PDA

View Full Version : First Round Pick Poll

ironcitychef
02-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Only 74 days...San Fran you are now on the clock.

JerseySTEEL
02-10-2005, 12:58 AM
shoulda had a TE in there... i vote for a TE

ironcitychef
02-10-2005, 09:46 AM
yeah thought of that too late. But I guess vote for a WR instead? Anyone in mind JerseySteel?

JerseySTEEL
02-10-2005, 04:04 PM
WR=Chris Henry(West Virginia),Vincent Jackson(Northern Colorado)
TE=Heath Miller(Virginia),Adam Bergen(Lehigh)

ironcitychef
02-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Here's my thought. Maybe Ravens get Moss or even Burress. That means we need to beef up our cb's to make sure we don't get ripped twice a year. But if we franchise Burress and he goes elsewhere, then we get a pick that way I think so we could double dip in the first round.

JerseySTEEL
02-11-2005, 02:02 AM
one spot i would like to see made stronger is FS two players i like Thomas Davis(Georgia),Brodney Pool (Oklahoma), and as to Plax whish he would stay but from all the info i got from media is hes gone alrdy, When i look back at the season plz did great had alot of 2 tds games, but i guesss for some they want big numbers.But u have to figuare they got Ben know and they ant gonna run like they did this year , and next year there gonna be putting the ball in bens hand to get it done.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-11-2005, 01:24 PM
Look for the Steelers to go DL, WR, or CB in the first round..depending on what happens with Plax. This years draft is pretty decent at WR, even in later first day. Hope and Polamalu are solidified as the starting safeties..but depth there would be ideal if we can get it, since all that is realy there is Mike Logan, who is good ! but getting older and was hurt all of last year.

DL is a concern becuz unless kimo restructures his deal, his cap hit may be too big to bare for us. Hampton, A. Smith are perfect starters, and chris hoke and travis kirschke fit great as reserves...but we could use another big time player there to rotate in.

CB is an obvious choice, but unless we trade up, we may be more likely to get a quality player by trading out of the first round and getting another 2nd rounder. towsend is solid and entrenched. Scott has a huge cap hit, and coclough & taylor are young and have promise. willie's contract is up, but I'd like to have him back as a reserve, he played well this year.

ironcitychef
02-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Just an update, have seen more mocks showing us getting Miller (TE - Virginia). They say he is top 20 but could just cause so many teams already have good tight ends. But could he fall 10 spots? Don't know but I'll keep you all posted.

ironcitychef
02-23-2005, 01:00 AM
:coffee: [Yawns]...still seeing the following CB, WR, TE DL mainly. Browner, Miller, FSU and SC wide outs, and Cody USC for specifics...[moves clothes from washer to dryer]

ironcitychef
02-23-2005, 10:09 PM
I already have you geared up for speed dial come draft time.

JerseySTEEL
02-24-2005, 04:31 PM
loliam just realy up for 05 after 04 being 15-1 when i was thinking like a 10-6 season lol, cant wait and since i found this fourm i can talk to ppl who are steelers fans instead od gaint and jets fans lol

ironcitychef
02-25-2005, 11:42 AM
Cutting a CB and TE could show where we want our youth movement to go. Will keep you all informed. JerseySteel could you update our big board on prospects...

JerseySTEEL
02-25-2005, 09:30 PM
ill will do it tonight ill start foff with 1 CB and 1 TE tonight, only chosing those that i see falling back to 20 spot for draft.

JerseySTEEL
02-25-2005, 09:36 PM
Brandon Browner

Position:
CB

College:
Oregon St.

HEIGHT 6'4"
WEIGHT 202
40 TIME 4.4

http://img129.exs.cx/img129/8538/browner1ul.jpg

Pros: Rare size and speed combo. Is a playmaker, 6 INT's as a freshman, very physical corner.
Cons: Has only played 2 years at the college level, is still a little raw.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
2004 - Brandon is among the most talented players in the nation at his position...a certain postseason honors candidate after recording one of the best seasons in the history of the program for a defensive player...Browner helped the program ease the 2002 departure of Dennis Weathersby, Calvin Carlyle, and Terrell Roberts...he is one of the most physically gifted athletes in the conference...also played receiver during spring drills and in three scrimmages he caught four passes for 68 yards...his status at receiver during the season has not been determined at press time...Athlon Sports preseason second team All-American and first team All-Pac-10. 2003 - Browner's honors as a redshirt-freshman include Pac-10 Conference Freshman of the Year, and being named to Freshman All-American Teams by the Football Writers Association, The Sporting News, and Rivals.com...second team All-Pac-10...Browner shared the team-high for interceptions and ranked ninth in the nation with six - teammate Mitch Meeuwsen also had six...Browner helped the team intercept 20 passes, the 10th-highest figure in the nation...he intercepted three passes against Arizona State, earning him Pac-10 Defensive Player of the Week honors...broke up six passes for the season and had 43 tackles...he returned an interception 31 yards for a touchdown at USC. 2002 - Redshirt. SYLMAR PrepStar West All-Region team as a senior...played as a senior at Sylmar High School, where he earned All-Valley Mission League honors...MVP on defense of the Mission League...played at Monroe High School in North Hills as a junior...played receiver on offense, where he accounted for 1,726 career yards and 24 touchdowns...he had 16 career interceptions...as a senior he returned three punts for touchdowns...also lettered in track as a junior, competing in the high jump and 200 meters. PERSONAL Son of Keith Browner and Brenda Fisher...has one brother and one sister...pre-communication major

JerseySTEEL
02-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Heath Miller

Position:
TE

College:
Virginia

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/2885/miller5er.jpg

Pros: By far the best TE if he declares, a big threat as a receiver, will create mis-matches all over the field.
Cons: Not as good a blocker as he could be, that part of his game needs to be refined.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
2004 HONORS WATCH: Mackey Award candidate ... All-America candidate ... All-ACC candidate.

AT VIRGINIA: 2004-- Opened the season with three receptions for 45 yards and a touchdown in the win at Temple ... wasn't thrown a pass against North Carolina ... saw his consecutive games streak end at 22, but he had a tremendous effort blocking according to Al Groh ... led the team with six receptions for 54 yards and two touchdowns in the 51-0 shutout of Akron, marking the second multi-touchdown game of his career ... put UVa on the scoreboard first with a 16-yard catch ... was also a factor in the running game with his blocking ... was at the point of attack for most of UVa's 326 yards rushing, its best output in six years ... earned ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week honors for his efforts ... caught one pass for 54 yards against Syracuse ... stands second on the team in receiving while also being an explosive blocker in the run game.

* * * WORTH NOTING: The top tight end in the country ... 2004 preseason All-American, along with teammate Elton Brown ... preseason leader for the Mackey Award as the nation's best tight end ... first-team All-ACC last season by the second-widest vote margin ... was the leading receiver in the nation among tight ends last season with 70 receptions for 835 yards ... those figures set ACC records by a tight end ... tied with Bruce McGonnigal for the most receptions in UVa history by a tight end with 103 ... 11th in school history in receptions ... 15th in Virginia history with 1,162 receiving yards, third among tight ends ... holds the ACC career record for tight ends with 15 touchdown catches, sixth in Virginia history ... has caught a pass in 21 consecutive games, the longest streak on the team ...sure-handed receiver gets a lot of attention for his pass catching ability, but he's also an outstanding blocker who enjoys it ... joins Elton Brown, Chris Canty and Brennan Schmidt as team captains this season.

HONORS: 2004--Preseason All-American.

2003--Second-team All-American by Collegefootballnews.com and by CollegeSportsReport.com ... honorable mention All-American by SportsIllustrated.com ... first-team All-ACC ... All-ACC by CollegeFootballnews.com ...first-team All-State by Virginia Sports Information Directors Association and by the Roanoke Times ...Collegefootballnews.com All-Bowl team ... ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his play against Wake Forest on Sept. 27 ... ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his play against Georgia Tech on Nov. 22 ...ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his play against Virginia Tech on Nov. 29 ...received UVa's John Polzer Award for ability, sportsmanship and character ... Received the E. Paul Rogers, Jr. Memorial Scholarship for Football from the Virginia Athletics Foundation.

2002-- Second-team All-ACC ... Freshman All-America Team by Scripps/Football Writers Association of America ... first-team Freshman All-American by The Sporting News ... first-team Freshman All-American by CollegeFootballnews.com ... first-team Freshman All-American by Rivals.com ... ... ACC All-Freshman Team by The Sporting News ... first-team All-State by the Roanoke Times ... first-team All-State by Virginia Sports Information Directors Association ... honorable mention ECAC All-Star.

AT VIRGINIA: 2003--One of the most productive tight ends in the nation with one of the best seasons by a tight end in history ... was the leading receiver among tight ends with 70 receptions for 835 yards ... tied for 49th nationally and fourth in the ACC in receptions (5.38 rpg) ... sixth in the conference, tied for 81st in nation, in receiving yards (64.2 ypg) ... set ACC records for tight ends in receptions and yards ... sixth in the ACC with two 100-yard games ... joined Bruce McGonnigal (1989) as UVa's only tight ends with two 100-yard games in a season and the first one to do it in consecutive games (Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech) ... 60 percent of his catches went for either a first down or touchdown (42 of 70) ... led the team in receiving on seven occasions ...led the offense with five catches for 52 yards and a touchdown against Duke in the season opener ... three receptions for 17 yards against South Carolina to lead the team ... three catches for 51 yards at Western Michigan ... led for the fourth time in a row with seven receptions for 94 yards and a score in the come-from-behind win over Wake Forest ...all seven catches resulted in a first down or touchdown ... outjumped a Wake defender to snatch a five-yard scoring toss from Matt Schaub early in the fourth quarter to tie the score at 21 ... on UVa's last drive following Jamaine Winborne's interception in the final minute, he hauled in a 15-yard strike from Schaub to move the ball from Wake's 34 to the 19-yard line ... that catch set up Connor Hughes' 38-yard game-winning field goal with 10 seconds left ...had a relatively quiet game at North Carolina with four catches for 44 yards ... had another big performance in the overtime loss to Clemson with eight grabs for 52 yards and a touchdown ... caught nine balls for 77 yards and a TD vs. #7 Florida State ... three catches, 48 yards vs. Troy State and four for 22 yards the next game vs. N.C. State ... had one reception for a season-long 39 yards against Maryland ... caught six passes for 110 yards and a touchdown to power UVa to a win over Georgia Tech ...named ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week after becoming the first UVa tight end with a 100-yard game in 12 years ... garnered his second consecutive ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week award after having the type of performance most tight ends can only dream about ... hauled in 13 receptions for 145 yards--both career highs--to lead the Cavaliers to a 35-21 win over in-state rival Virginia Tech ...10 of his catches vs. the Hokies went for first downs ... his 13 catches are second-most by a tight end in ACC history ...led the team with 84 receiving yards on four catches vs. Pittsburgh in the Continental Tire Bowl ... hauled in a 52-yard scoring strike from Matt Schaub late in the first quarter for the game's first touchdown ... lettered for the second time.

2002--Started every game ... 33 receptions for 327 yards and nine touchdowns ... led ACC tight ends in receptions and touchdown and was third in yards ...finished second overall in the league in touchdown receptions ... third among ACC rookies in receptions and fourth in yards ... also threw a touchdown pass ...scored a touchdown in the first five games of his career ... took just seven games to set the school record for most touchdowns by a tight end ... caught four passes for 42 yards and one touchdown in his first game against Colorado State ...his only reception vs. Florida State was an 11-yard touchdown catch ... caught a touchdown pass and threw at scoring toss in an upset of South Carolina ...became the first non-quarterback to throw a touchdown pass for the Cavaliers since 1990 when he connected with fellow tight end Patrick Estes against the Gamecocks ...had just one catch, but it was a touchdown, vs. Akron ... two of three receptions in the comeback win over Wake Forest were touchdowns ... his second score enabled UVa to cut a 34-17 deficit to 34-31 ... his scoring streak ended with the Duke game, the only game he did not have a reception ... got back in the scoring column with an important touchdown against Clemson ... his 15-yard reception from Matt Schaub was the difference in the 22-17 win ...his only catch against North Carolina was a 42-yarder, the longest of his career ... scored Virginia's first touchdown against Penn State and finished with a career-high six catches for 50 yards ...caught three passes vs. N.C. State and two vs. Maryland in home wins ... led the team with 15 yards receiving and one touchdown against Virginia Tech ... caught three passes for a career-high 54 yards in the win over West Virginia in the Continental Tire Bowl ... lettered.

2001-Did not play in any games and was red-shirted ... was in uniform for the Richmond game.

HIGH SCHOOL: Played quarterback and safety for head coach Doug Hubbard at Honaker High School ... ranked as the No. 15 player in the state by SuperPrep as a senior ... Associated Press Player of the Year as a senior and two-time AP All-State selection ... Virginia High School Coaches Association Group A Offensive Player of the Year as a senior ... two-time first-team Group A All-State selection ... earned All-Southwest Virginia first-team honors at quarterback ... a second-team all-state selection at defensive back ... Region D Offensive Player of the Year ... earned Region D first-team honors at quarterback and free safety as a junior and senior ... two-time Black Diamond District Offensive Player of the Year ... earned first-team Black Diamond District honors at quarterback and free safety ... passed for over 1,500 yards and 19 touchdowns and rushed for 901 yards in 2000 ... as a junior, he passed 1,872 yards and 26 touchdowns, and rushed for 643 yards and 12 touchdowns ... led Honaker to an 11-2 record that season ... played first base on the Honaker baseball team and was a forward on the basketball team ... earned Black Diamond District first-team honors, and was an All-Region and All-State selection in baseball ... also earned All-District and All-Region honors in basketball.

PERSONAL: Earl Heath Miller ... born 10-22-82 in Richlands, Va. ... son of Earl and Denise Miller ... has a younger sister, Amanda (18) ... majoring in sociology.

some videos of him
http://virginiasports.collegesports.com/multimedia/va-footbl-video.html

JerseySTEEL
02-25-2005, 09:53 PM
heath miller

HEIGHT 6'5"
WEIGHT 255
40 TIME 4.60

couldnt fit due to 10000 word limt

ironcitychef
02-26-2005, 12:18 AM
:cylon: I love this! It is like Christmas. Thank you JerseySteel great job. Parents names and sisters major also. Yeah I think we got so homework to do.

clevestinks
02-26-2005, 11:05 AM
I like to see a wr, but my head tells me we will get a corner, also a second round te, just a hunch

JerseySTEEL
02-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Celev just for u one of my fav WR coming out from this year and i think we can pick him up in R3

Vincent Jackson

Position:
WR

College:
Northern Colorado

HEIGHT 6'6"
WEIGHT 235
40 TIME 4.53

http://img116.exs.cx/img116/8536/jackson2yn.jpg

Pros: The man is TALL. He uses that to his advantage, and is a dominating physical receiver who makes big plays. #1 receiver potential.
Cons: Didn't exactly face elite competition at N Colorado, needs to work on the little things to get better.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
2003 Don Hansen's Gazette I-AA All-American (1st Team) 2003 Sports Network I-AA All-American (2nd Team) 2003 Associated Press I-AA All-American (2nd Team) 2003 I-AA.org All-American (2nd Team) 2001 D2Football.com Honorable Mention All-American

WALTER PAYTON AWARD WATCH LIST ... One of the nation's most dangerous receivers ... his size (6-6, 235 lbs.) makes him almost impossible to matchup with 1-on-1 ... always a threat to turn a play into a touchdown either as a receiver or a punt/kick returner ... already the Bears' all-time touchdown receptions leader (34) ... needs only three more total touchdowns to tie the all-time UNC TD record of 39 (held by Gaynor Blackmon).

2004: Jackson caught four passes for 23 yards in the first two games of the season ... bounced back to his 2003 form against Idaho State with eight catches for 127 yards and his first touchdown of the season ... lived up to the expectations after being featured in USA Today earlier in the week against Montana ... Jackson broke the Bears' single-game pass reception record with 15 grabs ... his 227 yards receiving against the No. 7-ranked Grizzlies was the 2nd-highest total in UNC's history until he upped that total the next week against UC Davis ... also tallied 84 kick return and 38 punt return yards to give him a UNC single-game record 349 all-purpose yards ... put on another show against UC Davis with nine catches for 246 receiving yards and three touchdowns ... Jackson has nine games in which he has scored multiple touchdowns ... also tallied 323 all-purpose yards against the Aggies ... notched a 100+ receiving game against Southeastern Louisiana with his six-catch 138-yard performane ... tallied a 30-yard touchdown pass in the second quarter against the Lions ... stepped up his play against I-A Florida Atlantic with 10 catches for 228 yards and two touchdowns ... caught an 18-yard touchdown in the 2nd quarter and then another 18-yarder n the fourth quarter against the Owls ... Jackson has five 200+ receiving games in his UNC career ... it was the 13th 100+ yard receiving game of his UNC career ... earned Great West & National Football Foundation - Colorado Chapter Player of the Week awards for his effort against Montana ... earned Great West Offensive Player of the Week honors for his game against UC Davis.

2003: Tallied the most prolific season ever for a UNC receiver ... started the season in style with a school-record tying four touchdown effort against New Mexico Highlands (Aug. 30) ... began to receive national recognition with his 214-yard, 3-TD game at Idaho State (Sept. 13) ... named the Pioneer Press State of Colorado Player of the Week (Sept. 29) for his eight-catch 123-yard effort in the Bears' 14-10 win over Montana State ... tallied another 200+ receiving effort in a 205-yard, 2-TD game against Western Washington (Oct. 11) ... nabbed nine catches for 166 yards in a 29-25 win over Southern Utah (Nov. 8) ... caught an amazing 41-yard hail mary at the halftime gun of the Southern Utah contest ... nabbed seven catches for 176 yards and two scores in the Bears' season-ending 35-28 win at UC-Davis ... caught the game-winning touchdown pass against UC-Davis on an amazing tipped ball play ... caught at least one TD in each of the Bears' 11 games ... set the Bears' single-season touchdown reception record (21) and career touchdown reception record (26) ... set the Bears' single-season receiving yardage record (1,462) ... set the Bears' single-season all-purpose yardage record (1,949) ... ranks second on the Bears' all-time all-purpose yardage list behind Adam Matthews (4,104) ... tied Matthews with 21 total touchdowns to set the UNC single-season record ... also tied Matthews for the most points scored in a single-season (126 points) for the Bears.

2002: Played in all 14 games and drew one starting assignment ... ranked second on the team in all-purpose yardage (1,080 yds.) ... caught at least one pass in 12 contests ... nabbed a season-high four catches for 96 yards in the NCAA Div. II first round playoff win over Central Missouri State (Nov. 23) ... caught a season-long 63-yard touchdown pass in the Bears' 31-7 win at Augustana (Oct. 26).

2001: Played in 10 of 11 games as a true freshman ... may have single-handedly turned the Bears' season around with his 79-yard punt return for a touchdown in a 17-13 victory over North Dakota State (Oct. 27) ... his 85-yard punt return for a touchdown at Western State (Sept. 1) was the 4th-longest punt return in school history ... caught nine passes to for 259 yards ... tallied four catches for 131 yards and a touchdown in a 31-19 loss at South Dakota (Oct. 13) ... ranked 2nd in the nation in punt return average (18.0/return).

High School: Named honorable mention all-state by the Rocky Mountain News last season ... also earned first team all-conference and first team all-area honors ... ranked third in the state (class 4A) in receptions (52) ... also tallied 697 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns. High school coach: Paul Macrenato.

Personal: Born Jan. 14, 1983 ... son of Terence and Sherry Jackson ... named UNC Freshman Athlete of the Year in 2001-02 ... also a member of the UNC men's basketball squad.

clevestinks
02-26-2005, 09:58 PM
You definitley did your homework. It looks like he has size and speed, it works for me.

ironcitychef
02-26-2005, 11:17 PM
I love the Colorado connection. If you look back, we always get someone from around there.

JerseySTEEL
02-27-2005, 01:20 AM
hopw we can steal this kid i like having a big pyshcal wr.Bc with ward beign the most pys Wr in the game as our no 1 and El as num2 this guy could choose soem major mis matchs.

JerseySTEEL
03-02-2005, 10:29 PM
ok ive been looking at alot of Mock darfts and they say we might get a FS i wouldnt mind a good Fs along side Troy, well heres one of them.aLSO, since we prob getting rid of Bell well need a back up lb behind Farrior and Foote i know we have a couple of young guys under them like Kriewaldt,Farrior,moore. but heres one i think we might get.

JerseySTEEL
03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Brodney Pool

Position:
FS

College:
Oklahoma

HEIGHT 6'3"
WEIGHT 208
40 TIME 4.5

http://img123.exs.cx:81/img123/8756/pool5hi.jpg

Pros: Ballhawk, playmaker in the secondary. Good size and speed. Consistently gives 100%.
Cons: Needs to improve against the run.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
In 2003 - Led Oklahoma with seven interceptions, which tied for No. 11 nationally ... two picks each against Iowa State and Texas Tech ... all but two of his interceptions came in conference play ... set up an OU touchdown by returning an interception 49 yards in the Nokia Sugar Bowl ... fourth leading tackler on the team with 68 ... season-high 11 tackles vs. North Texas ... had 10 tackles against LSU in the national championship game ... blocked an extra point at Colorado. In 2002 - Played in 12 games, mostly on special teams ... saw significant time at strong safety in the Rose Bowl ... four tackles vs. UTEP ... three tackles each vs. Tulsa and Baylor. In High School - Ranked among the top 20 defensive backs in the country by several recruiting services ... played free safety and running back ... solid senior season with 75 tackles and 11 interceptions ... made 114 stops and four interceptions during his junior year ... rushed for 159 yards on 40 attempts with two touchdowns during his senior year ... caught three passes for 112 yards and two touchdowns as well ... also competed in track ... coached by George Campbell. The Wrapup - Son of Rose Brimmer ... born: May 24, 1984 ... major: university studies ... father, Robert, played football at Texas A&I " his mother, Rose, is the Westbury HS athletics director.

JerseySTEEL
03-02-2005, 10:37 PM
Adam Seward

Position:
MLB

College:
UNLV

HEIGHT 6'2"
WEIGHT 250
40 TIME 4.60

http://img53.exs.cx:81/img53/5508/seward7pa.jpg

Pros: Has good size and instincts, has consistently performed, puts up great numbers. Averages well over 100 tackles a year, lots of experience.
Cons: Doesn't get by on natural talent - has to work for it. Not the fastest guy on the field, either.
Draft Exchange Analysis:
* BUTKUS AWARD CANDIDATE * * 2004 PRESEASON FIRST TEAM ALL-MWC * * TWO-TIME FIRST TEAM ALL-MWC *

UNLV: The most prolific tackler in school history with 312 takedowns in just three years ... Needs just 23 tackles this fall to become the all-time leader in the Mountain West Conference, passing Wyoming's Tyler Gottschalk (334 from 2000-03) ... Ranks third in MWC history with 156 solo stops and second in assisted takedowns with 156 ... Along with teammate Jamaal Brimmer, can join QB/P Randall Cunningham as the only three-time first team all-league honorees in school history ... A unanimous selection as 2004 preseason First Team All-MWC (Athlon, CFN, Lindy's, Phil Steele's, The Sporting News) ... Ranked the No. 9 ILB in the nation by Phil Steele's, the No. 5 NFL prospect in the MWC by Lindy's and the No. 21 player in the MWC regardless of position by College Football News ... A local talent who was named to the Butkus Award Watch List in 2003 and 2004 ... Father, Tom, was co-captain of the 1978 NCAA Div. II champion Eastern Illinois squad and served as assistant coach at UNLV from 1986-89 under Wayne Nunnely ... Younger brother, Mark, was a 2004 signee with Nevada, Reno ...

2003: A First Team All-MWC choice by both coaches and media after starting every game at MLB ... The first UNLV LB to be named first team all-league since 1994 ... Ranked second in the MWC with 9.9 tackles per game and 119 overall ... Became UNLV's all-time tackle leader with 11 stops against CSU ... Matched his 15 takedowns at Air Force, the team's best single-game performance, with 15 stops vs. BYU ... Pulled in his first career interception at UNR to seal the Rebels' victory ... Grabbed his second pick vs. SDSU ...

2002: The 2002 Mountain West Conference tackle champion with 11.1 per game ... His 133 total tackles marked third-best total in school history ... Listed as the No. 23 player in the MWC regardless of position heading into season by College Football News ...Named First Team All-MWC by the media and Football News and second team by the league's coaches ... Started all 12 games at MLB and hit double figures for tackles in nine of them, including the school's season-high 16 at Utah ... Finished tied four fourth on squad with eight tackles for loss ... Also added 1.5 quarterback sacks and two pass breakups ... Had career-high 10 solo tackles at San Diego State ...

2001: Made first career start in victory at UNR and won the job at strongside backer for the rest of season ... Played in all 11 games and finished fourth on team with 60 tackles, including six for loss ... Also added two pass breakups, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery ... 2000: Redshirted ...

HIGH SCHOOL: A 2000 graduate of Bonanza HS ... Named All-Western Region by PrepStar magazine ... A first team all-state and all-division selection as a senior linebacker after totaling 138 tackles, eight sacks and 14 tackles for loss ... Also played fullback and rushed for 600 yards and six touchdowns for coach Nick Butera ... A versatile athlete who won the state wrestling title in the heavyweight class and also threw the shot put and discus for the Bengals ...

PERSONAL: Adam Hartford Seward was born on June 15, 1982, in Champaign, IL ... The son of Tom and Amy Seward ... Has one younger brother, Mark, and sister, Elizabeth ... Majoring in international business.

ROBINSON SAYS: "Adam Seward is among the premier college linebackers in America. Each year he has improved his knowledge of the game and is very physical, very dedicated. In our defensive scheme, he clogs the middle in dramatic fashion."

ironcitychef
03-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the info. As for MLB, is he fast enough? I just think of our guys stringing out the outside runs to shut them down and get concerned. Does seem like the hard hat type of guy for us.

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:22 PM
they say his 40 time his in the 4.6's but ill try and find his combine time for ya.

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:27 PM
Linebackers

Prospect, Position, School Ht. Wt. Bench 40
Liam Ezekiel, ILB, Northeastern 6001 249 4.79
Alfred Fincher, ILB, Connecticut 6013 238 4.67
Mike Goolsby, ILB, Notre Dame 6030 249 4.87
Boomer Grigsby, ILB, Illinois State 5116 249 4.67
Marcus Lawrence, ILB, South Carolina 6021 243 4.64
Robert McCune, ILB, Louisville 6000 245 34 4.50
Lance Mitchell, ILB, Oklahoma 6021 247 4.81
Kirk Morrison, ILB, San Diego State 6010 235 25
Martin Patterson, ILB, Texas Christian 6014 243 5.00
Jonathan Pollard, ILB, Oregon State 6010 247 4.67
Adam Seward, ILB, UNLV 6022 248 33 4.62
Lofa Tatupu, ILB, USC 5117 238 23 4.79
Odell Thurman, ILB, Georgia 6001 233 25 4.62
Jordan Beck, OLB, Cal Poly State 4.61
Darryl Blackstock, OLB, Virginia 6025 247 4.66
Michael Boley, OLB, S. Mississippi 6026 236 4.63
Kevin Burnett, OLB, Tennessee 6027 239
Ryan Claridge, OLB, UNLV 6020 254
Roger Cooper, OLB, Montana State 6023 239 4.69
Channing Crowder, OLB, Florida 6022 252
Clifford Dukes, OLB, Michigan State 6034 268 28 4.97
Jamar Enzor, OLB, Cincinnati 6004 243 4.72
Matt Grootegoed, OLB, USC 5106 218
Tyjuan Hagler, OLB, Cincinnati 5115 236 35 4.62
Marques Harris, OLB, Southern Utah 6011 231 22 4.78
Leroy Hill, OLB, Clemson 6010 229 4.63
Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas 6032 242 4.54
Jared Newberry, OLB, Stanford 6011 254
Kenneth Pettway, OLB, Grambling St. 6030 236 4.75
Brady Poppinga, OLB, Brigham Young 6031 259 26 4.60
Barrett Rudd, OLB, Nebraska 6024 247 25 4.69
Derek Wake, OLB, Penn State 6026 236 20 4.60
Rian Wallace, OLB, Temple 6022 241 10
Demarcus Ware, OLB, Troy 6040 251 4.56
Cornelius Wortham, OLB, Alabama 6013 236 22 4.76

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Cornerbacks

Prospect, School Ht. Wt. Bench 40
Ronald Bartell Jr., Howard 6012 211 4.37
Brandon Browner, Oregon State 6034 221 13 4.60
Nick Collins, Bethune-Cookman 5111 206 4.39
Markus Curry, Michigan 5107 181 4.63
Travis Daniels, LSU 6005 194 4.59
Abraham Elimimian, Hawaii 5095 190 4.68
Dustin Fox, Ohio State 5107 191 7 4.49
Domonique Foxworth, Maryland 5111 184 4.40
Eric Green, Virginia Tech 5113 198 4.55
Kelvin Hayden, Illinois 5103 197 17 4.48
Ellis Hobbs, Iowa State 5090 192 4.50
Alphonso Hodge, Miami (Ohio) 5106 203 4.47
Daven Holly, Cincinnati 5103 192 15 4.41
Marlin Jackson, Michigan 6005 198 4.59
Derrick Johnson, Washington 5107 197 4.47
Adam Jones, West Virginia 5094 187
Eric King, Wake Forest 5084 189 12 4.50
Bryant McFadden, Florida State 5116 193
Chris McKenzie, Arizona State 5084 185 4.37
Justin Miller, Clemson 5096 201 4.44
Karl Paymah, Washington State 6000 204 28 4.31
Antonio Perkins, Oklahoma 5106 190 4.47
Lamont Reid, North Carolina 5112 195 15 4.53
Carlos Rogers, Auburn 6003 196 4.48
Antrel Rolle, Miami 6001 201 15
Stanford Routt, Houston 6013 193 4.36
Scott Starks, Wisconsin 5084 172 13 4.41
Fabian Washington, Nebraska 5104 188 18 4.25
Corey Webster, LSU 6001 199 9
Aric Williams, Oregon State 5114 187 8 4.62
Cedric Williams, Kansas State 5096 168 13 4.51
Darrent Williams, Oklahoma State 5085 176 16 4.29
Stanley Wilson, Stanford 5116 185 14 4.40
Jerron Wishom, Louisiana Tech 5116 193 18 4.55

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Safeties

Prospect, Position, School Ht. Wt. Bench 40
O.J. Atogwe, FS, Stanford 5110 219 22 4.62
Josh Bullocks, FS, Nebraska 6000 209 4.53
James Butler, FS, Georgia Tech 6017 213 16 4.59
Sean Considine, FS, Iowa 6001 212 4.55
Ben Emanuel II, FS, UCLA 6026 213 4.56
Aaron Francisco, FS, Brigham Young 6017 211 4.78
Vincent Fuller, FS, Virginia Tech 6011 189
Terry Holley, FS, Rice 6012 211 24 4.65
Jim Leonhard, FS, Wisconsin 5083 191 19
Brodney Pool, FS, Oklahoma 6010 207
Kerry Rhodes, FS, Louisville 6024 209 4.46
Gerald Sensabaugh, FS, North Carolina 6004 214 17 4.49
Ernest Shazor, FS, Michigan 6035 228
Marviel Underwood, FS, San Diego State 5102 205 4.49
Marquis Weeks, FS, Virginia 5104 216 23 4.56
Hamza Abdullah, SS, Washington State 4.65
Justin Beriault, SS, Ball State 6026 204 14 4.56
Atari Bigby, SS, Central Florida 5106 214
Jamaal Brimmer, SS, UNLV 6013 216 4.76
Jerome Carter, SS, Florida State 5113 228 4.51
Atcheson Conway, SS, Bowie State 5103 218 14 4.87
Thomas Davis, SS, Georgia 6010 230 4.65
Diamond Ferri, SS, Syracuse 5101 223 4.56
Jason Harmon, SS, Michigan State 5114 209 4.63
Andre Maddox, SS, North Carolina State 6005 205 17 4.47
Donte Nicholson, SS, Oklahoma 6004 212 18

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Quarterbacks

Prospect, Position, School Ht. Wt. Arm Hand 40
Jared Allen, Florida Atlantic 6022 218 30.2 8.7 4.96
Derek Anderson, Oregon State 6061 242 9.7 5.09
Brock Berlin, Miami 6014 221 30.7 9.4 4.98
Jason Campbell, Auburn 6046 230 33.5 9.5
Timmy Chang, Hawaii 6010 211 31.5 10 5.15
Ben Dougherty, Florida A&M 6021 222 32.4 9.2 4.87
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Harvard 6023 232 31.1 10.6 4.87
Charlie Frye, Akron 6037 225 31.1 8.7 4.82
David Greene, Georgia 6034 226 33.2 10 4.81
Gino Guidugli, Cincinnati 6036 229 31.1 10 5.00
Josh Haldi, Northern Illinois 6020 215 30.3 9.5 4.65
Matt Jones, Arkansas 6001 208 30.4 9.2 4.53
Dustin Long, Sam Houston 6024 208 31.3 9.5 4.65
Adrian McPherson, Florida State 6034 218 32.6 9 4.69
Craig Ochs, Montana 6016 218 31 9.1 4.85
Dan Orlovsky, Connecticut 6050 225 31.7 9.5 4.95
Kyle Orton, Purdue 6040 233 30.2 10 5.10
Bryan Randall, Virginia Poly Tech 6002 225 32.4 9.4 4.68
Chris Rix, Florida State 6020 214 31.7 10 4.70
Aaron Rodgers, California 6020 223 32.2 10 4.71
Alex Smith, Utah 6041 217 31.6 9.1 4.75
Andrew Walter, Arizona State 6061 233 32.7 9.6
Jason White, Oklahoma 6024 223 31.2 9.5 4.90

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:31 PM
Running Back

Prospect, Position, School Ht. Wt. Arm Hand Bench 40
J.J. Arrington, California 5087 214 30.4 8.6 18 4.45
Marion Barber III, Minnesota 5113 221 31.4 8.7 20
Cedric Benson, Texas 5104 222 32 9.1 NL NR
Decori Birmingham, Arkansas 5096 210 9 14 4.58
Nehemiah Broughton, Citadel 5114 250 32.3 9.6 4.55
Ronnie Brown, Auburn 6002 233 31.5 9.3 18 4.44
Maurice Clarett, Ohio State 5115 234 30.6 9.3 22 4.75
Deandra Cobb, Michigan State 5096 196 31.6 8.7 17 4.48
Anthony Davis, Wisconsin 5065 200 29.6 8.5 18 4.51
Ciatrick Fason, Florida 6006 207 30 8.3 NL NR
Lionel Gates, Louisville 5115 222 31.1 10.1 23 4.68
Frank Gore, Miami 5093 217 31 9.3 NL NR
Ryan Grant, Notre Dame 6011 215 31.6 8.4 17 4.53
Kay-Jay Harris, West Virginia 6003 243 31.5 10 4.56
Alex Haynes, Central Florida 5097 223 31.5 10.2 21 4.55
Noah Herron, Northwestern 5110 224 31.6 9.1 17 4.68
Cedric Houston, Tennessee 5106 225 32.1 9.4 NL NR
Ray Hudson, Alabama 5096 192 29.5 9.1 15 NR
Brandon Jacobs, S. Illinois 6042 267 33.5 10.5 19 4.59
T.A. McClendon, N.C. State 5102 235 27 4.71
Ryan Moats, Louisiana Tech 5082 210 31.4 8.7 19 4.49
Vernand Morency, Okla. State 5095 212 31.6 87 19 NR
Alvin Pearman, Virginia 5093 208 30.3 9.2 24 4.65
Bobby Purify, Colorado 6003 210 32.5 9.3 15 4.70
Walter Reyes, Syracuse 5100 209 30.3 8.5 16 4.66
Eric Shelton, Louisville 6014 246 33.5 9.4 NL 4.59
Darren Sproles, Kansas State 5061 187 28.2 8.2 23 4.50
Carnell Williams, Auburn 5107 217 30.5 8.2 19 4.45

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Running Back

J.J. Arrington, California 5087 214 30.4 8.6 18 4.45
Marion Barber III, Minnesota 5113 221 31.4 8.7 20
Cedric Benson, Texas 5104 222 32 9.1 NL NR
Decori Birmingham, Arkansas 5096 210 9 14 4.58
Nehemiah Broughton, Citadel 5114 250 32.3 9.6 4.55
Ronnie Brown, Auburn 6002 233 31.5 9.3 18 4.44
Maurice Clarett, Ohio State 5115 234 30.6 9.3 22 4.75
Deandra Cobb, Michigan State 5096 196 31.6 8.7 17 4.48
Anthony Davis, Wisconsin 5065 200 29.6 8.5 18 4.51
Ciatrick Fason, Florida 6006 207 30 8.3 NL NR
Lionel Gates, Louisville 5115 222 31.1 10.1 23 4.68
Frank Gore, Miami 5093 217 31 9.3 NL NR
Ryan Grant, Notre Dame 6011 215 31.6 8.4 17 4.53
Kay-Jay Harris, West Virginia 6003 243 31.5 10 4.56
Alex Haynes, Central Florida 5097 223 31.5 10.2 21 4.55
Noah Herron, Northwestern 5110 224 31.6 9.1 17 4.68
Cedric Houston, Tennessee 5106 225 32.1 9.4 NL NR
Ray Hudson, Alabama 5096 192 29.5 9.1 15 NR
Brandon Jacobs, S. Illinois 6042 267 33.5 10.5 19 4.59
T.A. McClendon, N.C. State 5102 235 27 4.71
Ryan Moats, Louisiana Tech 5082 210 31.4 8.7 19 4.49
Vernand Morency, Okla. State 5095 212 31.6 87 19 NR
Alvin Pearman, Virginia 5093 208 30.3 9.2 24 4.65
Bobby Purify, Colorado 6003 210 32.5 9.3 15 4.70
Walter Reyes, Syracuse 5100 209 30.3 8.5 16 4.66
Eric Shelton, Louisville 6014 246 33.5 9.4 NL 4.59
Darren Sproles, Kansas State 5061 187 28.2 8.2 23 4.50
Carnell Williams, Auburn 5107 217 30.5 8.2 19 4.45

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Fullbacks

Kevin Dudley, Michigan 6004 238 31.3 9.3 19 4.84
Justin Green, Montana 5113 251 31.6 9.4 23 4.88
Madison Hedge*censored*, UNC 6030 266 31.4 9.6 29 4.88
Keith Joseph, Texas A&M 6017 254 31.5 10 27 4.69
Will Matthews, Texas 6010 248 9.5 NL NR
Zach Tuiasosopo, Washington 6016 249 32.6 9.3 19 4.88
Manuel White Jr., UCLA 6022 244 34.1 10.4 NL NR

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:35 PM
Wide Receivers

Prospect, Position, School Ht. Wt. Arm Hand 40
Larry Brackins, Pearl River CC 6043 205 33.4 8.4 4.66
Mark Bradley, Oklahoma 6013 201 31.3 8.7 4.4
Craig Bragg, UCLA 6005 196 32.2 9.6
Reggie Brown, Georgia 6015 196 31.6 9.6 4.49
Mark Clayton, Oklahoma 5103 193 30.5 9.1 4.43
Airese Currie, Clemson 5104 186 31.4 8 4.53
Josh Davis, Marshall 6003 191 32.6 9.1 4.56
Braylon Edwards, Michigan 6027 211 33 9.7
Charles Frederick, Washington 5106 194 30 9 4.76
Fred Gibson, Georgia 6040 196 33.1 9 4.55
Howard Gilmore, Norfolk State 6000 194 32 10.1 4.86
Reggie Harrell, Texas Christian 6026 214 33 9.4 4.60
Chris Henry, West Virginia 6040 197 33.5 9.2 4.50
Efrem Hill, Samford 6004 179 32.1 9.2 4.56
Vincent Jackson, Northern Colorado 6046 241 32.6 9.5 4.55 " wow man rly this kid is big"
Brandon Jones, Oklahoma 6013 210 33.1 10 4.43
Chase Lyman, California 6025 217 31.6 9.7 4.49
Tony Madison, Kansas State 6014 213 34 9.6 4.55
Tommy Manus, Morgan State 6037 222 31.6 10.1 4.55
Rasheed Marshall, West Virginia 5115 185 32.1 9.2 4.51
Jerome Mathis, Hampton 5112 181 32.5 9.3 4.31
Leron McCoy, Indiana-Pennsylvania 6014 211 33.4 9.3 4.4
Lance Moore, Toledo 5092 177 31 10.2
Terrence Murphy, Texas A&M 6007 202 31.5 9.3 4.45
Chad Owens, Hawaii 5073 183 28.7 9.5 4.63
Roscoe Parrish, Miami 5096 168 29.2 8.5 4.43
Tab Perry, UCLA 6024 229 32.4 10 4.49
Jamaica Rector, NW Mississippi 5096 186 32 9.5 4.48
Dante Ridgeway, Ball State 5111 212 30 8.4 4.58
Courtney Roby, Indiana 6001 189 31.3 9.5 4.33
Jeremiah Russell, Louisville 6030 206 32.5 9.5 4.51
Steven Savoy, Utah 5107 182 32.1 9.4 4.65
Dan Sheldon, Northern Illinois 5087 179 29.2 9.1 4.45
Chauncey Stovall, Florida State 6006 221 33.1 9.5 4.65
Craphonso Thorpe, Florida State 6007 188 32.6 9.3
Paris Warren, Utah 6003 219 32.1 9.7 4.55
Isaac West, Furman 5116 187 31.5 9.6 4.37
Roddy White, Alabama 6012 207 31.5 7.5
Mike Williams, USC 6045 229 34.1 8.7 4.59
Troy Williamson, South Carolina 6013 203 33 9.3 4.38

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Defensive Tackles

Prospect, School Ht. Wt. Arm Hand Bench 40
Lorenzo Alexander, California 6020 289 31.2 9.4 5.07
Jonathan Babineaux, Iowa 6021 286 32.1 9.7 4.83
Anthony Bryant, Alabama 6030 337 33.3 9.6 22 5.12
Tim Bulman, Boston College 6034 294 32 9.6 4.97
Larry Burt, Miami Ohio 6020 304 31.2 9.3 22 5.37
Shaun Cody, USC 6040 293 31.1 10
Eric Coleman, Clemson 6047 288 33.5 11.1 27 5.09
Atiyyah Ellison, Missouri 6042 305 33.3 9.1 5.17
Anttaj Hawthorne, Wisconsin 6033 321 33 9.5 21 5.25
Travis Johnson, Florida State 6035 305 32.3 10.1
Lynn McGruder, Oklahoma 6013 307 32.2 10.2 28 5.00
Mike Montgomery, Texas A&M 6047 276 35.7 10.2 4.97
C.J. Mosley, Missouri 6020 314 33.2 10 5.10
Mike Patterson, USC 5115 292 33.2 10.2
Sione Pouha, Utah 6033 325 33.2 10.3 32 5.06
Derreck Robinson, Iowa 6042 289 32.6 10.2 4.98
Darrell Shropshire, S. Carolina 6022 301 32.5 9.3 25 4.87
Jimmy Verdon, Arizona State 6031 280 32.5 9.4 5.00

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Defensive Ends

Adrian Awasom, N. Texas 6041 273 34.3 10.3 23 5.00
Vincent Burns, Kentucky 6003 267 34.1 9.3 25 4.78
Dan Cody, Oklahoma 6054 254 32.5 9.7
Trent Cole, Cincinnati 6022 236 33.4 9.5
Chauncey Davis, Florida St. 6017 279 34.4 9.5 22 4.75
Jim Davis, Va. Tech 6034 277 32.4 10
Adell Duckett, Texas Tech 6033 270 33.6 10 14 4.81
Simon Fraser, Ohio State 6055 288 33.2 9.4 23 4.97
Andre Frazier, Cincinnati 6045 234 34.4 9.3 19 4.69
George Gause, S. Carolina 6047 275 33.4 9.2
Jonathan Goddard, Marsh. 6002 238 30.5 9.4 27 4.68
Jovan Haye, Vanderbilt 6020 284 34.2 11 33 4.75
Kevin Huntley, Kansas State 6066 267 34.3 10.2
Erasmus James, Wisconsin 6041 266 33 9.5 4.81
Tyler King, Connecticut 6054 271 33.2 9.3 21 4.83
Khari Long, Baylor 6035 257 35 10.4 4.70
David McMillan, Kansas 6030 262 33.2 9.5
Shawne Merriman, Maryland 6043 272 33.5 9.4 25
Eric Moore, Florida State 6042 268 33.3 9.6 4.84
David Pollack, Georgia 6021 265 30.4 10.1 4.79
Ryan Riddle, California 6016 256 33.4 9.1
Matt Roth, Iowa 6036 278 31.3 10.5
Marcus Spears, LSU 6040 307 33 10.4
Bill Swancutt, Oregon State 6040 270 33.1 10.1 5.00
Benard Thomas, Nebraska 6037 269 32.7 10 4.93
Justin Tuck, Notre Dame 6050 268 32.6 10
Jonathan Welsh, Wisconsin 6032 244 33.6 10.5 4.58

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Tight ends

Prospect, School Ht. Wt. Bench 40
Billy Bajema, Oklahoma State 6047 261 16 4.83
Adam Bergen, Lehigh 6043 265 25 4.84
Jerome Collins, Notre Dame 6042 261 21 4.7
Jonas Crafts, UTEP 6027 247 NR
Tony Curtis, Portland State 4.91
Joel Dreessen, Colorado State 6042 260 22 4.69
Kevin Everett, Miami 6045 241 NL NR
Kelly Griffeth, Fort Hays State 6052 284 21 4.85
Alex Holmes, USC 6016 265 21 NR
Tony Jackson, Iowa 6020 266 23 4.72
Dave Kashetta, Boston College 6033 247 NL 4.91
Heath Miller, Virginia 6050 256 NR
Bo Scaife, Texas 6025 249 4.75
Alex Smith, Stanford 6041 258 NR

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:38 PM
Offensive tackles

Anthony Alabi, TCU 6051 310 5.31
Calvin Armstrong, Wash. St. 6071 325 34.1 10.2 5.50
Khalif Barnes, Washington 6056 305 34 10.1 4.93
Alex Barron, Florida State 6074 320 37.6 10.2
Wesley Britt, Alabama 6080 314 32.4 9.2 24
Jammal Brown, Oklahoma 6057 316 34.6 9.1 5.06
Chris Colmer, N. Carolina 6052 310 32.1 10.1
Jonathan Colon, Florida 6072 317 34.6 11.3 5.61
Harvey Dahl, Nevada Reno 6061 299 34.5 10.3 17 5.44
Jon Dunn, Va. Tech 6072 328
Trai Essex, Northwestern 6048 324 33 10 5.28
Marcus Johnson, Mississippi 6064 321 35.4 9.4 21 5.60
Adam Kieft, Central Michigan 6072 337 33.5 10.1 28 5.47
Sam Lightbody, Wash. 6090 321 35.3 10 5.45
Daniel Loper, Texas Tech 6060 306 33 10.6 14 5.25
Pete McMahon, Iowa 6075 329 34.3 10 26 5.40
Michael Munoz, Tennessee 6054 306 34 9.6
Doug Nienhouse, Oregon St. 6056 307 33.3 10 22 5.12
Frank Omiyale, Tenn. Tech 6042 310 36 10.1 5.31
Jeremy Parquet, So. Miss. 6066 323 34.3 10 17 5.25
Erik Pears, Colorado State 6076 312 33.4 10.1
Rob Petitti, Pittsburgh 6057 347 33.6 10
Michael Roos, E. Washington 6065 320 32 9.1 19 5.19
David Stewart, Miss. State 6064 314 34.3 10.1 24
Adam Terry, Syracuse 6080 330 32.4 10.6 5.31
Michael Watson, West Va. 6041 316 31.6 9.6 5.47
Sam Wilder, Colorado 6047 398 31.5 8.7 23 5.20
Ray Willis, Florida State 6055 327 35.4 10.5 27

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Offensive guards

Joe Berger, Michigan Tech 6054 303 32.1 9 5.15
Clinton Brooks Jr., Maryland 6054 309 36.3 10.4 5.13
Elton Brown, Virginia 6047 329 34.2 9.7
Doug Buckles, Mississippi 6052 311 34 10.5 5.47
Dan Buenning, Wisconsin 6037 320 33.2 9.2 29 5.22
Jonathon Clinkscale, Wisco. 6022 315 33.3 10.4 5.53
Dan Connolly, SE Missouri St. 6035 311 32.2 9.2 22 5.07
Dylan Gandy, Texas Tech 6030 304 33.3 9.7 5.01
Justin Geisinger, Vanderbilt 6036 322 32.6 9.5
Nick Kaczur, Toledo 6044 319 32.7 10.3 5.25
Chris Kemoeatu, Utah 6034 344 33.5 10.3 5.25
Logan Mankins, Fresno State 6041 307 33.3 9.3 9.3
Evan Mathis, Alabama 6052 304 32.4 10.6 35 4.91
Willie McNeill, North Carolina No Show
Chris Myers, Miami 6045 300 32.3 10.3
Leon Robinson, Georgia Tech 6040 314 34.7 10.6 5.18
Wes Sims, Oklahoma 6050 318 32.2 11.1 26 5.35
Adam Snyder, Oregon 6053 316 32.7 10.3 21 5.20
Nick Steitz, Oregon 6034 312 32.6 10.5 5.63
Claude Terrell, New Mexico 6022 343 33.1 9.2 27 5.38
Scott Young, BYU 6035 312 34.3 9.2 43 4.93

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Offensive centers

David Bass, Michigan 6044 319 32.2 10.5 29 5.09
Jason Brown, North Carolina 6026 313 32.4 10.3 5.36
Tim Brown, West Virginia 6044 318 33.3 9.7 23 5.68
Juice Coston, North Carolina 6033 310 33.6 10.3 21 5.30
Eric Ghiaciuc, Central Michigan 6040 302 32.3 10.1 30 5.03
Richie Incognito, Nebraska 6032 305 32.3 10.1 29 4.91
Geoff Hangartner, Texas A&M 6050 301 33.3 10 5.19
Dew Hodgdon, Arizona State 6026 309 32 10 5.28
Rob Hunt, North Dakota 6036 301 32.1 11.2 31 4.93
Scott Mruczkowski, B. Green 6044 321 33.1 10.1
Raymond Preston, Illinois 6051 311 33.7 10.1 21 5.37
Chris Spencer, Mississippi 6027 309 33.4 10.1 26 5.18
Benjamin Wilkerson, LSU 6034 299 35 10.5

JerseySTEEL
03-03-2005, 09:42 PM
well thats all the times hehe, ill try to get u the ones that didnt run the 40 after they had there pro days. but if theres any player wants soem info or video on ask iam bored lol.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Thats some great info JerseySteel...handy reference !!

BlitzburghRockCity
03-05-2005, 01:55 PM
It wouldnt surprise me to see the Steelers trade outta the first round and pick up another 2nd round choice...preferably early in the 2nd round of course.

IMO..I dont see us going WR till maybe round 3 at the earliest. To me, I'd put money on DL with our first pick, only becuz Kimo isnt getting any younger and his cap hit isnt getting any smaller. . I would say they go CB on day 1 too, but with Williams resigning soon, that buys us atleast another year or so to make sure that coclough is ready... and possibly WR on the first day. then OL early 2nd day and again maybe later 2nd day too, depending on how FA works out.

ironcitychef
03-06-2005, 09:56 AM
I just don't see it. With no clear cut order, someone will fall to us. I don't see us dropping 10-15 spots instead of taking someone there. If we do move up I would expect us to do it in the 2nd 3rd round again then muddle through the middle of the draft.

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 09:15 PM
WE like to pick up or line guys on day 2 mostly and like either DB's or WR in day 1,kinda like we did with max starks picked him up in 3rd round and hes gonna be a good starter this year. so for WR iam gonna post up 2 guys that i think we might go for and will be there.

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Roddy White

Position:
WR

College:
UAB

HEIGHT 6'2"
WEIGHT 205
40 TIME 4.4

http://img61.exs.cx/img61/6086/white7ro.jpg

Pros: Is a great deep threat, has good size and speed. Is able to create separation, tough guy. Not afraid to go over the middle.
Cons: Needs to work on the little things, improving his routes and his blocking.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
UAB's top receiving threat last season and is expected to play that role again in 2004 ... already has established himself among Conference USA's top receivers ... has five career 100-yard receiving games ... has been on receiving end of 78 passes over past two seasons ... presently tied for No. 4 all-time at UAB in receptions with 92 ... his 1,660 career receiving yards are No. 3 all-time for the Blazers as are his 12 TD receptions. 2003: Led Blazers in receptions (39) and reception yardage (844) ... also paced team in TD receptions with seven ... started all 12 games for UAB ... one of Conference USA's top playmakers, White ranked No. 2 in league in yards per catch among WRs with 30 or more receptions ... recorded four games with more than 100 receiving yards ... his 95-yard touchdown catch against Cincinnati represents the second-longest catch in C-USA history ... had third-highest single-game receiving yardage with his 171 against Cincinnati ... also surpassed 100 yards in receiving in games vs. Southern Miss (111), Tulane (147) and South Florida (121) ... was named C-USA Offensive Player-of-the-Week for his performance vs. Cincinnati (4 catches, 171 yards, 2 TDs, reception of 95 yards) ... caught a career-high 10 passes in the game vs. Southern Mississippi ... recorded two touchdowns in games vs. Cincinnati and Tulane ... also registered several other long pass receptions (61 vs. Tulane, 56 vs. Cincinnati and South Florida, 54 vs. Houston and 53 vs. TCU). 2002: After seeing limited duty in 2001, White experienced a "breakout" season last fall ... started 11 of 12 contests for the Blazers ... finished the campaign as UAB's leading receiver in terms of receptions with 39 ... ranked No. 2 on the squad in receiving yards with 580 ... finished the year ranked 10th in Conference USA in receiving yards per game at 48.3 ... his 159-yard performance against East Carolina tied teammate Willie Quinnie for second-best single-game performance among C-USA receivers in 2002 ... registered 33 of his 39 receptions over the season's final eight games ...caught four passes for 94 yards and a touchdown in win over Houston ... had 80-yard performance against Southern Miss ... also had TD receptions versus Tulane and ECU. 2001: Caught 14 passes for 236 yards and two touchdowns as a true freshman ... had 10 catches for 184 yards over last three games of the season ... had three receptions for 73 yards and one touchdown against TCU ... had a 52-yard reception in that game, his longest of the season ... had a season high four catches for 75 yards against Pittsburgh ... saw action in nine games, starting three ... also used as a kick returner. HIGH SCHOOL: Attended Saint James Island High School where he was twice named all-state and twice tabbed all-Low Country ... broke school's career receiving records ... was listed among top receivers nationally by Rivals.com ... coached by Reed Charpia ... also participated in baseball and wrestling at James Island and won a pair of state titles in the latter sport. PERSONAL: Born Nov. 2, 1981 at James Island, S.C. ... son of Joenethia White ... a sociology major.

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Reggie Brown

Position:
WR

College:
Georgia

HEIGHT 6'1"
WEIGHT 197
40 TIME 4.5

http://img125.exs.cx/img125/6286/rbrown4lk.jpg

Pros: Has great natural talent, decent size, good speed. Knows how to go up and take the ball away from a defender.
Cons: Doesn't seem to always give 100%, concentration must improve. Needs to commit himself to being the best, if a coach can get in his head he'd be great.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
High School: Carrollton...1998USA Today All-USA First Team and Georgia Player of the Year...Parade Magazine All-America Team....Super Prep All-American...Atlanta Journal-Constitution 1998 All-Classification Player of the Year, Class AA Offensive Player of the Year, Top 50 in Georgia, Super Southern 100, 1997 and 1998 All-State Team, and 1998 Super Eleven...1997 and 1998 Georgia Sports Writers Association All-State Team...Macon Telegraph Sweet 16...1998 CarrolltonTimes Georgian All-Area Player of the Year.....Deep South Recruiting Guide Georgia Player of the Year....Georgia High School Magazine Magnificent Seven...over his four year career Brown's Trojans compiled a record of 50-6, three semi-final appearances, two state title game appearances and the 1998 Class AA State Championship...made 62 catches for 1,046 yards and 10 touchdowns during his senior year.......four year letter winner for basketball team that won three consecutive 6AA Region championships during his sophomore, junior and senior seasons, winning at least 26 games each year...led track and field team to two Class AA state titles sophomore and junior seasons...set all-time Georgia high school long jump record of 24'9?f as a sophomore...High School Coach: Ben Scott. College: 2000 -- Played in 10 games during season catching 13 passes for 143 yards and one TD...one of four true freshman to play in season openers vs. Georgia Southern catching four passes for 56 yards....caught 40-yard TD pass vs. Kentucky....played in Georgia's 37-14 victory over Virginia in the 2000 Oahu Bowl.... 2001 --Solid spring....listed as number two FLK at conclusion of spring drills...was off to a hot start at flanker, catching six balls in Georgia's first three games, with a 23.6 yards-per-return average on kick returns...torn ACL suffered during Arkansas game left him sidelined for the remainder of season...had three grabs for 18 yards vs. Arkansas and a 35-yard kick return... 2002 -- Missed most of spring drills during rehab for knee surgery.....listed as number two FLK at conclusion of spring drills....played in all 14 games including four starts....five receptions for 52 yards vs. Kentucky.....member of team that won Georgia's first SEC championship in 20 years, defeated FSU for Nokia Sugar Bowl title, set school record for most victories in a season (13), and finished with a final national ranking of No. 3.......part of offense that finished as the SEC's top scoring offense (32.14) and passing efficiency offense (138.91). 2003 -- Caught four passes for 78 yards in annual spring G-Day game....listed as number two SE at conclusion of spring drills.....starter in 11 of 13 games played.....the Bulldogs' leading receiver in receptions (44) and receiving yards (563).....also has rushed three times for 64 yards, including a 35-yard scamper on a reverse against LSU in the SEC Championship game.....Georgia's special teams captain for the Middle Tennessee game.... collected seven receptions for 104 yards and two TDs against the Gamecocks en route to earning CBS Player of the Game honors.....sidelined for the Alabama game with an injured hamstring.....topped the 1,000-yard career receiving yardage plateau with two receptions for 55 yards against LSU in the SEC Championship game.....led team in receiving in 34-27 Capital One Bowl overtime victory over Purdue (5 receptions, 99 yards, 1 TD).....part of Georgia team that won 32 games from 2001-03 and ranked among the top five teams nationally in winning percentage during that time.... 2004 -- Missed most of spring drills..... Caught four passes for 86 yards and a touchdown vs. Vanderbilt...made six catches for 83 yards and rushed once for eight yards vs. Tennessee...posted a career-best 110 yards on five catches, and tied a career best with two touchdowns vs. LSU...recorded three catches for 43 yards against and made three key blocks vs. Marshall...caught five passes for 68 yards and the game-winning touchdown at South Carolina...tallied four receptions for 87 yards including a 43-yard touchdown catch vs. Georgia Southern...averaged 21.8 yards per catch...rushed once for 14 yards. Major: Child and Family Development.

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 09:26 PM
ok i found the QB/WR u were talkign aboutm Iron here he is.

JerseySTEEL
03-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Matt Jones

Position:
WR

College:
Arkansas

HEIGHT 6'6"
WEIGHT 230
40 TIME 4.4 he ran a 4.34 in the combine

http://img181.exs.cx/img181/6429/jones1aj.jpg

Pros: Extremely athletic, great runner. All out competitor, wants to win.
Cons: Has switched position from QB to WR this offseason, still very raw at the position.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
OUTLOOK: One of the most exciting quarterbacks in the nation, he is the only returning starter for the Razorbacks on offense in 2004. He has garnered 1,917 career rushing yards leaving him just 367 yards shy of former Mississippi State signal caller John Bond (2,280) for the SEC record for rushing yards by a quarterback. He has been the winning quarterback in the two longest games in NCAA football history. He is a preseason second-team All-SEC pick by the Birmingham News and a third-team pick by Phil Steele?s College Football. He is also rated as the seventh-best all-purpose back in the country by Lindy?s.

2003-04 (Basketball): He played in 17 games with 10 starts and averaged 5.0 points and 4.5 rebounds, tying for second on the team. He led the team in scoring once, in assists once and in rebounding four times, and he scored in double digits three times. In his first game, against North Texas (1/3), he had two points, two rebounds, two assists with no turnovers and a blocked shot in 11 minutes. He played three days after leading UA to a 27-14 win over Missouri in the Independence Bowl. He had two points and a blocked shot against Ole Miss (1/17). At Auburn (1/21), he had four points and two rebounds. In the win over No. 22 Vanderbilt (1/24), he had four points and a career-high six rebounds. Against Auburn (2/4), he had 11 points on four-of-five shooting, and added two assists and three steals. At LSU (2/7), he made seven-of-11 shots and recorded his first double-double with team highs of 14 points and 10 rebounds. At Tennessee (2/11), he had seven points, seven rebounds and seven assists with no turnovers. Against No. 6 Mississippi State, he had nine points, 10 rebounds, four assists and three steals. He had four points and a game-high nine rebounds at No. 9 Kentucky (2/18). Against Florida (2/28), he had six points, six rebounds, four steals, one block and one assist. He had 10 points and a game-high matching eight rebounds, along with two assists and a steal in 42 minutes against Alabama (3/3). In the SEC Tournament against South Carolina (3/11), he had two points, one assist and one steal with no rebounds in 16 minutes.

HIGH SCHOOL CAREER: The preseason McDonald?s High School All-American was ranked No. 31 nationally among quarterbacks by Rivals100.com and named the No. 13 quarterback/super athlete in the nation by Max Emfinger after sprinting a 40 in 4.4 seconds. He completed 62-of-137 passes for 830 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior and earned 939 yards and 13 touchdowns on 105 rushing attempts. He was ranked in the top five in the state in punt returns and was named to All-Arkansas and all-state teams. He played at Northside High School in Fort Smith, Ark., as a senior after spending the rest of his prep career at Van Buren (Ark.) High School. He split time as a junior between quarterback and wide receiver, earning 520 yards and five touchdowns on 22 catches. He was a finalist for McDonald?s All-American honors in basketball. As a junior in basketball, he broke former UA All-American basketball player Corliss Williamson?s conference record for season scoring average (24.5 points per game). He was also recruited by Miami (Fla.), Oklahoma and Tennessee.

INSIDE INFORMATION: What former Razorback did you grow up admiring the most and why? ?J.J. Meadors. He was small but played with a big heart.? What was the food you hated to eat the most as a child and will you eat it now? ?Tomatoes. No.? Name an offensive and a defensive player you feel will have a huge season: ?Jared Hicks and Clarke Moore.? With the new weight room being completed, what is your impression of UA?s athletic facilities? ?They are the best in the nation.?

PERSONAL: Born April 22, 1983, he is the son of Steve and Paula Jones. His father played football at Ouachita Baptist University. He was a member of the 2002 and 2003 SEC Academic Honor Rolls. He was a member of the 2001-02 and 2002-03 Lon Farrell Academic Honor Rolls. He is enrolled in the College of Education and Health Professions and is majoring in middle school education.

CAREER STATS:

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA TD INT SACK RAT ATT YDS AVG TD

2004 151 264 2073 57.2 7.9 15 12 11 132.8 83 622 7.5 6

2003 132 230 1917 57.4 8.3 18 7 6 147.1 96 707 7.4 8

2002 122 234 1592 52.1 6.8 16 8 20 125.0 129 614 4.8 5

2001 12 27 275 44.4 10.2 4 3 2 156.7 74 616 8.3 5

BlitzburghRockCity
03-07-2005, 01:17 AM
Damn 6'6" , 230 !!! yeah, I'd take him..he'll he's bigger than Plax!!! :cool:

JerseySTEEL
03-07-2005, 12:13 PM
hes faster to fana 4.30 in 40 , and i would say has better hands ill try and find some video of this guy.

clevestinks
03-07-2005, 02:22 PM
Saw Vincent Jackson on the NFL combine show, NFL Network, I think he moved up in the draft after his combine. Very smooth for a player with his size.

JerseySTEEL
03-07-2005, 04:42 PM
ya the kid rana 4.55 in 40 .

JerseySTEEL
03-07-2005, 06:58 PM
gonna start picking a position and player of the day , lol iam bored.

JerseySTEEL
03-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Kay-Jay Harris

Position:
RB

College:
West Virginia

HEIGHT 6'2"
WEIGHT 245
40 TIME 4.53

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/773/harris3es.jpg

Pros: Big man with good speed, can get outside and fly or take the ball inside and run you over. Great vision, passion for the game.
Cons: Will get overlooked in a deep RB class, is older (4 years in the minors). With a little time could be really good.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
Physical running back with great vision ... big, fast runner who has worked to become a more durable ball carrier ... plenty of big-play potential ... 96 yards rushing with two scores in Gold-Blue spring game ... missed one week of spring drills with a concussion ... backed up Quincy Wilson at tailback in 2003, rushing for 524 yards and four scores ... a deep man on kick returns and plays on the kickoff and hands teams ... took first carry six yards for a score against East Carolina ... finished that contest with 78 yards rushing on just eight carries, including a 43-yard gain through traffic ... 22 yards on five carries against Cincinnati ... 34 yards on four carries at Maryland, including a 13-yard TD ... turned a pass from Marshall into an 84-yard gain at Miami, being pushed out at the UM one ... that was the longest non-scoring pass in WVU history by 16 yards ... also totaled 122 yards on kick returns and rushed for 28 more vs. the Hurricanes ... 29 yards rushing in Rutgers win ... 77 yards in win over Virginia Tech, including a long gain of 18 and a 7-yard TD that was WVU?s first score ... 61 yards in UCF win ... 115 all-purpose yards in the Pitt win ... 46-yard TD run in the Temple victory where he dodged six defenders ... 56 yards on six carries in Gator Bowl, including a 30-yard gain ... Hammer Award: Pitt ... rushed for 2,087 yards and 20 touchdowns in two seasons at Garden City (Kan.) Community College ... all-Jayhawk Conference runner for Coach Bob Larson at GCCC ... all-county selection at Tampa Bay Tech for Coach John Colbert ... won four state long jump titles with a best jump of 24'7" ... played Class A baseball for three seasons in the Texas Rangers? organization before starting junior college ... born March 27, 1979 ... son of Delores Harris and Peggy and Keith Akins ... majoring in athletic coaching education

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 03:31 PM
ok after our picking uo a Wr in FA heres 3 major TEs i think we can pick up. i wont be adding heath miller simnce i alrdy have him up.and hes still a poss of gettign him.

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 03:32 PM
ok after our picking uo a Wr in FA heres 3 major TEs i think we can pick up. i wont be adding heath miller simnce i alrdy have him up.and hes still a poss of getting him.

BlitzburghRockCity
03-08-2005, 03:51 PM
I wonder if Colbert and Cowher will go with size and blocking ability, like w/ bruener, or try and get a more rounded TE, like Tuman, who can do it all well.

Past tradition says they'll go for blocking first, since u know how many times Bruener caught the ball in the last several years of his career.. atleast w/ Tuman though, alot of his catches are TD's !! :bouncy:

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Alex Smith

Position:
TE

College:
Stanford

HEIGHT 6'5"
WEIGHT 245
40 TIME 4.80

http://img80.exs.cx/img80/9251/smith0uo.jpg

Pros: Has good size, is a solid route runner, doesn't drop many balls. Can do damage after the catch.
Cons: Needs to toughen up and become a better blocker.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
At Stanford: An honors candidate in 2004, Alex returns for his fifth season at Stanford as one of the top tight ends in the Pacific-10 Conference ... He has started the last 21 games for Stanford over the past two years and has proven to be a quality receiver and one of the team's top offensive threats ... His numbers compare to the best tight ends in school history ... He enters the '04 season with 55 career receptions for 585 yards and five touchdowns ... He is one of the most prolific tights ends at Stanford over the past 25 years and by the time the 2004 season concludes, his name could appear on top of the record book for receptions by a tight end ... He is one of the team's most valuable offensive weapons and will play a key role in Stanford's offensive success in 2004.

The 2003 Season: One of two starting tight ends for the Cardinal, Alex started all 11 games and was the team's third leading receiver (24 receptions, 185 yards) ... He was tied for the team lead with three touchdown receptions ... He was named honorable mention All-Pac-10 and honorable mention Academic All-Pac-10 ... Had three receptions for 42 yards and two touchdowns against Washington ... He scored the game's first TD on a 12-yard pass from Trent Edwards, then scored his second TD on an 18-yard pass from Edwards in the second quarter, which tied the game at 14-14 ... In the Cardinal's 38-27 win over Arizona State, Alex caught a team-high six passes for 49 yards and one TD, that coming on an 11-yard pass from QB Chris Lewis ... Alex also had four receptions for 38 yards in Stanford's win over UCLA ... Had three catches for 35 yards against USC.

The 2002 Season: Started the final 10 games of the season at tight end after starter Brett Pierce was lost for the year in the season opener at Boston College ... Alex came on to have an outstanding season as he caught 30 passes for 380 yards and two touchdowns ... Stanford's second leading receiver behind Teyo Johnson ... His 30 receptions was the most by a Cardinal tight end since Tony Cline had 35 in 1994 ... Earned honorable mention Academic All-Pac-10 honors ... Had a career day on October 19 in Stanford's 16-6 win over Arizona ... He had eight receptions for 120 yards and one touchdown ... He caught a 12-yard scoring pass from Chris Lewis for the game's only touchdown ... Also had a 27-yard catch in that game ... Season best 43-yard reception against Arizona State ... Had three games in which he caught four passes: San Jose State (4-55), Washington State (4-44) and California (4-41) ... Caught a 10-yard scoring pass from Lewis in Stanford's 63-26 win over San Jose State.

The 2001 Season: Played on special teams, and as a backup at tight end ... Caught one pass in 2001, a 20-yarder from Chris Lewis against UCLA ... Registered five tackles on special teams ... Earned his first varsity letter.

The 2000 Season: Redshirted the season as a true freshman.

In High School: The SuperPrep First-Team All-American was one of the top tight end prospects in the nation ... PrepStar named him to its All-Midlands Team ... First-Team All-State and All-Centennial League following his senior season ... After catching 12 balls for 207 yards and two TDs as a junior, caught 35 passes for 357 yards and four touchdowns as a senior ... Helped Mullen High School win the Colorado 5A Championship as a junior ... Three-year varsity letterwinner in basketball and four-year letterwinner in track ... Named Honorable Mention All-Colorado and First-Team All-League in basketball as a senior ...Earned All-League and All-State recognition as a junior in basketball ... Competed in track in the high jump and 400-meters ... Placed eighth in the state in the high jump as a senior at 6-foot-5 ... Nominee for the Fred Steinmark Award for Colorado Athlete of the Year ... Member of the National Honor Society and the Spanish National Honor Society ... Selected to receive a Kappa Alpha Psi Scholarship, and a finalist for the Scahs Foundation Scholarship.

Personal Information: Born May 22, 1982 ... Economics major ... Father, Edwin, played for the Denver Broncos from 1973-76.

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 04:08 PM
Joel Dreessen

Position:
TE

College:
Colorado State

HEIGHT 6'4"
WEIGHT 260
40 TIME 4.69

http://img187.exs.cx/img187/2997/dreessen2oo.jpg

Pros: Has good size and speed, works hard to finish his blocks. Is a solid receiving threat, improving in all aspects of his game.
Cons: Needs to keep improving all-around, doesn't have the polish some of the others ahead of him do.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
2003 (Junior): Named to John Mackey preseason watch list...second-team all-conference...third on team with 29 receptions, 323 yards and three touchdowns...caught career-most seven passes at UNLV for 32 yards and game-winning three-yard score with :57 to play...started 30 games in a row before missing four games due to injury...caught four passes for career-most 93 yards and a touchdown against Miami...caught two passes for 92 yards including an 85-yard catch-and-run touchdown at Cal, tying for the second longest scoring play in school history, and longest ever by a tight end...had five receptions for 42 yards in opening game with Colorado. 2002 (Sophomore): Named to 2002 preseason Lombardi Award list...named to MWC All-Academic team with 3.32 grade point average...starter in all 14 games...third on the team with 29 receptions for 340 yards and two touchdowns...had longest consecutive games streak, 22, with at least one reception including all 14 games in 2002...caught three passes to match season high at San Diego State...his only reception at Nevada was 34-yard game-winning touchdown....was opening-game starter at Virginia...caught three passes for 37 yards, one shy of his career high...handled long-snapping duties for the second year in a row. 2001 (Freshman): Earned team Academic Achievement Award for dedication in the classroom...Named Academic All-MWC...honorable mention all-league in 2001...tied for second on the team with 22 receptions, for 205 yards and two touchdowns...started all 11 regular season games and New Orleans Bowl...twice, including opening game against Colorado and at Wyoming, caught four passes in a game...also played on special teams as the Rams? long snapper on punts and placements. 2000: Redshirted...named winner of scout team award for his practice efforts. Fort Morgan: One of the state?s top prep performers as a senior...earned four varsity letter awards each in football and track...played tight end and defensive end for the Mustangs? football team and ran the 110-meter high hurdles in track...led Fort Morgan to Class 4A state title...first-team all-conference performer as a junior and senior...named all-state as a senior and also named to All-Colorado team...earned academic all-state honors as a junior and senior...played for coach Rick Kahl. Personal: Born July 26, 1982 in Ida Grove, Iowa...son of Linda and Gary Dreessen of Fort Morgan...has one brother and one sister...his older brother, Jason, played football at the University of Wyoming and is now an assistant strength and conditioning coach at Colorado State...full name: Joel Clifford Dreessen

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 04:12 PM
Ben Hall

Position:
TE

College:
Clemson

HEIGHT 6'5"
WEIGHT 260
40 TIME 4.65
there syaing this could could go late and can be anice steal for a team say if we wanted to drat def first .

http://img233.exs.cx/img233/7332/hall6tr.jpg

Pros: Very good run blocker that uses size to his advantage. Has very good speed for a TE and is capable of the big play. Attacks the seam well. Could be a steal for a patient team.
Cons: Hall is an underacheiver considering his being so highly touted coming to Clemson. Only started his Senior year. Makes mistakes due to lack of experience playing consistently until this year.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
Hall Fact: Only Tiger who has caught at least one pass in each of the last three bowl games. Years Lettered: 2001,02,03 Bowl Participation: Starting tight end in the 2001 Humanitarian Bowl against Louisiana Tech and the 2002 Tangerine Bowl against Texas Tech; reserve tight end in the 2004 Peach Bowl against #6 Tennessee. Fall 2004 Depth Chart Position: First-team tight end Overview: Veteran tight end won the starting job over junior Bobby Williamson after an intense spring battle...the two will continue to fight for playing time this fall, but it gives Clemson outstanding depth at the position...has five career touchdown receptions, including at least one in every season he has played...has 23 career receptions in his 37 games...has had a touchdown catch in two bowl games and at least one catch in each of the three bowl games he has played...has improved his strength every year he has been with the Tiger program...has a 36" vertical, an incredible mark for someone of his size...the Tiger coaching staff raved about his improved blocking in the spring...had two catches for 30 yards during the April 3 scrimmage...had two catches in the Spring Game...cited by the football coaches and strength coaches as the most improved player at his position this year...ranked as the sixth-best tight end in the nation by Phil Steele entering the 2004 season. 2003: Had just three receptions, but one was a 39-yard touchdown catch at South Carolina; he outran the Gamecock secondary, showing his tremendous athleticism and ability to run after the catch...had a key fourth-down grab at N.C. State...had a catch in the Peach Bowl against #6 Tennessee...played in 12 of the 13 games; he missed the Duke game due to injury...played 184 total snaps at tight end; he played double figures in all but one game. 2002: Clemson's starting tight end; he started seven of the 13 games and had 12 catches for 160 yards...had two catches for 15 yards in the Tangerine Bowl against Texas Tech, including a 10-yard touchdown catch; started and played 23 snaps in that game...played 356 snaps; he missed parts of games due to injury, but never missed a game completely...had four more catches than he had as a first-year freshman when he made some freshman All-America teams...had his top game of the season at Florida State when he had three catches for 69 yards...that included a 41-yard pass from Willie Simmons that set up a score; that is still the longest reception of his Clemson career...had two catches in the win over Georgia Tech and the win at Duke. 2001: Caught three scoring passes to set a Clemson record for a freshman tight end; one of those was a five-yard scoring catch against Louisiana Tech in the Humanitarian Bowl...had scoring receptions against N.C. State and Wake Forest; both scores were important in a pair of close Clemson road wins...had three catches for 39 yards at N.C. State for his most productive game...solid blocker; he had pair of 80-percent grades against N.C. State and North Carolina...had an 18-yard catch in his first game as a Tiger against Central Florida...averaged 20 plays per game for the year with a high of 30 snaps against Wofford and Virginia; received a 100-percent effort grade from the coaches in those games against the Terriers and Cavaliers. Before Clemson: #1 tight end prospect in the nation by Max Emfinger and USA Today...ranked among USA Today's top 125 players in the nation...ranked as the #3 tight end prospect in the nation by Rivals100.com; a four-star player by that service...had 42 catches for 735 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior for Bobby Bentley at Byrnes High...ranked as the #6 overall player in South Carolina by Mickey Plyler and #9 player by SuperPrep...also a Student Sports All-American; he ranked as the third-best tight end in the nation by that service...a Shrine Bowl selection...beat Spartanburg High and Gaffney High for first time ever...all-region as a junior and senior...all-state as a senior...also all-region in basketball as a center...a high jumper (6'5") and long jumper on the track team...had 25 catches for 410 yards and eight scores...all-state selection as a senior...chose Clemson over Alabama, South Carolina, and Tulane...born Benjamin R. Hall on July 27, 1982...majoring in human resource development.

clevestinks
03-08-2005, 04:56 PM
jersey you definitley you do your homework

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 05:24 PM
lol its one ofn the first years iam realy gettign into the offseason since hockey isnt on lol.

JerseySTEEL
03-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Fabian Washington

Position:
CB

College:
Nebraska

HEIGHT 5'11"
WEIGHT 180
40 TIME this kid ran a 4.25 in the combine u cnat get any faster then this kid.

http://img62.exs.cx/img62/6284/washington1eq.jpg

Pros: Has posted good numbers, 3 year starter. Good speed, playmaker.
Cons: Still needs to refine his coverage techniques, has a lot of potential to be better than he is.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
2004 Preseason No. 1 Cornerback in Big 12 (Sporting News) 2004 Preseason No. 6 Cornerback in Nation (Sporting News) 2004 Preseason No. 17 Cornerback in Nation (Lindy's) 2003 Third-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches) 2003 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (AP) 2002 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches) 2002 Second-Team Freshman All-American (The Sporting News) Nebraska Freshman Record for PBU (13 in 2002) and Interceptions in a Season (Four in 2002) 2002 First-Team Freshman All-Big 12 (The Sporting News) 2004 Outlook Cornerback Fabian Washington has established himself as one of the top cover men in the Big 12 during his first two years at Nebraska. This season Washington is slated to start at left corner for the third straight year and will look to become a dominant shut-down corner in one of the nation's most talented secondaries. Washington has played in 26 games with 24 starts in his first two seasons in Lincoln and started all 13 games at left cornerback last season. Blessed with excellent speed, the 5-11, 180-pound Washington had a strong off-season in the weight room where he added muscle to match up with larger receivers. The Florida native is a key reason why the Husker secondary is regarded as one of the nation's best units entering the 2004 season. The four projected starters in the secondary have made a combined 61 career starts and have accounted for 27 interceptions and 45 pass breakups. Washington made 55 tackles in 2003 to rank seventh on the team and second among defensive backs. He led the team in pass breakups for the second straight year with 10 deflections, and enters his junior season with 23 career breakups to rank fifth on the Husker charts. Washington picked off four passes for the second straight year and his eight career interceptions place him just outside the school's career top 10 list. His efforts last season helped Nebraska lead the nation with 32 interceptions and also top the country in pass efficiency defense. Washington's effort in Nebraska's defensive success last season was recognized, with his selection as honorable-mention All-Big 12 by the Associated Press and third-team all-league by the conference coaches. As a true freshman, Washington played in 13 games in 2003 with 11 starts, including the final nine games at left cornerback. He finished with 49 tackles (34 solo) and led the team with a Husker freshman-record 13 pass breakups. He tied for the team lead with four interceptions, also a school freshman record. 2003 (Sophomore) Washington started all 13 games at left corner and made 55 tackles, including 36 solos. His 10 pass breakups led the team and his four interceptions tied for second behind Josh Bullocks' school-record 10 picks. He opened the year with a career-high 11 tackles in Nebraska's 17-7 win over Oklahoma State. He helped limit OSU All-American Rashaun Woods to just five catches for 47 yards. Washington had a dominant game in an 18-10 victory over Penn State, with a team-high nine tackles, including a pair of tackles for loss. He nabbed his first interception of the season, had two breakups and added a quarterback hurry. Washington made his second interception of the year in Nebraska's shutout of Troy State, and also recovered a fumble in the game. His third pick of the year and seventh of his career came against Texas A&M, one of eight Husker takeaways on the afternoon. Washington made eight tackles in NU?s loss at Texas, forced a fumble and had a tackle for loss. He picked off his fourth pass of the season in the Alamo Bowl win over Michigan State. In addition to the Penn State game, Washington also broke up two passes against Southern Miss and Iowa State. 2002 (Freshman) Washington emerged as a playmaker in 2002, setting NU freshman records for pass breakups (13) and interceptions (4). His play earned him second-team freshman All-America honors from The Sporting News. He also earned honorable-mention All-Big 12 honors from the conference coaches. Washington played in 13 games with 11 starts, including the final nine games as Nebraska's top left cornerback. He returned his four interceptions a total of 35 yards, including a 29-yard interception return for a touchdown in his Nebraska debut against Arizona State, when he also had a pair of pass breakups. Washington made 49 tackles on the season, including 34 solo stops and finished the season with five games with five or more tackles. He picked off two passes at Iowa State, and added four tackles and forced a fumble in the game. The performance against ISU moved him into the starting lineup. He made six tackles and recovered a fumble at Oklahoma State, followed by seven tackles and a career-high three pass breakups at Texas A&M. He capped his rookie campaign with a season-high eight stops, including six solos, against Ole Miss in the Independence Bowl. He also had two breakups against the Rebels, the fourth time in 2002 that he broke up two or more passes. Washington was one of five true freshmen to play for Nebraska in 2002, but was the only defender in the group. Before Nebraska (Bayshore HS) Washington was a SuperPrep All-American and was widely regarded as the top defensive back to come out of Florida in 2001. Washington was a standout cornerback and return man for Coach Raymond Woodie at Bayshore High School in Bradenton, Fla., the same hometown as former Husker quarterback Tommie Frazier, who attended Manatee. Former Husker cornerback Leslie Dennis also hailed from Bradenton (Southeast HS) and was Washington?s position coach at Bayshore. Washington totaled 60 tackles with 14 pass breakups and four interceptions as a senior. He scored 10 touchdowns, including five on kick returns. He had three picks and 12 PBU as a junior. He was a four-year starter at corner, a two-year starter at wide receiver and served as the backup quarterback. Washington earned first-team all-state honors as a senior from the Florida High School Coaches Association. Washington also played small forward for his basketball team and placed third in the state in the 100 meters as a junior and was the district champ as a senior. Personal The son of Chandra Washington, Fabian was born on June 9, 1983. He chose Nebraska after also visiting Auburn, Iowa, North Carolina and Michigan State. Washington is majoring in sociology.

ironcitychef
03-09-2005, 07:33 AM
Jersey great stuff. By the way you should enter into the do the draft with Kiper on ESPN when it comes up. I'd vote for you. Plax said he would play for a team with a good QB, RB, WRs and a good TE. Maybe we draft one of these guys and he reconsiders. On second thought...

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 11:01 AM
they have somthign like that wow i wnat in lol.

JerseySTEEL
03-09-2005, 11:16 AM
player of the day

Barrett Ruud

Position:
MLB

College:
Nebraska

HEIGHT 6'2"
WEIGHT 240
40 TIME 4.65

http://img91.exs.cx/img91/3271/barrettruud7is.jpg

Pros: Has the size and speed you look for, and a fiery demeanor and great knowledge of the game to go with it. Has the ability to step in and start on opening day.
Cons: Doesn't have the raw talent of Crowder, but will be very good.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
2004 Preseason First-Team All-American (Blue Ribbon) 2004 Preseason Honorable-Mention All-American (Street & Smith's) 2004 Preseason First-Team All-Big 12 (Athlon Sports, Lindy's, Street & Smith's) 2004 Preseason No. 1 ILB in Big 12 (Sporting News) 2004 Preseason No. 10 ILB in Nation (Lindy's) 2004 Preseason No. 12 ILB in Nation (Sporting News) 2003 Second-Team All-Big 12 (Associated Press, FW Star-Telegram, Dallas Morning News) 2003 Third-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches) Two-Time First-Team Academic All-Big 12 (2002, 2003) 2003 Butkus Award Watch List 2003 Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week (Texas A&M) Nebraska Season Record for Tackles (149 in 2003) 2002 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches) 2001 Second-Team Freshman All-American (Sporting News) Three-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll (2002, 2003, 2004) 2002 Big 12 Commissioner's Fall Honor Roll

2004 Outlook Senior linebacker Barrett Ruud (pronounced RUDE) is set for his third season as Nebraska starting Mike linebacker and the anchor of the Blackshirt defense. Ruud had a solid sophomore year in 2002, but exploded last fall to produce one of the finest seasons ever by a Husker defender. He is primed to contend for conference and national honors this fall under the direction of first-year defensive coordinator Kevin Cosgrove.

Ruud is a physical run-stopper who also boasts excellent speed for his position, allowing him to make plays from sideline to sideline. The 6-2, 240-pounder has shown the skill and agility to drop into pass coverage when needed. The Lincoln Southeast graduate will be asked to take a strong leadership role this fall. Ruud is one of just two seniors among Nebraska's six returning defensive starters and he will be counted on to provide stability to a linebacking corps that lost outside linebackers Demorrio Williams and T.J. Hollowell to graduation.

Ruud showed the ability to dominate in 2003, with a NU season-record 149 tackles, breaking the previous record of 141, set by Lee Kunz in 1977. His standout junior season moved Ruud near the top of the Nebraska career tackle list. Entering his senior year, Ruud ranks second on the Husker charts with 289 career tackles, just 53 behind career leader Jerry Murtaugh, who had 342 tackles from 1968 to 1970.

Ruud was rewarded for his standout play last season. A preseason member of the Butkus Award watch list, Ruud was a second-team All-Big 12 selection by the Associated Press, Fort Worth Star-Telegram and Dallas Morning News, and a third-team pick by the league coaches. Ruud was also honored for his work in the classroom, as he was named a first-team academic All-Big 12 selection for the second consecutive year. He carries a 3.329 cumulative grade-point average in business management and will be a contender for academic All-America honors this fall. Ruud is scheduled to graduate in May of 2005.

The Ruud family has a long history with Nebraska football. Barrett's father, Tom (1972-73-74) played for Nebraska, as did two of his uncles (Bob Martin, John Ruud) and his great-grandfather, Clarence Swanson. Barrett?s younger brother, Bo, is redshirt freshman Sam linebacker for the Huskers, and the siblings could possibly line up alongside each other this season.

2003 (Junior) Ruud started all 13 games at middle linebacker as a junior and made a school-record 149 tackles, including 78 unassisted stops. He recorded double figures in tackles nine times, including seven of the season's final eight games. Ruud recorded 14 or more tackles in each of the final four regular-season contests, including a career-high 17 stops at Texas and 16 in NU's victory at Colorado. Ruud finished the season tied for seventh nationally in total tackles.

In addition to his 149 total tackles, Ruud finished second on the team to Demorrio Williams in tackles for loss (14-39) and quarterback hurries (11), and ranked third on the team in sacks (2.5-21). He also forced a team-high four fumbles, and recovered three others, including a 15-yard return for a touchdown in NU's 17-7 season-opening win over No. 24 Oklahoma State.

An agile player for his position, Ruud was strong in pass coverage. He intercepted a pass against Texas A&M and returned the pick 27 yards for his second touchdown of the season, and also broke up five passes. The interception for a touchdown against A&M was part of Nebraska's school-record eight takeaways in the 48-12 rout. Ruud also had 10 tackles, a sack and a fumble caused in the contest and was named Big 12 Defensive Player of the Week. He was a key figure in a Husker defense that ranked in the top 15 nationally in four statistical categories, including 11th in total defense, first in pass efficiency defense and second in scoring defense. The Blackshirts also finished second nationally in takeaways with 47, pacing NU to a nation-best +1.77 turnover margin.

ironcitychef
03-10-2005, 12:12 AM
Alright enough with the blues...give me the guy from Tusculum or Wisc. - Stevens Point. You know we gotta have those guys on our team.

JerseySTEEL
03-10-2005, 01:43 AM
lol ok ok but anyoen specific u wnat give me a name hehe.

ironcitychef
03-11-2005, 12:16 AM
actually I'm looking for late round value on both sides of line? I won't hold it against you for accuracy, but I just need some names to watch for when I'm watching hour # 20 of the draft.

JerseySTEEL
03-11-2005, 06:14 AM
u u lookign for like 4-7th rounders?

JerseySTEEL
03-11-2005, 06:22 AM
well since ppl are talking RB's for us in the later rounds here ya go.

Brandon Jacobs

Position:
RB

College:
Southern Illinois

HEIGHT 6'4"
WEIGHT 260
40 TIME 4.50

http://img99.exs.cx/img99/3841/jacobs1nt.jpg

Pros: The guy is huge, strong, runs hard, good speed for a big RB.
Cons: Fair to average blocker, not an elusive runner, takes a lot of hits.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
Perhaps the most highly touted transfer in school history...Rated by some NFL scouts among the top five senior tailbacks available for the 2004 Draft...Runs a 4.5 40-yard dash...His Coffeyville Community College connections were a factor in his decision to transfer from Auburn to SIU. Prior to SIU Played the 2003 season at Auburn and rushed for 446 yards and three TDs and a team-high 6.2 yard average...Piled up 182 yards on 31 carries against Mississippi State and 103 yards on 10 carries against Western Kentucky...Caught one pass on the season for 34 yards...Played at Coffeyville Community College in 2002 and rushed for 1,899 yards, 20 TDs and a 7.1 yard average...Named JUCO All-American and Kansas Jayhawk Community College All-Conference...In 2001 at CCC, rushed for 1,349 yards and 17 TDs en route to all-conference honors. High School As a senior, rushed for 3,022 yards and 38 touchdowns, averaging 8.6 yards per carry...Also returned eight kicks for touchdowns...Led team to the 4A state semifinals...USAToday.com All-America Team...Orlando Sentinel All-Southern Team...Most Valuable Offensive Player of the Class 4A all-state team...PrepStar All-Region...Louisiana High School Coaches Association Football All-Star...As a junior rushed for 1,783 yards and 18 touchdowns and caught three passes for 50 yards and a touchdown...Rushed for 233 yards on 26 carries and scored a touchdown in the Tri-Parish All-Star Game...Also played basketball. Worth Knowing Born July 6, 1982...Son of Janice Jacobs...Guardian is Diane Cheavious..Majoring in sociology.

iam saying 5-6th rounder here.hes being oevr looked since hes so tall.

JerseySTEEL
03-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Chris Canty

Position:
DE

College:
Virginia

HEIGHT 6'6"
WEIGHT 290
40 TIME 5.0

http://img239.exs.cx/img239/6758/criscanty5mp.jpg

Pros: Great size, quick, great as a run stopper. Improving against the pass.
Cons: Injuries are the big concern, status may rise or fall at workouts depending upon what his knee can handle.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
2004 HONORS WATCH: Lombardi Award candidate ... All-America candidate ... All-ACC candidate.

AT VIRGINIA: 2004-- Opened the season with a team-best nine tackles in the win at Temple ... also recorded two tackles for loss and a sack against the Owls ... defensive line leader who made four tackles in the win over North Carolina ...half of his tackles occurred in the backfield ... made a team-leading 10 tackles in the 51-0 shutout of Akron ... had a quarterback sack for a loss of nine yards and two other tackles for loss ... helped the defense hold Akron to just 84 yards of total offense, the fewest yards allowed by UVa since 1979 ... team leader with 23 tackles, including 19 solo, after three games ... also leads the team with six tackles for loss ... defensive line leader who was leading ACC defensive linemen in tackling when he was lost for the season due to a knee injury suffered against Syracuse.

* * * WORTH NOTING: Lombardi Award and All-America candidate ... joins Elton Brown, Heath Miller and Brennan Schmidt as UVa's team captains this season ... underrated defensive end ... led ACC defensive linemen in tackling for the second year in a row last year and was the only lineman ranked in the top 20 ...averaged 8.0 tackles per game, second on the team ...second-team All-ACC for the second year in a row last season ...became the first UVa defensive lineman to be a first- or second-team selection in consecutive seasons since Todd White was a second-teamer in 1995-96 ...made 104 tackles last fall to become only the second lineman in school history with at least 100 in a season ... Stuart Anderson made 106 in 1981 ... his 12 tackles for loss were the most by a UVa defensive lineman since 1998 ... competing this fall as a graduate student.

HONORS: 2004--Received the Richmond Alumni Scholarship from the Virginia Athletics Foundation.

2003--Second-team All-ACC ...lineman of the year in Virginia by the Richmond Touchdown Club ... first-team All-State by Virginia Sports Information Directors Association and by the Roanoke Times ... recipient of the Ned McDonald Award as UVa's most outstanding defensive player ... All-ACC Academic ... received the Richmond Alumni Scholarship from the Virginia Athletics Foundation.

2002--Second-team All-ACC ... first-team All-ACC by CollegeFootballnews.com ... first-team All-State by Virginia Sports Information Directors Association ... second-team All-State by the Roanoke Times ... ECAC All-Star.

AT VIRGINIA: 2003--Second-team All-ACC for the second year in a row ... had a big year ... started every game at defensive end and finished as the leading tackler among defensive linemen in the ACC with a career-best 104 tackles ... was 15th in the conference with an average of 8.0 tackles per game ...was the only lineman in the top 20 ... 104 tackles are second-most by a lineman in UVa history ...second on the team in sacks (4) and tackles for loss (12) ... 12 quarterback pressures were third ... four games of 10+ tackles and three others with nine ...made at least one TFL on 10 occasions ...had seven tackles in the opener against Duke, including a sack, and three quarterback pressures ...10 tackles on the road against South Carolina ... season-high three QB pressures vs. Western Michigan ...seven tackles, including two behind the line, in a road win over North Carolina ... career-high 13 tackles in overtime loss at Clemson ... eight tackles, including six solo stops, vs. #7 Florida State and nine the next week vs. Troy State ... 10 tackles against N.C. State and 11 against Maryland in tough road losses ... nine tackles in a big win over Virginia Tech in the final regular season game ...two of his tackles were made behind the line of scrimmage ... was in on nine tackles, including one for a loss, against Pittsburgh in the Continental Tire Bowl.

2002--Impact player in his first year as a starter ... made a career-high 86 tackles and led ACC defensive linemen with an average of 7.8 tackles per game ... 16th in the conference in tackling, the only lineman in the top 25 ...reached double figures on three occasions to lead the team's linemen ... missed the first two games while recovering from a broken leg suffered during spring minicamp ... while he was out, UVa relinquished huge chunks of yardage to Colorado State and Florida State ...made his return against South Carolina and immediately made his presence felt ... entered the game for the first time with 3:04 left in the first quarter and the Gamecocks promptly went three-and-out ... on the next series, he got a sack, the first of his career ... finished with seven tackles in the upset win ... upon getting back to full strength, he made his first start of the season against Duke and had a career-high 12 stops, the most by a UVa defensive lineman during the season ...also had his second sack ...made two of his six tackles against Clemson behind the line of scrimmage ... nine stops in the comeback win over North Carolina ... helped spearhead a strong defensive effort that stymied a potent N.C. State offense ... was in on 11 tackles, his second-highest total of the season, as the Cavaliers held the Wolfpack to just 332 yards of total offense, 75 yards under their average ...turned several key plays in the upset of Maryland ... recovered a fumble deep in Maryland territory that set up a touchdown that gave UVa a 20-7 halftime lead ... 10 tackles in the regular season finale against Virginia Tech before leaving the game early in the second half due to an arm injury ... the injury kept him out of the bowl game vs. West Virginia ... earned his second letter.

2001--Saw action in every game as a reserve defensive end ... made the first start of his career at defensive tackle when team opened in a 4-3 defense against Wake Forest ... also saw some special teams action ... finished the season with 23 tackles (19 solo, 4 assists) ... had one of the best tackle ratios on the team, making a tackle every 8.7 plays ... that was third among the team's defensive players ...also broke up two passes and had three quarterback hurries ...saw his playing time increase as the season progressed ... made his first career tackle against Richmond in the second game ... had four tackles, including three solo stops, in a big win at Clemson ... made a season-high five tackles, including four solos, vs. Florida State ... tied his season high two weeks later with five stops against Wake Forest ... also broke up a pass in that game ... had three quarterback hurries, tied for third-most during the season, in the upset win over Georgia Tech ... had four tackles against Virginia Tech ... made his lone tackle vs. Penn State in the backfield ... also broke up a pass in the game ... earned first letter.

iam syaing 3-4th rounder here, may get oevr looked bc of spped and under wright for spot.

JerseySTEEL
03-11-2005, 06:39 AM
player of the day " its fixed lol since some ppl like him here u go"

Marlin Jackson

Position:
CB

College:
Michigan

HEIGHT 6'1"
WEIGHT 200
40 TIME4.40

http://img226.exs.cx/img226/8199/mjackson26uy.jpg

Pros: Great size, physical coverage techniques. Good recovery speed when he needs it.
Cons: Was switched to S as a junior, back to CB as a senior and has improved drastically there.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
At Michigan... enters 2004 as an All-Big Ten, All-America and Jim Thorpe Award candidate ... three-year letterman ... has played in 33 career games and made 27 starting assignments ... 2003 Playboy Magazine All-America ... 2002 College Football News All-America first team ... 2002 Associated Press All-America second team ... needs two stops for 150 in his career ... has contributed 148 tackles, seven tackles for loss, one sack, eight interceptions, one fumble recovery and 29 pass breakups during his career ... third place all-time at Michigan in career pass breakups ... set single game (six) and single season (18) pass breakup records in 2002 ... 2002 John F. Maulbetsch Award winner as the freshman football player after spring practice who demonstrates desire, character, capacity for leadership and future success on and off the gridiron ... switched to jersey #3 from #20 prior to 2002 season.

Senior (2004)... co-captain ... Jim Thorpe Award candidate ... started at cornerback and had three tackles vs. Miami (Sept. 4) ... started at cornerback and recorded three tackles vs. Notre Dame (Sept. 11) ... started at cornerback, recorded two tackles, forced one fumble and one PBU vs. San Diego State (Sept. 18) ... started at cornerback, recording two tackles vs. Iowa (Sept. 25) ... started at cornerback and had three tackles including one for loss vs. Indiana (Oct. 2) ...

Junior (2003)... earned third varsity letter ... played in nine contests and made seven starts ... fifth on the team with 50 tackles despite missing four-plus games ... contributed one tackle for loss, one forced fumble, one blocked field goal, two interceptions and four pass breakups ... Big Ten Preseason Defensive Player of the Year ... was a Jim Thorpe Award candidate ... did not see game action vs. Central Michigan (Aug. 30), ending a string of 14 straight starts ... saw time at safety and on special teams vs. Houston (Sept. 6), recording a team-high six tackles, including one tackles for loss and forcing one fumble ... started at safety vs. Notre Dame (Sept. 13), tallying a team-high six tackles ... starting safety at Oregon (Sept. 20), recording five tackles and blocking a field goal that led to a Michigan touchdown ... tied for the team lead with eight tackles vs. Indiana (Sept. 27) ... intercepted his first pass of the season and deflected two passes against the Hoosiers ... started at safety at Iowa (Oct. 4), recording seven tackles and making his eighth career interception ... played in his 30th career game, earning his 25th career starting assignment at Minnesota (Oct. 10) ... recorded six tackles against the Gophers ... did not see game action vs. Illinois (Oct. 18), vs. Purdue (Oct. 25) and at Michigan State (Nov. 1) ... saw time at safety at Northwestern (Nov. 15), recording four tackles ... started at safety vs. Ohio State (Nov. 22), recording four tackles ... started at safety vs. Southern California in the Rose Bowl (Jan. 1), recording four tackles and one pass breakup.

Sophomore (2002)... earned second varsity letter ... College Football News All-America first team ... Associated Press All-America second team ... The Sporting News All-America third team ... CNNSI.com All-America honorable mention ... All-Big Ten first team (coaches and media) ... Jim Thorpe Award (candidate) ... started all 13 games at cornerback ... set single game (six) and single season (18) pass breakup records ... ranked sixth on the team with 51 tackles and tied for seventh with five TFLs ... set school record with six PBUs vs. Washington (Aug. 31) ... added five tackles and one TFL vs. Huskies ... recorded four stops and two PBUs vs. Western Michigan (Sept. 7) ... totaled five tackles, one sack and one PBU while intercepting another pass that he returned for his first career interception touchdown against Notre Dame (Sept. 14) ... had five tackles and one TFL vs. Utah (Sept. 21) ... tallied first career multi-interception game at Illinois (Sept. 28) while adding three stops and three PBUs ... recorded five tackles and one PBU vs. Penn State (Oct. 12), a key breakup on an end zone play in overtime ... matched career high with eight tackles at Purdue (Oct. 19), including one TFL ... recorded four stops and one PBU in back-to-back home games against Iowa (Oct. 26) and Michigan State (Nov. 2) ... tied Michigan's single season PBU record (15) with his breakup against the Spartans ... registered two stops and one TFL at Minnesota (Nov. 9), including the school?s record-setting pass breakup ... made two tackles, forced one fumble and had one PBU vs. Wisconsin (Nov. 16) ... tallied three stops and one PBU at Ohio State (Nov. 23) ... made one tackle vs. Florida in the Outback Bowl (Jan. 1).

JerseySTEEL
03-12-2005, 11:35 AM
player of the day

Calvin Armstrong

Position:
OT

College:
Washington State

HEIGHT 6'7"
WEIGHT 315
40 TIME 4.95

http://img209.exs.cx/img209/6411/armstrong4hs.jpg

Pros: HUGE size, strong, plays hard, team leader, moves well for a big man.
Cons: Plays to high, not agressive. Could be a dominating tackle if someone could light a fire under him.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
ARMSTRONG'S HIGH SCHOOL CAREER

Attended Centralia High, where he was coached by John Schultz...earned three varsity letters each in football and basketball...line coach David Pritchard, a 1981 letterwinner for WSU...during JUNIOR year was an All-Rivers League pick as a defensive lineman and also named to the All-Lewis County team by the Centralia Chronicle...all-league second team in basketball...as a SENIOR received All-West Region honors by Student Sport...All-Pacific 9 defensive lineman...team MVP winner...Daily Olympian first team all-area pick and a NW Nugget by the Tacoma News Tribune...Associated Press All-State first team pick on both offense and defense...a Seattle Times Red Chip pick and an All-Far West pick by Prep Star Magazine...honorable mention Fab 15 selection by the Orange County Register...selected to play in the State East-West Shrine Game in Spokane.

ARMSTRONG'S WSU CAREER

FRESHMAN (2000-01): Redshirt season...earned one weekly team award: Idaho/Offensive Scout Team.

RS-FRESHMAN (2001-02): V-letter...Games - 12...Starts - 9...moved into a starting role against California in the third game after an injury to Billy Knotts...maintained starting spot after Knott's return...did not start against ASU because of a concussion suffered against UCLA, then returned for the final three games, including the Sun Bowl against Purdue...earned the following weekly team awards: California/Offensive Lineman; OSU/Most Disciplined Offense.

RS-SOPHOMORE (2002-03): V-letter...Games - 12...Starts - 11...earned the following weekly team awards: Offensive Lineman - Idaho, MSU, USC... ? All-Pac-10 first team pick by the league's coaches; ? First three starts at right tackle...then moved to left side for most of the remaining games, although started against Washington on the right side; ? Missed Stanford and Arizona games with an ankle sprain suffered playing basketball; ? Limited ASU's Terrell Suggs, the national sack leader, to one sack.

RS-JUNIOR (2003-04): V-letter...Games - 13...Starts - 13...earned the following weekly team awards: Offensive Lineman - Oregon/ASU... ? All-Pac-10 honorable mention; ? Starter at left tackle; ? Lombardi Award watch list for nation's top down lineman or linebacker and pre-season second team AA pick by Athlon Sports.

CAREER: Has been in the starting lineup since the third game of the 2001 season, except for misses due to injury...has 33 starts and played in 37 games.

PERSONAL

Calvin Armstrong...born March 31, 1982...parents Daniel and Cindy Armstrong...one brother Curtis...hobbies include motorcycles...wants to major in a medical field.

clevestinks
03-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Jersey doing your homework huh?

BlitzburghRockCity
03-12-2005, 03:52 PM
alittle bit.. man you must have alot of free time. Great stuff, will come in real handy next month on draft weekend !

JerseySTEEL
03-13-2005, 12:33 AM
wait ill after the pro days are done hehe ill have a crap of info lol.

clevestinks
03-13-2005, 07:34 AM
Jersey always on you A game.

ironcitychef
03-13-2005, 09:39 AM
A 6'4" RB? I don't know. Seems like at 260 he'd topple over.:thud:

JerseySTEEL
03-15-2005, 12:02 PM
ya hes big but u isnt steven jackson the guy for st.lous like6'2 and he has a shit load of power.

JerseySTEEL
03-15-2005, 12:26 PM
player of the day

C.J. Brooks

Position:
OG

College:
Maryland

HEIGHT 6'5"
WEIGHT 320
40 TIME 5.19

http://img170.exs.cx/img170/1634/brooks3ru.jpg

Pros: Very smart, has that nasty demeanor you love on the o-line. Punishing run blocker, good against the pass. Has played both OG and OT.
Cons: Needs to get stronger, and overall just work on the little details of his game.

Draft Exchange Analysis:
On Brooks: Fifth-year senior and All-America candidate who has become one of the best guards in the country ? a preseason All-America selection by Playboy and Athlon (second team) ? is one of just two first team all-conference offensive linemen (and the lone guard) who return for 2004 (FSU?s Alex Barron the other) ? shifted from tackle to guard last season while filling in at tackle when necessary ? a starter in all 37 games of his career ? a very technical blocker who has a firm grasp of the offense and blocking schemes ? gets after opponents and takes pride in finishing his blocks ... one of the most aggressive players on the team ? has good feet and ideal size for his position ? posted a 565-pound squat and benched 225 pounds 30 times in spring testing ? 695-pound squat he recorded in 2003 is second-best in school history by an offensive lineman.

2003 (Junior): Started all 13 games at left guard ... a first team All-ACC selection ... finished the year with a team-high 37 ?big blocks? while committing just one penalty and allowing just one sack in 740 plays ? (at WFU) ? posted 11 big blocks, most by any player in three years at Maryland ... had the key block on Bruce Perry?s 80-yard touchdown run in the third quarter as he sealed off his block creating a large hole in the left side of the line for Perry to burst through ... (vs. UVa) ? led Maryland linemen with four ?big blocks? ... (vs. UNC) ? tied for the team lead with four ?big blocks? on a team-high 71 plays ... (vs. Duke) ? had the key block on Sammy Maldonado?s rushing touchdown in the third quarter ... had two ?big blocks? ... (vs. CU) ? had the key block on Steve Suter?s end-around, allowing him to extend the gain on the play ... finished with two ?big blocks? ... (vs. WVU) ? had a key block on Bruce Perry?s longest run of the night (14 yards) ... led all linemen with a season-high six ?big blocks? on 63 plays ... (vs. The Citadel) ? recorded two ?big blocks? on 35 plays.

2002 (Sophomore): A starter in all 14 games ? started 13 games at left guard and one at left tackle (necessitated by an injury to one of his linemates) ? honorable mention All-ACC selection ... recorded a team-high 53 ?big blocks? ... (vs. WFU) ... led all offensive linemen with 79 snaps while adding five ?big blocks? ... (at UVa) ... led the team with two ?big blocks? ... had one of the key blocks on the TD caught by Chris Downs in the first quarter ... (at CU) ... second on the team with six ?big blocks? and played a team-high 79 snaps ... (vs. NCSU) ... led the team with five ?big blocks? in a team-high 56 snaps ... (at UNC) ... was the team?s second-highest graded starting offensive lineman ... second on the line with four ?big blocks? and 58 snaps played ... (at Duke) ... shifted back to his left guard spot ... was the team?s second-highest graded offensive lineman ... made a team-high five ?big blocks? and played a team-leading 53 snaps ... (vs. GT) ... first start of the season at left tackle ... was the team?s second-highest graded offensive lineman ... made six ?big blocks? ... named ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week for his efforts ... (vs. Akron) ... had a team-high eight ?big blocks? ... (vs. Notre Dame) ... first career start at guard resulted in him being the game?s highest graded offensive lineman.

2001 (Redshirt Freshman): Started every game including the Orange Bowl ... a third team Freshman All-American by The Sporting News ? graded out as the Terps? top lineman once and the second-best lineman three times (Eastern Michigan, Georgia Tech and Clemson) ... (vs. NCSU) ... started at left tackle and played 51 snaps ... (vs. Duke) ... had one of the finest games of his young career ... graded out as Maryland?s top offensive lineman along with Melvin Fowler ... registered a team-high six ?big blocks? (pancakes, downfield, etc.) ... offense averaged 7.7 yards per play and totaled 34 first downs ... had an excellent block to spring Shaun Hill for his 57-yard touchdown run ... nominated for ACC Offensive Lineman of the Week ... played 56 snaps ... (vs. WFU) ... nominee for ACC Rookie of the Week ... graded out as the Terps? third-best performer and played 66 snaps.

2000 (Freshman): Redshirt season.

High School: A 2000 graduate of Morrow High School in Morrow, Ga. ... capped his senior season in 1999 by earning honorable mention all-state Class AAA honors and first team all-area recognition ... graded out at 84 percent during the season ... earned Atlantic Touchdown Club Player of the Week honors ... was an honorable mention all-state and an all-area selection as a junior for a team which went 10-2 and advanced to the second round of the playoffs ... also competed in track, wrestling and basketball.

Personal: Clinton Brooks, Jr. was born August 21, 1982 ... son of Mataska and Clinton Brooks, Sr. ... majoring in communications ? a Maryland scholar-athlete in 2000 and 2001.