PDA

View Full Version : Ken Whisenhunt...

T Bradshaw
01-18-2009, 11:31 PM
dont understand this sick bastard and 10+ players and coaches he took with him from Pit
Didn't he leave on bad terms?
This mofo has revenge on his mind

X-Terminator
01-18-2009, 11:32 PM
He didn't leave on bad terms, he just lost out on the coaching job. If he's still hurt over that, that's his problem.

Godfather
01-18-2009, 11:34 PM
He didn't leave on bad terms, he just lost out on the coaching job. If he's still hurt over that, that's his problem.

Yep...plus Tomlin has vindicated the Rooneys' decision. And Whiz came out ahead because he took a perennial loser to the Super Bowl.

stillers4me
That's why Zona is the last team I wanted to have to play in the Superbowl.

T Bradshaw
Who was our OL coach?
That fat ass, I forgot his name, he was interviewed too
He left on bad terms, he said the job was offered to him and later Rooneys gave it to Tomlin
something like that

Polamalu43
01-18-2009, 11:35 PM
We need to mix iy up against the cards!

Steeler in Carolina
01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Who was our OL coach?
That fat ass, I forgot his name, he was interviewed too
He left on bad terms, he said the job was offered to him and later Rooneys gave it to Tomlin
something like that

Russ Grimm

tony hipchest
01-18-2009, 11:45 PM
dont be a sore ass hater.

BigBen2WardPITT
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
wisenhunt was a great offensive coordinator (a lot better than ariens in my opinion), and he is a great coach. It will be a joy to meet him in the super bowl.

T Bradshaw
01-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Didnt they beat us last year in AZ????
Better be ready because I know Whiz will have the shit birds ready to play at a very high level

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Better be ready because I know Whiz will have the shit birds ready to play at a very high level

:coffee:

Nighthawk
01-18-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm just going to refer to them as desertchickens, Whis doesn't know this STEELERS team. I propose we cut the desert chickens heads off and see how they do then running on the field

X-Terminator
01-18-2009, 11:59 PM

Do you think for one second that Mike Tomlin won't have his team ready for AZ? Yes, they did beat them last year, but we're talking about a totally different team. Tomlin makes sure they do not overlook any opponent, and I guarantee you they will be ready on Feb 1.

T Bradshaw
01-19-2009, 12:19 AM
Tomlin has done a fantastic job this year
Pitt is favored by 7 and should win the game, hopefully easily
it would not be nice if he loses again to the guy who wanted his job in the biggest game of the year.

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-19-2009, 01:12 AM
I must say I miss Whizenhunt, but we will be ready for him on Feb 1st. Here we go Steelers were going to the SUPER BOWL!

Almanack
01-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Play in the crappy NFC West, so you know that you'll win the division easily, bench James and save him, so that he's fresh for the playoffs

As they say in the old Guinness commercial: BRILLIANT!

GodofGridiron
01-19-2009, 02:14 AM
The only reason we lost that game last year in AZ was from poor Special teams play (Breaston took a do-over punt to the house when our guys were winded from the punt play before that got called back due to a penalty). Mike wont make that mistake again.

Ben also threw points away in the redzone when he misread Adrian Wilson in the endzone that wouldve put us on top.

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 07:05 AM
Doesn't matter what happened last year and it doesn't matter what both teams did up through and including last night.

What matters is what team brings it in 13 days and 23 hours!

theplatypus
01-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Doesn't matter what happened last year and it doesn't matter what both teams did up through and including last night.

What matters is what team brings it in 13 days and 23 hours!

QFT

HometownGal
01-19-2009, 08:27 AM

Yes they did by a score of 21-14. Of course Wiz will have his team ready to rumble and I have no doubt whatsoever that Tomlin will have the Steelers just as ready. Should be a good one! :tt02:

AllD
01-19-2009, 09:36 AM
The Cards are one dimensional in a matchup against the Steelers. Warner will be throwing picks all over the place after they get to him in the first quarter.

redst3
01-19-2009, 10:16 AM
He's a good coach. Grimm was too or else they wouldnt have made the final list. Unfortunately for them, they got beat out by the better man.

I dont see any reason to crack on these guys.

redst3
01-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Wasnt there a big return in that game to win it???

coldsweat
01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Pitt never wins in Arizona, Good thing game is in Tampa!

steeltheone
01-19-2009, 10:25 AM
I was all for Whiz being our Head Coach. He was an awesome OC and has turned into a very good Head Coach. That being said, who could complain about Mike Tomlin? Something about Russ Grimm. To me just does not seem to be Head Coach material.

T Bradshaw
01-19-2009, 10:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whisenhunt knows his Super Bowl foe well
http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/01/19/whisenhunt-knows-his-super-bowl-foe-well/

Cardinals coach Ken Whisenhunt was previously an assistant with the Steelers. (Jack Dempsey / Associated Press)
Ken Whisenhunt’s wish was granted Sunday.

The Arizona Cardinals’ head coach, who spent six seasons as a Pittsburgh Steelers assistant, will face his former team Feb. 1 in Super Bowl XLIII.

“Like everyone else, I was a little disappointed that we couldn’t get a Super Bowl matchup with any compelling storylines,” Whisenhunt jokingly said in a statement released by the Cardinals.

“But honestly, it’s unbelievably special that we’re going to the Super Bowl under any circumstances, but now to find out that we’ll be playing the Steelers certainly takes it to another level. Obviously, that organization and the people associated with it hold a special place in my heart. From that standpoint, this is something of a dream scenario for me and many of the other coaches on our staff. I’m happy for Mr. (Dan) Rooney, Coach (Mike) Tomlin and their entire organization. We’re looking forward to a great matchup in Tampa.”

Whisenhunt’s Cardinals defeated the Philadelphia Eagles 32-25 in the first conference championship game of the day, meaning they had to wait to see who they would play in the Super Bowl.

Whisenhunt, who was the Steelers’ tight ends coach from 2001 to 2003 and their offensive coordinator from 2004 to 2006, expressed his hope that Pittsburgh would be the opponent.

“I’m glad we are playing [in the Super Bowl], but the reason I’m here is because of my time with Pittsburgh, and I am grateful for that,” Whisenhunt said before the AFC Championship Game kicked off at Heinz Field.

The Steelers took care of their end in the nightcap with a 23-14 victory over the Baltimore Ravens, who had Whisenhunt on their staff in 1997 and 1998 as a tight ends coach. No word on whether Whisenhunt would have been happy facing the Ravens, too.

Other Cardinals coaches with Steelers ties include assistant head coach/offensive line coach Russ Grimm, who was a candidate for Pittsburgh’s head-coaching job when it went to Tomlin in 2007; receivers coach Mike Miller; defensive assistant Matt Raich and special teams coach Kevin Spencer. No doubt they will be asked plenty about their Steelers days in the next two weeks.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
The Cards are a dangerous team with a high scoring offense and a team starting to play defense.

I just hope that Wiz puts up enough bulletin board material over not getting the Steelers job that the Steelers get Rooney and Tomlin's backs!!!

BlastFurnace
01-19-2009, 12:15 PM
They key to the entire game is not to allow Warner to get into his rhythm.

Make him uncomfortable in the pocket. He doesn't handle the pressure as well as Ben does.

msafford
01-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Watching Whis in his press conference, I like his response to the obvious baiting by reporters as to his past in Pittsburgh. He seemed genuinely pissed at being asked if he had hard feelings towards the Steelers. He also made mention that he accepted the Arizona job before the interview process was even complete by a long shot, thus de-bunking the notion (somewhat) he was passed over for the Steelers job.

schim21
01-23-2009, 06:42 PM
OK so didn't he leave BEFORE Tomlin was hired? To me that is not even a story line. HE took the AZ job before waiting to hear from the Steelers. All of the analyst need to drop this or have their facts together. I am tired of hearing how the Steelers passed him over. We may not have hired him but he never gave the chance for us to NOT hire him.

82CardsGrad
01-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Watching Whis in his press conference, I like his response to the obvious baiting by reporters as to his past in Pittsburgh. He seemed genuinely pissed at being asked if he had hard feelings towards the Steelers. He also made mention that he accepted the Arizona job before the interview process was even complete by a long shot, thus de-bunking the notion (somewhat) he was passed over for the Steelers job.

Yup... he consistently thanks the Steelers whenever a stupid reporter attempts to make this an issue, for giving him the opportunities he received while there... Total class guy!

:thumbsup:

westcoastransplant
01-23-2009, 07:23 PM
We got two weeks worth of waiting for this game, and we're not the only ones who get restless. Sportwriters will try to bring up anything small in these two weeks and the Wiz-Steelrs relationship would qualify as a little bigger. I don't think this will be another Gruden-Raiders Super Bowl were the Raiders were too stupid to change up their audibles so the Tampa defense knew almost every play before it actually happenned. I think we can all agree that an Arians run offense is a lot different then a Wiz run offense. Also, if it were true that Wiz knows our d better then anyone else, wouldn't it be fair to say that LeBeau would know his offense better then anyone, including the gadget plays?

BlastFurnace
01-23-2009, 07:36 PM
It's not like we are playing the 1993 Cowboys here guys. The Cardinals are a good team, but they are playing a better team on February 1st.

There are comparison's being made between this game and the Tampa vs. Oakland game....our game and that game are much different. Tampa was fully capable of beating that Oakland team without Gruden at the helm.

Do I think the game will be easy for the Steelers...No

Do I think Whiz, Grimm, etc know some things about us...Yes

Does that make Whiz the next coming of Bill Walsh...No

Do I think the Steelers will win this game...Yes

If the Cardinals beat us, it will be because of better execution. Nothing more, nothing less.

HometownGal
01-23-2009, 07:38 PM
I dont see any reason to crack on these guys.

I still have a tremendous amount of respect for Wiz (not so much for Grimm) and he'll always have a soft spot in my heart, but come February 1, 2009 at 6:00 PM EST, Wiz becomes the ENEMY.

Texasteel
01-23-2009, 08:06 PM
It seems to me that things worked out pretty well for both teams.

I wish Whizenhust all the luck in the world, after February

BIGIRON98
01-23-2009, 11:11 PM
I was all for Whiz being our Head Coach. He was an awesome OC and has turned into a very good Head Coach. That being said, who could complain about Mike Tomlin? Something about Russ Grimm. To me just does not seem to be Head Coach material.

good point about Grimm. with all the coaching jobs open i'm not hearing his name