PDA

View Full Version : A steelers hand painting

steelwall
01-19-2009, 12:58 PM
Since I have alot of free time on my hands "at times" I have taken up painting. I would like to paint a Steelers poster, but really I'm going back and forth about what I want to paint. I just got into this at 32 years old but I find I'm pretty good at it, and it is relaxing.

I told my wife if we made it to the Superbowl I would paint something in honor of the Steelers, howver I'm at a block. Yes there was some big hit's but the winning tem scoring is .

Can't imagie changing teams mascots. You just never now what thexpect.

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 02:17 PM
I would say to a collage of various players Big Ben, FWP, Troy, Silverback, Woodley, etc.

beSteelmyheart
01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the world of art! There's nothing better than being able to have your own one of a kind stuff knowing that it's truly yours.
There's alot of photos out there & every artist is different but my favorite is working from hardcopy like a magazine or something portable, I don't care much for working from the computer screen.
Just collect everything you can get photowise & when you find the right reference photos you will know it. Sometimes you might come across something by accident & just have to draw it.

steelwall
01-20-2009, 12:54 AM
Man I just read my first post....what the hell was I talking about???lol...

I guess I have to live up to my word, I'm thinking perhaps down linemen facing off.

I like the idea of just looking around at photos, I need to get some sort of idea.