PDA

View Full Version : Delusional Baltimore Media and Fans...

desertsteel
01-18-2009, 10:02 AM
I had to spend the day in Baltimore yesterday (got sick from the purple). While driving, I listened to the local radio and I've got to tell you, those people are in fantasy land..... one guy says that they have played Pittsburgh for 120 minutes and DOMINATED them for 115!!! Another says that the Steeler players are second guessing because they know they were lucky in the first two, but worry it's running out.... I could go on, but you get the point.

How incredible is the POWER OF SPIN! They are experts in Baltimore.

On a positive note, I was able to flip the bird to the purple stadium both coming in and going out!

STEELERS 31 ravens 13

Burghfan58
01-18-2009, 10:10 AM
They can't very well go on the radio and say there going to lose for a third time. I love how everyone is talking about how hard it is to beat a team three times in a season when out of the 18 times its happened 11 times the 2 win team has won the third.

Crow-Magnon
01-18-2009, 10:27 AM
I had to spend the day in Baltimore yesterday (got sick from the purple). While driving, I listened to the local radio and I've got to tell you, those people are in fantasy land..... one guy says that they have played Pittsburgh for 120 minutes and DOMINATED them for 115!!! Another says that the Steeler players are second guessing because they know they were lucky in the first two, but worry it's running out.... I could go on, but you get the point.

How incredible is the POWER OF SPIN! They are experts in Baltimore.

On a positive note, I was able to flip the bird to the purple stadium both coming in and going out!

STEELERS 31 ravens 13

If you look at the stats from those two games, you will see that, on paper, the Ravens did control the majority of those games. Which really doesn't matter much if you get the L instead of the W.

The fact is that both offenses have struggled against the opposing defenses pretty much all game long. But in the end, whoever has the most points is the one that goes on. And in this case, going on means a trip to Tampa.

This game may look like an episode of M*A*S*H by the time the final gun sounds.

desertsteel
01-18-2009, 10:32 AM
If you look at the stats from those two games, you will see that, on paper, the Ravens did control the majority of those games. Which really doesn't matter much if you get the L instead of the W.

The fact is that both offenses have struggled against the opposing defenses pretty much all game long. But in the end, whoever has the most points is the one that goes on. And in this case, going on means a trip to Tampa.

All that the Ravens have done against the Steelers amounts to moral victories.... congratulations and expect another one today ratbird

KeiselPower99
01-18-2009, 10:42 AM
If you listen to the media Baltimore has already wrapped this thing up and Ray Lewis is the greatest player ever. So lets all crown the "Paper Champions". Damn where is Lee Flowers when ya need him???

G7!
01-18-2009, 10:44 AM
loss of Suggs' and johnson's composure in game 1 led to Steelers win,

bad call in game 2 led to Steelers win,

Baltimore knows this....

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 10:48 AM

Baltimore knows this....

You got the ball first in OT in the first game. Suggs play offense?

So it was a bad call that allowed that 92-yard drive?

Wonder what your excuse tonight will be? Guess we'll never know because trolls like you never come back.

:coffee:

BleedBlacknGold0
01-18-2009, 10:48 AM

Baltimore knows this....

Enough with the bad call BS. Are you a seahawks fan? Even if it wasnt a touchdown all the Steelers had to do was sneeze to get in for the game winning TD. I know 'bad' calls suck but most people will agree that the game should never be in the hands of the officials and if thats the situation the Ravens put themselves in then 99% of the blame goes their way.

Also Ray Lewis sucks.

PolamaluPower
01-18-2009, 10:55 AM
I live in the area and the Ravens fans are more than confident. Ravens Radio was filled with comments about a big win and upset today. Talk is talk...we'll see if they'll walk.

G7!
01-18-2009, 10:57 AM
Enough with the bad call BS. Are you a seahawks fan? Even if it wasnt a touchdown all the Steelers had to do was sneeze to get in for the game winning TD. I know 'bad' calls suck but most people will agree that the game should never be in the hands of the officials and if thats the situation the Ravens put themselves in then 99% of the blame goes their way.

Also Ray Lewis sucks.

Just telling you why Baltimore fans and media are confident. We all saw those two games. We know what happened.

The steelers beat a very soft Chargers team at home and suddenly the mantra becomes "Who can stop the Steelers?" Most of us aren't buying the hype.

4G63
01-18-2009, 10:59 AM
You got the ball first in OT in the first game. Suggs play offense?

So it was a bad call that allowed that 92-yard drive?

Wonder what your excuse tonight will be? Guess we'll never know because trolls like you never come back.

:coffee:

I'll come back either way! I'll give a sincere compliment if the Stoolers win the game. I love the Ravens but I'm not a blind homer. I'll give credit where credit is due!!

The real question is are man enough to congratulate the Ravens if they win? Right here on this board?

desertsteel
01-18-2009, 11:04 AM
I'll come back either way! I'll give a sincere compliment if the Stoolers win the game. I love the Ravens but I'm not a blind homer. I'll give credit where credit is due!!

The real question is are man enough to congratulate the Ravens if they win? Right here on this board?

question is: if the ratbirds miracuously win... will you email us the ratbirds book of excuses to console ourselves with???

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 11:05 AM

Um, the Steelers out gained the Ravens, and out scored them, they had the same turnovers and the Steelers had more sacks. Oh and the Steelers won 2. What stats am I looking at on paper that say the Ravens controlled the game? :noidea:

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 11:09 AM
LOL I hope they come into Pittsburgh today overconfident. Yeah they played great in those two games when we had alot of injuries. That isn't going to happen to day. The Rats have all the injuries this time and we're at home.

Don't worry rat fans, I already said that I would come to your forums after the game and congratulate you guys IF you win. I always cheer for our fellow divisional teams once the Steelers are out. Good lick to both teams today. It's going to be a war!!!

cubanstogie
01-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Um, the Steelers out gained the Ravens, and out scored them, they had the same turnovers and the Steelers had more sacks. Oh and the Steelers won 2. What stats am I looking at on paper that say the Ravens controlled the game? :noidea:

these guys must have missed the 92 yard drive when we made their D look like the Browns'. I watched the game from 5 weeks ago last night and the only positive from them was the running of McClain. He seemed to get 3 to 4 yards after contact which made me dislike Carey Davis even more, he gets negative yards after contact. Flacco completed maybe 4 passes down field. I don't really know how the define control but I didn't see it.

G7!
01-18-2009, 11:11 AM

The only thing I am answering to is why Baltimore is confident....which the orginal poster seems to be confused about. You guys are getting all defensive..."don't doubt the black and gold, man". Whatever. There is no reason why we shouldn't be confident in Baltimore....that's all. Sorry if it has made you doubt yourselves....

4G63
01-18-2009, 11:13 AM
question is: if the ratbirds miracuously win... will you email us the ratbirds book of excuses to console ourselves with???

Huh? The players and Harbaugh were gracious in defeat. (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d4fa15). I'm the type of fan that wants a game won one the field, not under a replay hood. I also don't want calls in our favor. Thats why I hated the fact that the Tits fans would complain about the no-call delay of game........it only leaves doubt.

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 11:14 AM
The only thing I am answering to is why Baltimore is confident....which the orginal poster seems to be confused about. You guys are getting all defensive..."don't doubt the black and gold, man". Whatever. There is no reason why we shouldn't be confident in Baltimore....that's all. Sorry if it has made you doubt yourselves....

See, that's why I quoted Crow-Magnon, I didn't expect you to answer for him. No one is getting defensive, I'm merely asking him to back up his claim. Pretty simple concept.

HometownGal
01-18-2009, 11:26 AM
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/FP3426~Baltimore-Ravens-Logo-Posters.jpg

http://teens.walkerart.org/wp-content/uploads/teens/purple_rain.jpg

That is all.

BleedBlacknGold0
01-18-2009, 11:27 AM
AH A Ravens fan in Hanover. Im a Steelers fan in McSherrystown. We've probably seen eachother around.

4G63
01-18-2009, 11:37 AM
AH A Ravens fan in Hanover. Im a Steelers fan in McSherrystown. We've probably seen eachother around.

I'm actually in West Manheim, but nobody knows where the hell that is so its easier just saying Hanover.

BleedBlacknGold0
01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
I grew up in Manheim. Went to South Western Graduated in 2004

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 11:55 AM

Yes, I am. I will give the Ravens props if they win and sincerely congratulate folks like Crow-Magnon and others. On the other hand, I will probably tell obnoxious trolls to piss off followed by giving them a swift boot out of here.

LambertIsGod58
01-18-2009, 12:22 PM
If they do win, I ain't congratulating any of those trash-talking, tackle-dancing, victim-stabbing, player-marking, mouth-spitting thugs or their apologist franchise- stealing fans. :flap:
Any given Sunday and all, but that classless organization doesn't deserve anything but scorn.

But odds are they won't win. They had 2 shots at us already when their chances were better. All they came up with were lame excuses about how they "performed better on paper". :coffee:
I don't think they'll do any better this time, now that they're worn out and we can run the ball. Just 2 more advantages to the better team. :tt02:

I agree...the only thing that worries me is that they might be hungrier this time than the last two.

stillers4me
01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I agree...the only thing that worries me is that they might be hungrier this time than the last two.

Well, I know we are. :helmet:

LVSteelersfan
01-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Just telling you why Baltimore fans and media are confident. We all saw those two games. We know what happened.

The steelers beat a very soft Chargers team at home and suddenly the mantra becomes "Who can stop the Steelers?" Most of us aren't buying the hype.

It's ok to be confident but you Baltimorons seem to REFUSE to accept the fact that your team is BEAT UP and is going to get burned big time due to players not playing or playing hurt. I heard Suggs is going to play today. He will be lucky to get out of the first quarter before someone knocks him for a loop and takes him out. Your secondary will be toast without a pass rush. And don't even try to tell me Ray Lewis is going to win this game by himself. Flacco is irrelevant as our defense will shut his sorry A $ $ down.

SteelersGirlTN7
01-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Why do we keep hearing about the supposed bad call from our last game ... the LEAGUE SAYS IT WAS A TOUCHDOWN!

Of all people, the Ravens fans should just shut up... did you forget you were the BENEFICIARY of one those calls last week? You know, the one that is pretty much the reason you're coming to Heinz? I'm sure any QB can make a great throw on 3rd down when he has almost 2 extra seconds to do it...

But you have selective memory when it comes to that .. and you just remember the call that you want to whine about... and forget the 11 plays and 92 yards that got us to that point!

GO STEELERS!!!

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 12:42 PM
just like us, they have faith in their team. but they are outside of their f*cking minds to think they have us beat.

everyone tells me how "worried" and "nervous" they are about playing the Ravens. i say, "be worried and nervous...but have faith brother. have faith." of course our team is nervous...it's a HUGE game for them, duh! but, it's even bigger for the egos and the city of Baltimore.

we deserve this win and we WILL get this win. no doubt in my mind.

***the last time i team beat another team 3 times in one season, the Pittsburgh Steelers beating the Cleveland Browns in 2002. ***

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
funny, i haven't seen a SINGLE ESPN interview with a Steeler. maybe i'm just not watching it all the time like i normally do, but 3 times i changed the channel and saw Ed Reed's ugly mug. his mouth is writing a check that his ass can't cash. bank's closed on Sunday chump...bad things happen in 3's. eat a dick Ed Reed. =)

sorry, i just had to vent a little. haha!

4G63
01-18-2009, 12:46 PM
I hope we kick their hapless purple butts all the way back to Lord Baltimore's syphilis colony on the Chesapeake Estuary!

I actually laughed at that.

4G63
01-18-2009, 12:51 PM
Why do we keep hearing about the supposed bad call from our last game ... the LEAGUE SAYS IT WAS A TOUCHDOWN!

Of all people, the Ravens fans should just shut up... did you forget you were the BENEFICIARY of one those calls last week? You know, the one that is pretty much the reason you're coming to Heinz? I'm sure any QB can make a great throw on 3rd down when he has almost 2 extra seconds to do it...

But you have selective memory when it comes to that .. and you just remember the call that you want to whine about... and forget the 11 plays and 92 yards that got us to that point!

GO STEELERS!!!

Technically, it would have fallen under the '5-15 ' rule, whereas the 5 yard penalty would have been disregarded had they called the mugging of Todd Heap's helmet by one of the Tits defenders. If you ever see the replay, watch Heap's helmet and the blatant facemask.

I'm certainly not gonna say the Ravens didn't benefit, but the Zebras had a terrible game last week. They missed the Safety by Chris Johnson, and upon further revue, would have been a safety had they been paying attention...........

4G63
01-18-2009, 12:53 PM
funny, i haven't seen a SINGLE ESPN interview with a Steeler. maybe i'm just not watching it all the time like i normally do, but 3 times i changed the channel and saw Ed Reed's ugly mug. his mouth is writing a check that his ass can't cash. bank's closed on Sunday chump...bad things happen in 3's. eat a dick Ed Reed. =)

Funny, I've seen it the other way around, other than the Suggs interview. I haven't watched TV today so I may have missed all the Raven love.... http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.evolutionm.net/get/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 12:56 PM
*sigh*

excuses...excuses

the game is over and done with. deal with it. QUIT living in the past. please? thanks. go home.

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
there is no such thing as "Raven's Love." it's called, the media showing a flash in the pan team ready to be taken down by the true Super Bowl champs this year.

notice how the Steelers aren't media darlings with some Flacco related Cinderella story? because the Steelers don't want to be media wh*res like your team does. we just do our thing and go out and win. plain and simple.

Ravens love...*scoff* HA!

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
"Raven love" is easy to find. All you need is 2 packs of smokes and a shank.
/ on a roll :D

Ravens Love is the post game washdown with Suggs and Lewis tagging up on Ed Reed!!! haha!!!

LVSteelersfan
01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
The only chance I give Baltimore in this game whatsoever is the elements. Playing in the snow and cold can make the ball take funny bounces, cause fumbles or dropped passes that don't normally happen. All it takes if for one DB to slip on a frozen field and a long TD pass can happen at any time. IF the QB can get the ball to them with accuracy. I won't say this game is a lock because anything can happen, but the game is there for the Steelers to take if they play up to par.

4G63
01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
there is no such thing as "Raven's Love." it's called, the media showing a flash in the pan team ready to be taken down by the true Super Bowl champs this year.

notice how the Steelers aren't media darlings with some Flacco related Cinderella story? because the Steelers don't want to be media wh*res like your team does. we just do our thing and go out and win. plain and simple.

Ravens love...*scoff* HA!

Dude....wth are you talking about?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/dkr624/ot/picks.jpg

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 01:13 PM
what is that supposed to prove to me? that out of the four teams playing today that NOBODY thinks the Ravens will win. how sad...how sad!?

X-Terminator
01-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Dude....wtf are you talking about?

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r3/dkr624/ot/picks.jpg

That kind of surprises me...I thought for sure that the Ravens would get a few more picks, especially from Jaws, a known Steeler hater. Anyway, it's not a good omen to have BSPN all picking the Steelers to win. I'd rather them pick the Rats.

kittenfantastico76
01-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Being a Maryland girl born and raised, and I completely appreciate the fact that Baltimore once again has a team they can call their own... but I have to say... they are some of the moodiest fans I've EVER met!

Bottom line is we don't rely on HYPE with the Steelers, we rely on our games, our players, and eat up the trash talk!

And trust me... if I had a dime for every dirty look I get back home when I visit, when I say how much I can't stand the golden boy Ray Lewis... I'd be rich!!!

KeiselPower99
01-18-2009, 01:46 PM

I noticed that as well. It was all Ray Lewis and Ed Reed. Im tired of seeing them and hearing about them. They may have picked us to win but they disrespected us.

Blitzberg06
01-18-2009, 01:50 PM

Bad calls? Really? Like the delay of game? Like the bending Chris Johnson backwards? Like those bad calls..wait like those calls that didn't get called.

I was all for the ravens winning against the titans..but god knows the titans lost that game more then the ravens beat them.