PDA

View Full Version : Quarterback edge today - what a joke

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 01:05 PM
I was just listening to the pregame on NFL network and Marshall Faulk said that he thought Flacco was better than Ben and that the Ravens QB had the edge today. Seriously how do these idiots get their job? Most of us on this board, could provide better commentary than these idiots. I wish someday that these networks that host games finally wise up and get some analysts in there that actually know football, instead of these washed athletes that pick games based on who they like.

:tt03:

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 01:11 PM
He was probably told to say that.

LambertIsGod58
01-18-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm not the biggest Ben fan in the world, but he IS better than Flacco.

hindes204
01-18-2009, 01:14 PM
hes an idiot

markymarc
01-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Marshall was just going against the popular choice. The shows I have been watching today all gave the edge to Ben and why wouldn't you. Although Boomer from ESPN made me laugh today. He predicts the Rats to win because Flacco is going to make a few big plays today against the #1 NFL defense.

LambertIsGod58
01-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Unfortunately, even these guys have biases. Even though there suppose to be impartial.

LVSteelersfan
01-18-2009, 01:20 PM
He absolutely refuses to give the Steelers any credit whatsoever. He said Willis McGahee is a better running back than Willie Parker. He insists the Ravens WRs are better than Pittsburgh's. He thinks Joe Flacco is the better QB. Warren Sapp looked like he wanted to come out of his seat and smack the crap out of him. I wish he would have because I felt the same way. Why the hate for the Steelers Marshall? Did they P I $ $ in your Cheerios or something this morning? I officially dislike Marshall Faulk with a passion after that. Mooch and Warren at least show a little bit of reality in their assessments.

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 01:20 PM
How many rookie QBs have won an AFCCG? Yeah, that's what I thought. :coffee:

T.Richardson
01-18-2009, 01:21 PM
Unfortunately, even these guys have biases. Even though there suppose to be impartial.

yep.

SteelCityMom
01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Eh, I wouldn't read too much into it, he's just getting paid to play devils advocate basically...I'm sure he knows better, but he's probably just reading what has been scripted for him.

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
I hope the Steelers video team make loops of all the crap coming out of his mouth today to help fire our boys up.

They don't have any WR's other than Mason - what an absolute joke!!!

LambertIsGod58
01-18-2009, 01:25 PM
How many rookie QBs have won an AFCCG? Yeah, that's what I thought. :coffee:

Agreed......but we could also ask how many rookie QB's have won two playoff games before the playoffs started and we would've said zero.

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Agreed......but we could also ask how many rookie QB's have won two playoff games before the playoffs started and we would've said zero.

True, but history is still anything but on Flacco's side here. Therefore, to claim he has the edge here is foolish.

LambertIsGod58
01-18-2009, 01:32 PM
True, but history is still anything but on Flacco's side here. Therefore, to claim he has the edge here is foolish.

Don't get me wrong.....I agree Ben is better.

GBMelBlount
01-18-2009, 01:35 PM

It's absurd to the point of being humorous.....

Edman
01-18-2009, 02:03 PM
History indicates that Flacco gets exposed today.

He hasn't exactly lit it up in the postseason. He just hasn't lost the game for Baltimore and let the other team do that themselves.

Crow-Magnon
01-18-2009, 02:05 PM
I love Joe Flacco. After 13 years the Ravens finally (at least it appears that way) to have their franchise quarterback.

But I think one would have to be really whacko to say that Flacco has the edge over Ben today. Flacco may very well wind up with more TD's, more yardage and less INT's than Roethlisberger today. The game will decide that. But to make that claim beforehand sounds a little foolish.

Sometimes I wonder why we ever listen to these mooks.

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 02:20 PM
I love Joe Flacco. After 13 years the Ravens finally (at least it appears that way) to have their franchise quarterback.

But I think one would have to be really whacko to say that Flacco has the edge over Ben today. Flacco may very well wind up with more TD's, more yardage and less INT's than Roethlisberger today. The game will decide that. But to make that claim beforehand sounds a little foolish.

Sometimes I wonder why we ever listen to these mooks.

personally, i think Joe Flacco is a goober and just that, a rookie QB. i'm NOT trying to be a d*ck, but i hope for your sake and your team's sake he doesn't become the next Derek Anderson. hot sh*t for a hot minute, then outsted and booed off stage, na'mean?

what i'm saying is, if he's going to be good...he better be good for quit a long time. am i right?

serious question, are there ANY players who retired as Ravens?

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 02:21 PM
did you just call me a "mook!?"

is that Baltimore slang for something i never heard of? like Pittsburgh people calling everyone "jag offs!?"

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-18-2009, 02:23 PM
I guess Ben will just have to throw 5 TD's in the first half again. :)

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 02:24 PM
I guess Ben will just have to throw 5 TD's in the first half again. :)

...and there's always THAT!

i like your thinking dude. keep it up then.

HometownGal
01-18-2009, 02:28 PM
I'm not the biggest Ben fan in the world, but he IS better than Flacco.

Ben most definitely is the better and more experienced QB - no doubt about it. However, Joe Flacco, imho, is the BEST QB the Rats have had in many seasons. He is a good young QB and is going to make his mark in the NFL.

Texasteel
01-18-2009, 02:53 PM
I am a Flacco fan, although today I would like to see him curled into the fetal position sucking his thumb and crying like a baby by the fourth quarter. However, to suggest that he is better that a QB that has done what Ben has done is just plain dumb. I think that some of these guys say stuff like this just to catch your attention and make you listen to them.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-18-2009, 03:11 PM
I do beleive that Flacco is more mobile and a threat to kill us with his feet. He is a lot faster the Ben for the size the two are. Another thing I think he might have more zipp on his long ball then Ben. Ben has more experience though.

I see the QBs are equal. The Steelers D are gonna respect the Flacco for what he is , which is a respectable Playoff contender.

Crow-Magnon
01-18-2009, 03:14 PM
personally, i think Joe Flacco is a goober and just that, a rookie QB. i'm NOT trying to be a d*ck, but i hope for your sake and your team's sake he doesn't become the next Derek Anderson. hot sh*t for a hot minute, then outsted and booed off stage, na'mean?

what i'm saying is, if he's going to be good...he better be good for quit a long time. am i right?

serious question, are there ANY players who retired as Ravens?

Yes, Jonathan Ogden. Retired at the end of last season and without a doubt a 1st round HOF'er.

Pentheon
01-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I dont even watch pregame shows on there, they say some dumb things..

I watched the pregame on fox before the eagles/cards game and evryone picked the steelers to win today and everyone picked them to win the superbowl except jimmy johnson I think it was.

they were talking about how flacco isnt gonna do anything with our defense and I agree.

SteelerFanInATL
01-18-2009, 04:59 PM
He was probably told to say that.

I second that. They always seem to have someone for and someone against.

4G63
01-18-2009, 05:31 PM

How is he thinking that Flacco is better show he's biased? Just like everyone's comments here, its an opinion, whether you like it or not.....