PDA

View Full Version : After 35 years,,Whats your fav. MNF memory?

steeler47
12-26-2005, 07:35 PM
Well. after 35 years,the last Monday Night Football on ABC......it's been a long run and the memories will be with me.
I can remember when coming home from Pee Wee football practice through High School...and the anticipation of the opening when .the lights would fade up...the guy's in the production truck's started talking..the music would cue.and those fab three,The Giff , Dandy Don...and of course Cossell...........it was just magic to a kid growing up in Grove City, Pa.
http://www.steelreign.org/images/smiles/smiley_towel.gif http://www.steelreign.org/images/smiles/smiley_towel.gif http://www.steelreign.org/images/smiles/smiley_towel.gif http://www.steelreign.org/images/smiles/smiley_towel.gif http://www.steelreign.org/images/smiles/smiley_towel.gif http://www.steelreign.org/images/smiles/smiley_towel.gif http://www.steelreign.org/images/smiles/smiley_towel.gif http://www.steelreign.org/images/smiles/smiley_towel.gif

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 07:54 PM
1 game that stands out was raiders vs. lions. bo vs. barry

steelers kicking the shit out of the rams about 12 -15 years ago was nice too. i think it was like 48-0

intellivision presents-"you make the call"

and of course all the sunday highlights that used to be shown during halftime. for those of us who didnt have espn in the early 80's this was our only way to see all the great plays on sunday.

Soultribe101
12-26-2005, 08:14 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of good monday night games, but the one I liked the best was the Monday Night game I was at in San Diego this year, when the steelers one bye a field goal.

Ambridge
12-26-2005, 09:11 PM
When the Dennis Miller experiment died.

Atlanta Dan
12-26-2005, 09:17 PM
Miami beats the Bears in 1985. Incredible hype + I bet on the Dolphins :)

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 09:21 PM
When the Dennis Miller experiment died.

lol.

lisa guererro was hot

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2005, 10:07 PM
The Steelers Victories. Like The Halloween Night Game 20-19 over the FatRatbirds.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 10:16 PM
The jets and dolphins I think it was, when they went into OT till the wee hours of the morning and came back to win after being down by a huge margin. The miracle in the meadowlands..

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 10:22 PM
There have been some good ones , and alot of Steelers. But a more recent game without the Steelers I remember. The night after Brett Favre`s father past away. last year, He was untouchable, just an amazing game to watch!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2005, 12:09 AM
Now that was inspiring, no doubt cleve... Ive not seen a performance like that in the face of emotional adversity ever...

Koopa
12-27-2005, 12:12 AM
that game with brett was getting annoying as hell though, every throw he completed they mentioned his father like we didn't already know, they wouldn't just let him rest in peace. i don't really have a favorite moment maybe tonight never having to see madden on monday (i don't usually watch sunday nights game, that's homework time unless the steelers are playing) again.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-27-2005, 12:22 AM
I just shed a tear watching that final series of pics and listening to Hank Jr sing the party's over. Its the end of an era, so many great memories, players, and games. Its sad, MNF on ABC is all Ive every known for monday nights.

Farewell to Al Michaels, the icon on MNF for so many years, and thank to Pete Rozelle for helping to start it and all the great commentators along the way..

Here's to ABC's Monday Night Football :cheers:

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 12:23 AM
that game with brett was getting annoying as hell though, every throw he completed they mentioned his father like we didn't already know, they wouldn't just let him rest in peace. i don't really have a favorite moment maybe tonight never having to see madden on monday (i don't usually watch sunday nights game, that's homework time unless the steelers are playing) again.
The best thing about this whole deal is that next year the games start 30 minutes earlier

AvoidLLoyd95
12-27-2005, 02:29 AM
Pittsburgh CRUSHING the Falcons back in Neon Dieon Sanders heyday. Atlanta was on a roll that year and Pittsburgh went into Atlanta and shut him and the team down.

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 07:50 AM
Pittsburgh CRUSHING the Falcons back in Neon Dieon Sanders heyday. Atlanta was on a roll that year and Pittsburgh went into Atlanta and shut him and the team down.
That was a good one too. With Cowher we had so many great Monday night games, its hard to pick one of ours!

AvoidLLoyd95
12-27-2005, 08:44 AM
That was a good one too. With Cowher we had so many great Monday night games, its hard to pick one of ours!
If I recall right, weren't the Falcons undefeated at the time?11-0 or something like that? I am probably wrong but I know they were the team to beat in the NFC that year. Big hype before the game about Sanders as a defensive/return threat and he did squat in the game. I think he got torched on the first td. Not many return yards either.

Ambridge
12-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Farewell to Al Michaels, the icon on MNF for so many years,............

Did I miss something or is Al Michaels not going to be announcing games on any network next season??

SteelR1
12-27-2005, 09:50 AM
The one that sticks out, probaly the Jets come back over Miami. I was in a bar at Deep Creek Lake and my buddy was the only Jets fan in there. It was really comical to sit and watch the trash talking go both ways with him getting the last laugh!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing how ESPN does it???

24seven
12-27-2005, 10:51 AM
Even though i'm a diehard Steelers fan.. the game that sticks out most for me was Seattle Vs. the Raiders.. another huge rivalry.. Bo Jackson takes the ball and runs right over Brian Bosworth for the touchdown.. Everyone thought Bosworth was the shit but he got smacked that night and pretty much was the beginning of the end for him.. Meanwhile .. Bo bagan to know everything.... Bo Knows how to win on Monday nights....

BB2W
12-27-2005, 02:03 PM
My most memorable Monday Night Football moment would have to be...

'93 Pittsburgh vs. Buffalo (23-0)

The first of many Buffalo thumpings to come at Three Rivers Stadium... An absolutely flawless game both offensively and defensively for the Steelers, and I think Rod Woodson picked off Jim Kelly and returned it for a touchdown early in the game that really set the tone.

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 02:11 PM
My most memorable Monday Night Football moment would have to be...

'93 Pittsburgh vs. Buffalo (23-0)

The first of many Buffalo thumpings to come at Three Rivers Stadium... An absolutely flawless game both offensively and defensively for the Steelers, and I think Rod Woodson picked off Jim Kelly and returned it for a touchdown early in the game that really set the tone.

wasnt that the game where rod woodson practically decapitated jim kelly on a cb blitz?

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 02:16 PM

i think this game greg lloyd had one of his most devestating sacks ever on the qb who tried to roll out and scramble. i cant remember who it was but im thinking tolliver, hebert or george maybe. it was like a 15 yd loss though and made your teeth rattle just watching it.

fond memories of that 92-96 defense and lots of mnf appearances.

BB2W
12-27-2005, 02:18 PM
wasnt that the game where rod woodson practically decapitated jim kelly on a cb blitz?
I forgot about that... I'll bet it is.

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I forgot about that... I'll bet it is.

im pretty sure it is. he did the same thing to warren moon the same year.

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 02:37 PM
After watching all the highlights from the past. The Tony Dorsett game was great. But man did Earl Campbell bring back some memories

AvoidLLoyd95
12-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Remeber that game well too. Went to a Bills bar to watch the slaughter. We were all geared up and hootin and hollerin. Woodson did demolish Kelly that game and I believe it may have been a safety or close to it. The local paper had a BIG color picture of it the next day and I had it on my school folder for the rest of the year. :grin: Pissed off all the Bills fans everyday they had to see it.