PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals WR's

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I know we should savor this victory, but they have an amazing group of WR's and a veteran QB. I think this should be a great game for us and some good match ups... What are the Cards official forums btw?

Mikee
01-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I was just thinking that. Fitz had a fantastic game today. He scares me :)

jasonhightower
01-18-2009, 10:14 PM
I know we should savor this victory, but they have an amazing group of WR's and a veteran QB. I think this should be a great game for us and some good match ups... What are the Cards official forums btw?

I have to admit I am a little worried about these guys. Fitzgerald is a beast and if we don't get a good pass rush, it could get ugly. But I know our professor Lebeau will have us ready to go!!

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 10:16 PM
The main thing I worry about is when our secondary gets lazy and plays soft. I think we will have to keep the pressure up on these guys in this game - give them too much space and they can make us pay.

drizze99
01-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Fitz is scary! He'll even beat double coverage with his acrobatic abilities.

I hope LeBeau comes up with a brilliant plan for him...

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 10:19 PM
The Cards are one team I don't want to get into a shootout with. Jam their WRs at the line and don't let Warner frigging breathe!

X-Terminator
01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
The Cards are one team I don't want to get into a shootout with. Jam their WRs at the line and don't let Warner frigging breathe!

That's probably what they're going to do - take away Fitz and Boldin the way they used to take away Ocho Sucko and Douchemandzadeh. Because if the Cards are forced to try to run the ball, they're going to get owned. Of course, the best defense against an offense like the Cards is to keep them on the sideline, and that means the Steelers must be able to run the football and control the clock.

Hapa
01-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Ike will shut down Fitz

Cordlisberger
01-18-2009, 10:27 PM
I am currently living in Iowa actually Cedar Rapids the home town of Kurt I shop at the grocery store he worked at... I guess my point is the Cardinals bandwagon is loading up here and I say lets knock the wheels off that thing in 2 weeks lets go get number Six

GodofGridiron
01-18-2009, 10:34 PM
The Cardinals love to run that lil rub play ..its almost like a pick.......to get Fitzgerald open in space to make catches and YAC. This is a staple of their pass offense and it does allow Warner to gain angles/lanes for quick passes.

Its imperative....and youll hear this often the next couple weeks.......but its imperative we disrupt Kurts rythmn. Force him to make split second decisions and we have to make him move in the pocket and not let him target and set his feet. When Warner is flushed or throws off his back foot bad things can happen against the Cards favor.

Philly made some great adjustments the second half against this offense (held them to a single score the entire half) so we do have some material to go on with what we know works.

4G63
01-18-2009, 10:40 PM
I'm thinking you guys will have your hands full with Fitz and Boldin but as others have said, keep 'em on the sideline and that should win you the game....

FlaccoMason85
01-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Warner, the grizzled old vet, will give you guys FITS with FITZ and Boldin. Pah, good luck, you'll need it. Arizona could turn this game into a shootout very easily, a type of game the Squeelers cannot handle...

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Warner, the grizzled old vet, will give you guys FITS with FITZ and Boldin. Pah, good luck, you'll need it. Arizona could turn this game into a shootout very easily, a type of game the Squeelers cannot handle...

Sour grapes, anyone? :coffee:

Steelman16
01-18-2009, 10:43 PM

Still talkin' smack, eh? :coffee:

Steeldude
01-18-2009, 10:44 PM
taylor needs to learn how to turn around and play the ball. i would think by now he would know this common DB skill.

Kid Charlemagne
01-18-2009, 10:48 PM
Ike will shut down Fitz

Haha.
Ike is a great player and an acceptable corner but he will in no way shut down Larry Fitz'.
That cat is in his element right now .
Our longball coverage has been kickass the past few games.
Focus on Tim and James, and be sure to have somebody, perferably 2 or 3 players, over top of Fitz when he gets the ball ready to make a tackle.

Cordlisberger
01-18-2009, 10:48 PM

Wow than just imagine what they would have done to the Rats then cause they have proven how much heart they have

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2009, 10:50 PM
Warner, the grizzled old vet, will give you guys FITS with FITZ and Boldin. Pah, good luck, you'll need it. Arizona could turn this game into a shootout very easily, a type of game the Squeelers cannot handle... who's squeelin now punk 3 > 0..... see ya next year LOSER.....:toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
01-18-2009, 10:56 PM
I'm thinking you guys will have your hands full with Fitz and Boldin but as others have said, keep 'em on the sideline and that should win you the game.... Arizona's 8 loses pretty much tells me thier very beatable. they've played great the last 2 games, but they've been a model of inconsistency all year....the steelers always focus on making a team 1 dimensional, by taking away the run, then dialing up the blitz.... they don't have to take away arizona's run game...it's already pretty much non existant.

X-Terminator
01-18-2009, 11:05 PM

You know, you really, really just need to...

http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/5529/0/STFU_and_GTFO.ashx

Your team got smacked in the mouth again, and were sent home with their tails between their legs.

You have absolutely NO ROOM to talk smack. Ass.

Polamalu43
01-18-2009, 11:06 PM

We should only worry about Fitz, that's it period!!!

GodofGridiron
01-18-2009, 11:19 PM
This defense will be the most talented and athletic group AZ has faced all year. Jim Johnson is almost on par with LeBeau, but Johnson just doesnt have the personnel that can win defensive matchups. Our LB's are far superior in speed and coverage over Philly's. And now Offenses HAVE to gameplan for TP, Silverback, Hampton and Woodley.