets stronger every year.

Yesterday, here in Charlotte, at the grocery store there were cakes for Sundays game saying "Go Steelers beat the Ravens". My neighbor three doors down has "Go Steelers" balloons flying in front for two weeks now

Now that is something 450 miles away!

The Steelers are the class of the NFL going on forty years!

I think Charlotte has become Pittsburgh South. There's more Steeler bars here than in any place I've lived - and the fans are everywhere in the area.

Indo
01-17-2009, 09:43 AM
It's when your blood BOILS Black and Gold

Steelers Then

Steelers Now

Steelers Forever

All Hail to the Chief :hatsoff:

Indo
01-17-2009, 09:48 AM
...But ...it's not just a Steelers Nation

Look at some of the hometowns on the members of this forum

France, England, Germany, and all across the US of A!!

It's a Steelers World, baby
....and, when they discover Life Beyond Earth I'm betting those bastards will have a logo ONLY on the RIGHT side of their spaceship!!

It's a Steelers UNIVERSE!

If you haven't seen this yet, go watch this video....it's 22 minutes long (too short, IMO!) and it got me all choked up

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4328974

CPanther95
01-17-2009, 09:52 AM
If you haven't seen this yet, go watch this video....it's 22 minutes long (too short, IMO!) and it got me all choked up

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=4328974

Yeah, I can't watch that with others around. They don't get it.

Indo
01-17-2009, 09:56 AM
The link was screwed up----I fixed it

Also, check out the You Guys are EVERYWHERE thread:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=31507

Steel4eva
01-17-2009, 10:00 AM
Fans from all the word that BLEED BLACK n GOLD . We are one GIANT family that will always be there for our beloved STEELERS. We are the most passionate/loyal fans and we consider the Steelers family.

Black n gold forever baby!:tt03:

SteelTalons
01-17-2009, 11:03 AM

Just watched it. Got a little choked up myself but a WHOLE lot of pride.

stillers4me
01-17-2009, 11:09 AM
I was telling my boss (a Bengals season ticket holder) about all the Steelers shops at Station Square (he made a comment about my Steelers purse and I got it at Station Square last year) and he was surprised that there was the market could support that many Steeler stores in Pgh. I just laughed and told him it was a whole different world!

There's one sports store here on the east side of Cinci that's closing down and the owner is opening an all Steelers store! Call him a bandwagon fan.........but he's just a good business man! Both sports stores in the mall cannot keep up with the demand for Steelers merchandise......in Cincinnati!

SteelersGirlTN7
01-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Living in Titans town, and working with a bunch of Titans fans, I have kept pretty quiet about them losing. I know how we feel in a loss like that. Yesterday though, I couldn't help it. I was in the cafeteria for our building ordering lunch, minding my own business. Of course, I was wearing my Steelers hoodie, but minding my own business LOL. Anyway, some girl I don't even know points at the cook behind the counter and says "she doesn't cook for Steelers fans" .. so I said "I'm sorry the Titans couldn't hang around long enough to have a rematch down here" ... LOL she was like, oh now youre getting mean! She started it!! LOL It was all better when I walked out to the eating area and there's a group sitting at a table, and a girl has a Polamalu jersey on... of course I went to the table. The guys she was sitting with just laughed! We joked about how many fans there are around here and I went back to work feeling better about the whole incident LOL

Too bad so sad Titans!!
GO STEELERS!!!

KeiselPower99
01-17-2009, 11:39 AM
I went to a Cincy Reds game a few years ago wearing my Steelers hat and in front of me was a guy wearing a Maddox jersey. We sat there all game BS'n about the Steelers and their rookie qb Ben Roethlisberger. By the way the Reds got beat by the Rockies that game after Matt Holiday and Jeremy Burnitz jacked back to back HR twice.

sacredgrooves
01-17-2009, 01:09 PM
I think Charlotte has become Pittsburgh South. There's more Steeler bars here than in any place I've lived - and the fans are everywhere in the area.

Raleigh is the same way. I see so many cars and people donning Steeler gear, it is great! I remember hitting a Steelers-Panthers game in Carolina several years ago and we had to have 20k at that stadium! :tt03:

markymarc
01-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Here's to the Steeler Nation absolutely rocking Heinz Field tomorrow. Heinz Field was awesome last weekend. I am sure the fans will be even more amped up tomorrow.

The Bungle Hunter
01-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Steeler nation is when you wreck you car while driving during the 2006 playoffs when Vanderjag missed the FG against Indy.

stillers4me
01-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Steeler nation is when you wreck you car while driving during the 2006 playoffs when Vanderjag missed the FG against Indy.

Oh no!

It was worth it. :chuckle:

rich4eagle
01-17-2009, 04:26 PM

Amen Bro.........Steelers rule Charlotte............:tt03:

redst3
01-17-2009, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I can't watch that with others around. They don't get it.

Good video great thanks:tt02:

pta191
01-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Steeler Nation is when you find yourself in Seattle on business and you ask the front desk person where you can catch Monday night game. She say there is a bar a block away that "might have it on". As you walk in decked out in your steeler gear the hostess says "you're back that way". I hadn't even said anything yet. I walk through the bar toward the back and find about 40 raving steeler fans in their own area!!! Great time!

Thanks Jillian's‎ crew!

stlrtruck
01-17-2009, 06:07 PM
STEELERS NATION: Doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing, when I see the Steelers emblem, it's a friendly face, it's family!

SteelCityKing
01-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Steeler Nation is:

wearing black and gold everyday and not just during the season. then every other person you see wearing black and gold at any other point in the year, you get "the nod." that's right my friends "the nod." -- when one fellow Steeler fan sees another and no words are spoken...just a head nod and you are automancially friends. yet, you become so knowing that you will never see that person again. it's a great feeling to be involved in pretty much the world's largest fan club and brotherhood.

*tears in eyes*

Cheppy
01-17-2009, 10:09 PM
I'm 31 & growing up football was never big in my house. My dad was a huge Yankees fan & living in NY that was the only team I was raised to root for. I had to find the Steelers on my own and I remember the exact game when I became a Steeler fan for life. It was the 1993 wild card game against the Joe Montana led Kansas City Chiefs. I was home flipping through the channels & I saw this raving lunatic with a moustache roaming the Steelers sidelines. Cowher's presence was the first thing that grabbed me. As the game went on I found myself rooting hard the defensive minded Steelers. When they lost I was bummed but that game was the moment where my Steeler fandom was cemented.

After that initial game I started to do my research and what fascinated me the most was how they deployed a base 3/4 scheme which was not the norm back then. The idea of having 4 linebackers wreaking most of the havoc was genius I thought and the Steelers were/are the masters of this type of defense. (greg lloyd is still my favorite player) And then learning about the tradition of them having an imposing defense (which has been upheld for the last 30+ years) & and the physical nature of their offense, really, just the overall physical nature of the Steelers really appeals to me.

The rest of the 90s (& most of the 00s) was spent with me going to my uncle's house who had the Sunday Ticket and watching Steeler games by myself in his basement while he was upstairs watching his games. To this day I don't watch games with anyone really because for one, none of my friends are Steeler fans & two is because when I'm watching a Steeler game that's all that's happening in the world at that moment & I need to hear all of the commentary & I can't miss a minute of the action. As much as I'd love to watch a game with my Steeler brethren a loud bar is just not an option for me.

This team has brought me so much joy (steeler/colts 05 division playoff game is one of the most epic things i've ever seen in my life) and pain for that matter. (i was in a 2 week funk after their stunning loss to the chargers in 94 which was compounded because my brother is a charger fan of all things & after o'donnell's performance in super bowl xxx)

So I grew up in NY raised to only be a Yankee fan. Football wasn't big in my house at all. And I'm a card carrying member of Steeler Nation for life:tt02:

Man, one for the other thumb sounds so nice. I want a Steelers Road To The Super Bowl Blu Ray Set in the worst way.

CPanther95
01-17-2009, 10:38 PM
(steeler/colts 05 division playoff game is one of the most epic things i've ever seen in my life)

Almost epic heart failure!

CanadianSteel
01-17-2009, 10:52 PM
Steeler nation rocks. I have been to several Steeler away games over the years with many different friends, some who are not Steeler fans. They will question me "your wearing your Steeler shirt to the game... are you crazy" to which I just respond... wait and see how many Steeler fans are there... Then the look on their faces at the game is just priceless.... Steeler Nation baby !!

rcortez44
01-17-2009, 10:56 PM
My definition is:

I grew up in Ohio. My father took me to Steelers games and taught me about the greatest dynasty in the NFL. He was in the Air Force and was transferred to Texas. I have lived in Texas (unfortunately) for seventeen years. I will be a Steelers fan for life! This year I traveled to Heinz Field with my best friend (a cowgirl fan) to see the Steelers kick some cowgirl a**. I had the time of my life. I have lived in Texas long enough that I have a stupid Texas accent, yet the Steelers fans embraced me and I felt like I was home. Needless to say, my friend had to beg me to get on the plane back to Texas. I hummed "Here we go Steelers" the whole way home. We didn't speak for a week. I see Steelers fans every day in Texas, but it felt soo good to be back in Pittsburgh! I have to have satellite to get the games, I subscribe to Steelers Digest, I live on the other side of the country, but I will always bleed black and gold!

7SteelGal43
02-15-2009, 10:36 AM
You should have been at the game in Memphis in 1997 when we ran the Oilers completely out of town at the Liberty Bowl. 45K in attendance and about 30,000 were Southerners who waited years to see the guys in person. Steelers lost 16-6 but it was a thrill to sit in that freezing rain and see the black and gold...including Carnell Lake pumping his fist in the air when he took a pre-game jog.

yup, I was at that game, looked like a freakin Steelers home game. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't it the ONLY sell out game for the Oilers/Titans during their l'il stint here in Memphis ? Bud went all tantrum on us and took the Oilers/Titans to Nashville at least one year earlier than planned. :rofl:

SteelerNut91
02-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Seeing the Towel wave from east coast to west coast... gotta love it

SteelersMongol
02-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Mongolia is Steelers country as well. :tt02: American football is still relatively unknown, but I can guarantee you there are more Steelers followers than any other team in this country. :chuckle: Sometimes I feel like I'm on a mission to introduce the football, & convert fans & followers. :wink02:

FredScott
02-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Well honestly there is no real one definition for it as it means something different to each of us but with that said you always here them talk about how the cowboys are americas team but I don't think any team, even the cowboys have more dedicated fans, willing to travel anywhere to watch our boys play and every state you go to you will find many steelers fan, forrming what is truly a steelers nation, fear us for we are everywhere :)

bratsinmybelly
02-15-2009, 11:47 PM

I was there. It was a complete throwaway game for us with no meaning. Most of the starters weren't going to play, and we all knew it. Even then 30,000 showed up, in the south, in freezing rain, just to catch a glimpse of the Black n Gold. It was incredible.

XxKnightxX
02-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Heres my experience of Steelers nation. Working on the Medical field as an EMT im always hopping around in hospitals and since its freezing in NJ, I wear my big ol yellow Steelers cap to keep me warm, I have surgeons and nurses and doctors pumping their fist and saying yeah baby lets go for our sixth.

Yesterday on an emergency call as I brought in the patient into the ER (patient was stable nothing serious btw) This doctor comes up to me and no lie we spent 20 miinutes talking straight about his experience in Tampa, the Draft, Foote, the games that he and I went to, it got up to the point that the nurses were just staring at us lol.