PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Talk .......

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Today I`ve heard alot os Steelers talk on all the sports shows. Mike Ditka even had them ranked 5th in his own power rankings. Eric Allen kept given props to the Steelers, and mentioned more than once how important momentum is heading into the post season! Its funny how things change so fast, just a week ago they were all on the Chargers bandwagon. Right or wrong its just awesome hearing Steelers on the tube.

Everyone seems to agree that our defense is peaking at just the right time. NO TD`s in the last three games!

TasmanianTroy271
12-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Now let's not be hypocrites. Whenever we were going up against the Bears and Vikes we all yelled about how they haven't really played anyone, and how their records were decieving. Stopping the Browns and Vikes and Bears offense doesn't say much about us either, but it does help the guys confidence, which is always good going into the playoffs, especially as a wildcard.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Not being a hypocrites! My point is more about momentum! Should we have beaten these teams? Maybe, maybe not. The Bears are suppose to be one of the better teams in the league. The Vikes were riding high on there new found offense with Brad Johnson. And alot of people were actually picking the brownies, sighting the fact that they have been improving all season, and that they might be hungrier than us for the win. At very least everyone was calling for a close game. We have step it up a notch no matter who we`ve been playing. With parity in the NFL, if you have three straight games without giving up a td, that is impressive! This has given our team a chance to rest starters here and there. And we are getting healthy! Momentum is huge!

Koopa
12-26-2005, 03:33 PM
it doesn't matter who the hell you play, momentum is momentum, and the d is starting to pick up. these trap games are usually the tough ones anyway. it's great to see everyone stepping up and playing at our level not these ***** ass teams level like we usually do.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 03:57 PM
The media is so whishey Washey its pathetic.. the story of the day is all they care about. its been all about the colts for 13 straight weeks, now they lose 2 and all of the sudden they are exposed and the media now says maybe they arent as unstoppable as we all thought.

Every time has strengths and weaknesses..they always will, there is NO perfect team in the league. Anybody can beat anybody at any time. So go ahead media and tell us we're good cuz next week you'll be saying something different IM sure.

Stlrs4Life
12-26-2005, 08:54 PM
Now let's not be hypocrites. Whenever we were going up against the Bears and Vikes we all yelled about how they haven't really played anyone, and how their records were decieving. Stopping the Browns and Vikes and Bears offense doesn't say much about us either, but it does help the guys confidence, which is always good going into the playoffs, especially as a wildcard.

I hear ya. We will see in the playoffs no doubt. The only teams going into the playoffs that I worry about is the Colts, and Denver. I believe if we play NE or Cincy again we win.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 10:26 PM
I`m not worried about the Colts, it was Bens first game back, and also Traii was thrown in at the last minute. I think that they are beatable.

Denver, there a mystery, since we haven`t had a chance to play them

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 11:17 PM
Goint to Denver would make me worried alittle cuz of the great home field advantage..but like any other team..we take the crowd out of it and it becomes just another game and we control the clock and get out w/ a win.

Atleast now we have silent snaps in the playbook to help us in those tough situations..

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 12:20 AM
Goint to Denver would make me worried alittle cuz of the great home field advantage..but like any other team..we take the crowd out of it and it becomes just another game and we control the clock and get out w/ a win.

Atleast now we have silent snaps in the playbook to help us in those tough situations..
The crowd and the atmosphere a Mile High! I hope not to go there!