PDA

View Full Version : Im Gonna make a toast.......

GodofGridiron
01-18-2009, 11:25 PM
.....to the THE MOST CLUTCH defense this league has seen in a very long time.

There were times this year where this offense could not get untracked and who was there to keep us close til the end........THIS DEFENSE.

There were times we fell behind in games for whatever reason, but who was there to provide this offense multiple opportunities to break even or finally make plays to give us the win........THIS DEFENSE.

Ive seen this place exault Ben, Willie or whomever else time and time again and label them winners or clutch. But its a testament to this defensive unit that we can be as dominant throughout a season and remain THE ELITE in just about every defensive category--- look at our 3rd quarter dominance this year....absolutely remarkable.

I know im gonna catch heat for this next comment but im gonna put it out there cuz its heavy on my chest: There was a few moments during this game where it got very very uncomfortable and i know i dont speak alone when i say this but the playcalling at critical moments of the 4th quarter just about wasted this entire season. I know the horse carcass is now stale but this couldve become disasterous and put in jeapordy a remarkable effort by this franchise all because of one man.

Anyways.........Troy......James.........Woodley... .....Clark and the fellas, i salute you guys cuz you made plays when the offense struggled to make a play. Thank you for answering the bell and for this effort.....THIS REMARKABLE EFFORT.......I SALUTE YOU.

Thank you..........Thank you........Thank you !!!

HOTDOG
01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Here Here Brother!

VegasStlrFan
01-18-2009, 11:30 PM
yep, HERE HERE

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 11:31 PM
I know im gonna catch heat for this next comment but im gonna put it out there cuz its heavy on my chest: There was a few moments during this game where it got very very uncomfortable and i know i dont speak alone when i say this but the playcalling at critical moments of the 4th quarter just about wasted this entire season. I know the horse carcass is now stale but this couldve become disasterous and put in jeapordy a remarkable effort by this franchise all because of one man.

Naaahhh - we're going to the freaking Super Bowl, man! Too happy to argue! :drink:

devilsdancefloor
01-18-2009, 11:41 PM
you can say all the bad stuff ya want about this team and it coaches at this point!
the steelers are going to the supper bowl!!!!!!!!!!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

GodofGridiron
01-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Im so grateful we triumphed.......and so I dont wanna waste anymore energy on Whats-his-name.......

Ceeeeeeeeelebration...........lets all Celebrate and have a good time..........

Polamalu43
01-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Hee we come, tampa here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Preacher
01-18-2009, 11:56 PM
All I have to say on that subject is that two wide receivers left 14 points on the field, and Ben/MeMo left another 3 points on the field. That is 17 points that the coaches put them within reach of, and it was left on the field.

So I wouldn't jump at the coaches that fast, especially knowing our key possession receiver was hurt.

But for the rest of it... well, we have ONE MORE GAME to go before our defense is enshrined as ONE OF THE BEST EVER!

markymarc
01-19-2009, 07:37 AM
All I have to say on that subject is that two wide receivers left 14 points on the field, and Ben/MeMo left another 3 points on the field. That is 17 points that the coaches put them within reach of, and it was left on the field.

Very good point Preacher. But I will still give props to the Steelers defense for coming up big when they had to last night. And of course we going to the Super Bowl :tt02: