PDA

View Full Version : OK...back to business...

Hammer67
12-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Allrigth, now that a Wildcard spot is all but sealed up (I live in Detroit now and I can tell you that the Lions pose zero threat), it's time for the Steelers to reclaim the division in the first round of the playoffs.

I drove from Detroit to my parent's house in Louisville, KT yesterday morning. I came down I75 right past Cincy's stadium and passed all the game traffic. I, of course have a Steelers license plate and DVE stricker in the window (06 Mustang GT, black...BTW). Well, I stopped for gas and a guy wearing a Tigger costume (from Winny the Pooh. I kid you not) started berating me. I didn't say anything but smiled. He said something like "Why aren't you defending your team?"

I just smiled and said that I thought he was really cute, all dressed up and full of Piss and vinegar. I told him I didn't have to say anything because I had never had the pleasure of hearing a Cincy fan talk smack and found it entertaining and wanted him to enjoy the moment cause obviously there hasn't been any for him over the years. Why else would a grown man wear a halloween costume to a football game?

I told him it was cute...he got mad.:grin: :hehe:

Unfortunately for that guy the AFC North representation will be set straight in the first round of the playoffs...

Hammer

geran42o
12-25-2005, 08:53 AM
HOOORAAAA Can't wait till the playoffs start!

clevestinks
12-25-2005, 09:40 AM
One game at a time! We are clicking, if we destroy Detroit then its full steam ahead!

Hammer67
12-25-2005, 09:48 AM
One game at a time! We are clicking, if we destroy Detroit then its full steam ahead!

I know...but I have had the displeasure of seeing many Lions games this year. Let me tell you, they stink. They have no passing game, no offensive line and hence, a weak running game. Defense is better, they have decent pass coverage and good linebackers although they are susceptible to the run up the middle. This, of course, is the Steelers offensive gameplan.

And, the Lions are used to playing in a climate controlled building (a nice one, at that). Heinz Field in January tips toward the Steelers advantage, as well.

clevestinks
12-25-2005, 11:19 AM
I understand fully. But the last thing we need to do is atke this team lightly.
Detroit Lions are our next round of playoffs!

CantStop85
12-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I know...but I have had the displeasure of seeing many Lions games this year. Let me tell you, they stink. They have no passing game, no offensive line and hence, a weak running game. Defense is better, they have decent pass coverage and good linebackers although they are susceptible to the run up the middle. This, of course, is the Steelers offensive gameplan.

And, the Lions are used to playing in a climate controlled building (a nice one, at that). Heinz Field in January tips toward the Steelers advantage, as well.
Yeah, well the Bills stunk too. *sigh*

Koopa
12-25-2005, 02:03 PM
but the bengals weren't playing for nothing, the broncos are gonna win out so it wouldn't have mattered whether the won or lost that game. the steelers are playing every game like it's their last which if they lose and the bengals lose it will be our last. so i don't think we'll fall into a trap with the lions like the bengals did with the bills

BlitzburghRockCity
12-25-2005, 02:06 PM
Playoffs started 3 weeks ago for us, and its win win win and no other alternative.. We dug ourselves a hole.. then we righted the ship and got some help.. this is our chance to put a W in the win column each week and get to and win the damn Super Bowl !!

Hammer67
12-26-2005, 08:20 AM
Yeah, well the Bills stunk too. *sigh*

Yeah...the Bills. Who the Steelers played last year in a meaningless game. Steelers used backups, Bills used starters. Steelers win.:grin:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Ouch !!!! :laughing:

Hammer67
12-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Hey...the Steelers typically do well in games like this. Games they are supposed to dominate.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 01:08 PM
Cowher has this team clicking on all cylinders! He will not let get beat!

AAron Shea of the browns said in our local paper yesterday that the browns could never match the Steelers intensity! We are pumped!

Suitanim
12-27-2005, 03:17 PM
After surviving my first visit to Detroit, I must give props to Hammer for living there. The area around the stadium and some of the places we had to drive through to get in/out looked like Beirut! It looked like a bombed out war zone...Ya gotta have some cojones to walk around down there after dark.

Motley Nate
12-27-2005, 04:35 PM
After surviving my first visit to Detroit, I must give props to Hammer for living there. The area around the stadium and some of the places we had to drive through to get in/out looked like Beirut! It looked like a bombed out war zone...Ya gotta have some cojones to walk around down there after dark.
I have to say Suit that I've been robbed more in Cleveland than Detroit. Probably because I paid more attention in Detroit.

Suitanim
12-27-2005, 04:52 PM
I have to say Suit that I've been robbed more in Cleveland than Detroit. Probably because I paid more attention in Detroit.

Detroit is so desolate and barren that you can see the thieves coming a mile away...

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Yeah Been there once. That was enough! WTF was the NFL thinking?

Hammer67
12-29-2005, 09:40 AM
God...dont get me started. I hate it here!

I moved last year because of the job situation in Pittsburgh. They just aren't hiring much in IT there. Plus, my fiance lives in Detroit as does her family. I looked at it as I needed a new job anyway, found one at Ford HQ and got to move near the GF, now fiance.

But, I miss living on Mt. Washington and being able to stumble down the Incline to the Clipper fleet then walk into the stadium on game days.

I miss the sports atmosphere. I hate basketball so the Pistons mean nothing to me and hockey is only now coming back.

The Lions suck. They are like the Pirates are to Pittsburgh right now.

It is flat and barren and full of strip malls out here. Just all kinds of plight.

I would feel safe almost anywhere in Pittsburgh. But here, you have to plan carefully when you do a night out downtown.

Hopefully I can pry the Mrs. away from her familiy some day and move back.