PDA

View Full Version : Anyone play MLB The Show or MLB 2K series?

T.Richardson
01-18-2009, 02:38 PM
Honestly I play MLB 08 The Show more than Madden, but The show is like one of the best baseball games I have played, and I cant wait for MLB 09 The Show because of the new features, but I cant list them because there are too many characters.

pittsburghp8baller
01-18-2009, 02:59 PM
well, i have a 360 so im probably gonna get 2k9 but i loved the show back when i had PS2 i was reading on some of the new features, kind of made wished i had a PS3, sounds cool

GoFins11
01-18-2009, 09:52 PM
MLB The Show is the best baseball video game franchise. I cannot wait for 09. The 2k games have nothing on the show.

Crushzilla
01-19-2009, 12:18 AM
The Show is the best SPORTS video game franchise.

When I was in the dorms my roommate, the two guys across the hall, and I all had separate franchises.

I thought my poor PS3 was going to explode.

I haven't even looked up 09. New features, eh? :computer:

GoFins11
01-19-2009, 09:39 AM
The Show is the best SPORTS video game franchise.

When I was in the dorms my roommate, the two guys across the hall, and I all had separate franchises.

I thought my poor PS3 was going to explode.

I haven't even looked up 09. New features, eh? :computer:

They are adding mascots! Billy the Marlin FTW:thumbsup:

Here is a lest of features (http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/MLB_09_The_Show/Description)

Crushzilla
01-19-2009, 12:37 PM
They are adding mascots! Billy the Marlin FTW:thumbsup:

Here is a lest of features (http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/MLB_09_The_Show/Description)

Awesome link, Fins. Thank you.

The thing I love about The Show is the attention to detail.

While it is a game that has been historically glitchy at moments (I've hit my share of weak inside the park homers) it really is a fantastic experience all around.

I'm the kind of gamer that can get lost in the finance books and AA rosters for a good hour or two, so I love what they offer me.

Also, little things like customizing batter walk-up music makes the irrational customization Nazi in me squeal with delight.

T.Richardson
01-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Awesome link, Fins. Thank you.

The thing I love about The Show is the attention to detail.

While it is a game that has been historically glitchy at moments (I've hit my share of weak inside the park homers) it really is a fantastic experience all around.

I'm the kind of gamer that can get lost in the finance books and AA rosters for a good hour or two, so I love what they offer me.

Also, little things like customizing batter walk-up music makes the irrational customization Nazi in me squeal with delight.

ah yes the glitches! I just hope they dont happen to me in 09, I had a player on Road to the Show, and I hit a homerun, a double, a single, and all I needed was a triple for a cycle, and the pitcher threw a wild pitch and the ball kept rolling and rolling, and the computer kept running in place, and I was forced to restart the game, it pissed me off.

GoFins11
01-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Here is some more info with a great video

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/01/20/mlb-09-the-show-%E2%80%93-new-and-improved-ai/

TackleMeBen
01-21-2009, 10:20 AM
my son who is 6 loves the show. we created him on his psp and he hasnt stopped playing it. i now have a hard time getting him to do his homework b/c he wants to play that. i think i will pass on telling him about 09..lol

Crushzilla
01-22-2009, 02:34 PM
my son who is 6 loves the show. we created him on his psp and he hasnt stopped playing it. i now have a hard time getting him to do his homework b/c he wants to play that. i think i will pass on telling him about 09..lol

He's just practicing for when he does it for real and makes mommy a lot of $$$.

:noidea:

Did I just earn my little buddy a few extra playing hours?

pittsburghp8baller
03-07-2009, 10:55 PM
did any1 get MLB the Show 09 on PS3? im trying to get a league together and wanted to see who all else got it? i noticed there were some people that might get it.

my PSN is PeopleGonnaHate add me if you want to join or jus want to play, because you have to had played 10 games online to make a league and i have only 1 played (internet lag was so bad and i lost 2-0)

lilyoder6
03-07-2009, 11:40 PM
i just received my copy today... waiting for a friend to get his 10 games in so he can start a dynasty 4 a few of us

GoFins11
03-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, the lag online is pretty bad. I hope they fix it soon. Aside from the lag, playing another human is a lot of fun.

lilyoder6
03-08-2009, 10:47 AM
there has always been lag while playing a game online

GoFins11
03-08-2009, 10:56 AM
there has always been lag while playing a game online

Baseball or games in general?

lilyoder6
03-08-2009, 02:46 PM

well there is lag on evry game u play online but not as bad as baseball is when i play...

b/c of the pitch timing and what not.. it's very hard if u don't have perfect conection

pittsburghp8baller
03-08-2009, 06:02 PM

ive usually never played baseball games online but decided to give it a shot with the show, ive heard that most baseball games were laggy but i didnt think it would be that bad for me.

all the other sport games i play i dont usually get lag unless anybody im playing with has a horrible internet