PDA

View Full Version : Hard to throw with the team on your back

JanBr7
01-18-2009, 09:31 PM
So, who guessed that through three quarters Ben would throw for over 230 yards?

It is hard to make those throws with the whole team on your back. I am not being critical, but lets face it. The defense is playing a stellar game, but there are no real plays being made on the offense unless Ben makes them....to Heath, 'Ton, Nate, whoever.

Do the doubters still want Byron to take over for him?

Ricco Suavez
01-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Ben was the offense this game. Hopefully we can finish these Ravens and add some new wrinkles in time for the Cardinals. I just do not know if we can ask this defense to shut down a high powered offense like theirs.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-18-2009, 11:21 PM
I truly didn't expect much of an offense against the 2nd ranked defense, I think we will light it up against the Cards!

BehindSteelCurtain
01-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Ben was the offense this game. Hopefully we can finish these Ravens and add some new wrinkles in time for the Cardinals. I just do not know if we can ask this defense to shut down a high powered offense like theirs.

The Chargers Offense is just as good or if not better and look what we did to them. Steelers have #1 D. The D is going to do their thing.

CanadianSteel
01-18-2009, 11:33 PM
Ben was Superman tonight and if Sweed catches that ball he easily over 300 yards and 2 TD's against a very very good defence with no runningngame to speak of...

Believe43
01-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Numbers could have been a lot better if they had been not so set on trying to establish the run. I love Willie Parker but if it's not working, its not working. Take what you can get in the passing game, maybe it would have made the run a little more easier later on in the game, just don't keep going at it when your getting 2 yards a carry and keep putting yourself in 3rd and long.