PDA

View Full Version : Miller is the NO. 1 TE

gosteeler
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Heath is the best TE in the league, with out a doubt

On the TD pass to Holmes he started in the Backfield as a FB and was all way down field blocking when he crossed the goal line

IMOP we would not have won this game without him!!!!

to bad were going to lose him after next year!!!:drink:

MDSteel15
01-19-2009, 11:05 AM
He ain't leaving!

revefsreleets
01-19-2009, 11:13 AM
I counted at least 3 blocks on that play...

jasonhightower
01-19-2009, 11:30 AM
Man, not sure about that. Jason Witten is a really solid all around back. Not that I disagree with you, but it is debatable.

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 11:32 AM
We have all this cap space for a reason. When you have a Superbowl caliber team you try and hold on to it as long as you can. Now if someone is asking for WAY to much money they will have to go. But I expect Miller will get a fair pay raise and we'll see him in Black and Gold again.

peterroach
01-19-2009, 11:33 AM
I don't know about #1, but I agree that he is not given due credit when sportscasters discuss tight ends. Definitely Pro-Bowl worthy. An unsung hero amongst Steeler fans.

gosteeler
01-19-2009, 11:37 AM
trust me, money won't be the reason he leaves

I got sources that says he is leaving

Milkman
01-19-2009, 11:43 AM
I keep tellin' my family every time we watch the Stillers play that Heath is open on almost every single play that he runs a route.

Now if only Ben would look his way just a little bit more...

jjpro11
01-19-2009, 12:06 PM
he was great for us in our stretch in 05 and has repeated himself and then some for this stretch.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-19-2009, 12:09 PM
I expect Heath to be back. I don't think the Steelers would let him go.

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 12:09 PM

http://blog.pharmalive.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/o_rly.jpg

Please by all mean share. What seems to be his issue and who are these sources?

BehindSteelCurtain
01-19-2009, 12:19 PM
http://blog.pharmalive.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/o_rly.jpg

Please by all mean share. What seems to be his issue and who are these sources?

Because he doesn't get that involved in the offense? Well he is still one of BB red zone targets and if he wants to win SBs, Pittsburgh is the place he wants to be.

steelin games
01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
:noidea:If the NFL goes to no salary cap in 2010, I believe this means players will not be eligible for free agency until the six year mark of their career. Is that correct?

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Because he doesn't get that involved in the offense? Well he is still one of BB red zone targets and if he wants to win SBs, Pittsburgh is the place he wants to be.

I agree with you completely Im just wanting to know... What sources this guy has that has somehow told him, Miller is leaving and money aint the reason.

lilyoder6
01-19-2009, 12:35 PM
i wish i had these kind of sources...

i doubt miller will leave... he knows where the real deal is.. and get a good extension..

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 12:45 PM
As receiving TE's, I think Witten, Gates, Gonzales, Heap, Winslow, Clark, Daniels, Olson, Carlson are all better than Miller.......but the only guy that is a good blocker and receiver at TE in the league of Heath Miller is Witten.

If Miller wants to leave and catch more footballs, good for him, but as a pure receiver, he isnt in the top 10 of TE's. Great hands, but not great footspeed.

steelpride12
01-19-2009, 12:48 PM
Heath is maybe not the best, but the most underrated TE in the NFL every season. I feel the team will give him a 3-4 year extension, he is too important on the pass game and most def. the block game, and he is improving every season.

markymarc
01-19-2009, 01:40 PM
I would be very disappointed if we let Heath get away after his contract expires. Heath has the 2nd best hands on this team behind Ward and is very valuable to our offense.

Hapa
01-19-2009, 01:44 PM
He's a great TE, but as fans we have no clue who the best one is. You never know until you play against them.

Hapa
01-19-2009, 01:44 PM
I would be very disappointed if we let Heath get away after his contract expires. Heath has the 2nd best hands on this team behind Ward and is very valuable to our offense.

Holmes has really nice hands too.

stlrz fan
01-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Heath Miller is a classy guy and I think that his contract negotiations will be fair. He's not a talker but I think that he would want to stay in Pittsburgh.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Heath Miller is a classy guy and I think that his contract negotiations will be fair. He's not a talker but I think that he would want to stay in Pittsburgh.

If the Steelers win the SB, I don't see why he wouldnt want to stay in Pittsburgh. That would be his 2nd ring in 4 years. I think that we need to use him more.

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
If the Steelers win the SB, I don't see why he wouldnt want to stay in Pittsburgh. That would be his 2nd ring in 4 years. I think that we need to use him more.

I agree he's got great hands.

markymarc
01-19-2009, 02:10 PM
Holmes has really nice hands too.

Yes Holmes has good hands too, but IMO is behind Ward and Miller. But no doubt Holmes really stepped in the game yesterday when Ward went down. And for the record I would hate to lose Holmes as well. And once Sweed comes into his own this WR corp could be very scary.

peterroach
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes Holmes has good hands too, but IMO is behind Ward and Miller. But no doubt Holmes really stepped in the game yesterday when Ward went down. And for the record I would hate to lose Holmes as well. And once Sweed comes into his own this WR corp could be very scary.

IMO, his hands are not what makes him a great player, it's his dynamics. When he's blocking, he's solid. When he runs routes, he's open and reliable. Comparing him to Holmes is not a fair comparison because Holmes is covered as a WR: a clear threat. Miller is a TE and as such, he can be used to confuse defenses.

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Heath is the best TE in the league, with out a doubt

On the TD pass to Holmes he started in the Backfield as a FB and was all way down field blocking when he crossed the goal line

IMOP we would not have won this game without him!!!!

to bad were going to lose him after next year!!!:drink:

As much as i love heath, i think witten is the best TE in the NFL.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 05:01 PM
As much as i love heath, i think witten is the best TE in the NFL.

I agree.

Miller is the best TE in the NFL for the Steelers offense.

lilyoder6
01-19-2009, 05:06 PM
i would have to say that miller is a better te than most of the thought best te's in the league...

witten is just on a lvl of his own... but hopefully miller can keep it going in the SB

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-29-2009, 11:49 PM

I guess these "sources" were not that reliable. .:flap:

Steel Head
07-30-2009, 07:01 AM
Miller isn't better than Witten, quit being homers

fansince'76
07-30-2009, 07:03 AM
As we have a brand new thread about Miller's contract extension, am closing this one.