PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think Willie Colon needs a lesson in counting?

peterroach
01-19-2009, 10:25 AM
:tt:

T Bradshaw
01-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Has killed too many drives with dumb penalties

HometownGal
01-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I think a huge :buttkick: in that oversized azz of his would be more appropo.

devilsdancefloor
01-19-2009, 10:36 AM
He is the drive killer for sure!

SlackerCSB
01-19-2009, 10:37 AM
My wife is just becoming a football (Steelers) fan... and she knows two people on the team:

Colon and Sweed

Colon for his weekly false starts and Sweed for his weekly drops.

:banging:

GodofGridiron
01-19-2009, 10:54 AM
I wonder if his jumps/false starts are an attempt to overcome a deficiency like like of foot movement. If he cant get a quick start he wont be able to sustain his block.

revefsreleets
01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
This is becoming a "football constant":

Ray will get credit for tackles he doesn't make.

Tom Brady will get too much media love.

The Browns will implode by week 10.

Willie Colon will false start 1-3 times a game.

BlastFurnace
01-19-2009, 11:00 AM
I can't wait until he is off the team.

slippy
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
what do we expect when a guard is playing tackle.

HometownGal
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM

I guess it's no different than last season when Mahan was a guard playing center, but don't tell a couple of people here that. :chuckle:

OX1947
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM
he needs a lesson in correct brain activity. You would think after 8 straight games of at least one holding call and one false start, that he would maybe try and work on not doing that. The guy is one dumb (Bleep) and he cost us a game against the Giants because of it.

XxKnightxX
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM
That false start was because Ben held off the count just a fraction longer. Im sorry but as a former O Lineman, My legs start to burn from sitting down for 25 seconds looking at everone else move freely around. Its his fault, but I cant blame him completely.

OX1947
01-19-2009, 11:08 AM

it not a case of not playing as well at the position, its brainless, dead mistakes, and every damn game.

peterroach
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
That false start was because Ben held off the count just a fraction longer. Im sorry but as a former O Lineman, My legs start to burn from sitting down for 25 seconds looking at everone else move freely around. Its his fault, but I cant blame him completely.

Good point. I'll buy that, but it just bothers me that in the past few weeks, he's been on a false start hotstreak. I couldn't find any stats but I'm pretty sure that's at least 3 or 4 games straight?

revefsreleets
01-19-2009, 11:23 AM
Yeah, there were 4 other lineman, and 9 other players who did NOT jump because of Ben's hesitation, though...

MDSteel15
01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Is he freaking retarded or something? How many times can you screw up before you realize WAIT FOR THE F'ing SNAP!!!!

XxKnightxX
01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Hes not retarted, but Willie knows that he has short arms, and in order for you to engage on a block you have to get an explosive start in order to engage your man, so he got hesitant and got the false start, its either that or Suggs or Johnson whoever was in front of him gets his arms on Willie rendering him useless.

In other words, he has to use more of his body rather than his arms, but theres no excuses, a false start is a false start.

He should go to the Colts Camp to get some pre-snap demeanor because even Jeff Saturday says to Peyton to snap the damn ball already.

The guys should try doing a drill in which they stay in that position for as long as possible, I know I used to do it and Jesus it made me cry at times from the pain lol.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-19-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes, he has at least 2 penalties on him a game and it seems like he always does it after a nice play....

BUT....our line is our line and were goin to the SUPERBOWL!

eafratitpm3
01-19-2009, 11:41 AM
I agrre that Willie costs us with the false start penalties but I did notice on that play that the O Lineman were down for quite some time. Could it be that Willie is looking at the play clock and since it was getting close to 0 he moved. On another note is it me or does it seem like the O snaps the ball right at around 2 or 1 and sometimes right at zero most of the time. This is good when you have a lead late in the 2nd half but I would think that this gives defenses a leg up when they are blitzing, I think the O should stagger their snaps. Just a thought.

MDSteel15
01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
Hes not retarted, but Willie knows that he has short arms, and in order for you to engage on a block you have to get an explosive start in order to engage your man, so he got hesitant and got the false start, its either that or Suggs or Johnson whoever was in front of him gets his arms on Willie rendering him useless.

In other words, he has to use more of his body rather than his arms, but theres no excuses, a false start is a false start.

He should go to the Colts Camp to get some pre-snap demeanor because even Jeff Saturday says to Peyton to snap the damn ball already.

The guys should try doing a drill in which they stay in that position for as long as possible, I know I used to do it and Jesus it made me cry at times from the pain lol.

Then he shouldn't have been so damn far off the gaurd so he doesn't have to make that mistake again! :thumbsup:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I can't wait until he is off the team.

I honestly dont think that is gonna happen. I bet they try to extend him in the offseason and move him inside.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 11:59 AM

XxKnightxX, you speak the truth about the short arms and anticipation by Colon. The thing I like about him is at least he tries to get an edge and be quicker to make up for his short arms.

Starks on the other hand was still in his stance when the ball was snapped and let Suggs go by him like a road pylon for his last sack of Ben.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 12:07 PM
I guess it's no different than last season when Mahan was a guard playing center, but don't tell a couple of people here that. :chuckle:

So True. Mahan is basically the same player as Darnell Stapleton. An undersized G/C that plays better when he doesnt have a 325 lb lineman on him, but rather a LB over him.

Still a smart move to trade him back to Tampa. Stapleton cost much less and Mahan was hampered with injuries most of the season.

markymarc
01-19-2009, 01:25 PM
XxKnightxX, you speak the truth about the short arms and anticipation by Colon. The thing I like about him is at least he tries to get an edge and be quicker to make up for his short arms.

Starks on the other hand was still in his stance when the ball was snapped and let Suggs go by him like a road pylon for his last sack of Ben.

Exactly, but here we are talking about Colon and the one false start he had yesterday. But hey major kudos to Starks for not getting a false start called against him and still letting Suggs run right by him when sacking Ben the 2nd time.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Good point. I'll buy that, but it just bothers me that in the past few weeks, he's been on a false start hotstreak. I couldn't find any stats but I'm pretty sure that's at least 3 or 4 games straight?3 or 4 fames ??? try two friggin years !!! :banging:

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Exactly, but here we are talking about Colon and the one false start he had yesterday. But hey major kudos to Starks for not getting a false start called against him and still letting Suggs run right by him when sacking Ben the 2nd time.

My bad. Colon's false start cost us 5 yards and the free shot Starks gave up on Ben was only a -3 yard loss. Way to go Max !!! You suck Colon!!!

markymarc
01-19-2009, 01:53 PM
My bad. Colon's false start cost us 5 yards and the free shot Starks gave up on Ben was only a -3 yard loss. Way to go Max !!! You suck Colon!!!

LOL. Now you are turning the corner :chuckle:

steelwall
01-19-2009, 02:05 PM
He mostly jumped on the hard count, or the delayed count, not to make excuses, he is supposed to be a pro, but he really does need to focus.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
LOL. Now you are turning the corner :chuckle:

Not so much "turning the corner", but "stepping over to the Dark Side" to see what its like. Feels kind of weird. :wink:

markymarc
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Not so much "turning the corner", but "stepping over to the Dark Side" to see what its like. Feels kind of weird. :wink:

Hurry come back to the light before Colon gets flagged for another false start :chuckle:

silverbackattack
01-19-2009, 02:47 PM
I think he is one of the biggest jokes of an offensive lineman in the league.

Let's see.......Some words to describe him as a lineman.

"Stupid" comes to mind.
Is, "In another world" count as 3 words?

You can say he is trying to make up for alot of things but the rule is "Don't move until the ball is snapped."

I'm telling everyone here, He can't think fast enough, He can't remember the count and He's never sure what the play was called. Watch him, it's obvious!

steel-EERS
01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
I would say move Colon to guard next year but from watching him I think he would be more of a finese guard and I am not sure that is what this offense needs at that position in future years, would much rather them draft a big honking pile driver to play guard like a Duke Robinson or the like in april. Maybe Colon can move into the super swing lineman positon and fill in when needed and they can bring in a FA at RT.