PDA

View Full Version : Kordell shutting up Skip Bayless on ESPN First take

XxKnightxX
01-19-2009, 11:04 AM
haha is anyone watching that? Glad Kordell is putting Skip Bayless in his place regarding the steelers. KOrdell says that the Steelers whooped the Ravens ass while Skip says that the Rats just hit the wall.

KeiselPower99
01-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Skip is a joke of a sports reporter. He also said Flacco would throw the ball up and down the field on us all day.

tony hipchest
01-19-2009, 11:08 AM
skip said ben is the 3rd best qb in the nfl right now.

etownsteeler
01-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Skip is a b*tch. He just said Clark's hit was dirty, how exactly would you bring down a 220lb man, Mr. Bayless?

Steelcitygal87
01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah I am watching this too and I can not stomach Mr. Bayless.

What I don't understand is...how come he( and Ray Crawford) wasn't this upset about the hit Ray Lewis put on the Titans player(name I can't remember right now) along the sidelines in the playoff game a few weeks ago???? That was definitely helmet to helmet...and I didn't see Ray putting his shoulder into the hit at all...it was all helmet contact. I don't recall these guys being all worked up over that play.

Stang909
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Skip is the worst sports reporter I have ever seen. I dont think I have ever seen him be right on a subject or make the right pick.

Only thing he had right was where he ranked Ben.

How about Kordell praising the Steelers though. Thats what I like to see.

Hobbes
01-19-2009, 10:39 PM
I caught that this morning. I liked Kordell's responses to all of Skip's points, very quick and sharp! OUCH
:tt03::tt::tt02:

Justin Otstott
01-20-2009, 04:55 AM
I said this years ago when he said bettis and the steelers didn't deserve to win the superbowl! He is a pure hater.

steelfanman
01-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Don't forget Skip was a reporter for the Dallas Morning News in the mid '90's. Before ESPN picked up MNF he was a staple on Monday Night Countdown. This loser could induce instant migraines with his worship of his Dallas Cryboys. He's a born Steeler hater, and a born idiot.

He and Mitch Albom would always get into the Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith arguement every single week. I'd tune in to get pregame before the Steelers played and get 45 minutes of Cowboy talk.

SteelersMongol
01-20-2009, 09:15 PM
haha is anyone watching that? Glad Kordell is putting Skip Bayless in his place regarding the steelers. KOrdell says that the Steelers whooped the Ravens ass while Skip says that the Rats just hit the wall.

Is this the same Kordell who was our #10? I know many of you guys don't really show much love 4 him, but he's one of my favorites. :thumbsup:

stlrz fan
01-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Kordell seemed kind of bitter for a couple of years. Poisoned by Baltimore, but he seems to be rekindling his relationship with Pittsburgh. He handled Skip well and was also good to Pgh on Mike and Mike today.

Believe43
01-21-2009, 06:35 PM
Too bad Kordell wouldnt accept the Slash role, I think it was he best bet to be a long time good player in the league. Could have been Randel El before Randel El. Much better receiver/runner than a QB.

NJarhead
01-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Too bad Kordell wouldnt accept the Slash role, I think it was he best bet to be a long time good player in the league. Could have been Randel El before Randel El. Much better receiver/runner than a QB.

Yep. So true.

TheSteelCurtain
01-21-2009, 06:53 PM
We will see the new slash next year. D squared. Dixon was still fully recovering i think from the acl or we would have seen more of this. I imagine this is how we are using him. and didnt waste that pick on a 3rd string QB. Dixon is actually the fastest QB in the NFL.

beSteelmyheart
01-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Can anyone post any links?

SC Steeler Steve
01-22-2009, 07:38 PM
Is this the same Kordell who was our #10? I know many of you guys don't really show much love 4 him, but he's one of my favorites. :thumbsup:

Kord will always be a Steeler in my book. I was at the Game in Carolina when he broke the record for the longest run from scrimmage in NFL history by a QB. He ran 80 yards, I was sitting about 4 rows up in the endzone he ran into. It was a great moment for me, the only time I have ever been able to see the Steelers in person.

Now back to the topic... :wave:

SC Steeler Steve
01-22-2009, 07:40 PM
Kordell seemed kind of bitter for a couple of years. Poisoned by Baltimore, but he seems to be rekindling his relationship with Pittsburgh. He handled Skip well and was also good to Pgh on Mike and Mike today.
Damn I hate I am missing all this.

I agree with this ^^^^