PDA

View Full Version : For You Out of Town Steeler Fans Have You Ever...

SteelerFanInATL
01-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Like myself there are many of us Pittsburghers/Steeler Fans that don't live in Pittsburgh anymore. Since I am not in the city any more,I do come across others who are SF where I currently live and across the country since my occupation has me traveling alot. Out of curiousity have you ever been out wearing Steeler gear (hat, jeresy, jacket ect...) and someone acknowledge you just because? It could be a head nod, a wave, something said in passing or even someone stopping to chat. It happens to me frequently. Just this past christmas (08) I was riding on I-285 going to my sister-in-laws house for dinner. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a car behind me with a Steeler Logo plate on the frount of his car. I had on a H. Ward jersey and as he passed me, he noticed the jersey and waived. My wife asked who was that. I told her "it was just another Steeler Fan" and laughed. It is such a thrill for me to be noticed or acknowledge someone from The Steeler Nation outside of the city. Please post any experiences. I am curious to hear them.

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

millwalldavey
01-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Often! Seriously. Usually in parts of eastern PA as I'm not out of state often, but we always seem to find and acknowledge one another.

All. Over. The. World!

Godfather
01-18-2009, 09:38 AM
Couple of times.

In 2000 I was out walking my dogs in New Orleans and found another Steelers fan in the neighborhood.

I was wearing a Steelers hat at Jazzfest in 2005 and found a lot of Steeler fans.

PalmerSteel
01-18-2009, 09:40 AM
i am in colts country, fort wayne,in. every time i have steelers gear on there is the occasional steelers slam "got wrong team, go colts" , etc jargon, but more often its "nice shirt,hat,etc. the steeler faithful dominates all other teams for sure!

KeiselPower99
01-18-2009, 09:42 AM
After the Titans loss I was at WalMart wearing my Steelers hat and this guy I had never met or seen before saw my hat and was like that last game really sucked huh?? And I was like yes it did but we have the Browns up next. We stood there and talked for about 5 minutes. Its great talking to other fans and realizing we are just brothers and sisters on the nation.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-18-2009, 09:43 AM
All the time. I am always telling anyone I see in Steelers gear "Nice [whatever they are wearing]" or a "GO STEELERS!".

I too am often told the same thing.

Cheppy
01-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Sometimes.. 10 times out of 10 I'm the one who starts the conversation though. Not knowing any Steeler fans personally I have an inherent need to discuss how awesome they are whenever I get the chance.

SteelCityMan786
01-18-2009, 09:51 AM
I had that happen once.

steelersfanman92
01-18-2009, 09:56 AM
i am in colts country, fort wayne,in. every time i have steelers gear on there is the occasional steelers slam "got wrong team, go colts" , etc jargon, but more often its "nice shirt,hat,etc. the steeler faithful dominates all other teams for sure!

I get the same thing all the time i probably have someone compliment my steelers stuff once a month or so

Ricco Suavez
01-18-2009, 10:01 AM
Being from Mississippi you would think there would be a lot of Titan fans here. In truth though there are more Steeler fans than any other NFL team. I would say other teams with support would rank Giants, Cowboys,Packers, then Titans. I work in the Tennessee area and there are more Titan fans there but Steelers are prominent. I will wear my gear and you will have a fan of the B&G come up and start talking. Same with me when I am traveling with my job(no gear) and I see a fan donning their Colors. Steeler fans are a tight knit bunch.

CPanther95
01-18-2009, 10:06 AM
I went up to the Steelers game at Philly and my Palomalu jersey even attracted the attention of a lot of Eagle fans.

Not many head nods though. :)

section514
01-18-2009, 10:07 AM
greatest thing about steeler nation, is that I am not worried about sitting by myself today at the game. I wanted to go to the game, alot of my family and friends had tickets already, so i am going solo after the tailgate. It doesn't matter who is sit by. My fiancee was all worried about me, and I was like, "Don't worry, i will have 65,000 family members sitting with me."

bigbensbabymama
01-18-2009, 10:28 AM
I'm actually guilty of doing it to others.

quadruple yoi
01-18-2009, 10:37 AM
everytime i leave the house with a jersey on, someone will acknowledge it with "go steelers" or "are you from pittsburgh". gotta love it. i also have a terrible towel license plate on my company vehicle and that gets noticed alot too. it starts conversation with customers for me :tt:

varmintjcl
01-18-2009, 10:47 AM
everytime i leave the house with a jersey on, someone will acknowledge it with "go steelers" or "are you from pittsburgh". gotta love it. i also have a terrible towel license plate on my company vehicle and that gets noticed alot too. it starts conversation with customers for me :tt:

Doesn't it suck that Az passed a law not allowing us to have our license place frames on because the word Steelers or Pittsburgh covers the part of the plate that says arizona!!!
Check out these bills just introduced...House bill 1076 and 1075 are still in committee but we must call and Thank Sen. Jay Tibshraeny and Sen. Thayer Verschoor. They are introducing a bill that would instantly Repel the law that says the word Arizona must be fully visble or you get a 130$ ticket. We must show our support to those that work for our freedoms. 602-926-5999

Also I know of at least two employers(Banner Health & Bank of America) who had a Team support day friday and the employees who were not Arizona fans were forbidden to wear their own team colors.

BozMan
01-18-2009, 10:58 AM
When I travel, I frequently wear my Steelers jacket. People in airports like Phoenix, LAX, Vegas, etc. around the country always see it and say "Go Steelers"

stillers4me
01-18-2009, 11:00 AM
All the time.

I went to the doctor on Friday for a sinus infection and had on Steelers earrings. When the doc looked into my ears, he said, "so you're a Steelers fan." I said, "yep. Now remember, you took an oath to do no harm." He laughed and said he was actually rooting for us this weekend and kept going on about how great they are playing.

My husband and I always get some type of acknowledgment. We both wear Steelers coats in the winter and I use my Steelers purse during the season. In the summer he usually has a Steelers ball cap on and then there's our license plates on the cars. He's had conversations at gas stations while filling up the car.

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 11:02 AM
The best is going to Charger games and passing another fan wearing Black and Gold, it's awesome!

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 11:03 AM
My wife and I live in the Northern California about 5 hours north of San Fran, there a lot of Steelers up here. Anytime one of us pass someone in Steelers gear, we always yell, "GO STEELERS". It always gets us a smile and a headnod, and usually is followed by someone else yelling, "GO Raiders", which always makes us laugh.

:tt::tt03::tt:

The Duke
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
It happens to me even down here in Panama :tt03:

Preacher
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
My wife and I live in the Northern California about 5 hours north of San Fran, there a lot of Steelers up here. Anytime one of us pass someone in Steelers gear, we always yell, "GO STEELERS". It always gets us a smile and a headnod, and usually is followed by someone else yelling, "GO Raiders", which always makes us laugh.

:tt::tt03::tt:

Hey... where do you live... Crescent city or redding area?

I am in Napa.

hindes204
01-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Being in the military i have traveled alot, and i make sure everywhere i go i got my steeler gear on, and almost everywhere i get complimented on it. it just happened yesterday driving onto the air force base, the gate gaurd noticed my steeler license plate and we talked about pittsburgh for a few minutes.

Hey Preacher, i'm right down the road in vacaville, stationed at travis

BenIsSuperman7
01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I go to school in Columbia, SC and there are tons of Steelers fans down here. I see someone almost daily with something Steelers on. Just the other night while at the bars saw a guy in a Steelers jacket and gave him the GO STEELERS and a fist bump. This is just one example as it happens all the time.

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 12:39 PM
oddly enough, it happens to me a lot. granted, i LIVE in Western, PA. but i see people EVERYWHERE! and i don't mean a few places here and there...but everywhere! even during the off season. it's great.

also, i do tend to travel to Ohio alot and no matter what time of the year it is, i ALWAYS see people in Black & Gold and they have decals all over their cars out there. it's awesome.

tyler289
01-18-2009, 12:41 PM
Yesterday I was filling up my tank in Western Maryland (Frostburg, visiting my girlfriend) and I saw a guy in a Steelers hat...I of course said Go Steelers.

I've had people say stuff to me when I've been wearing my Steelers hats/shirts/jersey.

Even in College Park, MD I see a lot of Steelers stuff.

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 12:47 PM
i went on vacation to Ocean City last summer. i saw FIVE Terrible Towel beach towels on one day. i mean, if that's not a Steeler Nation thing happening right there, i don't know what is! haha!

the closer i got to the Maryland border, the more Steelers stuff i saw at gas stations. the farther away i got from PA, the less Steelers stuff i saw...but the more fans i met. =)

LVSteelersfan
01-18-2009, 12:56 PM
That would be a big time yes out here in Las Vegas. I almost always get some positive comments. Once in awhile someone will yell something derogatory but I usually ignore them as they have no taste in football teams. When it gets really cold (hardly ever) and I wear my Steelers leather jacket to the grocery store, one of the checkers there always says he wants to steal my jacket.

redst3
01-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Like myself there are many of us Pittsburghers/Steeler Fans that don't live in Pittsburgh anymore. Since I am not in the city any more,I do come across others who are SF where I currently live and across the country since my occupation has me traveling alot. Out of curiousity have you ever been out wearing Steeler gear (hat, jeresy, jacket ect...) and someone acknowledge you just because?

I coach basketball in NC and at one of our games this year a guy I was coaching against was wearing a Steelers shirt. he had a long black pony tail and we had a great visit. He's a hardcore Steelers fan just like me, plus my guys beat his guys in both games....Cool!

kittenfantastico76
01-18-2009, 01:55 PM
I moved from Raven country... to Titans/Cowboys/Skins - whoever we can claim becasue we have no pro team Alabama... And I'm always SO excited to see fans here!!! I didn't really expect to see many - but I've seen countless magnets on cars, stickers, hats and jerseys on people in the area and it warms my heart!!!

I get SO much crap for not being a Ravens or Redskins fan from friends back home, so it's nice in living in a new place to A) not deal with that and B) find other sthat love the Steelers just like me!

(We've invited my boyfriends father and brothers over for the game tonight - I'm working on recruiting a few more fans!!!) GO STEELERS!!!

Ed.R
01-18-2009, 02:08 PM
Alot of Steelers Fans here in North Carolina. I'm 1/2 hour or less away from carolina panthers , Bank Of America stadium . LOTS of Steelers fans here !!!!!!!

Ed:helmet::tt::tt:

Blitzberg06
01-18-2009, 02:15 PM
I always get told GO STEELERS! lol

More importantly whenever I see a Steeler fan I say something to them.

SteelerFanInATL
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
I just got back in the house since starting this thread. It's nice to hear all your stories. Keep them comming. As I was out a guy passed me in his car and the passanger gave me the fist pump!!!!!!!!!

The barber shop I go to, I went in one day and had on a jersey. The owner who had cut my hair in the past saw me and asked "you're a Steeler Fan?" I responded of course with "thats right, I'm from PGH." He politely told me that I might not want to sit in his chair because he was from Baltimore and of course a Ravens fan. Another barber in the shop told me he was a Steeler Fan and that he would cut my hair. Needless to say he has been cutting my hair ever since (4 years) and is now the owner while the Ratbird fan (previous owner) has moved on.

devilsdancefloor
01-18-2009, 04:24 PM
ZIt happen to me just yesterday (i too live in colts country and get alot of head shakes and finger points. even the occasional hey support the local team :blah::blah::blah:). I was in walmart i was wearing a steelr t-shirt walked around a corner and there stood a woman with a miller jersey on she look up and said "here we go steelers here we go"!! I LOL and we talked for a good 30 min. it was great!:tt03::tt03::tt03:
HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelersMongol
01-18-2009, 09:15 PM
My older cousin's SUV has some Steelers huge stickers on it. He told me the other day he came out of store (in Mongolia), & there was 1 American guy waiting 4 him. & he started saying so many things 2 my cousin & giving him thumbs up, padding him on his back, but my cousin doesn't speak English, so he was there just standing & smiling & couldn't say a thing back 2 him. I think all he said was "The Bus". Ha ha ha. 2 bad he didn't think of getting phone #.

P.S. My cousin is not a die-hard fan, but good enough 2 spend his money on Steelers stuff. He often ask me how is the Steelers doing etc.

steelergirl07
01-18-2009, 09:34 PM
I get dirty looks, especially now with my tattoo. I've run into a few Steeler fans here, but they were kind of sassy to me. Oh well.

DP_Steeler
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I have lived near Toronto, Ontario and have been a Steelers fan since 1972 ... I get the nod all the time, car honks (my car has several stickers and a licence plate cover) ... nice to know that Steeler Nation is spread out throughout North America. This region has many fans ... since we are only 4-5 hours away from Pittsburgh we make the trip annually for a game or two!

Cheers!

AllD
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Wear my Steelers shirt to Dolphin games especially when they play each other. Let's say we had a good past few years.

SteelerFanInATL
01-20-2009, 05:30 PM
Bump

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Like myself there are many of us Pittsburghers/Steeler Fans that don't live in Pittsburgh anymore. Since I am not in the city any more,I do come across others who are SF where I currently live and across the country since my occupation has me traveling alot. Out of curiousity have you ever been out wearing Steeler gear (hat, jeresy, jacket ect...) and someone acknowledge you just because? It could be a head nod, a wave, something said in passing or even someone stopping to chat. It happens to me frequently. Just this past christmas (08) I was riding on I-285 going to my sister-in-laws house for dinner. I looked in my rear view mirror and saw a car behind me with a Steeler Logo plate on the frount of his car. I had on a H. Ward jersey and as he passed me, he noticed the jersey and waived. My wife asked who was that. I told her "it was just another Steeler Fan" and laughed. It is such a thrill for me to be noticed or acknowledge someone from The Steeler Nation outside of the city. Please post any experiences. I am curious to hear them.

Happens to me alot here in LA. i wear steelers gear everytime im not at work, meaning weekends. :tt02::tt02:

PAMillerGrrl83
01-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I had an experience during the HOF game between the Colts/Skins, I had bought a Big Ben purse before we went to Canton and took it into the game. My husband and I sat with some Colts fans who noticed my bag and said "Well if yor not gonna root for the Colts, at least your pulling for the Steelers". We also ran into a guy at a gas station who saw the Steelers sticker on my SUV and yelled to me *Nice car, better stucker".

MJ5150
01-20-2009, 06:15 PM
Out of curiousity have you ever been out wearing Steeler gear (hat, jeresy, jacket ect...) and someone acknowledge you just because?

You bet. Happens all the time. I usually strike up a conversation if possible. I start out with "you from the Burgh?" and it goes from there. If a conversation is not possible, I try to establish eye contact and give a tip of my cap or a head nod.

It drives my wife nuts when I do it.

Steeler Nation baby!!!!! I LOVE IT!

-Mike

Steel4eva
01-20-2009, 07:33 PM
HELL YEAH! im in MD and i am always giving props to a Steeler fan when i see one which is VERY OFTEN!:tt03:

Milkman
01-20-2009, 07:37 PM
I will say that when me and my family went to Disney World in Nov. of 2008, we saw far more Steeler fans than any other fans for the 5 days we were there.

STEELER NATION FTW! :tt03:

nojobny
01-20-2009, 07:55 PM

Every single day! :tt02:

During football season I ALWAYS have on a hat or coat with the steelers logo. As this season has progress I've gotten more and more people coming up to me. Granted, I live in a city with a population of 10 million so I've got a good chance of running into a fan. (it doesn't hurt that the plates on my car are ST33LERS)

Here's just a few things that have happened to me within the last week.

A woman followed me into a restaurant to see if I was a real fan. After we sang a couple of bars of 'Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl' together, she knew.
I was in the elevator and a guy gets on with a Steelers scarf.
I was leaving the subway and I hear someone yell "STEELERS!", I turn around to see who it is and it's one of a couple of cops on duty giving me the thumbs up.
I was waiting for the bus to go to work and a woman says to me "my whole family are huge Steelers fans - I can't wait to watch". She was totally jealous when I told her I was going but it's great b/c now I have someone in my neighbourhood who I can sell my extra pair to.

My boss is not into football but she knows I'm a HUGE fan and there's not one day when were together that someone doesn't come up to me b/c of something I'm wearing. (we were in the bank together to get something notarized and the mgr came up to us to help us b/c he saw I was a steelers fan! LOL) And everytime it happens I say to her, 'see- we're everywhere'.

zsheik22
01-20-2009, 08:06 PM

I was in Croatia with my cousin and she was wearing her steelers shirt. A guy walked up to us and said.. "MY COUSIN IS FROM THERE!!!!"

Was awesome, lol. He finally got the words Pennsylvania out of his mouth, but he sure knew what that logo meant.

draejr
01-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Born and raised in Wisconsin (Packer country) - I'm 35 now and even as a 1st grader, I've always been decked out in Steeler apparel.

This happens all the time - always with the head nod and an occasional "Go Steelers!"

steelreserve
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
It happens all the time in the Bay Area. Probably the one I remember most was the day of the Patriots-Eagles Super Bowl, the year the cheating pricks beat us at home in the AFCCG (a game I flew into town for and went to).

I was walking down the street in Oakland defiantly wearing my Big Ben jersey on my way to get something to eat, and some dude passed by on a motorcycle wearing a Steelers leather jacket. He pointed at me and gave a head nod, gunned the motor a couple times and sped off doing a wheelie.

I intentionally spent most of that afternoon at the movie theater so I wouldn't have to watch the fricking Super Bowl and be angry, but that gesture made me feel a little better.

markymarc
01-21-2009, 06:22 AM
And this is another reason the Steeler Nation is so strong. Being back in PA it doesn't happen as much, but when I was in Atlanta for 5 years it never failed when we would go out and had Steelers gear on we always got people saying "great gear" or even stop to talk with us. It's a great feeling and makes you even prouder to be a Steelers fan.

Bob Russell
01-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Oh yeah!!! I live in Maryland now. Just outside D.C. There are a lot of Steelers around here. A lot of us get together and party on game day. We give it as much of a home town feel as we can. Chipped ham, Iron, you know the stuff. But, yes, I always get people to talk, and honk/wave at us.

The_WARDen
01-21-2009, 08:07 AM

Out here in Philly, the response is usually 50-50. Even the Eagle fans I run into though, respect the Steelers and it's usually a good exchange. Every once in awhile, I do run into that green kool-aid drinker but that's the exception.

Just the other week, I was in line checking out and the cashier was from Pittsburgh and then on Sunday morning at a diner, I ran into a guy from Johnstown.

My one co-worker is amazed at all the Steeler fans that exist even in our company and it's great to remind him that we're every where!

GO STEELERS!
:tt03:

stlrtruck
01-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Almost anytime I see a Steelers fan out and about I say something to them. It's like seeing your long lost brother/sister and you get a chance to catch up for a few minutes.

SteelerChick
01-21-2009, 09:13 AM
I had to respond to this....

I just spent the weekend in Raven's territory. 9 of my girlfriends headed to Ocean City for a getaway.

When we won the game last week I told them I HAD to watch the game this weekend. The day before the game we went out to eat. The sign out front proclaimed "go Ravens". I asked the waitress when she came over what she could do about that sign, since i was a STEELERS fan! I expected her to give me a hard time instead she gives me a thumbs up! I said "no way! A steelers fan?" She said "Of course, I am from Erie....which I am as well! We spent the rest of the time talking about our Steelers!!

We watched the game at a bar where I was the only Steelers fan screaming and hollering...until I got the rest of the girls to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.

Let me tell you...we got some LOOKS!! :tt02::tt02::tt02:
and then there was the guy at the tollbooth on the turnpike! LOL

memphissteelergirl
01-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Living here in TN and in the midst of all the Titans' hoopla from this season, it's always nice to spot folks wearing their Black and Gold. Actually, while there are plenty of Titans' fans here in Memphis, there are more than a few Cowgirls fans here as well.

But I run into Steelers' fans everywhere...at the car wash, at the supermarket, the library....everywhere! We often give a thumbs up :thumbsup: or say "Go Steelers" or "Here We Go." You never know a stranger in Black and Gold!

STEELER NATION RULES!!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

shevdog
01-21-2009, 09:41 AM
"Out of curiousity have you ever been out wearing Steeler gear (hat, jeresy, jacket ect...) and someone acknowledge you just because?"

Yes and often throughout the year.

I grew up I New Castle (just north of the Burgh), then went to college around the Philly suburbs, sticking around here too for work. Philly and the burbs has a pretty good Steelers following, even a good deal of flags displayed outside of homes.

I got home from the AFCc game on Monday, forgetting to repack my headphones for work. (I listen to WXDX and Madden in the afternoons online). Since I forgot my headphones I decided to buy an extra pair at Kmart...

En route to the checkout, I see a lady with a Steelers leather coat on. In Philly style (harassment out of pure jealousy), I said "there is one of those Steelers fans". She turned around ready to mount a defense. After seeing my Pirates hate and Steelers jersey, she smiled and gave me a half hug. She called me a spoiled brat after I told her I was at the AFCc game. She told me about her Steelers shrine. While we were both in the check out we got into some discussion with a couple Eagles fans, one that was ticked off, the other who was being rational and defending our Steelers.

So yeah, this kind of thing happens to me often, especially at convience stores. And it happens to when I travel all over, since if anything I am wearing my Steelers ball cap.

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
I was in Vegas and had a Connecting Flight in Denver. Summer after we won Super Bowl XL. I had a steelers shirt and hat on. I went to the Cinnabon and the guy looked at me kinda weird and he was like You a Steelers Fan. I told him born and raised thats where im from. I figure im gonna get landblasted at this time. And he was like Hell Yeah man. I have been a fan all my life. Then he told me how bad he got harrased during the AFC championship....

Moral of the Story. STEELER NATION IS EVERYWHERE.

SuperSteelers
01-21-2009, 12:17 PM
In my previous job I used to travel internationally. The year after we won XL, I spent the weekend in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I put my jersey on for the game that morning, and at breakfast at the hotel this woman comes up to me in shock, telling me that she never expected to see a Steelers jersy in Argentina. She was from the burg. We watched the game at an American bar and I ran into some Steeler fans there too.

The wierdest experience was traveling to Ghana in Africa. Driving around Accra, I must have seen at least a half-dozen locals wearing Kordell Stewart jerseys! I guess we now know where the Salvation Army sends its doantions!

jjpro11
01-21-2009, 12:21 PM
i get the occasional "boo" or "go browns".. nothing bad.. although one time a drunk at the cavs game stuck his middle finger right in front of my face while i was washing my hands in the bathroom. but he was drunk, so it wasnt worth arguing about.. i just told him to f*ck off and walked away.

JoeLion
01-21-2009, 12:30 PM
I live in Central Florida and it is amazing when I wear a Steelers hat or shirt. I am usually greeted with "STEELERS!" . I've had a lady come up and give me a hug and ask "What part of Pittsburgh are you from?" That is usually how the conversations start.
My wife can't believe it. I just tell her it's all apart of Steeler Nation and it's everywhere.

She laughs. I have her wearing Steeler clothing now. :thumbsup:

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Oh yea! I sold a washing machine to someone wearing a Steelers shirt the other week and we had a long chat about our beloved team!

westcoastransplant
01-21-2009, 04:36 PM
I get it all the time out here. I live in the middle of the desert by Edwards Air Force Base. We just opened a Bufalo Wild Wings and every week I go, the place is packed with Steelers Fans. My office is covered wall to wall with Steelers stuff from my fathead to my many Terrible Towels. It always gets some funny responses from my vendors. One of my reps brought another rep in the company who is from Pittsburgh to my office just to dee it.

43Hitman
01-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Every time I go out with my gear on someone says something. People will honk at me stop say hello, it's insane. I like to think it's because of my good looks and charm, but prolly not. The Steelers have a huge following in VA. There are Steel City Connection clubs all over the place. Almost every sports bar has some sort of club.

Albanysteelerfan
01-21-2009, 04:47 PM
I lve in New York and every time I go out to watch a Steelers game there are at least 3 or 4 other Steeler fans watching the game. I grew up in VT and there are a lot of Steeler fans there to.

steelpinstripe72
01-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh boy, do I have some stories. I'll just share my top three "How do you meet these people??" stories. I should preface this by saying that I'm in Buffalo and before I came here, my mother was all, "Don't get beat up, don't start any fights," etc. Haven't had any trouble. In fact, I met my best friend (the punter) while wearing Steelers gear. I was at work, and he came in. "You're a Steelers fan?" Next thing I know, we're watching the Sunday night game against the Bungles (12/2/07) and he's turning my life upside down. Being asked at halftime if you believe in God will do that. Best thing that ever happened to me, seriously. But I digress. It's just amazing who you meet when they know your allegiance before they know your name.

Next, I'm just back from Pittsburgh - this was back in March - and I'm in FYE looking at Beatles records. Dude walks up to me, and is all like, "You're wearing Steelers gear in Buffalo??" Turns out he's up visiting his son. He manages a Carmike cinema down in Pittsburgh, and upon finding out I'm looking to get down there, offers me a job. I can't make this stuff up. Really.

Third story happened back when I was at Ithaca College. Randomly ran into this girl who was visiting my RA. She sees my door, all decked out in Steelers stuff, and was like, "whose door is this??" She knows Bill Cowher because she went to school with his eldest daughter. Third row tickets behind the bench for home games, and she got to go to Super Bowl XL. Yup. How do I meet these people, indeed. And of course, there's just the random stuff, with me walking around in my coat, hat, and Terrible Towel scarf. People stare, say things. I love it, lol.

spiketg
01-21-2009, 05:15 PM
I, personally have NEVER lived in Pittsburgh, or the US for that matter but that doesn't stop me wearing the steelers gear. My friend got me into the NFL last season and even tho I tried to choose a team of my own I immediately fell for the steelers who he was already a fan of. This season we've got another one of our friends to join the Steeler nation in fact, just the other week for our game vs the ratbirds, me and my 2 friends went out with our steelers jerseys and our faces painted for the game to get some food. You can probably imagine the kinda looks we got considering we actually live in a small town in Scotland lol, which isnt exactly big on NFL. Just goes to show everywhere has a steelers fan.. Here We Go Steelers! :tt03: :popcorn:

jev7452
01-21-2009, 05:19 PM
all the time!! especially here on my college campus.. almost every time i wear one of my jerseys i get comments. just yesterday i was walking to class rocking my throwback lambert jersey and i heard someone singing on the other side of the walk "HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!" love it!

TheManOfSteel
01-21-2009, 05:30 PM
I live in Cleveland. There are a SHIT TON of Steelers fans here. Some are ban wagon jumpers cas the Browns suck. There was still a SHIT TON befor they left.

We are STEELER NATION!

I lived in PA years ago HARRISBURGH!!!! and WASHINGTON!!! now Cleveland, yet Black and Gold pumps threw my body! I hate Browns fans. They are the worst fans I have ever seen. They boo they b****, cry. They see things threw rosed colored glasses. They HATE US only because we are what they want to be.