PDA

View Full Version : Hits on Ben

steelers2685
01-19-2009, 01:20 AM
Anyone else notice some of the cheapshots not called on the Ravens against Ben? One of which came from Leonhard in the back (which he had to go back towards the locker room when he was grimacing in pain from it), one when a guy crawled on the ground and lunged at Ben's knee deliberately, and another when a guy took two steps or so and still drilled him.

If that would have been Tom Brady, Tony Romo, or even Eli Manning for crying out loud, the refs wouldn't have had enough flags to throw at once. Sure makes Ben look 10x tougher than any of those others (specifically Errand Boy) but it is not fair in my eyes that they allow him to take hit after hit and not call them to put a stop to it.

MACH1
01-19-2009, 01:22 AM
Been happening all year.

MJ5150
01-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Yep, I did. That's football, and good teams play through it. I was glad to see Ben wasn't getting up and whining to the refs all night.

-Mike

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 01:23 AM
Been happening all year.

More like the last 5 years.

steelwall
01-19-2009, 01:27 AM
I seen at least 3 and one was very obvious, but I was watching online, and my feed was not so great, but it wouldnt suprise me in the least if there were more.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-19-2009, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I have noticed that. We touch a qbs ear-hole and get a 15 yard flag, but Ben gets drilled in the back way after the ball is gone...nothing!

JEFF4i
01-19-2009, 02:54 AM
They're afraid of him. :D Look at Big Ben yourself, he's crazy! He's obviously kind of a knucklehead, and he's huge. Gotta get them after the play, because more often than not, you can't bring him down legitimately.

Blitzberg06
01-19-2009, 02:54 AM
Meh Bens a tough guy he can handle the hits..hes had a lot worse.

steelwall
01-19-2009, 02:57 AM
Meh Bens a tough guy he can handle the hits..hes had a lot worse.

No doubt....but I think the frustration here is the no calls. Ben is a warrior, but doesnt mean the rules have to be bent or ignored because he can take it. (not to incinuate thats what you mean)

Blitzberg06
01-19-2009, 02:59 AM
No doubt....but I think the frustration here is the no calls. Ben is a warrior, but doesnt mean the rules have to be bent or ignored because he can take it. (not to incinuate thats what you mean)

No doubt they should be enforced but the refs are human and they are going to make mistakes.

This is also why the NFL needs full time officials

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-19-2009, 03:08 AM
No doubt they should be enforced but the refs are human and they are going to make mistakes.

This is also why the NFL needs full time officials

Are you seriously calling those mistakes? I mean it is impossible to miss a late hit on a QB since his is in the backfield all by himself.

steelwall
01-19-2009, 03:12 AM
Are you seriously calling those mistakes? I mean it is impossible to miss a late hit on a QB since his is in the backfield all by himself.

I agree with you that a "no-call on a late QB hit is not a "mistake", but I am whole heartidly for full time refs.

Blitzberg06
01-19-2009, 03:12 AM

If someone doesn't call an obvious call isn't that a mistake? I understand the frustration man trust me, I scream at the tv and punch my computer desk.

Woodley wraps up a Qb and slams them to the ground and he doesn't get called for roughing the passer when it obviously is.

The refs can't even call delay of game right which is the easiest call.

steelwall
01-19-2009, 03:18 AM
If someone doesn't call an obvious call isn't that a mistake? I understand the frustration man trust me, I scream at the tv and punch my computer desk.

Woodley wraps up a Qb and slams them to the ground and he doesn't get called for roughing the passer when it obviously is.

The refs can't even call delay of game right which is the easiest call.

Not hounding you because I agree with what we are pretty much all saying, but to me a mistaken call is a bad call, which is different from a "no-call". And on certain levels much worse. Ben was slightly injured on a no-call, and lucky to be so tough to get back up from the other no calls.

Blitzberg06
01-19-2009, 03:22 AM
Not hounding you because I agree with what we are pretty much all saying, but to me a mistaken call is a bad call, which is different from a "no-call". And on certain levels much worse. Ben was slightly injured on a no-call, and lucky to be so tough to get back up from the other no calls.

Yeah fair enough..I understand what you're saying. We are very lucky for Ben being as tough as he is though.

revefsreleets
01-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Early punch to our lineman. No call. Bullshit.

Kemo's penalty for shoving a guy. Horseshit (but SUPER costly!)

No holding calls on Leonhards big return. Bullshit and literally cost us points because there was no way the rats are getting inside our 20 otherwise.

Then it took one legit call for them to score (But w/o the shitty call on Kemo and the non-call for illegal blocks, the score stas 13-0)

We did get the make-up call on the punt, but that didn't matter one way or another.

Ben was cheap shot several times right in front of the refs. Not called.

Harrison held? Eff yeah, but not until the 4th quaretre did they call it, and he was basically ass raped before they tossed the flag. (I called that before the game, by the way)

The officiating was horrible, but, as usual, we won in spite of that. But it still makes me angry to see bias against our team.

One4daThumb
01-19-2009, 10:12 AM
anyone have a video clip of the late Leonhard hit. I need it for a friend. He's saying the Clark hit was cheap so I wanted to point out the cheap shot on Ben.

coldsweat
01-19-2009, 10:16 AM
the two PI calls that led to Ravens 2 scores were bs.

The 2nd one Mason never even had a shot to catch the ball even if Ike didnt have his hands up. It was an uncatchable ball.

The refs GAVE the Ravens their 14 points. Pitts def should have had a shutout.

revefsreleets
01-19-2009, 10:37 AM
the two PI calls that led to Ravens 2 scores were bs.

The 2nd one Mason never even had a shot to catch the ball even if Ike didnt have his hands up. It was an uncatchable ball.

The refs GAVE the Ravens their 14 points. Pitts def should have had a shutout.

I'll concede the Ike call. If he turns his head they don't call that. But they should have never been down there anyway. It took TWO ref errors to get them that deep into our territory to begin with. At that point I truly believe that they were gonna give the Rats some points no matter what we did...

kittenfantastico76
01-19-2009, 10:42 AM
You know I thought it was just my lack of experience in noticing and being able to predict calls in a game (I've learned so much but there still is SO much to learn with football rules for me)... I noticed quite a few late hits by the Ravens last night... (and other all year long)... I just thought maybe it was me, either not knowing the full rules OR that I was being more critical of say the Ravens or any other opposing team.

I'm happy to find Steelers fans but I'm also happy you all are teaching me so many things about the rules etc. (I knew late hit was a bad thing - just wasn't always sure I could call it a late hit, "technically" - if that makes sense).

*not ashamed to be slightly green*

scsteeler
01-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Yes they never call roughing in Ben unless he almost gets killed. The Ratbirds are on their board talking about how dirty the Steelers and that hit was helmet to helmet are they just crazy. Ryan's clark hit was a good hit and I really hated to see that guy get hurt but the hit. Ben was hit in the back with a helmet and not call so who could be called dirty?

Ben is a tough QB but I wish the refs would treat him like they Do Tom Brady and Peyton, hell if you just brush up against them after they have just released the you get a roughing the passer. I guess that protecting the QB does not count for all QB's.

kmsteelerwr15
01-19-2009, 11:30 AM
ya i just dont understand how Leonared was able to spear Ben in the back and nothing was called, hell i would have ejected him for that kind of stuff........

but ive come to expect it but damn it i will neverjust stay quiet about this!