PDA

View Full Version : No offense but we have no Offense.

silverbackattack
01-19-2009, 05:00 PM
This post will start like most here. I have been a steeler fan and lived around the burgh all of my life. My first memories of the Steelers come in around 1972. Penn State Franco, thighs big enough to bust a 2x6 in half etc.

But, once again yesterday, I witnessed a Steeler offense that cannot score points. Let's all think for a minute. There are alot of weapons on this offense. Enough in fact that there should have been 35 points on the board yesterday.

Everyone with me now. The Steelers need a brandy new Offensive coaching staff. They suck. You can move Tackles to Guards, Guards to Tackles, hell you can even move Linebackers to corners (haha), but it "ain't gonna help".

The organization has steadily ignored the O-line for 5 years and now it is showing.

Most of you have heard the story this year about the O-line meeting on their own 2 nights a week, getting to know each other and solving their own problems. Where is the O-line coach and Mr. Arians. That's right, I don't think they give a Sh-t.

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Dude, are you kidding? Can't score points against the Ravens?

One dropped ball away from blowing open the game, and did it without Ward for most of the game and receivers having to change roles mid game.

You're kidding right?

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 05:04 PM
Sweed dropped a sure TD. Santo dropped another pass that would have probably been a TD, and at least a huge gain. The zebras took another 4 points off the board by taking Santo's catch away and we wound up settling for a FG when it should have at least been 1st down on the damn goal line. All against the #2 defense in the NFL, But yeah, it's the coaches' fault. Whatever.

Dino 6 Rings
01-19-2009, 05:05 PM
Here is what needs done...a single thread needs started for all the folks trying to hedge their bets for a Steelers loss, the "we can't win because 'insert part of team you hate' sucks...then you can all talk to each other about how we have no chance or whatever...

I however beleive we are going to show the world why Defense Wins Championships. And we will score...plenty agains this pathetic watered down defense that Arizona is going to bring, especially after having to play the Toughest Mother Effing Schedule in all of football, including the Giants, Eagles, Redskins, Ravens Twice, Titans, Jags, Cowboys, Patriots and Chargers...all teams that have very capable defenses...

Unlike the Rams, 9ers, Seahawks. Give me a freaking break.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Here is what needs done...a single thread needs started for all the folks trying to hedge their bets for a Steelers loss, the "we can't win because 'insert part of team you hate' sucks...then you can all talk to each other about how we have no chance or whatever...

Doesn't matter, Dino. We could win the SB by 50+ and someone will find something to bitch, whine and complain about. Usually a newbie that joined for that reason alone. :coffee:

Neil-Still-Rules-14
01-19-2009, 05:14 PM
If you had to pick a point in the season to complain about the offense, it certainly wouldn't be now, after they've scored 58 points in two games.

silverbackattack
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
I just haven't been able to get excited about "The Arians Nation offense". It just doesn't seem like Steeler football to me.

I want them to win #6 so bad and I just hope the defense can hold down fitz and Hines is back, because they don't want to get into a scoring battle with Whisenhunt.

devilsdancefloor
01-19-2009, 05:28 PM
you are kidding OMG did you here we are going tothe profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering SUPER BOWL!!

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/1/19/f_suckelsewhem_46d8468.jpg

SuperSteelers
01-19-2009, 05:30 PM
I just haven't been able to get excited about "The Arians Nation offense". It just doesn't seem like Steeler football to me.

I want them to win #6 so bad and I just hope the defense can hold down fitz and Hines is back, because they don't want to get into a scoring battle with Whisenhunt.

There's NO WAY this game turns into a scoring battle!! Against our defense ??!?:coffee:

tony hipchest
this thread reeks.

parker dropped an easy catch too.

sweed and mendenhall are weapons. its up to them to produce.

HometownGal
:yawn:

This thread isn't even worth using a valuable brain cell to reply to it.

Next.

KeiselPower99
01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
Doesn't matter, Dino. We could win the SB by 50+ and someone will find something to bitch, whine and complain about. Usually a newbie that joined for that reason alone. :coffee:

Absolutly correct.:hatsoff:

SteelersinCA
01-19-2009, 05:33 PM
:yawn:

This thread isn't even worth using a valuable brain cell to reply to it.

Next.

Here I thought we would be fending off Cardinal trolls with a stick, seems like the anit-Steelers Steelers "fans" are worse.

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Why is it that people complain about our offense, when we just won the game?? LOL i don't get it, enjoy the win man really. it's not like we avg 5 pts a game

Giovanni
01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Well guys, think about it. We made a lot of mental errors on offense yesterday. Sweed drops a TD, clock mismanagement at the end of the first half, and generally not putting the Ravens away. They had no business being in the game and we nearly gave it away but the defense saved the day again. The offense cannot play like they did yesterday. Too many points left on the field. Ben should have had 3 TDs yesterday. Santonio twice, and Sweed. We cannot miss these opportunities in the SB.

SteelersinCA
01-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Well guys, think about it. We made a lot of mental errors on offense yesterday. Sweed drops a TD, clock mismanagement at the end of the first half, and generally not putting the Ravens away. They had no business being in the game and we nearly gave it away but the defense saved the day again. The offense cannot play like they did yesterday. Too many points left on the field. Ben should have had 3 TDs yesterday. Santonio twice, and Sweed. We cannot miss these opportunities in the SB.

Give it a rest OK? We won. Everyone knows the team that makes the least amount of mistakes wins. This thread is neither constructive nor bringing any information a 10yr old doesn't already know. :doh:

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 05:41 PM

I've been hearing this for five months, yet we're one win away from Lombardi #6.

Polamalu43
01-19-2009, 05:41 PM
STOP COMPLAINING GUYS !! WE WON!!

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-19-2009, 05:44 PM
This post will start like most here. I have been a steeler fan and lived around the burgh all of my life. My first memories of the Steelers come in around 1972. Penn State Franco, thighs big enough to bust a 2x6 in half etc.

But, once again yesterday, I witnessed a Steeler offense that cannot score points. Let's all think for a minute. There are alot of weapons on this offense. Enough in fact that there should have been 35 points on the board yesterday.

Everyone with me now. The Steelers need a brandy new Offensive coaching staff. They suck. You can move Tackles to Guards, Guards to Tackles, hell you can even move Linebackers to corners (haha), but it "ain't gonna help".

The organization has steadily ignored the O-line for 5 years and now it is showing.

Most of you have heard the story this year about the O-line meeting on their own 2 nights a week, getting to know each other and solving their own problems. Where is the O-line coach and Mr. Arians. That's right, I don't think they give a Sh-t.

I love that we make the superbowl and we sit and talk about how bad of a team we have.....

WE HAD THE TOUGHEST SCHEDULE IN THE LEAGUE (ACCORDING TO ESPN -EVER- )

I think we will do just fine

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 06:10 PM
you are kidding OMG did you here we are going tothe profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering SUPER BOWL!!

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/3/1/19/f_suckelsewhem_46d8468.jpg

:rofl:
Dude, you said what I was thinking. Thanks!!!

scsteeler
01-19-2009, 06:12 PM

Dude I don't know what game you were looking at but the Ravens always play the Steelers tough and had it not been for a some key dropped passes and one bad call this game would have been over early 3rd quarter. And with Hines getting hurt this played a big part also. Take that thought to the Arizona board they will appreciate it.

:helmet:

Ricco Suavez
01-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Two posters with the same sentiment, both just joined. Could be someone that was banned last year for the same hash every week.

cubanstogie
01-19-2009, 06:16 PM
its really hard to take this thread seriously after the last 3 games. We have put up well over 300 yards and yesterday against a Defense almost as good as ours. I see us peeking at the right time. This was a good mid season post though. I would guess we have 3 of the longest drives on the Ravens all year.

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 06:16 PM
STOP COMPLAINING GUYS !! WE WON!!

AMEN! Brother man, preach on

lilyoder6
01-19-2009, 06:17 PM
DO U THINK THAT THE FACT THE OFFENSE HAD TROUBLE WAS B/C WE WERE PLAYING THE 2ND RANKED DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VTsteel
01-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Baltimore's Defense is pretty freaking good. Our offense hung 16 pts on them. Not bad in my estimation. Our Offense is good enough to hang 50 on the Cards. And our Defense is good enough to shut them out.

Now quitcher bitchin Brother . . . We won!

NEPAsteeler
01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
There's absolutely no reason for anyone to be bitching about anything right now... bottom line is We're In The Effing Super Bowl! Come on now...

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Baltimore's Defense is pretty freaking good. Our offense hung 16 pts on them. Not bad in my estimation. Our Offense is good enough to hang 50 on the Cards. And our Defense is good enough to shut them out.

Now quitcher bitchin Brother . . . We won!

Agreed. :drink:

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Sweed dropped a sure TD. Santo dropped another pass that would have probably been a TD, and at least a huge gain. The zebras took another 4 points off the board by taking Santo's catch away and we wound up settling for a FG when it should have at least been 1st down on the damn goal line. All against the #2 defense in the NFL, But yeah, it's the coaches' fault. Whatever.don't forget parkers drop....:thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Dude, are you effen serious?

The refs took away at least a first down at the 1 yard line when they reversed what should have been a Holmes TD.

Sweed straight up dropped a 50 yard TD pass.

We lost Ward before the second effen second quarter even got here! If we had Ward, we would have probally had 1 more TD on offense.

Oh, we were also playing the #2 defense in the NFL. A defense that held thier first two playoff opponents to 9 and 10 points, our offense scored 13 on them and it should have been at least 23 on the offense alone.

westbrookw13
01-19-2009, 07:41 PM

I can completely see where you are coming from. Just becuase they won doesnt mean the O could not have put up more. After dominating the entire game -- it came pretty close to being one of those heart breaker types. 16-14 with 5 minutes left! come on

Maybe you other guys are not watching the game or only care about the win and dont really enjoy the game within the game aspect. But clearly their O-line leaves alot to be desired and their punt game was horrible yesterday.

I only complain because, with their D, this team has the ability to be really something special. If they didnt have the weapons, I could see saying, oh well, what do you expect, but I just hate watching sloppiness

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 07:46 PM
Is this a lynch mob? We are going to the fricken Superbowl.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 07:47 PM
I can completely see where you are coming from. Just becuase they won doesnt mean the O could not have put up more. After dominating the entire game -- it came pretty close to being one of those heart breaker types. 16-14 with 5 minutes left! come on

Maybe you other guys are not watching the game or only care about the win and dont really enjoy the game within the game aspect. But clearly their O-line leaves alot to be desired and their punt game was horrible yesterday.

I only complain because, with their D, this team has the ability to be really something special. If they didnt have the weapons, I could see saying, oh well, what do you expect, but I just hate watching sloppiness

A win is a win, especially in a conference championship game. There are no style points awarded. I'm happy we're playing one more game in two weeks and I'm not about to cry over spilled milk.

SteelMember
01-19-2009, 07:50 PM
:wtf:

23>14

westbrookw13
01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
A win is a win, especially in a conference championship game. There are no style points awarded. I'm happy we're playing one more game in two weeks and I'm not about to cry over spilled milk.

no one is happier than I am, but if you cant see they should have had more points on the board then I am not sure what game you are watching

westbrookw13
01-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Is this a lynch mob? We are going to the fricken Superbowl.

point being?

that means the O-line is great? or they didnt miss opportunties

do you guys watch the game from start to finish or do you just turn it on the last 5 minutes to see who wins

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 07:56 PM
no one is happier than I am, but if you cant see they should have had more points on the board then I am not sure what game you are watching

Uh yeah, I kind of alluded to it in my initial post in this thread:

Sweed dropped a sure TD. Santo dropped another pass that would have probably been a TD, and at least a huge gain. The zebras took another 4 points off the board by taking Santo's catch away and we wound up settling for a FG when it should have at least been 1st down on the damn goal line.

As long as we have more points on the board than the other team when the clock hits triple-zero, that's really all I'm ultimately concerned about.

T.Richardson
01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
This team put up 23 points against a tough Baltimore defense. Thats more than the Titans/Dolphins combined!

cubanstogie
01-19-2009, 08:02 PM
point being?

do you guys watch the game from start to finish or do you just turn it on the last 5 minutes to see who wins

I don't communicate well with 12 year olds, no patience I guess but I will try. Did you see our O-line at beginning of year. They have improved greatly, it would be foolish to expect them to be the "hogs", but you can't get too upset at there mentality and the way they took all the criticism. They now deserve some kudos now that we are running better and Ben actually has time to throw. While I am passing out kudos awards I think Arians has done well the last few games as well.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 08:04 PM
I don't communicate well with 12 year olds, no patience I guess but I will try. Did you see our O-line at beginning of year. They have improved greatly, it would be foolish to expect them to be the "hogs", but you can't get too upset at there mentality and the way they took all the criticism. They now deserve some kudos now that we are running better and Ben actually has time to throw. While I am passing out kudos awards I think Arians has done well the last few games as well.

Yeah, but, gee, we aren't winning games 50-0 every week, so we suck. :rolleyes:

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 08:05 PM
point being?

It means I think your whiny. The offense is getting the job done as of last and to have done what they did against a great Baltimore team. Its a HUGE improvement over where we were. Sure there was some missed opportunities but as long as it wasn't game changing turnovers we are alright.

Everything is a work in progress. I dont think Limas Sweed is going to roll out of bed the morning of the Superbowl and out of nowhere go Lynn Swann on the Cardinals. So quit your belly aching. The team is working on it. This stuff takes time.

westbrookw13
01-19-2009, 08:07 PM
This team put up 23 points against a tough Baltimore defense. Thats more than the Titans/Dolphins combined!

are you serious? Did you watch the game?

Their top CB was OUT. and their 2nd and 3rd string CB's were hurt in the game. Plus Suggs was hurting.

Did you watch the half time report? What did Marino say? Keep throwing against the banged up secondary

westbrookw13
01-19-2009, 08:11 PM
It means I think your whiny. The offense is getting the job done as of last and to have done what they did against a great Baltimore team. Its a HUGE improvement over where we were. Sure there was some missed opportunities but as long as it wasn't game changing turnovers we are alright.

Everything is a work in progress. I dont think Limas Sweed is going to roll out of bed the morning of the Superbowl and out of nowhere go Lynn Swann on the Cardinals. So quit your belly aching. The team is working on it. This stuff takes time.

you dont even make sense. no one is talking about Sweed and the Cardinals.
Great Baltimore team is stretching it quite a bit

working on it? Its the conf championships, at home, and that idiot Colon is still false starting.

JPSEMP
01-19-2009, 08:13 PM
The offense was superb in this game. 16 pts and only one turnover is what it takes to beat the Ravens. If Ward was able to play the whole game I think it would have been worth at least 7 more pts. The throw to Sweed would have been made to Washington if Ward was in. I would like to see a little change up in the running game when things ain't going anywhere. I'm not critiquing Willie ( there was no where to run) but sometimes a change-up is needed against a stifiling run D.

BlackAndGold4Ever
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
OMG will everybody relax alittle. WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL end of story. I've been bitching about the offence since August but you know what we score when it matters, and I truely do not believe that the Cards D is tougher than the Ravens. We'll be ready to play on 2-1-09

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 08:16 PM
are you serious? Did you watch the game?

Their top CB was OUT. and their 2nd and 3rd string CB's were hurt in the game. Plus Suggs was hurting.

Did you watch the half time report? What did Marino say? Keep throwing against the banged up secondary

And they're still at least 10 times better on D than the team we'll be facing in two weeks. For someone who's supposedly "happy" about this win, you're sure doing enough pissing and moaning about it.

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Dude I brought it up because thats the NEXT GAME. You are saying we suck while meanwhile the Steelers are going to the Superbowl. Im telling you to stop whining because of it. And yes the Steelers working on the Offense, its getting better. Why would you stop working on fixing odds and ends stuff just because its the playoffs?

RoethlisBURGHer
01-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Listen people, we were playing the Baltimore Ravens, the owners of the #2 defense in the NFL.

Losing Ward in the second quarter was a huge loss. He makes the tough catches. He keeps drives alive on third-and-5.

When Ward went down, our recievers roles all changed. Holmes went from #2 to #1, Washington from #3 to #2, and Sweed from #4 to #3. It doesn't sound like a big switch up, but it's huge.

We went to Washington a lot this year as the #3 reciever. So instead of going to Washington we had to go to Sweed, who dropped a 50 yard TD catch. Would Washington have made that catch? I don't know, but I give Washington a better chance at it than Sweed.

Not to mention there was no running game to speak of, which is normal when you play the Ravens. We had to go one dimensional and we still won the game.

Our offens scored the most points on the Ravens in the playoffs, 16. The Dolphins scored 9 and the Titans scored 10.

westbrookw13
01-19-2009, 08:29 PM
My thoughts exactly.. coulda shoulda woulda been 14 more points on top of the 23, which would make it 37 pts against the number 2 D in the leaque (who hates us with a passion BTW), for the CHAMPIONSHIP.

thats excactly the point, its always could shouda woulda with their offense

they dont capitolize

westbrookw13
01-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Atleast he's starting, all your guys are at home playing circle jerk.

you get the idiot trophy for sure

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 08:32 PM
you get the idiot trophy for sure

And you get the whiny-assed crybaby award. :binky:

SteelTalons
01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
:troll: Why is there an Eagle fan(westbrookw13) arguing with Steelers fans about the Steelers? Lose a bet did ya buddy?

westbrookw13
01-19-2009, 08:35 PM
Did you watch the game dingleberry? I remember 5minutes in the FIRST QTR, Ben was hurt (back) and ward was out. Not much later Harrison was twitching on the feild. What about our 4th string receiver? They're not the only one with injuries. This is the first time we've been healthy all year. We went 12-4 with our 3rd and 4th string RB.

what the hell are you talking about moron?
I dont think you even know how to read

so ward being out and Ben getting hurt means Sweed should drop a TD pass, who cares if washington would a been there, any reciever could caugt that,

means they should continue to run up the gut, when Johnson klast week showed this D can get beat with speed to the outside

it means Ben should mismanage the clock in the 2bd quarter?

moron :tt:

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 08:37 PM

so ward being out and Ben getting hurt means Sweed should drop a TD pass, who cares if washington would a been there, any reciever could caugt that,

means they should continue to run up the gut, when Johnson klast week showed this D can get beat with speed to the outside

:troll: :wave:

SteelCityMom
01-19-2009, 08:38 PM
thats excactly the point, its always could shouda woulda with their offense

they dont capitolize

Seriously? Why are you complaining? We put up good offensive numbers against the number 2 defense who just happen to be division rivals trying to kill us for a spot in the SB. I think that's something to be happy about.

You want a stellar performance out of the offense, something you can compare to what we may do against the Cardinals defense? Look no further than to last weeks playoff game against the Chargers. Ben and the offense destroyed that defense. It wasn't even close....except for the garbage TD they got at the end of the game that made the score appear closer.

If you haven't noticed that the Steelers offense has stepped up and played better than ever during the playoffs then I can only conclude that you are someone who expects complete perfection and can never be happy with a win no matter how big it is.

SteelCityMom
01-19-2009, 08:40 PM

I don't believe you are a Steeler fan....you are far too pessimistic to be a Steeler fan.

silverbackattack
01-19-2009, 08:57 PM

Hey T,

16 points and I believe 3 of those were on a turnover on Balty's side of the field.

I didn't start this post as a slam on the whole team. I guess I was just trying to point out that Arizona has made some good teams look pretty bad in the playoffs and I don't believe there is going to be any room for sloppy play.

eden
01-19-2009, 08:59 PM
Dude, are you kidding? Can't score points against the Ravens?

One dropped ball away from blowing open the game, and did it without Ward for most of the game and receivers having to change roles mid game.

You're kidding right?

AMEN THE OLINE DID AWESOME and we were playing the ravens i think we played great dont forget the holmes call we should have had the ball on the 1 o well we won :applaudit:

silverbackattack
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
One more thing,

Don't forget about the roughing the kicker's big toe...... That turned up 0 (zero) points at the end of the half.

43Hitman
01-19-2009, 09:10 PM
Hey T,

16 points and I believe 3 of those were on a turnover on Balty's side of the field.

I didn't start this post as a slam on the whole team. I guess I was just trying to point out that Arizona has made some good teams look pretty bad in the playoffs and I don't believe there is going to be any room for sloppy play.

Sounds to me that you have no faith in this team. And are trying to get you some lemmings to jump off a cliff with you. Not gonna happen son, we are STEELER NATION and stand proud and will not give in to the fear. So you can take your fear and shove it up your a$$. We got to this game by playing hard nosed football for 5 months, against the best the NFL has to offer. You wanna be afraid then go find a cave to fetal up. Cause most of us aint! :coffee:

devilsdancefloor
01-19-2009, 09:16 PM
One more thing,

Don't forget about the roughing the kicker's big toe...... That turned up 0 (zero) points at the end of the half.

http://img18.picoodle.com/img/img18/3/1/19/f_imCORNERm_48ef9e6.jpg

I heard the band wagon you are currently on makes a stop real soon why dont you hope off and get back on the * bandwagon

eden
01-19-2009, 09:17 PM
we are steeler nation let the coaches try for perfectio it is our job as fans to cheer for and supprt our awesome team think about what they have accomplished over the years they are great and always competative :tt: :tt03: :tt02:

touchdownward
01-19-2009, 09:21 PM
This thread is destined for the Fun House section of this site. :chuckle:

Rick5895
01-19-2009, 10:02 PM
Sweed dropped a sure TD. Santo dropped another pass that would have probably been a TD, and at least a huge gain. The zebras took another 4 points off the board by taking Santo's catch away and we wound up settling for a FG when it should have at least been 1st down on the damn goal line. All against the #2 defense in the NFL, But yeah, it's the coaches' fault. Whatever.

Sweed dropped a pass, but he made up for it with a couple of tough catches and an amazing block on Ivey. The pass Santo "dropped" was a poorly thrown ball and the other play was NOT a reception, video proved it.
Mental mistakes hurt us, especially kemeotu (Unneccesary roughness) that lead to the ratbirds first td.
However after saying that, Our offense is fine, this was the ratbirds we played, they have a very good D. We will put up 31-38 points on the Cards, we just need to contain Fitz.

Superbowl final STEELERS 38 cards 27

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 10:36 PM
The pass Santo "dropped" was a poorly thrown ball and the other play was NOT a reception, video proved it.

It was still a very catchable ball - not every ball is going to hit him in the numbers, and he needs to go get those, particularly when the ball still hits his hands. Sorry, he took two steps with it, made a football move and still had the ball firmly within his grasp. How many steps does a receiver have to take before it's considered a completed pass? By the logic of that ruling, he could have run for 60 yards with it, and since he bobbled the ball when he hit the ground, it would still be incomplete.

cubanstogie
01-19-2009, 10:45 PM
It was still a very catchable ball - not every ball is going to hit him in the numbers, and he needs to go get those. Sorry, he took two steps with it, made a football move and still had the ball firmly within his grasp. How many steps does a receiver have to take before it's considered a completed pass? By the logic of that ruling, he could have run for 60 yards with it, and since he bobbled the ball when he hit the ground, it would still be incomplete.

Santonio's so called drop was a great throw, bad call IMO he made 2 steps then tried to reach across the goal line. The ball came out due to the ground after he crossed the line. Had he not tried to reach across he it would have been first and goal at the 1 foot line. If 2 steps doesn't constitute control then what is.

shevdog
01-19-2009, 10:59 PM

I'll still stand by my statement throughout the 2008 season that I think Bruce Arians should be fired, even if the Steelers win the Super Bowl. Too many missed scoring opportunities this season and in the playoffs, especially getting stopped on the goal line. Ben's been better and better in recent weeks, which is good, because this is when it really counts. All those drops and incomplete passes where on the mark by Ben.

Sure the Steelers could have put up 10-14 more points against the Ravens, yet the Offense did a fairly good job. think the O-line has been much improved, a big parrt of Ben's success. Ben has NO int's. So I have said Ben hasn't been too consistant during much of the season where O-line is much to blame. Ben threw some passes away and didn't take as many coverage sacks. So I am going to say that the Offense is much improved in those regards.

Running game... Well we still lack consistency... Willie is healthy and he's still a big gain threat. Going up against the Cardinals, not a defense like the Ravens, I think we'll have better luck on the ground game. As Wiz should know, we'll control the clock. Likely we'll play Steeler footbal on Feb 1, which then translates to a hard fought win by the Steelers.

Btw, enjoy the win! Pittsburgh is going to the Super Bowl, you know?!

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-20-2009, 12:57 AM
:jerkit:

...that is all.

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
If we score 2 points on defense, and they score zero, we still win, and since you can only win the Super Bowl, and there are no ther teams left standing or games left to play, we will have enough offense to be the best we could be this year.

We will win the Super Bowl this year, so, ergo, we will have had enough offense for this year. Whether we win 190-o or 3-0 becomes irrelevant.

markymarc
01-20-2009, 12:41 PM
While I still believe Arians and the OL is not very good, let's wait and see what happens in Tampa Bay. After we win then let's talk about what can be done to improve the Steelers :tt02: