PDA

View Full Version : I'm Here For My Lumps

Crow-Magnon
01-19-2009, 07:22 AM
I'm glad I can type this because I still am having a hard time speaking. Yesterday, the Ravens were outplayed on every side of the ball except for stopping the running game. Joe Flacco had the odds catch up to him and in the AFCC, he did play like a rookie QB. At this stage of his career, a Ravens fan would have to be a real douche to hold that against him.

Polamalu? Play like that in two weeks and you will be one of the few defensive players to be a Super Bowl MVP. I love Ed Reed, but Troy is something else, too. You really cannot stop the guy when he's on his game, and he was on it yesterday.

For a few seconds, I thought McGahee was laying on the turf of Heinz Field dead and Clark didn't look that much better at first. What a vicious (but 110% legal) hit! But man, did those Steelers fans show a lot of class by hanging over the rail as Willie was carted off and shouting out well wishes to him. That is what a real rivalry is all about. Kick the crap out of each other on the field, but when the play's over, it's back to reality. I hope that meant as much to McGahee as it did to Ravens fans. :thumbsup:

Good luck against Arizona. The Cardinals can put up some points-their WR's are awesome. But they give up points, too.

Run the ball, pass when you need the yardage and crush your opponent with defense. No wonder Steelers and Ravens fans "hate" each other and their respective teams. Switch the uniforms and the teams are almost twins. But in last night's contest, your QB and secondary made the difference.

Once again, what a great season for both our teams and good luck bringing the VL trophy back to the AFCN.

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 07:26 AM
I'm glad I can type this because I still am having a hard time speaking. Yesterday, the Ravens were outplayed on every side of the ball except for stopping the running game. Joe Flacco had the odds catch up to him and in the AFCC, he did play like a rookie QB. At this stage of his career, a Ravens fan would have to be a real douche to hold that against him.

Polamalu? Play like that in two weeks and you will be one of the few defensive players to be a Super Bowl MVP. I love Ed Reed, but Troy is something else, too. You really cannot stop the guy when he's on his game, and he was on it yesterday.

For a few seconds, I thought McGahee was laying on the turf of Heinz Field dead and Clark didn't look that much better at first. What a vicious (but 110% legal) hit! But man, did those Steelers fans show a lot of class by hanging over the rail as Willie was carted off and shouting out well wishes to him. That is what a real rivalry is all about. Kick the crap out of each other on the field, but when the play's over, it's back to reality. I hope that meant as much to McGahee as it did to Ravens fans. :thumbsup:

Good luck against Arizona. The Cardinals can put up some points-their WR's are awesome. But they give up points, too.

Run the ball, pass when you need the yardage and crush your opponent with defense. No wonder Steelers and Ravens fans "hate" each other and their respective teams. Switch the uniforms and the teams are almost twins. But in last night's contest, your QB and secondary made the difference.

Once again, what a great season for both our teams and good luck bringing the VL trophy back to the AFCN.

Your a class act Crow-Magnon. Yesterday's game was the epitomy of what a rivalry is and should be. THAT hit was brutal and even the fans I was with stood up and cheered and clapped for McGahee when he was being carted off the field.

GutterflowerSteel
01-19-2009, 07:34 AM
You don't need to take any lumps, Crow-Magnon. You've been a classy poster and your team was a worthy opponent - and hey, you came back like you said you would :thumbsup: Much respect - see you next season :tt02:

redst3
01-19-2009, 07:39 AM
It was a great game. Dont be too hard on Flacco. He had them in that game until 5 minutes were left then he came apart. Not too shabby for a kid.

HometownGal
01-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Thank you for the extremely classy post, Crow. :drink:

Your team had a great run and is going to be a thorn in our sides for years to come with a dynamic young QB and finally a HC that knows how to mentor! :thumbsup:

Please feel free to visit us anytime - you are a pleasure to have here at SF! :hug::drink:

Crow-Magnon
01-19-2009, 07:54 AM
What's the word on Ward's knee? I know that had to kill him sitting out most of the game.

Next year? I don't wanna think about it right now. Ryan will probably be the Jets HC by 10:00 today, and we are going to lose at least one LB, if not two. I have a real love/hate relationship with free agency.

I bet you guys and gals are glad you don't have to think about crap like that for the next two weeks. :wink02:

DJ919
01-19-2009, 07:55 AM
No Lumps Bro...We're all Fans of our respected teams, and we live and diehard with them. Much respect to you and the Ravens. Trash / Hype talk is just that and nothing more. The level of trash talking intensity only adjusts to the kind of fan being delt with. Like some of my CO-working Ravens Fans...But fans like you are a class act Bro, and respect is there on both ends. ..Both teams are great and both show the NFL that two of its best teams live in the AFC North. Look forward to many hard fights with the Ravens, for it's the NFL's best rivalry. Flacco will be one of the NFL greats...All in all the players and fans respect eachother.

Hines4ever
01-19-2009, 08:10 AM

Living in south central pa - a couple miles from the MD line, being hugely outnumbered by Raven’s fans, I have had numerous “negative” experiences with the majority of them. :hatsoff: I have to take my hat off to you for being so classy and a good sport. It’s hard for me to say but I do respect the Ravens. Here’s to a great season! :drink:

devilsdancefloor
01-19-2009, 08:13 AM
no need for the lumps! you have been great !! take care hope you come back around !! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

revefsreleets
01-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Hey, at least you know who the center for your team is.

(That's the nicest thing I can say to a Ratbird fan. Blame it on deep psychological scarring from sparring with them for years at the Ratsnest)

86WARD
01-19-2009, 08:37 AM

Class...

Milkman
01-19-2009, 08:51 AM
Glad to see a Ravens fan with some class.

:drink:

RatbirdFan
01-19-2009, 10:03 AM
Congrats Steelers, you outplayed us and earned the trip. I thought we might pull out another unlikely win but Stone's penalty killed any momentum we had and Polamalu sealed the deal with the pic-6.

Good luck against Arizona. I think you guys will have Warner on his back for much of the game.

Stlrs4Life
01-19-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the props. Ravens have nothing to be ashamed of. This was the SB if you ask me.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the props. Class post.

See you next season.

SteelersinCA
01-19-2009, 10:43 AM
Crow, stick around man, your insight is fantastic. Nothing wrong with other team's fans that know what they're talking about!:hatsoff:

tony hipchest
01-19-2009, 10:47 AM
i agree with the majority... no lumps to take or crow to eat.

stick around. youve been here for a while and never shown to be trolling.

just another fan looking for some good football talk.

as for flacco... you guys now know how us steelerfans felt with big ben being thrust into the line-up in 04. worked out well, huh?

i fear him, more than carson or any qb the browns can dig up in the back yard.

MACH1
01-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the props. No lumps here.

Flacco is going to be a thorn in our side for the years to come, he's going to be a good one.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 10:57 AM
No lumps coming from me either, Crow. Your team is to be commended on getting as far as you did with a rookie QB and HC. Definitely something to build on. :drink:

westcoastransplant
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Crow...class as usual from you. I think the same thing that happenned to Ben in his rookie season happenned to Flacco. Coming from college and playing a much longer season will wear you out, especially when we have to play eachother 3 times. Now while I hope he doesn't follow Ben's second season, he will get better and be a pretty good QB for you guys. :drink:

hindes204
01-19-2009, 11:45 AM
Your a class act crow, come back anytime

markymarc
01-19-2009, 12:48 PM
You are a very classy fan Crow-Magnon and I hope you continue to come back to this site to talk football. It's great talking football with such knowledgeable and of course classy fans.

markymarc
01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Next year? I don't wanna think about it right now. Ryan will probably be the Jets HC by 10:00 today, and we are going to lose at least one LB, if not two. I have a real love/hate relationship with free agency.

So I have to ask do you think that will really hurt your defense losing a guy like Rex Ryan. It will be interesting to see how he does in NY leading the Jets. I think it's only fair he finally gets his shot at a HC gig. So who do you think will replace him. Also if you had to choose 1 LB to keep who would it be Suggs or Ray Ray?

steelpride12
01-19-2009, 12:56 PM
I hate Raven fans, but you are the classiest in the world and I thank you for the tough 3 games and nail biters to say the least. Your team is very promising and scary and next season with Flacco getting more and more experience should return to the playoffs for some fun rematches.

Crow-Magnon
01-19-2009, 01:25 PM
So I have to ask do you think that will really hurt your defense losing a guy like Rex Ryan. It will be interesting to see how he does in NY leading the Jets. I think it's only fair he finally gets his shot at a HC gig. So who do you think will replace him. Also if you had to choose 1 LB to keep who would it be Suggs or Ray Ray?

You know, that's a great question and one that's hard to answer. The Ravens lost Marvin Lewis and a lot of people thought the defense would suffer, but it didn't. We lost great coaches like Mike Nolan and Jack Del Rio and the defense still was great. So I guess if one looks at history as precedent, the Ravens defense should not suffer greatly due to Ryan's departure to the Jets.

I'm not sure who will get the nod as Ryan's replacement, but I have a feeling it will be an internal promotion versus an outside candidate. Someone who is familiar with the Ravens defensive system as it stands right now. After all, it doesn't require an overhaul or even much tinkering.

But what will require tinkering is the status of free agent linebackers. Suggs, Scott and Lewis are all free agents this year, and Suggs has a "no franchise tag" clause in his contract. If I had to choose one LB between Suggs and Lewis, I'd choose Lewis. Suggs is a great LB and a better pass rusher and sacker than Lewis, but Lewis is a defensive leader and a great mentor to young LB'ers. He also makes good linebackers better. Several Ravens LB's have left for more $$$ and have never played as good as they did in this system alongside Lewis. Only Adalius Thomas has left and still played really well. Also, as Lewis was the Ravens second first-round draft pick in their first-ever draft, I'd like to see him retire in a Ravens uniform alongside Jonathan Ogden. Maybe the Ravens will franchise Lewis and offer a contract to Suggs, letting Scott go.

Back to Rex. I wish anyone well who accepts a NFL head coach or a MLB manager's job in that pressure cooker known as New York. Trust me, he's already been called an A-hole by at least 250,000 Noo Yawkers in his first 24 hours. Now he has to deal with the Brett Favre issue. Good luck with that!

Polamalu Princess
01-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Great season for both teams - thanks for being a class act!!!!:drink:I'm glad I can type this because I still am having a hard time speaking. Yesterday, the Ravens were outplayed on every side of the ball except for stopping the running game. Joe Flacco had the odds catch up to him and in the AFCC, he did play like a rookie QB. At this stage of his career, a Ravens fan would have to be a real douche to hold that against him.