PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Bandwagon

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
It hasnt been 24hours and they are already starting... People all of a sudden are trying to "prove" the Cardinals are going win like... Like Im underestimating them like the Panthers and Eagles did. Yeah right...

Great comparison to unstable teams in terms of playing and a team that has destroyed almost every "top" team in the NFL in one season. Sure some of the wins wont pretty but its a win.

And the internet is in the process of getting flooded with idiots who probably think the Fitz is the QB and couldnt tell nor understand anything going on past... "Whats the score?"...

This is gonna be a long wait... But I cant wait to be seeing Tomlin hold up that Lombardi. These guys deserve their rings after an outstanding season.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-19-2009, 04:14 PM
I don't understand , where is the fun going into another teams forum and saying my team is better??? These trolls just spit of facts and theory day after day about how their team is superior. Great for you, maybe you should tell all your own fans about it.

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2009, 04:58 PM
What's so nice, is that last year the team that wasn't supposed to win did, the heavy favortie lost, so that makes me believe, there is no over-confidence in our locker room.

We will do what we do. Smash them in the face, break their skulls and crush their will with a superior performance and bone jarring hits.

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I wonder how many cardinal jersey i'll be seeing around town this week!!

Dynasty
01-19-2009, 06:30 PM
We will do what we do. Smash them in the face, break their skulls and crush their will with a superior performance and bone jarring hits.

Boldin has already had that happen to him... think after seeing some of #25's hits lately, he's gonna be a bit wary of going over the middle?

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Everybody loves the underdog and the Cards are gonna play that role and the "no respect" angle all 2 weeks. Let their bandwagon fill up all they want with the fair weather Charger, Bronco, Patriot fans.

I just hope that Wiz plays the "revenge on the Rooney's" angle and gets stomped.

SteelCurtain7
01-19-2009, 07:00 PM
A blizzard of pain!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

AllD
I am about ready to vomit from all of the "aww-shucks we're just glad to be here" from the Cards players. And Whiz is acting like a punk.

First, Tampa is going to be a home game for the Black & Gold. Next, the Steelers are all business with excellent leadership and the Cards are having personnel issues blow up in their face already.

The Cards have no idea of the ass whooping they are about to receive.

fansince'76
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/wagon01.jpg

tyler289
01-19-2009, 07:02 PM
I don't understand why fans act like the "no respect" thing actually means something. Does anyone really think the team is gonna be like "pfffft its the Cards, they suck!!!"

It's the Super Bowl. The Cards are the best team in the NFC. Why in the world would anyone on the Steelers act like they suck? Leabeau and Tomlin wouldn't let them.

The Ravens and Chargers played the no respect card as well and got beat.

What's even funnier is when fans are like "no one is picking us to win!" Ok, big deal? What, are the players printing out John Clayton's articles and posting them on the wall?

"Kurt, look, John Clayton of ESPN.com says a good day from you might not be enough! We get no respect! Clayton sucks!"

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 07:03 PM
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/wagon01.jpg

Troll under the wagon wheel? :chuckle:

beSteelmyheart
01-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I wonder how many cardinal jersey i'll be seeing around town this week!!
I've been wondering the same thing since yesterday...
We are both living in areas with more of a transient population & it will be interesting to see all of those shiny new red jerseys!

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 07:35 PM
I have already seen some of them DOUBTING our defense is that good. That's great, as far as I'm concerned the only people who isn't getting respect is US. They really feel we have no way of stopping their high power offense and their defense is on par with ours. They also keep using last years mockery of a game as some kind of baseline for this years game. Let them be over-confident, they're thrilled they won the NFC Championship. Steelers are the team no one gave a snowballs chance in hell at making it to the superbowl this year, each week we were doubted seemingly. So let them chat it up :blah::blah: :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 07:37 PM
I have already seen some of them DOUBTING our defense is that good. That's great, as far as I'm concerned the only people who isn't getting respect is US. They really feel we have no way of stopping their high power offense and their defense is on par with ours. They also keep using last years mockery of a game as some kind of baseline for this years game. Let them be over-confident, they're thrilled they won the NFC Championship. Steelers are the team no one gave a snowballs chance in hell at making it to the superbowl this year, each week we were doubted seemingly. So let them chat it up :blah::blah: :tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

LMFAO. man there defense is not even close to ours. Boy i can't wait for the SB.

quadruple yoi
01-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I've been wondering the same thing since yesterday...
We are both living in areas with more of a transient population & it will be interesting to see all of those shiny new red jerseys!

was sporting my lambert jersey today around town and got more "go steelers" than cardinal supporters. :tt02:

cubanstogie
01-19-2009, 07:51 PM

You cant have a weaker division as far as physical football than the NFC West. Those teams are weak, finesse oriented teams. They have no rivalries, the Cardinals don't even sell out. They play in a dome when the winter weather is 70 and sunny. I love Warner and Fitz. But if no one else can contribute they aren't much good. I have yet to see Larry take a hit, or Warner get pressured during playoffs. Our D is too good to let a one dimensional offense with a immobile QB beat us unless the play out of their arse. We can score on them as well, we will get back to Steelers football and run it down their throats. I can't wait to see Fitz and Boldin get hit by our tenacious D. Cards fans are all bandwagon fans, do you remember all those empty seats at Sun Devil Stadium. Yeah I know they were rarely televised, but me living in Bay Area was forced to watch the 9ers on occasion. The cinderella story is over.

hindes204
01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
You cant have a weaker division as far as physical football than the NFC West. Those teams are weak, finesse oriented teams. They have no rivalries, the Cardinals don't even sell out. They play in a dome when the winter weather is 70 and sunny. I love Warner and Fitz. But if no one else can contribute they aren't much good. I have yet to see Larry take a hit, or Warner get pressured during playoffs. Our D is too good to let a one dimensional offense with a immobile QB beat us unless the play out of their arse. We can score on them as well, we will get back to Steelers football and run it down their throats. I can't wait to see Fitz and Boldin get hit by our tenacious D. Cards fans are all bandwagon fans, do you remember all those empty seats at Sun Devil Stadium. Yeah I know they were rarely televised, but me living in Bay Area was forced to watch the 9ers on occasion. The cinderella story is over.

i couldnt have put it better myself

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I know how that is, I live in the Sacramento area... Raiders and Niners on Sunday's :banging::banging::banging::banging:

JHSilverback
01-19-2009, 09:05 PM
A source tells me the hosiptals are calling in extra nurses and doctors on Feb.1 because of the bandwagoners jumping off the wagon and breaking their ankles lol

Curtain_of_Steel
01-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Something is wrong with the title of this thread, lol.

How many fans do you need to actually have a bandwagon?lol.. I think the Cardinals may fall a driver short.

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Something is wrong with the title of this thread, lol.

How many fans do you need to actually have a bandwagon?lol.. I think the Cardinals may fall a driver short.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nidan
01-19-2009, 09:50 PM
It's the Super Bowl. The Cards are the best team in the NFC. Why in the world would anyone on the Steelers act like they suck? Leabeau and Tomlin wouldn't let them.

That is an interesting question.

The Falcons were apparently praying to have to play Arizona, according to most the Cardinals have no chance. Of course against the Panthers on the orad, the Cardina;s had zero chance. As for the Eagles well, they had all the momentum and had a destiny, so again the Cardinals had no Chance.

According to Collingsworth the Cardinals are the worset team to make the playoffs in history.

And now we get to the Superbowl and despite off the worthless predictions guess who's coming to town. Yes its the Arizona Cardinal's.

Will they win, I don't know but it should be a heck of a game.

And no I'm not a bandwagon fan and yes the Cardinals do have fans. You want to know the definition of hard core ? Try going to Cardinals games for years watching them lose, try sitting on metal benches at Sun Devil Stadium [where the urinals overflowed] in 115+. When its cold you can add clothes whens it's 115 NOTHING HELPS. So yes the Cardinals do have hard core fans.

quadruple yoi
01-19-2009, 09:55 PM
You want to know the definition of hard core ? Try going to Cardinals games for years watching them lose, try sitting on metal benches at Sun Devil Stadium [where the urinals overflowed] in 115+. When its cold you can add clothes whens it's 115 NOTHING HELPS. So yes the Cardinals do have hard core fans.

agreed on that. besides going to the monday night deal during the fires in san diego, i've been to 1 cardinal game at sun devil stadium and it was miserablely hot. never went back either.

Nidan
01-19-2009, 10:00 PM
I've seen temps of 130+ on thermometers around the stadium.

The concrete soaked up the sun for hours then re-radiated it, the heat was unbelievable. We used to take a bag full of frozen solid water bottles the would drink them as the melted.

I know many people who had tickets but refused to buy more for their whole family as it was such a terrible place they didn't want to expose their young children to it.

Nidan
01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
agreed on that. besides going to the monday night deal during the fires in san diego, i've been to 1 cardinal game at sun devil stadium and it was miserablely hot. never went back either.

Was there for that as well

Nidan
01-19-2009, 10:03 PM
Now that's funny, usually we dislike Rams fans nearly as much as we dislike Cowboys fans.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Tampa Stadium is going to be swarmed with Terrible Towels. I can tell you that much.

Cards29
01-19-2009, 10:12 PM
I've seen temps of 130+ on thermometers around the stadium.

The concrete soaked up the sun for hours then re-radiated it, the heat was unbelievable. We used to take a bag full of frozen solid water bottles the would drink them as the melted.

I know many people who had tickets but refused to buy more for their whole family as it was such a terrible place they didn't want to expose their young children to it.

Sitting in the North Endzone waiting for the shade to reach your section in the 3rd quarter..ha.. miserable times.

Nidan
01-19-2009, 10:13 PM
Likely true enough

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 10:31 PM
I bet Rod Tidwell is gonna be heading up the bandwagon. :chuckle:

Next to Neil Lomax, he is the most famous of all cardinals isnt he?

cubanstogie
01-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Sitting in the North Endzone waiting for the shade to reach your section in the 3rd quarter..ha.. miserable times.

with all those empty seats you mean to tell me you couldn't find one in the shade.:noidea::noidea:

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-20-2009, 12:16 AM
with all those empty seats you mean to tell me you couldn't find one in the shade.:noidea::noidea:

ouchh:chuckle:

Steeldude
01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
i have never seen a cardinals' fan in california since i have been here. that's 30 years. i guarantee i will see them popping up with a week or two. california has the largest population of bandwagon fans than any other state, IMO.

california was filled with bulls' fans until jordan retired.

lakers' fans aren't that loyal either.

unfortunuately, i have a friend who changes his team based on who goes to the SB. I haven't spoken to him in awhile, but i know for a fact he will have a kurt warner jersey on and claim he has always been a cardinals' fan. when the rams played the titans in SB XXXIV he was wearing a mcnair jersey. after the titans lost, he was wearing a kurt warner jersey the very next day. just pathetic.

Edman
01-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Browns, Bengals, Ravens, Patriots, Chargers, Titans, Niners, Cowboys, yes, even the Seahawks.

Expect those afformentioned to be Cardinal fans for the next two weeks. Pretty much any team the Steelers have not pissed off (fanbase or on the field) will be the Cardinals fans this week.

Raymond James will be a sea of Terrible Towels.

CaliStillersFan
01-20-2009, 06:08 AM
This Super Bowl belongs to the Steelers. They played the best of the best all year. The Cards have no quality wins outside of that Dallas game, and they played inconsistent all year. We all know that defense wins championships, and our Steelers will show the world why that is true in less than two weeks!!!

scsteeler
01-20-2009, 08:00 AM
What's so nice, is that last year the team that wasn't supposed to win did, the heavy favortie lost, so that makes me believe, there is no over-confidence in our locker room.

One thing Tomlin has done all year is not allow the team to take anyone for granted even when we played the Bengals he stated the these guys were formidable opponents.

steelpride12
01-20-2009, 08:34 AM
Of course everyone is picking the Cards, go on ESPN's chats, its everywhere. Everyone wants the underdogs to win and def. because we all know most people if their not a Steeler fan they Hate us, only because we have success. Let the Cards bandwagons fly out of the wood work talking about Fitz and how amazing he is, but once Super bowl is ended and the Cards come out at the bottom end, they shall crawl back in their holes till victory comes again.

HometownGal
01-20-2009, 08:42 AM
Of course everyone is picking the Cards, go on ESPN's chats, its everywhere. Everyone wants the underdogs to win and def. because we all know most people if their not a Steeler fan they Hate us, only because we have success. Let the Cards bandwagons fly out of the wood work talking about Fitz and how amazing he is, but once Super bowl is ended and the Cards come out at the bottom end, they shall crawl back in their holes till victory comes again.

A lot of people just like to cheer for the underdog. Hell, I do it when my teams aren't in the playoffs, unless it's the Cheats* or the Rats, of course. :chuckle:

Fitz is amazing - I don't think any fan of the game could dispute that - but our D is not only physical, but absolutely phenomenal, and he is going to learn that the hard way come February 1st. We don't just have one or two standout players on that squad - the entire unit plays physical, in your face football and every one of them knows what their job is and does it very well. They believe in each other and themselves.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-20-2009, 09:12 AM
Steeldude: There is not one in NJ either. Hell, I bet Steeler fans in Arizona out number the Cardinal fans if a ture census was done, lol
How many extensions did the NFL give them for their playoff game to sell out, 2,3?

dreamcastsucks
01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
+1
mulli

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Calling the Giants underdogs was a bit of a misnomer. They had a great running game, a solid pass game and played great defense in a VERY STRONG Division last year. They were a quality football team.

The Cardinals are not the Giants. They are very one-dimensional. They don't play much defense. They are a finesse team. They don't run the ball well. They play in a weak conference and have not really been tested. They snuck up on the Panthers and the Eagles were clearly overconfident.

The Steelers won't make those mistakes.

Jackal
02-04-2009, 02:50 PM
The Cards bandwagon pulling back into Phoenix:

http://nerdapproved.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/oregon_trail.jpg

NEWS FLASH:

Kurt Warner has dysentery.

tony hipchest
02-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Kurt Warner has dysentery.:chuckle:

i remember the oregon trail :applaudit:

Steelersfanforlife
02-04-2009, 05:25 PM
i wonder where those bandwgoners are now

El-Gonzo Jackson
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
i wonder where those bandwgoners are now

Hoping the Arizona Wildcats make the NCAA tournament. Then they can pile on another bandwagon for 5 weeks and be disappointed they didnt win. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
02-04-2009, 05:48 PM
:doh:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5756/arizonaim9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SteelCurtain7
02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Arizona sports scene = Epic Fail!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

IAWarnerFan
02-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Are those Steelers fans around the bus?:noidea:

SteelCurtain7
02-04-2009, 08:22 PM
No, genius...they're Cardinals fans. I know it's probably above your rate of comprehension, but try to keep up on things in this thread.

Steelerman67
02-04-2009, 08:22 PM
:doh:
http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5756/arizonaim9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
Well, at least the driver looks like he's got it all under control :wink02:

IAWarnerFan
02-04-2009, 08:39 PM
No, genius...they're Cardinals fans. I know it's probably above your rate of comprehension, but try to keep up on things in this thread.

So, you are admitting the Cardinals have fans. :noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
02-04-2009, 08:50 PM
So, you are admitting the Cardinals have fans. :noidea:
for now......get back to us after your 6-10 season .....then we'll re-evaluate..... did you know 7 out of the last 8 nfc sb LOSERS missed the playoffs the following season ?

IAWarnerFan
02-04-2009, 08:53 PM
for now......get back to us after your 6-10 season .....then we'll re-evaluate..... did you know 7 out of the last 8 nfc sb LOSERS missed the playoffs the following season ?

That's NFC. AFC wise, didn't the Bills make it a few years in a row? :wink02:

SteelCurtain7
02-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Bold prediction: we won't be seeing IA next season. The 49ers will take the West next year, after Kurt retires and the organization returns back to medocrity (if not downright alacrity).

NJarhead
02-04-2009, 08:54 PM

Yes, but well beyond 8 years ago.

SteelCurtain7
02-04-2009, 08:55 PM

So, you want to pattern your team after SB losers? Figures. :rofl:

devilsdancefloor
02-04-2009, 09:04 PM

pssssst the bills where 0-4 in SB :popcorn: but if you want you team to be known for masters of the choke then so be it:noidea:

IAWarnerFan
02-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Kurt's gonna suck next year if he comes back. If not, ill tell ya somethin right now. He aint winning no superbowl...

If he comes back he'll suck himself right to his second Super Bowl MVP Award! :flap:

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 02:15 AM
98- Packers lose SB, make playoffs next year.........1
99- Falcons lose SB, miss playoffs next year..........2
00- Titans lose SB, make playoffs next year
01- Giants lose SB, miss playoffs next year............3
02- Rams lose SB, miss playoffs next year.............4
03- Raiders lose SB, miss playoffs next year
04- Panthers lose SB, miss playoffs next year.......5
05- Eagles lose SB, miss playoffs next year...........6
06- Seahawks lose SB, make playoffs next year
07- Bears lose SB, miss playoffs next year.............7
08- Patriots lose SB, miss playoffs next year

theres 7 out of the last 8 NFC LOSERS .....:toofunny:

IAWarnerFan
02-05-2009, 02:19 AM
98- Packers lose SB, make playoffs next year.........1
99- Falcons lose SB, miss playoffs next year..........2
00- Titans lose SB, make playoffs next year
01- Giants lose SB, miss playoffs next year............3
02- Rams lose SB, miss playoffs next year.............4
03- Raiders lose SB, miss playoffs next year
04- Panthers lose SB, miss playoffs next year.......5
05- Eagles lose SB, miss playoffs next year...........6
06- Seahawks lose SB, make playoffs next year
07- Bears lose SB, miss playoffs next year.............7
08- Patriots lose SB, miss playoffs next year

theres 7 out of the last 8 NFC LOSERS .....:toofunny:

How many of those teams had a QB as good as Kurt Warner??? Maybe the Packers.

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 02:27 AM
How many of those teams had a QB as good as Kurt Warner??? Maybe the Packers.oh i don't know MAYBE the 2002 rams ...WITH KURT WARNER !!!! :nana:

IAWarnerFan
02-05-2009, 02:49 AM
oh i don't know MAYBE the 2002 rams ...WITH KURT WARNER !!!! :nana:

Well pu! I'd rather have this Kurt Warner tho. Plus that was more on the different coaches. :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
02-05-2009, 03:43 AM
Well pu! I'd rather have this Kurt Warner tho. Plus that was more on the different coaches. :wink02: and warner is a BIG IF, for next season....not to mention all the other free agents the cards have. ya'll are gonna find out real quick how other teams love to over pay recent superbowl FA players...:chuckle: the cards are gonna get picked apart by the vultures. :wave: bidell is gonna have to dig pretty deep into his pockets to keep this team together.....the question is....will he ???

OX1947
02-05-2009, 04:10 AM
Cardinals have a chance to get back if Warner comes back. I believe he will play one more year and that's it. They have 43 mil under the cap and they have some key moves that I believe they will make to help their team for the future. And don't forget guys, Whiz brought the Pittsburgh philosophy to Arizona, I don't expect Whiz to be a one hit wonder.

Cards need an all world pass rusher to go with Dockett. I have predicted all week that Terrell Suggs will be a Cardinal on the first day of free agency. Suggs played at Arizona St, its only fitting he get a huge contract and come home to a team that should be a contender for a few years.

Boldin will get traded to the Giants or Eagles for a 1st or a 2nd pick. Breasten is a bona fide number 2 so their offense shouldnt take a hit too much. plus the extra 1 or 2 should cover that anyway.

Edge will be gone. Hightower will be the starter but I think the cards should go after Sproles. He could be a poor mans marshall faulk in the Warner AZ greatest show in the desert offense.

With the steelers schedule and youth and not too many major free agents, dont be suprised if the Steelers meet AZ again in Miami.

revefsreleets
02-05-2009, 09:55 AM
I think the Cards win 10-11 games next year and make the playoffs, but lose in the divisonal game. They are a good team, and they play in a super shitty division, so it won't be a huge challenge for them to get back in, BUT they will sneak up on exactly nobody next year, so...

Warner will be back, too...he's got game and earned his starting job for a few more years.

steelerbackr4life
02-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Also I do not think they fare well when they have to travel North in November and December and play some of the more physical teams.

Milkman
02-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Even with Warner back next year, they will not be "sneaking-up" on anyone next year.

Teams will have a better grasp of their offensive gameplan next season.

scsteeler
02-05-2009, 10:24 AM
In my area all of a Sudden I see all these Cardinal fans. Until this year I never saw a Cardinal anything showing support. While Kurt Warner is the gear that makes that offense go this is also the Achilles heal for the Cards. No Warner and this team wins maybe 6 games.

While I think Arizona may be on the upswing I do think they will miss the playoffs next year and yes they deserved to be in the Super Bowl this year, You win you deserve to be there no matter what your record is.

Teams will prepare a lot harder for the Cardinals this upcoming year and I just don't see these guys making it to the playoffs. Only Time will tell.