PDA

View Full Version : I hope Cowher continues the same game plan....

Rush58
12-26-2005, 09:19 AM
I love the gameplan against the Browns. We pass, pass, and pass. Our passing game setup the some big runs and kept the Browns on their heels all day.

On a side note, ARE has been making some big 3rd down catches or is it just me? Have we been using him more in the slot lately? I haven't watched the last couple games, but listened to all of them by radio.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 09:26 AM
As long as we keep the " Back against the wall " attitude we will roll!

Rush58
12-26-2005, 09:33 AM

Whatever it is, we need to continue that mind set. Somehow that focus always seems to be with us on the road and not at home.

SteelProven
12-26-2005, 09:39 AM
the Steelers always play well as the "underdog" I have know clue why this is but it always seems to work. I think we can make a good push to make superbowl XL if we can sometimes open up the running game with the passing game. The Steelers win on the road becuz they take the crowd out by the 3rd quarter. Which turns away stadiums in to homefield advantage.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 02:16 PM
Just win baby, just win!

Koopa
12-26-2005, 02:38 PM
yeah, i too hope we keep this game plan, and sunday i hope we pass to hines all day so he can get his 1000 yards recieving and then let willie run a lot so he can build up on his 1000 yard season. and then pass a few times to heath, and by mid way through the thrid pull ben since we'll hopefully have a big lead and let batch throw to the guys for a quarter and a half

TasmanianTroy271
12-26-2005, 02:46 PM
Its seemed to me like Cedric has been getting alot of 3rd down catches. I dunno, might be just me...

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 02:58 PM

That is the Key..Steeler teams have been known for years, that when the media starts telling us we're great, after a while the players start to believe it and they dont play their best football. We're on the edge of the playoffs and getting in by sheer will and determination. That attitude of nobody thinks we can do it can help carry us alot.

StillerPaul
12-26-2005, 03:34 PM
Things appear to be falling into place for us more and more. Ben is getting healthier by the day, getting more and more into a rhythm passing the ball. Marvel is back from injury and solidifies Ben's blindside. Parker and Bettis are running downhill. They now know that they don't HAVE to carry the O. The D is pinning their ears back and playing like there's no tomorrow. We are gonna be a very dangerous team come playoff time IMO. It all hinges on Ben's development as a QB and Whisenhunt's ability to gameplan for teams IMO.

MichiSteeler
12-26-2005, 06:36 PM
The key to winning against the lions is our running game. We want the bus and willie each over 100 yards!

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2005, 09:04 PM

Don't forget the one game at a time attitude.

clevestinks
12-26-2006, 01:38 PM
This thread was exactly one year ago, wow how times change!

4xSBChamps
12-26-2006, 02:02 PM
This thread was exactly one year ago, wow how times change!
"IF", as expected, His Chinliness resigns, imagine what might be being said on 26 December 2007.....
:jawdrop:

Preacher
12-27-2006, 07:24 PM
"IF", as expected, His Chinliness resigns, imagine what might be being said on 26 December 2007.....
:jawdrop:

Project one year from now...

New Coach.. New Year... New run at the SB! First place in the AFC... again! This is where we belong!