PDA

View Full Version : Can we stop Fitz???

Polamalu43
01-18-2009, 11:44 PM
I believe there is no CB that can stop this guy really.

We need to double team this guy with #43, and prevent them big plays down field ..

fansince'76
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Putting Warner on his butt early and often will help.

DJ919
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Its not about stopping Fitz...Its about getting to Warner so Fitz doesn't become a factor
:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:
Put these helmets in Warner's FACE ALL Game long. The Fitz factor will be null and void. Draw the Cards down to their run game so we can kill the with the defensive ground attack...Game Over for the little red birds.
Only thing that concerns me a little more is the crazy play calling we presented at crucial times during tonight's game. Can't afford those kind of slips in the brawl for it all.

SteelersinCA
01-18-2009, 11:48 PM
Th Eagles showed the key to victory, get to Warner and it's game over.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-18-2009, 11:48 PM
One big hit . One big hit will put him in his place.

VegasStlrFan
01-19-2009, 12:03 AM
pressure is the key for the ring. Big games from Woodley and Harrison and a key pick from Troy will bring home the trophy. Our offense will put points on the board

VinnySteel
01-19-2009, 12:05 AM
One big hit . One big hit will put him in his place.

Courtesy of Ryan Clark. I haven't seen Fitzgerald take a bad lick all playoffs. Just wait...

Preacher
01-19-2009, 12:06 AM
Put Ike in his back pocket.

Ike has shut down some of the best backs in the league. He can do it, as long as we don't leave him completely on an island for 6 or 7 seconds EVERY PLAY.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Put Ike in his back pocket.

Ike has shut down some of the best backs in the league. He can do it, as long as we don't leave him completely on an island for 6 or 7 seconds EVERY PLAY.:huh: .......:chuckle: sorry preacher ....i tried to resist

steelers2685
01-19-2009, 12:08 AM
http://tube.thayard.net/media/1470/RAVENS_LOSE_THE_BALL_ON__A_HARD_HIT_/

WOW.

http://tube.thayard.net/media/1050/WES_WELKER_GETS_HIT_HARD.._/

Enough said. I'm sure Boldin is reliving flashbacks too.

verks36
01-19-2009, 12:12 AM
yes.

Preacher
01-19-2009, 12:16 AM
:huh: .......:chuckle: sorry preacher ....i tried to resist

:chuckle:

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-19-2009, 12:17 AM
As long as we put pressure on Warner Fitz wont be a big deal. Keep in mind it not just Fitzgerald, we also must contain Bolden, Breaston, and Urban, I know we can do it, I have faith for #6

MJ5150
01-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Yep, we can stop him. Our defense shuts down the entire offense of the other team, not just one or two players.

Your little story book run through some so-so teams is now over Arizona. I hope you enjoyed it. Your beatdown from the Steelers will commence in two weeks.

-Mike

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-19-2009, 12:20 AM
I think Boldin is the one to worry about. IMO hes tougher the Fitz, and if your gonna take on the steelers you gotta be tough.

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 12:27 AM
I believe that Ike can shut down either Fitz or boldin. The question is will the front 7 get enough pressure to make both of them irrelevant by half time?

GodofGridiron
01-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I believe there is no CB that can stop this guy really.

We need to double team this guy with #43, and prevent them big plays down field ..

Minnesota had some success.........Buf.........SF (in both games)..........But its more about Warner than it is about Fitz. Disrupt Warner and you can limit Fitz..

doubleOcards
01-19-2009, 12:34 AM
Your little story book run through some so-so teams is now over Arizona. I hope you enjoyed it. Your beatdown from the Steelers will commence in two weeks.

That's what the Falcons, Panthers and now Eagles thought. That's alright, the Cards embrace the underdog role. :applaudit:

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 12:37 AM
That's what the Falcons, Panthers and now Eagles thought. That's alright, the Cards embrace the underdog role. :applaudit:

So, when did you jump on the bandwagon? Before or after the near-blackout of the wild card game at home? Something tells me it was probably after. :coffee:

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/wagon01.jpg

Cards29
01-19-2009, 12:42 AM
I think Boldin is the one to worry about. IMO hes tougher the Fitz, and if your gonna take on the steelers you gotta be tough.

No. Fitz should be a bigger concern. Boldin is still fighting an injury and on top of that is having issues with the offensive coordinator Todd Haley. We'll see though. Boldin is the heart of this offense, so him being healthy for us would open up a lot more.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/13040597

doubleOcards
01-19-2009, 12:45 AM
So, when did you jump on the bandwagon? Before or after the near-blackout of the wild card game at home? Something tells me it was probably after.

All my life I've been a Cards fan and here we go to the Super Bowl! Woo Hoo!! Soon to be Champs!

This is just too good to be true!

The Steelers D will not be able to contain Fitz. No defense this season has been able to.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-19-2009, 12:45 AM
No. Fitz should be a bigger concern. Boldin is still fighting an injury and on top of that is having issues with the offensive coordinator Todd Haley. We'll see though. Boldin is the heart of this offense, so him being healthy for us would open up a lot more.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6264363/13040597

Either way I respect both players. Hope Dicky has an answer to stop them!

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 12:46 AM
All my life I've been a Cards fan....

Yeah, right pal. :coffee:

GodofGridiron

The Falcons suffered from rookie nerves in a big game with a rookie coach. Not to mention that the "rook" has a snap indicator in that he twitches his left foot just as he goin with the snap count. Cards players made this known in the local media and this explains why they timed their rushes so well vs Atlanta.

You played marvelously vs Carolina.........but Jake help you out immensely givin it back to you 6 times. And Jake plays like hes in shark water when hes tasked to throw it more than 30 times. He was out of his element by halftime.

But im sure you guys feel its destiny as a #4 seed with your recent play........this isnt the NFC......this is a very physical brand of football we play with talent in many areas on this record setting defense.

Im lookin forward to the challenge.

Pi Kapp Steeler
All my life I've been a Cards fan and here we go to the Super Bowl! Woo Hoo!! Soon to be Champs!

The Steelers D will not be able to contain Fitz. No defense this season has been able to.

Patriots??:doh:

X-Terminator
01-19-2009, 12:50 AM
Oh great, here come the Cards' bandwagon fans...

I'm just tempted to nuke all of them, and be done with it. I'm really not interested in their "chest-pounding" when not ONE of them could be found just a few months ago. Smells like 2001 all over again with the Pats* fans.

GodofGridiron
01-19-2009, 12:50 AM

Minnesota did............SFran did twice........Buffalo too. If containing is denoted as under 60 yrds.

Your guys had better be aware of where Woodley, Harrison, and Troy are at all times. This aint the Iggles (#6 seed) youre playing. YOuve got some worries of your own to deal with.

Almanack
01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
Fitz is amazing, and Boldin now has 2 weeks to get healthier

Cards29
01-19-2009, 12:57 AM
Oh great, here come the Cards' bandwagon fans...

I'm just tempted to nuke all of them, and be done with it. I'm really not interested in their "chest-pounding" when not ONE of them could be found just a few months ago. Smells like 2001 all over again with the Pats* fans.

The Cardinals had sold out the first 3 seasons in their new stadium, so I don't know why we struggled to sellout the Wildcard round.

Yea we have bandwagon fans, but what do you expect? This team has sucked a majority of its time here and given the fans nothing to care about until now. Hopefully those who have jumped on, stay on.

Arizona is made up of transplants, so it isn't going to be very easy to have a loyal fanbase when most of the people here are not from here.

Cards29
01-19-2009, 12:59 AM
Minnesota did............SFran did twice........Buffalo too. If containing is denoted as under 60 yrds.

Your guys had better be aware of where Woodley, Harrison, and Troy are at all times. This aint the Iggles (#6 seed) youre playing. YOuve got some worries of your own to deal with.

Fitzgerald is a whole different beast in these playoffs so far. He's had one of the best 3 game stretches in playoff history so far. I wouldn't look too much into the regular season when this team has changed drastically since.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-19-2009, 01:00 AM
Here they come!!! stlrtruck where are you ?!?!?!

Cards29
01-19-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm not here to troll. I just want to talk about the game. No harm.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 01:05 AM
I wouldn't look too much into the regular season when this team has changed drastically since.

Yep, heard this line before the Chargers game. Ad nauseam. :coffee:

X-Terminator
01-19-2009, 01:06 AM
The Cardinals had sold out the first 3 seasons in their new stadium, so I don't know why we struggled to sellout the Wildcard round.

Yea we have bandwagon fans, but what do you expect? This team has sucked a majority of its time here and given the fans nothing to care about until now. Hopefully those who have jumped on, stay on.

Arizona is made up of transplants, so it isn't going to be very easy to have a loyal fanbase when most of the people here are not from here.

It IS easy. Root for your team during the good times AND bad. Don't just jump on when times are good. Do you really want to be mentioned in the same breath as the Cheating Bastards from Foxboro? Look at the Texans. They've been in Tennessee for more than 10 years and managed to carve out a strong fan base when most of them were rooting for other teams before they showed up, the Steelers being one of them. Florida has lots of transplants, especially in the Tampa area. The Bucs stunk for a lot of years too, but managed to have a strong central fan base. Sorry, but all I see are excuses.

X-Terminator
01-19-2009, 01:09 AM

Yep, and what happened? They got taken to the woodshed. I'm not saying that will happen this time because Fitz is an amazing receiver and deserves all the respect in the world. It's the SB, and anything can happen. But to suggest that he's unstoppable...well, that's just flat-out ignorant.

Cards29
01-19-2009, 01:11 AM

San Diego beat Oakland, KC, Tampa, and Denver to get in the postseason. That's garbage for the most part. They did beat a hot Colts team, though, but that's just one game. Not to mention they had to go into Pittsburgh in freezing weather.

We've beaten an 11-5 Atlanta team, 8-0 @ home Carolina team, and the Eagles who had just knocked off the defending champs at home, and now we're playing in a neutral site in warm weather.

ambsteeler
01-19-2009, 01:12 AM
yes he can be contained there were numerous teams that did and we can
you cards have not played a defense like ours this year dont think your a shoe in or that shoe will end up your ass real quick offense is not every thing we will be able to run and pass on them there defense is in my opinion is like the chargers but not as good

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 01:14 AM
San Diego beat Oakland, KC, Tampa, and Denver to get in the postseason. That's garbage for the most part. They did beat a hot Colts team, though, but that's just one game. Not to mention they had to go into Pittsburgh in freezing weather.

We've beaten an 11-5 Atlanta team, 8-0 @ home Carolina team, and the Eagles who had just knocked off the defending champs at home, and now we're playing in a neutral site in warm weather.

:yawn:

Cards29
01-19-2009, 01:14 AM
yes he can be contained there were numerous teams that did and we can
you cards have not played a defense like ours this year dont think your a shoe in or that shoe will end up your ass real quick offense is not every thing we will be able to run and pass on them there defense is in my opinion is like the chargers but not as good

A shoe in? We're the ones being doubted. I'm not guaranteeing anything. This won't be easy, I know that. I haven't said Fitz is unstoppable, but the last 3 games he's shown he's one of the best, if not the best WR in football.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 01:17 AM
I haven't said Fitz is unstoppable, but the last 3 games he's shown he's one of the best, if not the best WR in football.

Especially to someone whose frame of reference is about 3 weeks tops. :coffee:

Cards29
01-19-2009, 01:17 AM
:yawn:

That's it?..

I'm not on any bandwagon. I've sat through the miserable 110 degree games at Sun Devil Stadium multiple times a season and watched the Cardinals get blasted.

I've been going to games since '96 when I moved back to Arizona.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 01:18 AM
That's it?..

I'm not on any bandwagon. I've sat through the miserable 110 degree games at Sun Devil Stadium multiple times a season and watched the Cardinals get blasted.

I've been going to games since '96 when I moved back to Arizona.

Right, and every Pats* fan I've ever encountered has been a Pats* fan since they were called the Boston Patriots too. :coffee:

GodofGridiron
01-19-2009, 01:21 AM

But you got plucked at home by Minny.........wasnt even close. So you could easily resort back to that team next game especially if Warner takes some hits with the pressure. If we disrupt the timing we can have some success. Look at the success Philly had once they made the adjustments the second half. If not for the last drive you scored on, they basically shut you guys out completely in the second half. So there are some things we can grow on in two weeks on how to challenge your offensive timing.

MACH1
01-19-2009, 01:21 AM
WoW, since '96. Thats like forever.

Cards29
01-19-2009, 01:24 AM
But you got plucked at home by Minny.........wasnt even close. So you could easily resort back to that team next game especially if Warner takes some hits with the pressure. If we disrupt the timing we can have some success. Look at the success Philly had once they made the adjustments the second half. If not for the last drive you scored on, they basically shut you guys out completely in the second half. So there are some things we can grow on in two weeks on how to challenge your offensive timing.
Again, we had clinched the division the week before vs St. Louis.

Nothing to play for.

I agree, our line fell apart and Philly got through with ease on their blitzes and tore Warner up. You guys have an excellent pass-rush that can throw our offense off a ton.

Cards29
01-19-2009, 01:25 AM
WoW, since '96. Thats like forever.

I'm only 21..

and I didn't move back to AZ until '96...

There is plenty of sucking from '96 til now..

MACH1
01-19-2009, 01:26 AM
If we can get a few good hits on Warner he'll start panicking and tossing it out there like Favre when he gets pressured.

ambsteeler
01-19-2009, 01:32 AM
reply to cards29

who have you beat thats impressive atlanta almost knocked you out philly almost came back and should have won

1 Sep 07 ARI 23 @ SF 13 wow :thumbsup:

2 Sep 14 MIA 10 @ ARI 31 double wow :thumbsup:

3 Sep 21 ARI 17 @ WAS 24 good team

4 Sep 28 ARI 35 @ NYJ 56 holy shit batman did brett farve just do this

5 Oct 05 BUF 17 @ ARI 41 ok :applaudit:

6 Oct 12 DAL 24 @ ARI 34 :applaudit:

8 Oct 26 ARI 23 @ CAR 27 :applaudit:

9 Nov 02 ARI 34 @ STL 13 :rofl:

10 Nov 10 SF 24 @ ARI 29 only one by 5 points

11 Nov 16 ARI 26 @ SEA 20 :rofl: sea is a joke

12 Nov 23 NYG 37 @ ARI 29 good team

13 Nov 27 ARI 20 @ PHI 48 good team

14 Dec 07 STL 10 @ ARI 34 :rofl:

15 Dec 14 MIN 35 @ ARI 14 good team

16 Dec 21 ARI 7 @ NE 47 holy shit

17 Dec 28 SEA 21 @ ARI 34 :rofl:sea is a joke
so who is all that tough if not for a light sceduale you dont make it and i am not saying you can beat us its a 50 50 for both teams but dont assume your that good

tony hipchest
01-19-2009, 01:37 AM
no be escared

Cards29
01-19-2009, 01:37 AM
reply to cards29

who have you beat thats impressive atlanta almost knocked you out philly almost came back and should have won

1 Sep 07 ARI 23 @ SF 13 wow :thumbsup:

2 Sep 14 MIA 10 @ ARI 31 double wow :thumbsup:

3 Sep 21 ARI 17 @ WAS 24 good team

4 Sep 28 ARI 35 @ NYJ 56 holy shit batman did brett farve just do this

5 Oct 05 BUF 17 @ ARI 41 ok :applaudit:

6 Oct 12 DAL 24 @ ARI 34 :applaudit:

8 Oct 26 ARI 23 @ CAR 27 :applaudit:

9 Nov 02 ARI 34 @ STL 13 :rofl:

10 Nov 10 SF 24 @ ARI 29 only one by 5 points

11 Nov 16 ARI 26 @ SEA 20 :rofl: sea is a joke

12 Nov 23 NYG 37 @ ARI 29 good team

13 Nov 27 ARI 20 @ PHI 48 good team

14 Dec 07 STL 10 @ ARI 34 :rofl:

15 Dec 14 MIN 35 @ ARI 14 good team

16 Dec 21 ARI 7 @ NE 47 holy shit

17 Dec 28 SEA 21 @ ARI 34 :rofl:sea is a joke
so who is all that tough if not for a light sceduale you dont make it and i am not saying you can beat us its a 50 50 for both teams but dont assume your that good

I know our schedule sucked in the regular season. The results from the regular season mean nothing now, though. If you would have looked at our playoff results before looking at our regular season schedule, you'd figure we were a 12 win team.

Atlanta didn't almost knock us out. We pretty much had that game under control the entire 4th quarter.

We annihilated @ Carolina where they were 8-0.

The Eagles should have won? How? We blew the 24-6 lead, and carved up the Eagles D with a great drive in the middle of the 4th which ended with 3 mins left.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 01:39 AM
I know our schedule sucked in the regular season. The results from the regular season mean nothing now, though. If you would have looked at our playoff results before looking at our regular season schedule, you'd figure we were a 12 win team.

Atlanta didn't almost knock us out. We pretty much had that game under control the entire 4th quarter.

We annihilated @ Carolina where they were 8-0.

The Eagles should have won? How? We blew the 24-6 lead, and carved up the Eagles D with a great drive in the middle of the 4th which ended with 3 mins left.

:cookie:

DJfan
01-19-2009, 02:35 AM
The guy is fired up about his team, and you have to admit he is not being overly trollish.

Truth be told, only one team can do any beating in this SB and it's us. I just hope we beat them and not ourselves.

RavensD
01-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Truth be told, only one team can do any beating in this SB and it's us. I just hope we beat them and not ourselves.

I dunno about that....I hear Warner/Fitz/Boldin are kinda good.
I still think Pittsburgh will win, because there's no way they can run on you, and I don't think their defense will do enough. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that the only way they can win is if you hand it to them.

LebauLegacyX7
01-19-2009, 03:20 AM
I believe we have a strong enough cb trio to keep there wreceivers in check my big concern is the health of ryan clark going into this game

LebauLegacyX7
01-19-2009, 03:25 AM
OHH hi everyone u could say i'm a new member, but in honest truth I have been visiting this site for 8 years now and have learned enough so that my posts should be ok. My wife limits my pc time u know we got 4 kids, I said to my myself it would ne nice to share my joy of my steeler ups and downs with others.

Preacher
01-19-2009, 03:25 AM
I dunno about that....I hear Warner/Fitz/Boldin are kinda good.
I still think Pittsburgh will win, because there's no way they can run on you, and I don't think their defense will do enough. But I wouldn't go as far as to say that the only way they can win is if you hand it to them.

I don't know. I'll have to think about this some more.

The question for me is, do they have the ability to beat our defense if our defense shows up to play like they did the last two weeks?

I think the answer to that is no, because we can force them to become one dimensional, and then ballhawk. Plus, we have a few head-hunters that will take care of some deep passes.

I think that puts it to our offense vs. their defense. I trust Ben.

So in that sense, if our A game and their A game show up, I think our A game beats theirs.

However, if any of our 11 guys and backups don't have their head in the game, the Cards are good enough to take advantage of that all game long.

So yeah, I think it is ours to take. But it won't be taking candy from a baby.

LebauLegacyX7
01-19-2009, 03:28 AM
my wife gets mad cause my dvr is 77% full of previous steeler games. I told her to not even think of erasing any of them it gets me by when nfl season is over

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 03:32 AM

You mean CHUMPS.. you guys actually believe you gonna beat us?? ahahahhah

You guys have no damn chance.. Warner will be under pressure all game, trust!

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 03:33 AM
OHH hi everyone u could say i'm a new member, but in honest truth I have been visiting this site for 8 years now and have learned enough so that my posts should be ok. My wife limits my pc time u know we got 4 kids, I said to my myself it would ne nice to share my joy of my steeler ups and downs with others.

Welcome, enjoy the forum!! :tt02:

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 03:36 AM
WOW, the cards bandwagon is getting full!!

ricksteelers55
01-19-2009, 03:36 AM
come on....let them talk...we'll see who wins on Feb the 1st

Edman
01-19-2009, 03:37 AM
This is what annoys me when a new team wins. It's a fine story for the papers, but then the diehard "fan-all-my-life" guys show up like roaches in the dark. I hate the Cleveland Browns and they suck, but their fans are among the best in the league. They stick with their team no matter what. Even if they do suck.

Doesn't matter. We'll find out how "diehard" you Cardinal fans are February 1. If XL is any indication, it will be a home game for the Steelers.

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 03:42 AM
:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:: troll:

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 05:57 AM

There's been plenty of "Can't Stop Me" receivers that have come off the field with meek performances against the Steelers D. Now I'm not going to take anything away from the cardinals. What they've done is impressive and handling the falcons, panthers, and eagles the way they did shows they've got a good reason to be here and it's because of their front 4 and Kurt Warner.

However, to think that Fitz will be able to go all over the Steelers secondary is a bit presumptious and shows you don't understand crap about the Steelers!

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Right, and every Pats* fan I've ever encountered has been a Pats* fan since they were called the Boston Patriots too. :coffee:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't those Boston Patriots become the Washington Redskins? :noidea: