PDA

View Full Version : LIMAS

7/39/43
01-18-2009, 07:28 PM
Go back to the OBGYN.YOU CAN"T CATCH

Sharkissle29
01-18-2009, 07:42 PM
just wait and see what he does 2nd half...

you heard it here first

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
I think St33lers and I are on the same page. Kid's block should show you he has a chip on his shoulder now

Preacher
01-18-2009, 07:44 PM
Give the kid a break. he is a ROOKIE

Dino 6 Rings
01-18-2009, 07:44 PM

But he can block...so...lets keep him for at least his 2nd season...

zsheik22
01-18-2009, 07:47 PM
He laid the BOOM!!! on Ivy, lol.

Cordlisberger
01-18-2009, 08:21 PM
Anyone Remeber Burres's first season.. he was a flop too.. I say we keep him 4 seasons and trade him before he shoots himself

Steeler in Carolina
01-18-2009, 09:30 PM
He had a big hit and he broke up an interception in the end zone.

Preacher
01-18-2009, 09:34 PM
He ALSO came back for a nice 1st down catch.

Hey, Washington was pretty bad for a while.

Give the guy a break.

jasonhightower
01-18-2009, 09:35 PM
I've been one of Sweed's worst critics and I think he needs a little more time too. He should really show some stuff though in his sophmore season or be delegated to special teams or something...

Steelcitygal87
01-18-2009, 09:36 PM
He is just a rookie..he needs time to develop. He also has GREAT WRs to help him along the way in Hines and Holmes. He can learn a lot from those 2. Be patient with him and see what happens. :tt03::tt03:

jjpro11
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
i liked how he bounced back.. he could have hung his head the whole game and screwed up more.. that big block really boosted his confidence.

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2009, 09:38 PM
He ALSO came back for a nice 1st down catch.

Hey, Washington was pretty bad for a while.

Give the guy a break.thats it.......nobodies even thinking about the fact that he's getting wide open !!! you guys bashing him now will be clung to his jock in a year or two.....just wait and see.....:chuckle:

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 09:38 PM
I think this dropping problem is just due to the pressure he's under (self inflicted). He didn't have the luxury other rookie WR's had of playing all year long - he has gotten 1-3 plays last game in the PLAYOFFS, and today he played a lot in a AFC championship game..... Those are HUGE pressure situations!

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
thats it.......nobodies even thinking about the fact that he's getting wide open !!! you guys bashing him now will be clung to his jock in a year or two.....just wait and see.....:chuckle:

Man I 100% agree. Once he gets a better feel for this game (which only comes with playtime in non super pressure situations) I think he'll be good

BlastFurnace
01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
This would be a 20 page thread if that drop cost us the game.

jasonhightower
01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
thats it.......nobodies even thinking about the fact that he's getting wide open !!! you guys bashing him now will be clung to his jock in a year or two.....just wait and see.....:chuckle:

I hope your right!

VegasStlrFan
01-18-2009, 09:51 PM
he got his Baptism today. I bet he has a big SB. Kids got talent, just a serious case of nerves. I'm very hard on him in my posts, but he'll be a player

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Its tough to play WR your first year.... I think he will do much better next year

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
I agree Limas can't catch for shit, but that 1st down at late in the 4th was clutch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
i don't know if some of you guys are to young to remember or what....but burress flat out sucked his rookie year, and wasn't nothin to brag about his second year......look at how far washington has come along from last year.....:noidea:

BlastFurnace
01-18-2009, 10:13 PM
i don't know if some of you guys are to young to remember or what....but burress flat out sucked his rookie year, and wasn't nothin to brag about his second year......look at how far washington has come along from last year.....:noidea:

Plax wasn't this bad. I think his season ended early due to injury.

It's in Sweed's head now.

Ricco Suavez
01-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Timmons was a bust last year if I remember correctly

PisnNapalm
01-18-2009, 10:17 PM
Limas can block though.... Holy crap he destroyed Ivy! That block was worthy of Hines Ward.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
I have a feeling most college or even high school WRs could make that catch.

Perfect pass, in the endzone, no one around him, drops it like an idiot! My heart sunk so bad after that play...

SteelCurtain7
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM

Lighten up, Francis. :rolleyes: Sweed redeemed himself. Spare us your petulance.

BigBen2WardPITT
01-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Lighten up, Francis. :rolleyes: Sweed redeemed himself. Spare us your petulance.

i mean, it was a pretty bad drop. But he redeemed himself pretty well with that hit and that one catch. At least he did something. Hopefully he will come of age next season. :tt03:

steelwall
01-18-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm all for giving the kid a chance, and every wide receiver drops a ball here and there, but I hate how he did the old 'fall down fake injury' move that cost us a time out. Get back up and run off the feild, shake it off.

tyler289
01-18-2009, 10:58 PM
Dropping you can work on. He obviously was nervous and took his eye off of it. It happens.

But he bounced back with a great block, a clutch 3rd down catch, and a wonderful play to break up an interception. He'll be fine, I think he has some key plays in the SB.

Preacher
01-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Limas can block though.... Holy crap he destroyed Ivy! That block was worthy of Hines Ward.

I was THOROUGHLY impressed by him and that hit. WOW.

goLERS
01-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Dropping you can work on. He obviously was nervous and took his eye off of it. It happens.

But he bounced back with a great block, a clutch 3rd down catch, and a wonderful play to break up an interception. He'll be fine, I think he has some key plays in the SB.

Amen brother. Limas is having trouble catching the ball right now but it's all mental. He can catch. He was a BEAST at texas. He had a HUGE 3rd down reception and that block...WOW. I hope that block helped him mentally because the crowd went frikkin nutz!:tt03:

silverbackattack
01-18-2009, 11:24 PM
I will gladly trade you 4 Willie Colon's and 2 Max Startks' for 1 Limas Sweed any day......

Rhee Rhee
01-19-2009, 01:13 AM
He'll be better in his second year. It looked like he should be on defense after that block and he broke up the interception. That missed TD catch broke my heart for a minute but bounced back when he showed some heart on that block.

i believe the steelers have enough faith in sweed to let washington go...

sweed will have a solid season next year once he has another training camp and some more experience... like many of u have said, the drops are all mental and will be fixed...

JPSEMP
01-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Everything I've read about Limas speaks highly of his character and work ethic, so working through his rookie season drops and becoming a productive player should be a doable thing.

Preacher
01-19-2009, 01:18 AM
He'll be better in his second year. It looked like he should be on defense after that block and he broke up the interception. That missed TD catch broke my heart for a minute but bounced back when he showed some heart on that block.

I wouldn't worry about him. He'll get a lot more looks and work, and will come into his own.

But I do think Him as a CB or FS is quite funny to think about :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2009, 01:19 AM
here's the video of the block.....

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80e352f2

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-19-2009, 01:43 AM
If he makes drops like that next season I will personally drive up to Pittsburgh and slap him on the back of the head...

And the "fake and injury and waste a timeout" was bullshit, I forgot about that!

SteelCurtain7
01-19-2009, 01:54 AM
I was THOROUGHLY impressed by him and that hit. WOW.

Amen, Preacher!!!!!!!! :tt: To quote the renowned Emmitt Smith, Corey Ivey got "blowed up!" :rofl:

SteelerFanInATL
01-19-2009, 03:30 AM
He had a nice catch in the 2nd half. THE HIT he made was like WOAH!!!!!!!

MJ5150
01-19-2009, 03:59 AM
I loved the guy since the day we picked him. Sure, I was ready to send him home after that sure TD drop. I was screaming at him.

But look at it this way, he is getting the experience we are going to need when Hines walks away. He played a big role tonight, and he will play in the SB as well. That is only going to help the kid down the road.

Coach left the kid in the game after the drops, so I'm cool with it too.

-Mike

Galax Steeler
01-19-2009, 04:14 AM
That looked like a Hines Ward hit I wonder if Hines has been teaching him a few things he has dropped a few this year but I think he will be fine he just needs more playing time.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2009, 04:22 AM
I loved the guy since the day we picked him. Sure, I was ready to send him home after that sure TD drop. I was screaming at him.

But look at it this way, he is getting the experience we are going to need when Hines walks away. He played a big role tonight, and he will play in the SB as well. That is only going to help the kid down the road.

Coach left the kid in the game after the drops, so I'm cool with it too.

-Mikedid they have a choice?

MJ5150
01-19-2009, 04:24 AM
did they have a choice?

True. I thought about that as I was posting my comment. Maybe Troy or Ike could have played WR tonight? Baltimore had a TE playing DE.

-Mike

Preacher
01-19-2009, 04:28 AM
That looked like a Hines Ward hit I wonder if Hines has been teaching him a few things he has dropped a few this year but I think he will be fine he just needs more playing time.

You know HInes took the kid aside after and said, "Son, now THAT is how you play football. Remember, keep your eyes ON THE BALL next time. . . but NICE HIT."

Lock Down
01-19-2009, 05:02 AM
I know it is easy to say after a win, but i feel for Sweed, i know he will be better off for this though, we have to learn from our mistakes & he might just get another chance on the biggest stage.

That was a damn nice hit though, Hines having a great influence!

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2009, 05:08 AM
True. I thought about that as I was posting my comment. Maybe Troy or Ike could have played WR tonight? Baltimore had a TE playing DE.

-Mike yeah....a TE that Practiced at DE..... you can't just go and stick a player at a position he's never practiced at.... this ain't sandlot football. they have a playbook.:laughing: i guess ben coulda drew up routes for troy to run in the mud with his finger.....:sofunny:

MJ5150
01-19-2009, 05:32 AM
yeah....a TE that Practiced at DE..... you can't just go and stick a player at a position he's never practiced at.... this ain't sandlot football. they have a playbook.:laughing: i guess ben coulda drew up routes for troy to run in the mud with his finger.....:sofunny:

Oh, I know. I was just having some fun with the comment.

-Mike

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 05:45 AM
Late the game he did have the catch over the middle for the first down. I've got faith the kid will get it and he'll be the"Go to" guy down the road - maybe he'll make amends for the dropped ball in the Super Bowl.

BigBrian7
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
The guy just needs to learn how to look the ball into his hands. He has no problem on curls and catches over the middle. Its the long balls that he has to much time to think about catching it. If you saw the replay they showed on sportscenter the ball was touching his hands and his head and eyes were still looking up instead of down at his hands and the ball. Just look it in Limas, I'm sure if he gets the chance in the superbowl he will come through, or i'll atleast keep believing until the ball hits the ground.

86WARD
01-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Limas is young...I want to see him get more reps in 2009. Not the Super Bowl...if he has to see the field in two weeks, the Steelers have a problem...mainly Hines isn't playing.

Rick5895
01-20-2009, 08:33 PM
I predict limas will make a big play in the Super Bowl. He will be a stud in the future, he's a rookie and there are experts that say learning the WR spot in the pros is the most difficult next to QB.
Limas will do great things next season and will catch a TD in the Super Bowl!!

scsteeler
01-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Limas will be a much better receiver next year, He is a rookie and all rookies don't come in prepared to handle the pressure of making the big plays in games. He will be fine.

I dare say that he might make a few big plays in the Superbowl if Hines is not 100%

markymarc
01-21-2009, 05:55 AM
Limas and Randy Fichtner need to work very closely with one another in the off season. I give Sweed a pass this season just because he is still a rookie and does not get a lot of playing time. More reps and game time experience can only help him. I also believe he will make a couple plays in the Super Bowl for us.

lilyoder6
01-21-2009, 01:21 PM
usually the first offseason for the rookies is when they are trying to get there deals done, they are trying to get done with school and the finals they have to take... i think there is not much time in the 1st offseason to get used 2 shit... look how well the 2nd off-season did for timmons,woodly,gay,spaeth...

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 01:31 PM
The thing that makes me happy is that he seems to understand coverage, run routes, make adjustments and block well for a rookie.

Hines will really help him out on the mental game and hands game this offseason.

I feel he looked up at the scoreboard to see if anyone was behind him.

'burgh
01-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I imagine he'll be better next year. But how did he go so high in the draft if he can't catch, and when he does, can't hold on to the ball.

'burgh

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 01:49 PM
^^^ I was checking out the draft for last year. Donnie Avery and Dexter Jackson was really the only first 3 round receivers left. And we wont draft WR that cant block.

I was thinking if we went WR first Round and could have taken Keven Smith in the 2nd. But it wouldnt have really opened anything else up.

Think how good the steelers have done with drafts thought. So many teams just waste pics away. We arent a team that does big free agent signings, we build from the ground up. Something chuck knoll really instilled in the city. Not real sure about Bruce Davis in the 3rd round. Everyone says linemen. But there wasnt a whole lot left.