PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Steelers from a Ravens fan.

4G63
01-18-2009, 09:33 PM
:hatsoff:

I said I'd come back and give you guys congratulations if you won and you guys were the better team tonight. This was a football game for MEN and some guys got hurt tonight. Hopefully everyone hurt on both teams end up OK. Congratulations on winning the AFC and getting to the Super Bowl.

I look forward to seeing you guys next year and we'll have our usual battles!!

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for coming back and making the post. I hope everyone will come out safetly, but this was a brutal AFC North game, we showed the NFL how its meant to be played. Now it's time to show the Cards what Whisenhunt will be telling them about - NFL football is about what was shown tonight not their high power offense.

See you next year 4G63

Preacher
01-18-2009, 09:36 PM

I said I'd come back and give you guys congratulations if you won and you guys were the better team tonight. This was a football game for MEN and some guys got hurt tonight. Hopefully everyone hurt on both teams end up OK. Congratulations on winning the AFC and getting to the Super Bowl.

Welcome back... thank you.

Let''s hope McGahee (sp) is going to be ok.

HometownGal
01-18-2009, 09:36 PM
Awwww, thanks hon. :drink: Rats gave us quite a scare in the 2nd half but we prevailed and I'm so proud of our guys! I sure hope McGahee is OK - if he's going to Presby, they'll take very good care of him!

See ya next season! :hug:

ben7
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Superbowl, this is better than 05' to be honest

CaliStillersFan
01-18-2009, 09:38 PM
We're going to the Super Bowl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03::tt03::tt03:
:tt02::tt02::tt02:

Phade
01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
What class. But to be honest, i dont blame any ravens fan who's pissing at the steelers right now because of the hit on Willis Mcgahee. I for one think that wasnt a clean hit, but yeah, at the speed Mcgahee and Ryan Clark were moving at, it was practically unavoidable. Best wishes to the kid! Mcgahee was one of the brightspots on the ravens offense. Best wishes to him, and yes, that was a GREAT football game.

what are you talking about that was an amazing hit..

CPanther95
01-18-2009, 09:39 PM
The hit was clean. They both dipped/turned their heads and they ended up head on.

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Props on coming back. Flacco is gonna be a problem for us for the next 15 years or so, I'm afraid. :cheers:

i82much
01-18-2009, 09:40 PM
This Ravens fan gives mad props to the Steelers fans in the stadium Quiet when they had to be, and numerous words of encouragement for Willis on his way to the tunnel.

For a while there I remembered that players are real live human beings and football is a game.

P@yne
01-18-2009, 09:41 PM
That hit was clean. Sucks he got hurt but it was a clean shot.

SteelerFanInATL
01-18-2009, 09:42 PM
BIG UPS to 3G63. What class to come here a congratulate The Steeler Nation. It was truely a Great Game.:thumbsup::thmbup::drink:

4G63
01-18-2009, 09:45 PM
That hit was clean. Sucks he got hurt but it was a clean shot.

It looked clean to me....Clark didn't lead with his head but rather they both kinda hit each other equally, with Willis getting the worse of it. He'll be alright though.

jasonhightower
01-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Mad props 4G... The Ravens aren't going anywhere and as much as I hate to say it, will be a problem for us for quite some time.

BlastFurnace
01-18-2009, 09:47 PM
I just hope Rex Ryan disappears from your sideline.

I am sick and tired of that guy's defense.

ImAuthenticFTW
01-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Congrats guys, and yes i am another Ravens fan, i personally have no problem with the steelers fan i know and acutally like the rivalry(sp?) there are a select few i dispise though, a guy on another forums i am on stated, and i quote

i hope you guys like that hit by clark!!!!! i laughed when i saw mcgahee went down!

so to any other fan that shows respect to a human life congrats, but to fans such as the one above ( which i know most of you guys are not like him) i have nothing to say to you

Phade
01-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Congrats guys, and yes i am another Ravens fan, i personally have no problem with the steelers fan i know and acutally like the rivalry(sp?) there are a select few i dispise though, a guy on another forums i am on stated, and i quote

so to any other fan that shows respect to a human life congrats, but to fans such as the one above ( which i know most of you guys are not like him) i have nothing to say to you

yep only steelers fans are like that

ImAuthenticFTW
01-18-2009, 10:00 PM

hey now i never said it was only Steelers fans, theres a bad binch in every group. but anyway like i said before congrats on one hell of a game tonight guys

bigbensbabymama
01-18-2009, 10:02 PM

:blah:

To the OP, thanks for the congrats! See ya next year!

beSteelmyheart
01-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks to all of the Ravens fans dropping by.:drink:I'm glad that Willis is ok, it's always scary to see a player laid out like that, no matter who's team he's on. We're looking forward to more good battles next year, you guys have a good thing going with your new coach & QB!

Steely McSmash
01-18-2009, 10:07 PM
Props on coming back. Flacco is gonna be a problem for us for the next 15 years or so, I'm afraid. :cheers:

Agreed, that kid is going to be great.

ImAuthenticFTW
01-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Thanks to all of the Ravens fans dropping by.:drink:I'm glad that Willis is ok, it's always scary to see a player laid out like that, no matter who's team he's on. We're looking forward to more good battles next year, you guys have a good thing going with your new coach & QB!

thanks man, there still isnt any news on McGahee except that he is awake, talking, and has movement, still dont know how serious his neck injury is.

westcoastransplant
01-18-2009, 10:10 PM

Thanks to you and 63, both of you are a credit to Ravens fans.:drink:

That had to be one of the most violent collision I've seen. Both were heading at eachother 100 MPH. The hit wa slegit since Clark led with his shoulder. MMcGahee's head just snapped back. I'm praying that he's not hurt too seriously.

On a positive note, Flacco will learn from this, and I think he will take you far next season.

Cheers!:drink:

devilsdancefloor
01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
thanks for comming back shows you have real class!!!

DJ919
01-18-2009, 10:17 PM
The Ravens are ALWAYS a problem, and will be for some time to come. Flacco is more than likely the next GREAT QB. So poised and calm. Hats off to the Ravens. This Rivalry will be noted as the BEST in the NFL for years to come...What a team Baltimore has!...Ravens/Ravens Fans, Congrats to you for your VERY successful season and managing to be a thorn in our side for the entire season!...Hats off to ya.

Now that all the mushy stuff it out of the way...LETS EYE RING NUMBER 6 STEELERS!!! The Cards are the next fighting birds we have to face.

Jaquila
01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Thank you it was a game that showed Goodell and the rest of NFL that this is football when its best.

About Gahee: first I was like " OH YEAH!!! " but then I saw Mcgahee on the ground and I got silent and feared that it was a lot more serious than just an concussion and tbh, it was close to ruin the rest of the game for me.
Clean hit though and that is how its supposed to be played HIT EACH OTHER HARD!! but show respect if a guy gets serious hurt like Mcgahee got.

ImAuthenticFTW
01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
yea guys good luck in the superbowl, as much as i hate to cheer for you guys i gotta cheer for the AFC lol

SteelersMongol
01-18-2009, 10:50 PM
So are you gonna root for us in the SB?

KeiselPower99
01-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Tough physical game reminded me of the old sandlot days. Raven fans be happy yall finally have a qb.

Preacher
01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Gotta admit...

All this game did was pour gas on the rivalry fire.

It is going to be brutal in the coming years.

ImAuthenticFTW
01-18-2009, 11:02 PM
I just hope Rex Ryan disappears from your sideline.

I am sick and tired of that guy's defense.

looks like Rex is gonna end up going to the Jets for the head coach spot

nope, ill never admit to cheering for the Steelers:coffee: but i will cheer for the AFC lol

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 11:17 PM
I think it's a huge loss for Ravens - and a huge Gain for us :)

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 11:55 PM
Let's go AFC, what a great game. 9 pts though covers the spread, gotta love it!!!

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 12:01 AM

thanks man!!! great game tonight.

Preacher
01-19-2009, 12:08 AM
This really was a back-breaker for Ravens. Flacco is going to be a TOUGH QB in the future, but I wonder if this season and this game is in the back of their heads every time we meet them in an important game from now on.

Galax Steeler
01-19-2009, 04:28 AM
Great game it was everything I thought it was going to be hard hitting all over the field.

Lock Down
01-19-2009, 04:36 AM
Credit to the Ravens for a very good season, definitely gave me a scare when the game was 16-14.

I am sure Flacco & the team will come back better & there will be plenty of great Steeler - Raven games in the future.

I along with the other Steeler fans hope Willis is not badly hurt.

4G63
01-19-2009, 10:26 AM
This really was a back-breaker for Ravens. Flacco is going to be a TOUGH QB in the future, but I wonder if this season and this game is in the back of their heads every time we meet them in an important game from now on.

I don't think so....Flacco has a short memory. This team will rebound and we'll get healthy for next year. It didn't effect you guys after the '06 season when we had your number. I can't wait until next years games...........they'll be the 'double chinstrap' games they always are!!!

4G63
01-19-2009, 10:29 AM

Honestly, I ALWAYS root for the underdog, unless its the Ravens. I'd like to see you win just to say we lost to the SB Champs, just like in '06 with the Colts. I honestly can't wait to see your D vs. their O and how you guys can adjust to the best WR in the game......it should be a great game!!

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 10:30 AM
I don't think so....Flacco has a short memory. This team will rebound and we'll get healthy for next year. It didn't effect you guys after the '06 season when we had your number. I can't wait until next years matchups...........they'll be the 'double chinstrap' games they always are!!!

I agree - the 3 INTs Ben threw and the loss as a rookie in the '04 AFCCG had no effect on his play throughout the '05 postseason (his performance in SB XL notwithstanding). Last night is gonna help Flacco and the rest of the team in the future, not hurt them. Hell of a job just getting as far as they did considering they did it with a rookie HC and a rookie QB. :drink:

Stlrs4Life
01-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Thanks, and best wishes to a speedy recovery by Willis.

tony hipchest
01-19-2009, 10:40 AM
congrats to the ravenfans who have joined this board.

talking football seemed to be the main priority and you guys treated us and the steelers with a great amount of respect.

:cheers:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-19-2009, 10:43 AM

Flacco.....the guy is pissing me off..... He is the only Ravens player that I can not help but to like.........(We all know how the Ravens fan feel have such a great rookie qb)..
Go Flacco

4G63
01-19-2009, 10:50 AM
congrats to the ravenfans who have joined this board.

talking football seemed to be the main priority and you guys treated us and the steelers with a great amount of respect.

:cheers:

http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum/images/smilies/respekt.gif

Being a respectful human is the way I live my life. Of course, that being said, I want the Ravens to destroy the Stoolers every time they play......I wouldn't be a true fan if I didn't!! :wink02:

As an aside: A guy on my Ravens site said he was treated great by the Steeler fans at Heinz last night (other than a few comments). I think we ALL like seeing good football and these teams usually bring it gameday. Being an opposing fan in enemy territory can be hazardous to your health, but if you don't act like a douche everything should be OK.....

SteelCityMan786
01-19-2009, 11:22 AM

Thanks. Congrats to you guys on a great year. Games like last night remind me of why our rivalry in my opinion is the greatest in the National Football League.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Great game Ravens fans, hope NOT to see you again here next year!

hindes204
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
great game...see you next year

MaidenIndiana
01-19-2009, 11:42 AM
I give the Ravens props for a good season. Flacco is going to be a thorn in our side for years to come. However at this moment beating the Ravens for the right to play in the Super Bowl feels real sweet. C'ya guys next year.:tt:

Milkman
01-19-2009, 11:46 AM
See you next season!
:tt:

ImAuthenticFTW
01-19-2009, 06:51 PM
hey guys, thought i'd give an update on the condition of Willis McGahee, he has been released and his home and has relaesed a statement

"I blacked out. I woke up when they were taking my facemask off," McGahee said. "I opened my eyes and I was talking. The next thing I knew I woke up in some room and they were taking me to the ambulance."

McGahee said he has a concussion and his neck is extremely sore. But he said he would be ready to go next season.

He hadn't watched the replay of the hit by late Monday afternoon, but his memory of the aftermath was vivid.

"I felt like I was OK when I was on the ground, regained consciousness and starting moving," he said. "But then they told me not to move, so I started to get a little worried. After we got inside they took X-rays and told me everything was OK."

source:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3844665

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 06:54 PM
hey guys, thought i'd give an update on the condition of Willis McGahee, he has been released and his home and has relaesed a statement

"I blacked out. I woke up when they were taking my facemask off," McGahee said. "I opened my eyes and I was talking. The next thing I knew I woke up in some room and they were taking me to the ambulance."

McGahee said he has a concussion and his neck is extremely sore. But he said he would be ready to go next season.

He hadn't watched the replay of the hit by late Monday afternoon, but his memory of the aftermath was vivid.

"I felt like I was OK when I was on the ground, regained consciousness and starting moving," he said. "But then they told me not to move, so I started to get a little worried. After we got inside they took X-rays and told me everything was OK."

source:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3844665

Thank God for that! :thumbsup: Thanks for the update! :drink:

shevdog
01-19-2009, 07:23 PM

Thanks! I know it is a fairy tale, but I saw class last night with all the Ravens fans I encountered at Heinz Field. I felt sick every time I saw purple there, but even so I saw some class for once. Kudos! I doubt I will see such class at M&T when I visit there next season. LOL!

Yes, it was one of the most physical games I ever witnessed and the best football game I ever been to! Ravens didn't disappoint and it was close until the very end, where Troy finally broke the game open.

1 bird down, 1 to go!

rabidsteelerfan
01-19-2009, 07:41 PM
To the OP, thanks! But I got to say, practically everyone on here is talking about the McGahee hit, which was bad, BUT maybe it's just me, that Sweed hit on Ivy was one of the most violent hits I can remember seeing. To me the McGahee hit was perfectly legal and the Sweed hit was maybe a little cheap. I know it was perfectly legal too, but to me it looked far worse than the other hit.