PDA

View Full Version : superbowl plan change?

PalmerSteel
01-18-2009, 01:21 PM
i know the steelers are going to win, but if a freak of nature happens and the ratbirds pull it off and you always go to a gathering or party for the super bowl, would you change your plans this year to just stay home or not watch it at all and who would you root for? i have always gone to a superbowl party or get together but if ratbirds are in it i may have a real hard time with it this year for the first time and may be staying home with not much interset inthe game at all. curious if anyone else has thought about this terrible scenario yet? :tt:

SteelCityKing
01-18-2009, 01:23 PM
yeah...i think about it everday. but then i realized...we're going to win. that idea cheers me up and i move on with my day. haha!

i'm a tad nervous, but i have faith. i got a feeling we'll be going to the Super Bowl for sure. but then THAT will be the true litmus test for our team. can we manhandle a team we rarely play (ARZ) or can we keep up with a super hot team who beat our ass early on this season? (PHI)

i guess we'll have to wait and see. but the Ravens do NOT deserve this win...period. =)

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 01:24 PM
If the ratbirds win, I will cheer for them in the Super Bowl (as much as that will turn my stomach). GO AFC North!!!

It's not happening though, so it doesn't matter :)

PalmerSteel
01-18-2009, 01:27 PM
If the ratbirds win, I will cheer for them in the Super Bowl (as much as that will turn my stomach). GO AFC North!!!

thats how i normally would be. i have always rooted for the afc team, but to lose in the chamionship game to our key rival would leave a different more bitter taste in my mouth i think.
i know it wont happen but just wondering! :tt03:

Galax Steeler
01-18-2009, 01:34 PM
I could not pull for them if we loose I will be pulling for either Arizona or the Eagles.

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 01:36 PM
Last year by far was the closest I've ever come to not watching a SB in 30+ years, but in restrospect, I'm glad I didn't pass on it. I don't foresee not watching it this year, regardless of the outcome today.

SteelTalons
01-18-2009, 01:45 PM
Normally I would root for the AFC team but in this case... Being the ratbirds... I would rather see the Eagles or Cardinals win it. Considering they have never won a Superbowl. But I wouldn't have an issue with the Ratbirds getting their second Superbowl.

T.Richardson
01-18-2009, 01:47 PM
Last year by far was the closest I've ever come to not watching a SB in 30+ years, but in restrospect, I'm glad I didn't pass on it. I don't foresee not watching it this year, regardless of the outcome today.
you didnt want to see the Pats choke?

millwalldavey
01-18-2009, 01:54 PM
I never wathc any games really unless the Steelers are involved.

Although, I'd actually pull for the Ratbirds if they played the Philly Crows.

Indo
01-18-2009, 01:56 PM
Can't vote for Ravens

no way
no how

would rather slit my own throat with a dull, rusty spoon

stillers4me
01-18-2009, 01:58 PM
I refuse to accept that their will be any other AFC team in Superbowl XLIII than Pittsburgh.

43=Polamalu
4+3=7 7= Roethlisberger
4-3=1 1= Tomlin's 1st Superbowl

It's our destiny.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-18-2009, 02:05 PM
I hate that everyone is picking the steelers. I feel better when we arent the favorite. Remember boys and girls, any given sunday any one can win. Plus the Steelers offense showed up for one game the whole season las t week. Could be a fluke.

This is how I cope with this sh*t . I take a very pessimistic attitude towards to the games so if they win its that much better.
Im usually the guy yelling at the team saying they could have done something better.

Come on Steelers!!!!

LETS F*CKING GO!! :tt::tt03::tt02::helmet::drink:

Crow-Magnon
01-18-2009, 02:16 PM

Same here, but opposite.

I'd rather see a AFCN team with the VL than the NFC.

God, the Cardinals looked friggin' awesome on that drive!

SteelCurtainII
01-18-2009, 02:18 PM
I would probably want the cardinals to win just because everyone has been counting them out every game. a lot of people aren't taking them serious.But we hopefully won't need to worry about this.

LETS GO STEELERS :tt02:

ben7
01-18-2009, 02:30 PM
I wont be at a party if the steelers win, like the last two years i have been at partys but just to have a good time watching a sporting event. Because if my teams playing i would be so passionate i would have no fun. So if the Steelers win, itll just be like me and 2 other die hard fans that are my good friends

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-18-2009, 02:33 PM
If feel like Coach W will make Ben look like a fool if they both went to Tampa

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Delete this thread please, terrible just terrible. The Steelers are going to win, make no mistake.

The Duke
01-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Nah, I'd still watch it

Last year I almost didn't. But by the 2nd quarter I couldn't hold myself, I had to see it

stlrz fan
01-18-2009, 02:39 PM
I would pull for the AFC but never never never the Ravens!!!

stlrz fan
01-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Delete this thread please, terrible just terrible. The Steelers are going to win, make no mistake.

This is so true. Welcome to the Coach Mike Tomlin era!!!!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

X-Terminator
01-18-2009, 02:44 PM
You know, they DO still have a game to play.

I don't understand why everyone is counting the Ravens out. Yeah, I think the Steelers are the better team and will win, but make no mistake - the Ravens will bring everything they've got and then some.

I hate it when people put the cart before the horse.

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 02:44 PM

Amen, can I get a witness from the PREACHER!!!!!

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 02:45 PM
You know, they DO still have a game to play.

I don't understand why everyone is counting the Ravens out. Yeah, I think the Steelers are the better team and will win, but make no mistake - the Ravens will bring everything they've got and then some.

I hate it when people put the cart before the horse.

Not counting them out, just have faith the Steelers will prevail.

alittlejazzbird
01-18-2009, 02:57 PM

Last year, since the Steelers bowed out early, I was ALL about watching the Pats go undefeated only to lose the only game that really counted. When I saw Tom Brady scoffing at the notion that Plaxico Burress predicted the Pats would "only" score 17 points, I couldn't wait to see that smirk wiped off his pretty face. Seldom have I enjoyed a non-Steelers Super Bowl win more.

On to the question at hand: if the Steelers lose tonight, specifically lose to the Ravens, I'm not even sure I'll be able to watch the Super Bowl. Of all the AFCC losses, there's no question the Ravens will hurt like nothing else. Ordinarily I'd watch the game and cheer for the AFC team, but I would never be able to do that for the Ravens. If the Steelers lose tonight, I will be canceling my plans to travel to Pittsburgh to watch the SB with friends, and I might go so far as to make other plans for that night so I don't even have to watch.

sacredgrooves
01-18-2009, 03:50 PM
On the outside chance we lose, I would root for the Cards. They have had such misery for their fans and of course, it would be nice to see a branch from the Steelers tree do well. If it turned out Eagles and Ravens, I probably would not even watch it. Losing to the Ravens tonite would be horrific mental anguish, but I believe we will get it done!

NV STEELERS 723
01-18-2009, 04:15 PM
I can't root for the ratbirds...I would go tee it up somewhere.

SteelCurtainII
01-27-2009, 08:52 PM

AMEN :tt: