PDA

View Full Version : Who did the ESPN Experts Pick?

jasonhightower
01-17-2009, 10:57 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

Flat out unanimous...

stillers4me
01-17-2009, 10:59 AM
I just want the game over and the AFC title wrapped up in a box. That's the only thing that counts.

jasonhightower
01-17-2009, 11:01 AM
I just want the game over and the AFC title wrapped up in a box. That's the only thing that counts.

I couldn't agree more, its been a long week and I'm ready for less talk, more play.

4G63
01-17-2009, 11:11 AM
You may not see them until Sunday's 'Gameday' telecast.....

Steelcitygal87
01-17-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeah, I am ready for some football!! All those predictions mean nothing.

Just curious though, do you think if Rolle and Suggs were not injured and both definitely going to play, some of these "experts" would have picked the RATS? Do you think injuries might have been a factor for some of them in determining which team to pick? It has been brought up all week long how difficult it is to beat a team 3 times(which I am sick of hearing), so you would think one or two at least would have picked the RATS to win.

GO STEELERS!! :tt03::tt03:

Shoes
01-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Even Wickersham! Of course he is still trying to get his shoe out of his mouth from last weeks game :chuckle:

Steelcitygal87
01-17-2009, 11:26 AM
You may not see them until Sunday's 'Gameday' telecast.....

That video......

... was painful to see again...Ben really got jacked up on that play. Reminds me of another hit...one Timmons put on Mason 12/14/08.

GO STEELERS! :tt03::tt03:

lilyoder6
01-17-2009, 11:30 AM
i wouldn't put it past these "experts" that since rolle and suggs are hurt they gave the edge to the steelers..

4G63
01-17-2009, 11:32 AM
Most "expert" picks have the Steelers winning.....the one you should be worried about is THIS (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090116&sportCat=nfl) guy

Steelcitygal87
01-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Most "expert" picks have the Steelers winning.....the one you should be worried about is THIS (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090116&sportCat=nfl) guy

I don't think the Steelers are worried about any player on the Rats team. They have respect for the Rats players, know what kind of talent each one possesses(strengths & weaknesses), and I am sure have prepared accordingly. Just as I am sure the Rats players are not worried about any Steeler player. Worry implies fear.....and I would think NO player on either side FEARS another player.

Go Steelers!

ben7
01-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Bill Simmons is very entertaining but his picks are always terrible

Steelcitygal87
01-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Bill Simmons is very entertaining but his picks are always terrible

Yeah, and most of these "experts" are so fickle their picks change daily anyhow.

Crow-Magnon
01-17-2009, 12:27 PM
They're all "experts" if their pick comes true. :chuckle:

BehindSteelCurtain
01-17-2009, 12:33 PM
I like the Cards in the NFC and of course the Steelers in the AFC.

Steel4eva
01-17-2009, 12:41 PM
Berman picked the Rats 16-15...he picked SD last week

Stover4Prez
01-17-2009, 04:44 PM
The talking heads are useless. How many of those guys picked the Cards over the Panthers. Like ZERO. Any given Sunday my friends.....

Here's to possibly the greatest NFL game of the season!

Go Ravens!

zsheik22
01-17-2009, 04:59 PM
I picked the Cardinals to beat Carolina.

I just thought Carolina and the whole NFC south were over-rated all year. I think the whole division was average and thats what caused them to split all their games and make the division look better then it was.

Then I saw the special on Kurt Warner.... that man has God on his side, lol. That with the fact I cant stand the panthers and like the cards a bit because they're Pittsburgh west.

SteelCurtain7
01-17-2009, 05:00 PM

There ya go. :tt:

stlrtruck
01-17-2009, 06:00 PM
We're all "experts" if our pick comes true. :chuckle:

Fixed it for ya

SteelTalons
01-17-2009, 07:19 PM

The Yinzerbowl?

Ken Whisenhunt along with Russ Grimm and the Cardinals take on Mike Tomlin and the Steelers... :chuckle:

I like this more than the Keystone Bowl. :flap:

MDSteel15
01-17-2009, 07:27 PM

Please, Fart Snott hasn't done anything since that play... he'll retire with that one shining moment as his entire career resmue! :coffee:

markymarc
01-18-2009, 12:22 PM
Please, Fart Snott hasn't done anything since that play... he'll retire with that one shining moment as his entire career resmue! :coffee:

So very true. But hey at least Scott gets to display his biggest football strength today.......his mouth.

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 12:25 PM
I hate when the "experts" choose us. We all know that don't know crap. I hope we win today and are underdogs for the Super Bowl. We play much better with a chip on our shoulder.

HometownGal
01-18-2009, 12:31 PM
While it's nice to see the ESPN'ers picking the Steelers to win, as Coach Tomlin would say . . .

"I don't play into that hocus pocus".

Though I still believe the Steelers have the momentum going in, the 12th player on the field with the home advantage, the better D and a much healthier squad, let's duke it out on the field and whoever ends up on top when that final second ticks off the clock DESERVES to go to the Super Bowl.

Crow-Magnon
01-18-2009, 12:47 PM
I hate when the "experts" choose us. We all know that don't know crap. I hope we win today and are underdogs for the Super Bowl. We play much better with a chip on our shoulder.

Man, EVERYBODY says that!

The TItans said that and they are sitting at home today. Seriously, that "underdog" card gets played way too much. If your team is better on the day of the game, they win. It's really all that simple.

Now, I will grant you, if the ESPN hacks and all the other sports talking heads said, "The (insert team name here) suck, I mean really suck, and they shouldn't even be in a playoff game against a Pop Warner team", then maybe you'd have something. :toofunny:

markymarc
01-18-2009, 01:14 PM
While it's nice to see the ESPN'ers picking the Steelers to win, as Coach Tomlin would say . . .

"I don't play into that hocus pocus".

Though I still believe the Steelers have the momentum going in, the 12th player on the field with the home advantage, the better D and a much healthier squad, let's duke it out on the field and whoever ends up on top when that final second ticks off the clock DESERVES to go to the Super Bowl.

So very true. Heinz Field is going to be rocking today and I really hope it's even louder this weekend. Also, the better D and healthier squad are big advantages for us IMO.