PDA

View Full Version : This win is what separates Ben from the others.

Edman
01-18-2009, 11:26 PM
Excluding Bradshaw of course.

Ben has stepped up big in these playoffs. He is the anti-Kordell.

Steelman16
01-18-2009, 11:31 PM
But, but, but...

Don't we want Brett Favre, or Tony Romo, or Jay Cutler, or Philip Rivers under center? Trade Ben! He sucks!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

devilsdancefloor
01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
But, but, but...

Don't we want Brett Favre, or Tony Romo, or Jay Cutler, or Philip Rivers under center? Trade Ben! He sucks!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Polamalu43
01-18-2009, 11:41 PM
But, but, but...

:sofunny::rofl::laughing::toofunny:

Stang909
01-18-2009, 11:49 PM
Excluding Bradshaw of course.

Ben has stepped up big in these playoffs. He is the anti-Kordell.

More like the anti- O'Donnell

Polamalu43
01-18-2009, 11:51 PM
More like the anti- O'Donnell

The Anti- Beaver!!

VinnySteel
01-19-2009, 12:07 AM
He holds onto the ball too long. And makes plays. That win big games.

MACH1
01-19-2009, 12:09 AM
And he's even worse statistically. :rolleyes:

steelers2685
01-19-2009, 12:23 AM
The heck with Neil O'Donnell. I shouted my first slew of cuss words as a kid watching him throw a grounder to Barry Foster when we were 3 yards away in 1994 and then repeated it when he decided to be a bum and ruin Super Bowl 30 for us!

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-19-2009, 12:32 AM
Will the Ben Haters plz stand up????

steelwall
01-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Wish I could find that thread where one of 'our' guys said he would take Flacco over Ben.

GodofGridiron
01-19-2009, 12:38 AM
LOL......im beginning to wonder if any of you incorporate sensual fantasties with Ben as your lust target. The man-crush is over the top.

X-Terminator
01-19-2009, 12:44 AM
LOL......im beginning to wonder if any of you incorporate sensual fantasties with Ben as your lust target. The man-crush is over the top.

Can you really blame people for giving Ben props after all of the bullshit that was shoveled on him this season by the so-called "fans?" Wanting him benched. Wanting him traded, for Brady f'ing Quinn of all people. All the man does is win games, and comes up big in big situations, and it isn't enough to make the masses happy. He is the one guy on this team who is not allowed to have a bad game. Ever. Call it whatever you want, I call it giving the man his proper due.

steelwall
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM

We know what someone's mind is on.:sissies:

Dr. Steel
01-19-2009, 02:23 AM
What Ben is still getting bashed?. All he did was play his best football of the year today. Yes the stats don't reflect on how well Ben played but there was some drops keeping his stats down.

But who cares about stats anyway. There is two that is important and that is wins/turn overs. Ben is a winner again and didn't turn the ball over one time. Actually in two play-off games no turn overs.

As for the drop balls. Sweed is going to catch one in the Super Bowl. I credit the kid for not going in the tank and sulking. He made a great block, broke up an INT in the end zone, and did make a huge 3rd down catch.

As for Parker, just run wild on the Cards Fast Willie in the Super Bowl. Catching the ball isn't your thing. But that was another drop ball today. I'm not knocking Willie but just pointing out that Ben actually played a great game. He should have had 300 yards and 3 TD passes against the Ravens.

steelwall
01-19-2009, 02:50 AM
What Ben is still getting bashed?. All he did was play his best football of the year today. Yes the stats don't reflect on how well Ben played but there was some drops keeping his stats down.

But who cares about stats anyway. There is two that is important and that is wins/turn overs. Ben is a winner again and didn't turn the ball over one time. Actually in two play-off games no turn overs.

As for the drop balls. Sweed is going to catch one in the Super Bowl. I credit the kid for not going in the tank and sulking. He made a great block, broke up an INT in the end zone, and did make a huge 3rd down catch.

As for Parker, just run wild on the Cards Fast Willie in the Super Bowl. Catching the ball isn't your thing. But that was another drop ball today. I'm not knocking Willie but just pointing out that Ben actually played a great game. He should have had 300 yards and 3 TD passes against the Ravens.

Havent seen any bash Ben posts today, however several of us were called out for having a "man crush on him" because of our praise.

Sweed got open, today on a sweet double move, I believe he toke his eyes off the ball for a spit second....he is a smart kid and don't think that that drop has not taught him something. As I stated in another thread...I was not really that PO'ed when he dropped it, it was his actions after that "fake injury, costing a time out" ....dropping a ball is not neccesarily a rookie mistake, veterens drop balls, but he cost us a Time Out, by faking an injury, so it would look like he had a reason (other than taking his eyes off the ball) Thats my only beef with the play.

And no, willie is not a pass catcher, 20 yards out and he has little chance of hauling it in. This should be worked on extensivley with him, with his speed, if he can develop 'hands' and catch some balls 10 or more yards out.....seeeee....ya...

JackHammer
01-19-2009, 03:21 AM
People shouldn't bitch about Ben only. The entire offense is responsible for their inconsistency. Dropped passes, penalties, blown protection, fumble by the RB, bad choice every now and then by the QB, and the Ward injury never helps. It all adds up to an inconsistent offense. Of course, that was against one hell of a defense. I think everyone on offense will look better against the Cards D.

revefsreleets
01-19-2009, 08:43 AM
This is what we knew we had when we drafted Ben. He takes risks, and yesterday they paid off. He's a gunslinger, and that's what gunslingers do. He'll lose a game or two, but he'll win ten for every one he loses.