PDA

View Full Version : it will be interesting to see what the ravens will do

lilyoder6
01-19-2009, 05:36 PM
i just want to see what the ravens do next.. they have some big issues they have to work out and all

the ravens just lost there DC rex ryan to the new york jets.

and there are rumors that kochikens or w/e his name is from the ravens fo will become the new browns gm

then on the upcoming FA u have

kyle boller "obv this is not a must need re-sign since they have flacco"

dawuan landry "not a starter anymore but could provide depth"

jason brown "there starting center, there anchor of the o-line"

and then the big 3 who control the middle of the def, and are all big names

ray lewis, bart scott, and terrel suggs

so what u guys think will happen?

The Duke
01-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Want to keep moving forward with that offense? Resign Jason Brown

Many teams will have this guy on their radar if he hits FA

And I highly doubt they keep all 3 linebackers

ShutDown24
01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
They'll be able to sign one linebacker long term and they'll probably franchise another. They won't be able to re-sign all three. I think Scott is the odd man out. Suggs is probably the best of the group but you know they won't let Ray Ray go. I think they probably give Lewis the contract and franchise Suggs meaning bye-bye Bart Scott. That would leave them enough room to at least make a run at the remainder of their free agents. They can also determine whether or not they want Landry to return as a starter, as he was prior to his injury. If the answer to that is no then that's another guy they won't have to worry about. Overall I think this was the last chance this defensive team had to carry the franchise considering their age. And the departure of some defensive guys, not the least of which Rex Ryan, pretty much seals the deal on my theory.

Steeler in Carolina
01-19-2009, 07:30 PM
Ryan may take some of the players to NY.

Godfather
01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Smart thing to do froma football standpoint would be to let Stabby walk, given his age and the need for cap room. But I agree with Shutdown24 that Scott will be the most likely odd man out.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Ray gets a contract. I don't know if the franchise Suggs again, he was just playing on a one-year franchise player contract, and I don't know if there was language to keep him from being franchised again.

I think Bart Scott is the odd man out too. He's not as good as he thinks he is anyhow.

Landry is probally gone. I don't see him getting his starting job back and he's more than good enough to start at SS for another team for more money.

Rex Ryan is gone, and he's gonna purge some of that Ravens staff for his assistant coaches. If the Ravens have a plan of who they want to promote from the inside for DC, they better do it before the same person is offered the Jets DC job by Ryan.

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2009, 03:35 AM
i read somewhere that suggs has a no franchise tag clause in his contract.....:noidea: they'll resign suggs and lewis.....kick scott to the curb... probably get rid of mcgahee, and rolle.....:popcorn:

Aussie_steeler
01-20-2009, 04:15 AM
Jerry Jones Alert

Word around the NFL is that the Dallas Cowboys are very interested in obtaining Ravens inside linebacker Ray Lewis if he becomes a free agent. The speculation is that the Cowboys are willing to give Lewis a three-year deal worth between $27 and $30 million, with $25 million guaranteed.
Dallas owner Jerry Jones believes his team is in the serious hunt for a Super Bowl title next season, and that Lewis could help solve some of the team's problems inside the locker room.

The Ravens are expected to begin negotiations with Lewis, who is in the last year of his contract, as soon as the season is over. Fellow linebackers Bart Scott and Terrell Suggs are also in the final years of their contracts.

Suggs' decision to play against the Steelers was a courageous one. Oh, and by the way, he happened to come up with two big sacks.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2009/01/ray_lewis_2.html

devilsdancefloor
01-20-2009, 08:03 AM
lol only JJ would over spend on LB like ray ray in the twilight of his career! Oh geez i bet this is just tweeking alot of the raven faithful lol!! they lose to us 3 times in one year and now this!!:tt03:

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 09:13 AM
Bear in mind that we probably totally broke them in the AFCCG. It has to completely demoralize a team to be so thoroughly beaten when they were SO sure they were better than the Steelers.

That defeat will leave a mark on the Ratturds franchise for years to come.

The Duke
01-20-2009, 09:31 AM
Chris McAllister could be another cap casualty

Two big inuries the last 2 seasons. Either him or Rolle is gone, after all they managed to have a good defense with Fabian freakin washington!!

jjpro11
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Bear in mind that we probably totally broke them in the AFCCG. It has to completely demoralize a team to be so thoroughly beaten when they were SO sure they were better than the Steelers.

That defeat will leave a mark on the Ratturds franchise for years to come.

i wish.. but i know we didnt crumble after 2004. we'll see what kind of a coach harbaugh is next year though.

scott should go.. i didnt even hear his name called on sunday. hines had a bigger impact on the game and he barely played half a quarter.

revefsreleets
01-22-2009, 09:31 AM
i wish.. but i know we didnt crumble after 2004. we'll see what kind of a coach harbaugh is next year though.

scott should go.. i didnt even hear his name called on sunday. hines had a bigger impact on the game and he barely played half a quarter.

I think the 2006 season was much more devastating to us as far as the Ratbirds go. But there is a key difference: We weren't a very good football team that year.

This year the Rats were POSITIVE that they were the better team and had all kinds of silly excuses as to why we beat them twice. They were convinced they would whip us in the playoffs. But we proved to them and everyone else that we are the better team. The main difference is they year they swept us we weren't very good, but they are a quality football team this year. It will stick with them and mess with their heads that we smacked them around when they were playing their best football.

lilyoder6
01-22-2009, 10:15 AM
i could see rexy ryan tring to bring some coaches and players away from the ravens..

if the cowboys want to get ray ray.. then they get there "leader" that they have been looking for.. if it was me.. even tho ray ray is was a great player and is a great icon and good player now.. idk how many yrs he has left at 33/34.. y not keep scott who could take over ray's pos.. but with less the mouth