PDA

View Full Version : Have faith in Sweed....

Sharkissle29
01-18-2009, 08:35 PM
All it takes is one big catch, you guys just wait and see...he is lacking confidence that he will soon get

plenewken
01-18-2009, 08:42 PM
When? In 2011? <sigh>

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Agreed. The kid obviously has something that needs to be worked on and there is no way the steelers can work on it with him unless some bad catches happen. He's now going to play with a chip on his shoulder as you can see by his Ward like block. Keep you faith and don't always get so frustrated steeler nation. I see these negative threads all to often only to see the players come back and make you eat your words!

JanBr7
01-18-2009, 09:23 PM
Felt good about the block. Hope he gets some redemption with an important catch. It would go a long way for his confidence.

Gooch
01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Well it's a good sign that he is getting open...hopefully soon he will start coming down with it.

BlastFurnace
01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
When we drafted him, I was estatic.

Now when I see the ball go his way....I think Drop.

It's in his head. He's a good receiver...but I will say this...he's lucky he was a 2nd Rounder.

Steelman16
01-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Well, he made that one catch. He even put out his arms to make it.

There's good stuff in the kid. He just hasn't rounded the curve yet.

cubanstogie
01-18-2009, 10:30 PM
I won't give up on him yet like Willie Reid, but that would have put the game away.

Phade
01-18-2009, 10:35 PM
dude has no swagger what so ever.. you can see it in his eyes..

jasonhightower
01-18-2009, 10:41 PM
Well, he made that one catch. He even put out his arms to make it.

I think I said this same thing at my son's Junior League tryouts... but I actually agree. he needs one or two more seasons, but he needs to get some confidence back. He actually played the second half like he was just playing and not thinking... a good sign, but we will see. With the success we've had in the draft there are high expectations for our 2nd rounders.

devilsdancefloor
01-18-2009, 10:44 PM
I WAS YELLING AT TEH tv SWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD! when he dropped the ball!!!but then he came back with a hell of a block!!! he wil be ok just needs a bit of confidence is all!!:tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

Phade
01-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Take a hike.

why?

Phade
01-18-2009, 10:47 PM
And of course you know me in real life :flap:. You can piss at him in a couple years. Just give him time.

lols i was just being ridiculous.. anyhow he has no confidence and its beyond evident..

Steely McSmash
01-18-2009, 11:00 PM
He has a good chance of being a good receiver. Usually 3rd season is the breakout season for WR.

Nice to see that block. Kind of a get well message to Hines on the sideline

DP_Steeler
01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Tought to build his confidence though in these big games ... today's catch for a TD would have done wonders for him. We need Ward back asap for the Super Bowl. Sweed will likely have to wait until next year ... then again he may still pull off a catch or two in the big game!

Steelerfreak58
01-18-2009, 11:03 PM
The kids dropped a big play ball but laied a hell of a block and save 3 points by defending a really bad pass by Big Ben to him. He is a rookie and has a ton of time to develop.

Not to mention if Ward is hurt more then we think we may really need him to step up big time in the SB.

Give him time.

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 11:06 PM
I can forgive him after that last catch for a 1st down but really he needs to learn how to squeeze the ball. I hope Hines is healthy for the Super Bowl.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-18-2009, 11:11 PM
I really don't know what to think about this kid. The block was great, but that was an easy TD and a perfect pass... When Ben hits someone perfectly in stride in the endzone for an easy TD, they drop it. I just can't stand it!

d2609j
01-18-2009, 11:11 PM
How much money did Nate Washington make on the Two Td drops by Sweed in the last two weeks??

BehindSteelCurtain
01-18-2009, 11:16 PM
He got a ton of playing time today. So hopefully he sees things differently now.

LetsRock
01-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Well it's a good sign that he is getting open...hopefully soon he will start coming down with it.

The Sweed is getting open because he is not a threat down field "YET".

KeiselPower99
01-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Limas will be fine I think he is still a deer in the headlights at times.

Polamalu43
01-18-2009, 11:54 PM
When? In 2011? <sigh>

LMFAO... ill give him about 2 more years..

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-19-2009, 12:00 AM
You have to realize that this is truely Sweeds first game playing as a starter. Pretty tough for a kid to start his first game against the the number 2 defense who is our bitter rival and the winner of the game goes to the superbowl! He will be fine, he wasnt prepared to play but im glad he got in, not happy about the non catch, but he will get better I have faith.

If you think about it, we just witness what the team will look like in 3 years with out hines. Speaking ofwhich I hope he is OK!:tt03:

GodofGridiron
01-19-2009, 12:05 AM
The Sweed is getting open because he is not a threat down field "YET".

But he's got size and he can get seperation with his stride. Its good that Ben kept goin to him to show him hes got confidence in him. That does a lot for a young kid when hes down. Perhaps Limas needs some comeback patterns since he's been strugglin catching anything thrown over his shoulder. Two straight catches will do wonders for his confidence and a TD in the big game will really settle him down.

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 12:11 AM
I'll forgive him for the drop (this time) only because of the block he made.

But moving forward, he's got to catch the damn ball. Maybe those gloves are messing him up. Just catch the ball Sweed, just catch the ball

X-Terminator
01-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Yes, Limas needs to hold on to the ball. But it sure looks like he's getting the "Troy Polamalu and Lawrence Timmons" treatment. If he isn't an all-pro in his first year, he's a bust. Both Troy and Timmons had to endure that from the fans, and now you can't get their collective lips off their sacks with KY and a crowbar.

Give him time.

CargoJon
01-19-2009, 12:17 AM
I was mad at the fans in the stadium for booing him when he dropped it. Willie dropped a sure TD pass too in the 1st qtr. I think he'll come around.

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 12:18 AM
I don't think it has to do with his gloves - but his concentration. You can see in slow motion he takes his eyes off the ball - he's got to keep his head clear and just focus on one thing. CATCHING it. Keep your eyes on the ball! He'll be fine - I expect him to get coached on that quite a bit these couple weeks

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Yes, Limas needs to hold on to the ball. But it sure looks like he's getting the "Troy Polamalu and Lawrence Timmons" treatment. If he isn't an all-pro in his first year, he's a bust. Both Troy and Timmons had to endure that from the fans, and now you can't get their collective lips off their sacks with KY and a crowbar.

Give him time.
thats what i'm sayin..... the guy still has the same talent he had in texas, i think he's just not found that comfort zone yet....as soon as he gets that first big play nailed down, his confidence will soar, then look the hell out !!! i think he's gonna be our next big star.

markymarc
01-19-2009, 07:40 AM
Yes I was upset to see him drop a TD, but let's not forget he is still a rookie. Also he showed up big time, making 2 catches, a big time block and of course making sure the Ravens defender could not catch the interception. One day it will click for him and that will be great to see. He has talent and will be a very good one.

CPanther95
01-19-2009, 07:53 AM
If he can avoid checking out how good he looks up on the big screen, at least until after he secures the catch, he's got potential.