01-18-2009, 09:54 PM
We need our MVP back for the big game!!

:tt02:

Carolina Steelers
01-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Im hoping the same thing at least hes got 2 weeks to heal up

Jaquila
01-18-2009, 09:55 PM
yea I think he will be okay though since he did play a play or 2. Or thats what I hope!!

GodofGridiron
01-18-2009, 09:59 PM
I hear that Hines has no ACL so if thats the case then we wont have to fear that injury.

We need him because he brings an element of toughness to this offense and defenses always have to account for him else they get the snot knocked out of em.

Edman
01-18-2009, 10:00 PM
He's got two weeks to heal. He'll be fine.

T&B fan
01-18-2009, 10:02 PM
Hines will play even if one legs bad .. :tt03:

brick
01-18-2009, 10:10 PM
we need hines bigtime, i really hope he and clark take the next couple weeks to heal up and get fresh for the big one. not sure what clark's situation is but he was definitely shaken up after the hit, but he did walk off the field and was talking on the bench so hopefully he'll be alright.

also all the best wishes to mcgahee, that was a nasty hit and i hope he's ok.

DP_Steeler
01-18-2009, 10:12 PM
I hear that Hines has no ACL so if thats the case then we wont have to fear that injury.

We need him because he brings an element of toughness to this offense and defenses always have to account for him else they get the snot knocked out of em.

No ACL? Don't think so ... I've had 5 knee surgeries and one of them was a torn ACL ... without it you cannot pivot or make sudden stops or jump or anything ... he may not have any meniscus from previous injuries, but if he has no ACL, he would not be able to do the things he does. Just the same, I suspect he has a minor tear to the MCL (sprain) ... judging by the rotation of his knee it looks like that is what happened. Of course they will be pretty tight-lipped about it, but since he did return, I would suspect the two weeks will be enough to mend.

Potsie
01-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I think that since he was out there for 2 or 3 plays, he should be well enough to play after two weeks.

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2009, 10:16 PM
No ACL? Don't think so ... I've had 5 knee surgeries and one of them was a torn ACL ... without it you cannot pivot or make sudden stops or jump or anything ... he may not have any meniscus from previous injuries, but if he has no ACL, he would not be able to do the things he does. Just the same, I suspect he has a minor tear to the MCL (sprain) ... judging by the rotation of his knee it looks like that is what happened. Of course they will be pretty tight-lipped about it, but since he did return, I would suspect the two weeks will be enough to mend.
When he came out of college it was discovered that Ward was missing an ACL in his left knee, which he lost during a bicycle accident during childhood.[1][2] This may well have affected his position in the NFL draft. He received his bachelor's degree in consumer economics from UGA, where he became a member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hines_Ward
guess you don't know as much as you think you do Doc....:coffee:

PisnNapalm
01-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Too bad it was his right leg/knee that was injured. I hope he's gonna be ok. He's such a leader on the field.

Fordy
01-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I felt devastated when he got hurt, even tho I still was confident we were gonna win I still felt awful with Hines being off the field and questionable for the super bowl. This guy is irreplaceable physically and mentally. I dont think i will be able to deal well with the fact that he wont be a steeler forever.

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 11:13 PM
How bad is the knee, anyway? I hope not bad enough to keep him out of action in two weeks. :hope:

Polamalu43
01-18-2009, 11:14 PM
We need our MVP back for the big game!!

:tt02:

WARD, is gonna be OK for the sb!!

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-18-2009, 11:21 PM

Absolutely true Ward has no ACL in I think it's his left knee. They interviewed him a couple years on the Pittsburgh sports station and he didn't even know it until he went to the combine and the doctors told him "son you got no ACL"

http://www.mcrh.org/ACL/539.htm

Ward has a MRI tomorrow stay tuned.

Steelman16
01-18-2009, 11:22 PM
How bad is the knee, anyway? I hope not bad enough to keep him out of action in two weeks. :hope:

The way it twisted it looked bad - but he did come back out for a series. I just hope those snaps after the injury didn't further aggravate it.

Ward is tough though, I think he'll be back for the Super Bowl.

Fire Haley
01-18-2009, 11:34 PM
I just saw him being interviewed by El - Hines said it was just a minor knee strain - he'll be ready.

redst3
01-19-2009, 05:02 AM
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&ned=us&q=hines+ward&ie=UTF-8&scoring=n&sa=N&start=10

There's nothing in the Papers yet. You can click on the above link for simple news searches through out the day.