PDA

View Full Version : Round one Patriots?

Conan
12-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Due to the bungals loss this puts the steelers in an interesting position. It is assumed that we will beat detroit and make the playoffs. But now the scenario has changed a bit, if NE wins tonight against the jets (which they should) and again against the dolphins (which they should) and the bungals lose to KC in KC (which they probably will) this will put both NE and CIN at 11-5. And with the patriots having the better conference record that would put us going into Foxboro in the first round. I think we can beat either team, I REALLY want to go into cincinatti and destroy them, and while im not afraid of it i dont like the idea of gpoing into foxboro with the PATS on a roll. What do you guys think?

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Due to the bungals loss this puts the steelers in an interesting position. It is assumed that we will beat detroit and make the playoffs. But now the scenario has changed a bit, if NE wins tonight against the jets (which they should) and again against the dolphins (which they should) and the bungals lose to KC in KC (which they probably will) this will put both NE and CIN at 11-5. And with the patriots having the better conference record that would put us going into Foxboro in the first round. I think we can beat either team, I REALLY want to go into cincinatti and destroy them, and while im not afraid of it i dont like the idea of gpoing into foxboro with the PATS on a roll. What do you guys think?

bengals will rest their players. they would rather play the jags than the steelers anyways. if miami goes to foxboro then the patriots will rest everyone and suit up beer vendors and still shut out the phins.

steelers will be going to foxboro. personally i think their would be more satisfaction out of beating the bengals instead of the pats in the 1st round.

Atlanta Dan
12-26-2005, 07:52 PM
bengals will rest their players. they would rather play the jags than the steelers anyways. if miami goes to foxboro then the patriots will rest everyone and suit up beer vendors and still shut out the phins.

steelers will be going to foxboro. personally i think their would be more satisfaction out of beating the bengals instead of the pats in the 1st round.

Please walk me through why it would be more satisfying to beat the Bungles (which a lot of "experts" will be expecting the Steelers to do) than beat a team that has won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and has twice beaten the Steelers at home in the AFC Championship to keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl.

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 08:31 PM
because they are a conference rival and we will be playing them twice next season. it sends a message to the whole division for next season. plus if things play out as currently seeded we would play bengals- then, if we won, go to indy and if we won that game and pats beat jax and denver, we play patriots in the afc champ game once again. what could be more satisfying than making the superbowl travelling that route. if we do that than we wouldve beaten the best in all three phases:

best in our division
best this year
best last year (defending champs)

all on the road. now thats satisfaction

Atlanta Dan
12-26-2005, 08:52 PM
In terms of looking forward to making a statement for next year rather than looking back to avenge past playoff disappointments I see your point in wanting to beat the Bengals.

In terms of a springboard for this year, I believe going into Indy after putting away the Pats (as opposed to beating a Bengals team that is not in the Steelers' collective head) provides more fuel for the fire needed for a playoff run on the road. Steelers probably will need to beat the Pats & Colts in the playoffs to get to Detroit and I would prefer to get the Pats in the first round rather than after the Pats dispatch Jax & Denver, at which point they assume destiny is on their side if they have avoided having to play Indy.

JerseySTEEL
12-26-2005, 09:06 PM
I fell we can beat both teams. And i agree with Dan the Pats would be my choice in round 1. Yes, every steelers fans would love to see us beat the bengals but i think the bengals have a better chance of losing to jags then the Pats. The Pats at home are good but with so many injurys and even brady hurt and now teddy getting carted off the field on MNF i think we can beat them at home!

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2005, 09:12 PM

Aggreed with the going to foxboro comment. I'd rather not have them think they'll be Super Bowl Champions After The Bengals. The Patriots Are gonna miss the Indianapolis Colts. Because we'll knock em out and then beat the Colts. And Win the AFC Championship Game And Then the Super Bowl. Well The Road To Detroit Starts At Home Against Detroit.

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 09:13 PM
In terms of looking forward to making a statement for next year rather than looking back to avenge past playoff disappointments I see your point in wanting to beat the Bengals.

In terms of a springboard for this year, I believe going into Indy after putting away the Pats (as opposed to beating a Bengals team that is not in the Steelers' collective head) provides more fuel for the fire needed for a playoff run on the road. Steelers probably will need to beat the Pats & Colts in the playoffs to get to Detroit and I would prefer to get the Pats in the first round rather than after the Pats dispatch Jax & Denver, at which point they assume destiny is on their side if they have avoided having to play Indy.
the patriots allready assume this is their year of destiny. getting bruschi back, brady throwing for more yards than ever, avoiding the loss of their co-ordinators and injured players, still winning the division, having a 3peat to go for, and guaranteed their coach will be playing the "no respect" card like he never has before. granted they will gain momentum as they advance in the playoffs but i dont think playing them in the 1st or 3rd playoff game makes too much of a difference. i think they will play just as hard in the wild card game as they will the afc champ game

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 09:15 PM
We're gonna have to go on the road the majority of the way... alot of things can happen that could put in different stadiums for the postseason.... but beating the bengals would be satisfying to knock them outta the playoffs...but knocking out the pats would be alittle more sweeter, IMO

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 09:24 PM
I`m looking at the big picture here. The goal has always been to get to Detroit for the ring. Bring on anybody!

Livinginthe past
12-26-2005, 09:52 PM
I dont mind admitting that I would much prefer the Jags to the Steelers.

Jax are a little bit of an unknown quantity - we arent even sure who is going to be their starting QB come the wild card round - they have played good teams hard - then let poor teams take them to the wire the very next week.

I can only imagine that Pittsburgh would much rather get Cincy - as they are still quite a one-dimensional team - Pats can beat you both ways D or Offense.

I can also see that the reward would be higher for toppling the Pats in their own house, in the playoffs - this would go some way to erasing the pain of the last 4 years.

Im praying Bruschi is ok - caught a bang on the knee - didnt look massively serious until he jumped at the end of the run which made me think hamstring.

Leg injury is about as detailed as that report is going to be - we'll probably have to wait until the wild card round before we know the extent of the injury.

Oh - the Jets are a poor side - but we absolutely dominating every facet of the game - the Jets are playing pretty dirty and getting caught.

Its Steelers football out there at the minute - 100yds rushing at the half (that was a 2game total for us earlier in the season)

NM

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 10:04 PM
this years playoffs has nothing to do with erasing pain of the past 4 years. the team will not approach the games with that mindset either. what happened in the past is gone and forgotten. this year is for this year and they are playing for the ring. regardless whom they play. its not about retribution, revenge, or avenging past games, its about being the champ. that will be the only motivation needed. all that other stuff, like gaining respect, or shocking the world, is psychological hocus pocus. i dont think the steelers need it.

this mnf game is a joke! the pats are going for it on every 4th down and converting. theyre playing it like its madden and jets are going down in browns fashion.

and it looks like the fans are leaving after a 3 td lead with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. pathetic!

Brady12
12-26-2005, 10:04 PM
I would rather play Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game, so hopefully Cincinnati does lose next week, and New England wins... But what were not seeing is Pittsburgh can still miss the playoffs... If for some reason...
they lose :busted: to :point: Detroit :rofl: and KC beats Cincinnati, KC would be in, not Pittsburgh.

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I would rather play Indianapolis in the AFC Championship Game, so hopefully Cincinnati does lose next week, and New England wins... But what were not seeing is Pittsburgh can still miss the playoffs... If for some reason...
they lose :busted: to :point: Detroit :rofl: and KC beats Cincinnati, KC would be in, not Pittsburgh.

this is the same story as the past month. steelers must win to get in. nobody has missed this fact.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 11:21 PM
One game at a time we realize that, hopefully this will help us this season!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 11:24 PM
Way too much has to realistically happen for us to play the Pats in the first round.. its much more concievable that it'll be the bengals assuming we get there..

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 11:27 PM
I kep preaching : One game at a time:" But I`m so ready this season for the playoffs. I`m more excited this year than after last year when we were 15-1. We were due to lose and we were getting a little to big for our britches. This year we are hungry!

Livinginthe past
12-26-2005, 11:30 PM
this years playoffs has nothing to do with erasing pain of the past 4 years. the team will not approach the games with that mindset either. what happened in the past is gone and forgotten. this year is for this year and they are playing for the ring. regardless whom they play. its not about retribution, revenge, or avenging past games, its about being the champ. that will be the only motivation needed. all that other stuff, like gaining respect, or shocking the world, is psychological hocus pocus. i dont think the steelers need it.

this mnf game is a joke! the pats are going for it on every 4th down and converting. theyre playing it like its madden and jets are going down in browns fashion.

and it looks like the fans are leaving after a 3 td lead with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd. pathetic!

Sure, I can totally see your point Tony.

The reason why we totally dont have any sort of rivalry with the Colts is that past history is always forgotten straight away.

For the same reason, the Steelers dont have any sort of rivalry with the Patriots either - this will just be a simple game of playoff football with no added spice whatsoever......can I switch off the sarcasm now?

Either you are more of a fan of Belichicks pre-game assessments than you let on with your bland, robotic statement of the facts.......or you dont want to admit that a Patriots match up for the Steelers would have added significance when compared to another potential match-up...for whatever reason......

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Getting to big for our britches was the downfall of this team many times in seasons past..but you can just sense now that the door is opened the players are giving it all they got. I mean when you can put your sole focus on 1 team no matter what the records are thats what its all about and what we need to continue to do.

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 11:34 PM
LITP there isn`t any doubt in my mind that a Steelers Pats rivalry exist. And I hate to admit it. But the Pats are a huge threat once again. Brady is crafty and finds a way to win. BB has them in position to start another run. This may not be thier best team, but there knocking again!

Livinginthe past
12-26-2005, 11:48 PM
LITP there isn`t any doubt in my mind that a Steelers Pats rivalry exist. And I hate to admit it. But the Pats are a huge threat once again. Brady is crafty and finds a way to win. BB has them in position to start another run. This may not be thier best team, but there knocking again!

Even though the recent playoff history has been a little lop-sided I can tell you that it would still hurt to lose to either the Colts or the Steelers in the playoffs - once you get on top of a team you dont want to let them off the floor.

Inter-team rivalry is what makes the game great - especially ones that exist outside your division - its means when you play them its normally for something big.

The secondary is the only thing that worries me - we could get caught out by jumpballs due to Ellis Hobbs' small stature - and Samuel was not playing with a great deal of confidence before tonight...he makes a pick...then he is off injured...typical!

I would love to find room for two more playoff games against the Steelers and the Colts this year.

NM

Sharkissle29
12-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Please walk me through why it would be more satisfying to beat the Bungles (which a lot of "experts" will be expecting the Steelers to do) than beat a team that has won 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls and has twice beaten the Steelers at home in the AFC Championship to keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl.
agree 100%, even though the bengals and their fans are getting ****y..there would be nothing better that us beating them to knock them off. and their would be nothing worse than losing to them AGAIN!!

SteelersGirlTN7
12-27-2005, 12:23 AM
The comment was made earlier in this thread about the Pats winning both of their games and the Bengals most likely losing to KC.

I say, don't count out the Fins - remember what they did to the Pats in 4 minutes last season!

As far as who we play goes, I will have to agree w/ those who want the Bengals first...

I want the Revenge 2006 Series! CIN, IND, NE

Brady12
12-27-2005, 12:26 AM
haha, I'd love to see the Bengals drop to Pittsburgh in Wildcard, New England beat Jacksonville, and then in the divisionals have Pittsburgh drop Indy, and New England drop Denver... That means New england hosts their third consecutive AFC Championship :D

Koopa
12-27-2005, 12:36 AM

this is the one thing i do NOT want to happen to us. the pats scare the hell out of me, mainly cause brady is so damn clutch. i think we can beat them, and it would be sweet revenge to knock off the world champs at their home, but i much much much much rather play the bengals mainly cause they have no playoff experince they've lost some of their steam heading into the playoffs and plus we'd take back the victory they stole from us last month.

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 07:07 AM
haha, I'd love to see the Bengals drop to Pittsburgh in Wildcard, New England beat Jacksonville, and then in the divisionals have Pittsburgh drop Indy, and New England drop Denver... That means New england hosts their third consecutive AFC Championship :D
Why do we have to beat Indy? LOL Why can`t you beat Indy? LOL Just joking I understand the palyoff scenario

Ambridge
12-27-2005, 07:15 AM
Looking at it from a sheer payback point of view it would be great to bounce New England, Jacksonville, Indy and Cincy from the playoffs seeing how each of those teams gave the Steelers 4 of their 5 losses. So I guess it really doesn't matter who the Steelers get in the opening round.

Should the Steelers play the Pats in the WC round the thought of Tom Brady and his very good short passing game which the Steelers defense struggles mightily against is already giving me heartburn.

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 07:32 AM
Looking at it from a sheer payback point of view it would be great to bounce New England, Jacksonville, Indy and Cincy from the playoffs seeing how each of those teams gave the Steelers 4 of their 5 losses. So I guess it really doesn't matter who the Steelers get in the opening round.

Should the Steelers play the Pats in the WC round the thought of Tom Brady and his very good short passing game which the Steelers defense struggles mightily against is already giving me heartburn.
Dang! Why did you have to mention Brady and his short passing game agaisnt us? I was having a good morning too! LOL::grin:

Prosdo
12-27-2005, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't mind facing NE. It would be nice to knock them out. But I also wouldn't mind knocking the Bengals out.

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Sure, I can totally see your point Tony.

The reason why we totally dont have any sort of rivalry with the Colts is that past history is always forgotten straight away.

For the same reason, the Steelers dont have any sort of rivalry with the Patriots either - this will just be a simple game of playoff football with no added spice whatsoever......can I switch off the sarcasm now?

Either you are more of a fan of Belichicks pre-game assessments than you let on with your bland, robotic statement of the facts.......or you dont want to admit that a Patriots match up for the Steelers would have added significance when compared to another potential match-up...for whatever reason......

NM

once again your either not reading the complete thread or just not seeing beyond your nose.

bengals in the 1st round
indy in the 2nd round and
patriots again in the afc champ game for the 3rd round.

you think the steelers are concerned at this point about a rivalry with the patriots?
they got some business to handle with an afc north rival to handle first. cant have these cats getting to big for their britches too quick. and its time big brother step up and put them into their place. whats so hard about that to understand. a steelers/ bengals matchup would have no spice?

personally i think the patriots have a rather bland style of playing football. kind of like the jaguars. sure they win but id rather watch a colts game or bengals game.

you can knock my preference all you want but the fact is i enjoy watching teams like the rams in 99, bills sb teams, lions with moore, perriman, and sanders, dan fouts chargers, warren moons run and shoot. never was a big fan of watching the 49ers west coast offense.

yes i want the pats again. but i want sweet justice too. i have already outlined this.

domo arrigato (or how ever its spelled)

SteelerFanInCA
12-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Our revenge tour will start in two weeks. Regardless of who they are, we need to keep playing Steeler football.

Livinginthe past
12-27-2005, 03:42 PM
once again your either not reading the complete thread or just not seeing beyond your nose.

bengals in the 1st round
indy in the 2nd round and
patriots again in the afc champ game for the 3rd round.

you think the steelers are concerned at this point about a rivalry with the patriots?
they got some business to handle with an afc north rival to handle first. cant have these cats getting to big for their britches too quick. and its time big brother step up and put them into their place. whats so hard about that to understand. a steelers/ bengals matchup would have no spice?

personally i think the patriots have a rather bland style of playing football. kind of like the jaguars. sure they win but id rather watch a colts game or bengals game.

you can knock my preference all you want but the fact is i enjoy watching teams like the rams in 99, bills sb teams, lions with moore, perriman, and sanders, dan fouts chargers, warren moons run and shoot. never was a big fan of watching the 49ers west coast offense.

yes i want the pats again. but i want sweet justice too. i have already outlined this.

domo arrigato (or how ever its spelled)

Hey if you are happier beating the Bengals (who have been your divisonal whipping boys for as long as I can remember) than the Patriots (who have been your playoff nemesis in recent times) then that is fine with me.

We are welcome to our own opinions on posts like this which are not really factual in nature anyway.

My opinion is that you would rather the Bengals in round one because the Patriots are to the Steelers what the Steelers are to the Bengals.

Oh, and since when did the style of play your opposition employed make ANY SORT OF DIFFERENCE to your perceived rivalry with them?

Anyway - I hope you get what you want...im quite happy with Jax in the first round.

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-27-2005, 03:47 PM
While the Pats are on a roll,and they are getting healthy ,and appear to be hitting on all cyclinders one must also look who they beat these past seven weeks. Jets twice, Bills,Saints,Fins. The only decent teams they've played are the Chiefs(loss) and the Bucs(win). So Bring on The Patsy's ,The Bungles, whomever. We Will Win!

Livinginthe past
12-27-2005, 03:50 PM
While the Pats are on a roll,and they are getting healthy ,and appear to be hitting on all cyclinders one must also look who they beat these past seven weeks. Jets twice, Bills,Saints,Fins. The only decent teams they've played are the Chiefs(loss) and the Bucs(win). So Bring on The Patsy's ,The Bungles, whomever. We Will Win!

Hey - youre a Steelers fan - if I was one id be saying the same thing.

As long as you dont draw the Pats in the 1st round ill be cheering you on against whoever you get.

Cheers

NM

Cape Cod Steel Head
12-27-2005, 04:10 PM
Well it would be nice to meet yet once again in the AFCC. But if the road to Detroit takes us to Foxboro first we'll just have to beat you sooner rather than later.

Brady12
12-27-2005, 04:16 PM
lol, I think it would be a good one... I have the Patriots Super Bowl DVD from last year, so whenever I like, I can watch the AFCC from last season to feel happy :D

Livinginthe past
12-27-2005, 04:16 PM
Well it would be nice to meet yet once again in the AFCC. But if the road to Detroit takes us to Foxboro first we'll just have to beat you sooner rather than later.

Thats fighting talk Mister.....put up your dukes!

NM

augustashark
12-27-2005, 04:40 PM
The deep seeded hatred I have for the Pats will only subside if we can beat them in the playoffs. 1st round, 2nd round, championship game, it does'nt matter to me one bit!!! Cincy has never knocked us out of a afc champshp game!!! Therefore, going to NE and beating them would be more pleasing then beating Cincy!

Livinginthepast, I don't know you brother but you coming in here and speaking about the steelers like you root for them or have a soft spot for them is just plain gut wrenching!! If we beat the Pats in the playoffs no way do I join a chat room in Boston!!!! Come on man give me a break. Your the enemy and I don't want that to be distorted with your: I think the steelers can do well in the playoffs hope to see you in the champshp game BS post's!!

I'm not saying we will beat Cincy or NE in the 1st round but I will say this that everyone on this site is not your friend come kickoff!!!!!

:boxing:

Suitanim
12-27-2005, 04:49 PM
I don't give a f*** who we have to beat in the process, I just want a SB win. Whatever path the Steelers have to take to accomplish this will be both filled with revenge and convincing road wins...Hell, Denver has knocked us out of the big dance a time or two, as well.

Sith Lord
12-27-2005, 05:01 PM
I'd rather go to Cincy. I know it doesnt matter what happened the last time teams play in the NFL, but think about this:

Steelers road to SB: at NE (likely), at Indy, at Den?

Any way you slice it, it doesnt look like its happening.

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 05:14 PM
I just want in! Then we will root them on against whomever. We control nothing. So lets get it on!

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 05:35 PM
Hey if you are happier beating the Bengals (who have been your divisonal whipping boys for as long as I can remember) than the Patriots (who have been your playoff nemesis in recent times) then that is fine with me.

We are welcome to our own opinions on posts like this which are not really factual in nature anyway.

My opinion is that you would rather the Bengals in round one because the Patriots are to the Steelers what the Steelers are to the Bengals.

Oh, and since when did the style of play your opposition employed make ANY SORT OF DIFFERENCE to your perceived rivalry with them?

Anyway - I hope you get what you want...im quite happy with Jax in the first round.

NM you did infer a pats/steelers match-up in the 1st round would have more spice did you not? well i basically upped the ante by saying a pats/steelers rematch would have more spice in the afc champ game. again you fail to see beyond your nose. last year the patriots run had "spice" 1st holding the #1 offence to 3 points and then hanging up 40+ on the #1 defense. maybe youre to lazy to read what i have already spelled out so clearly. to be the best you must beat the best. theres no way the path to the sb through n.e. and denver is more spicy than the path i have already laid out.

#1 in our conference- bengals
#1 team this year- colts
#1 team last year-defending champs patriots

yeah, im really wanting the steelers to duck the patriots.

Livinginthe past
12-27-2005, 05:56 PM
The deep seeded hatred I have for the Pats will only subside if we can beat them in the playoffs. 1st round, 2nd round, championship game, it does'nt matter to me one bit!!! Cincy has never knocked us out of a afc champshp game!!! Therefore, going to NE and beating them would be more pleasing then beating Cincy!

Livinginthepast, I don't know you brother but you coming in here and speaking about the steelers like you root for them or have a soft spot for them is just plain gut wrenching!! If we beat the Pats in the playoffs no way do I join a chat room in Boston!!!! Come on man give me a break. Your the enemy and I don't want that to be distorted with your: I think the steelers can do well in the playoffs hope to see you in the champshp game BS post's!!

I'm not saying we will beat Cincy or NE in the 1st round but I will say this that everyone on this site is not your friend come kickoff!!!!!

:boxing:

Hey Newbie.

A 'deep seeded hatred' no less eh? Sounds like them playoffs losses hit you hard.

I happen to think that someone with a mere 3 posts shouldn't be so quick to tell other posters what they can and cant do on a forum.

I have admired the way the Steelers have approached building a franchise and they are the blueprint the Patriots have used for their own success.

Having said all that, im sure everyone here is glad to have you as their spokesperson regarding who is and isnt 'my friend' come kickoff.

Maybe you should take up boxing or a martial art to rid yourself of all that pent up anger and frustration.

NM

Brady12
12-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Haha. Thats funny, Anyways... I hope we play the Steelers sometime in the playoffs, she'd be a good one.

clevestinks
12-27-2005, 06:09 PM
I would Love playing the Pats! Beat the man to be the man!

tony hipchest
12-27-2005, 06:12 PM
and to beat them with all the chips on the table would make it that much sweeter.

Livinginthe past
12-27-2005, 06:16 PM
you did infer a pats/steelers match-up in the 1st round would have more spice did you not? well i basically upped the ante by saying a pats/steelers rematch would have more spice in the afc champ game. again you fail to see beyond your nose. last year the patriots run had "spice" 1st holding the #1 offence to 3 points and then hanging up 40+ on the #1 defense. maybe youre to lazy to read what i have already spelled out so clearly. to be the best you must beat the best. theres no way the path to the sb through n.e. and denver is more spicy than the path i have already laid out.

#1 in our conference- bengals
#1 team this year- colts
#1 team last year-defending champs patriots

yeah, im really wanting the steelers to duck the patriots.

All these references to

a. my lack of eyesight

b. the size of my nose

c. my lazy attitude

have left me with a horrible complex now - off to the plastic surgeon with me and possibly some sort of 'life-coach' afterward.

You are welcome to wish for whatever path to the Superbowl you desire - as I am free to infer from that wish what I will.

I think we have pretty much drained the juice from this topic.

NM

steeler47
12-28-2005, 11:38 AM
Tom Brady the lone Quarterback to pass for 4000 yards, With one week left!

brandie 12......thats because of .NO RUNNING GAME .!!!:rolleyes:

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 11:39 AM
If The have no running game put the nail in their coffin EARLY.

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Corey [Leon] Dillon is coming back around and getting healthy. Their run game with him at 100% is no joke.

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Too Bad You Lost him in Cincy before he got some rings.

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 12:51 PM
Too Bad You Lost him in Cincy before he got some rings.
Why you always gotta try and bring a man down?

Three words: Rudi is better.

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Why you always gotta try and bring a man down?

Three words: Rudi is better.

Well you haven't gotten a ring yet. I see 4 Rings for the Steelers.

Brady12
12-28-2005, 01:03 PM
lo lthat is a sweet picture cant stop85

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 01:12 PM
Well you haven't gotten a ring yet. I see 4 Rings for the Steelers.
Is that your comeback to everything? lol

And thanks, Brady12.

Koopa
12-28-2005, 01:19 PM

And thanks, Brady12.

lol, i still don't get why some young ppl use that as a comeback, we weren't alive for it so why the hell bring it up? i think it's aight for the fans that were actually alive then to bring it up every now and then but shit happened a 26 years ago, lets win it this year and brag about this one

and your picture is ass :grin:

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 01:25 PM
lol, i still don't get why some young ppl use that as a comeback, we weren't alive for it so why the hell bring it up? i think it's aight for the fans that were actually alive then to bring it up every now and then but shit happened a 26 years ago, lets win it this year and brag about this one

Wow...me and koopa agree on something? lol

You just don't want to admit that it's you in the picture. :smile:

augustashark
12-28-2005, 02:59 PM
Hey Newbie.

A 'deep seeded hatred' no less eh? Sounds like them playoffs losses hit you hard.

I happen to think that someone with a mere 3 posts shouldn't be so quick to tell other posters what they can and cant do on a forum.

I have admired the way the Steelers have approached building a franchise and they are the blueprint the Patriots have used for their own success.

Having said all that, im sure everyone here is glad to have you as their spokesperson regarding who is and isnt 'my friend' come kickoff.

Maybe you should take up boxing or a martial art to rid yourself of all that pent up anger and frustration.

NM

Listen, calling me a newbie is a good one! But only having a few post's changes nothing as far as how I feel or what I know as a Steelers fan.

I did not once disrespect you or name call! I don't know you and as far as I know your are a great man! But the fact is YES those losses not only hurt my pride but also may wallet (due to the damage of personal property i.e. coffee table, remote control). Hate is a strong word I agree, but oh how I do hate the pats. If the tables were turned and we beat you guys, my guess is that you would not be as nice as you are.

Brother, no hard feelings I just want a place were I can come and talk with people who have the same love as I do for our Steelers. When you live in the middle of Ohio like I do, you have to find something or you will go nuts!

So take this as a peace offering as far as you and me but as far as the Steelers and Pats, well thats a different story!

Cheers!

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 03:02 PM

And thanks, Brady12.

Nope. The Bengals Are Unproven this decade. They have not proved they can win in the playoffs yet. Oh wait that's right this decade has been BENGALLESS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

SteelCityMan786
12-28-2005, 03:03 PM

There are just somethings I don't understand either like why I(and others) use the Super Bowl Comeback. We got to win this year.

augustashark
12-28-2005, 03:04 PM
As far as where we will end up for the 1st rd. I see Cincy and NE both losing! So we will end up in Cincy! Which is ok with me. Miami is stronger than what people think!

Keep rollin Ben, We will go as far as you take us!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steeler47
12-28-2005, 03:11 PM
Hey Newbie.

NM

Hey oldie..because he just started posting here dosent mean he hasent posted before.SCREW YOU you patsie @%^$#

steeler47
12-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Corey [Leon] Dillon is coming back around and getting healthy. Their run game with him at 100% is no joke.

HA.HA.yea ok:blah: :blah:

CantStop85
12-28-2005, 04:23 PM
HA.HA.yea ok:blah: :blah:
Bastard...

He ran for over 1500 yards last season...I'm serious.

Oh well, it won't be my fault if you guys get run over. lol

Livinginthe past
12-28-2005, 06:14 PM
Hey oldie..because he just started posting here dosent mean he hasent posted before.SCREW YOU you patsie @%^$#

That a pretty impressive argument there...let me guess - you are the Captain of the School debate team right?

I have a strong feeling this will be the last time I ever reply to one of your posts.

Have a nice day.

NM

Koopa
12-28-2005, 06:18 PM
That a pretty impressive argument there...let me guess - you are the Captain of the School debate team right?

I have a strong feeling this will be the last time I ever reply to one of your posts.

Have a nice day.

NM

shit if you could debate like that in school i would've own the district lol

steeler47
12-28-2005, 06:44 PM

Have a nice day.

NM:blah: :blah:

Killing me with suttle sarcasm .how will I survive?:cool:

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2005, 07:08 PM
I`m looking at the big picture here. The goal has always been to get to Detroit for the ring. Bring on anybody!

I'm with you. Either team we owe revenge to. Maybe the Pats a little more.

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2005, 07:16 PM

You were in the AFCG last year, you didn't host it.:busted:

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2005, 07:24 PM

They can say the same about us! LOL!

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2005, 07:28 PM

Koopa looks like Chad Johnson? And Chad wants to jump on our bandwagon?

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2005, 07:32 PM
Bastard...

He ran for over 1500 yards last season...I'm serious.

Oh well, it won't be my fault if you guys get run over. lol

You're worried about him running over our Defense? Let's talk about your run D, how has it done this season?

Stlrs4Life
12-28-2005, 07:36 PM

47. Livinginthe past has been here awhile. And has always been a very good poster. He's a Pats fan, but a good one at that. He's never been on here disrespecting the Steelers, or had nothing to say bad about them. He's a Pats fan, not a Browns Fan. Maybe you took him the wrong way.

Atlanta Dan
12-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Attached is a link to a Boston Globe story which says the Pats should prefer playing Jax to the Steelers because: 1) the Steelers are better than Jax; and 2) the Steelers will take a physical toll on the Pats win or lose. Article also joins the bandwagon that playing in the Denver altitude may not be preferable to facing the Colts indoors on turf.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/12/28/root_of_the_matter/?page=1

steeler47
12-29-2005, 07:36 AM
They can say the same about us! LOL!

I disagree.
With our O-Line coming back together we will have the POWER running game back.Did you forget the O-Line shuffleing that was going on during the 3 game's we lost ?

I think thats all it was.Now they are back and well,look at our last 3 games.What was it , 80 points we score compared to 10 or 12 that we gave up!

We'll be ok running the ball believe me.Well back'em up with some quick hit's then BAM!!!Fast Willie on the loose!!

clevestinks
12-29-2005, 07:45 AM
shit if you could debate like that in school i would've own the district lol
You and me to!:grin:

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 09:18 AM

I thought I'd never see the day.

Livinginthe past
12-29-2005, 09:58 AM
Attached is a link to a Boston Globe story which says the Pats should prefer playing Jax to the Steelers because: 1) the Steelers are better than Jax; and 2) the Steelers will take a physical toll on the Pats win or lose. Article also joins the bandwagon that playing in the Denver altitude may not be preferable to facing the Colts indoors on turf.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/12/28/root_of_the_matter/?page=1

I had the Bronco's at No.1 on my power ranking before this article came out.

Mainly because I believe that the high altitude is a distinct advantage for only the broncos ,whereas the indoor surface the Colts play on is an advantage for both sets of offenses.

There is only one reason to want the Jags over the Steelers - the Steelers are a better team - simple as that.

Having said that - if we can shut down the running attack of either team we will win.

NM

augustashark
12-29-2005, 10:26 AM
What I don't understand is that everyone thinks that if you shut down our running game....Game over!!!!

I could'nt disagree more, listen Ben looks better than he has since week 3 or 4 and if you don't think he can beat you with his arm then be my guest,,,,,play your 8 or 9 in the box...You will loose!!!!

As far as stopping the run, easier said than done, go no further then the Bears D. They knew we were going to run the ball and they did not even come close to stopping us.

Pats db's are not so good, you don't think we will try to exploit that?

I hope everyone we play go to the 8 or 9!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMan786
12-29-2005, 10:28 AM
What I don't understand is that everyone thinks that if you shut down our running game....Game over!!!!

I could'nt disagree more, listen Ben looks better than he has since week 3 or 4 and if you don't think he can beat you with his arm then be my guest,,,,,play your 8 or 9 in the box...You will loose!!!!

As far as stopping the run, easier said than done, go no further then the Bears D. They knew we were going to run the ball and they did not even come close to stopping us.

I couldn't aggree more augusta. The Steelers can still pass well as long as Big Ben throws no Int's on the Big plays.

Livinginthe past
12-29-2005, 10:48 AM

I would imagine its because everytime you have had your running game shut down you have lost - that is a fact.

Now I am well aware that the Steelers are a strong running team - but the Patriots have a better run D than the Bears since they got healthy.

Apart from Hines Ward and ,to a small degree, Heath Miller the Steelers have a poor receiving corps - which are an even match up against a struggling Pats DB division.

For the record we have already stopped you running once this year - I dont see why we cant do it again.

NM

CantStop85
12-29-2005, 11:32 AM
Now I am well aware that the Steelers are a strong running team - but the Patriots have a better run D than the Bears since they got healthy.

Patriots run D better than the Bears? I wouldn't say that quite yet...

augustashark
12-29-2005, 04:32 PM
CHICAGO 4113 168 11.2 2625 1488 39 274.2 24 10 918 40 0
2. TAMPABAY 4138 261 17.4 2701 1437 46 275.9 15 12 868 31 1
3. PITTSBURGH 4227 237 15.8 2965 1262 35 281.8 15 13 951 46 1
4. DALLAS 4268 264 18.9 2787 1481 30 304.9 14 10 733 33 0
5. CAROLINA 4300 248 16.5 2861 1439 34 286.7 22 16 861 39 0
6. BALTIMORE 4323 279 18.6 2783 1540 49 288.2 10 13 865 38 0
7. JACKSONVIL 4388 256 17.1 2778 1610 27 292.5 19 8 867 45 0
8. DETROIT 4426 283 20.2 2840 1586 46 316.1 16 11 846 30 1
9. WASHINGTON 4432 270 18.0 2842 1590 35 295.5 14 8 771 31 0
10. GREENBAY 4447 327 21.8 2533 1914 48 296.5 9 10 956 31 0
11. DENVER 4456 230 16.4 3269 1187 27 318.3 17 15 689 21 0
12. ATLANTA 4493 290 20.7 2734 1759 32 320.9 14 11 830 31 1
13. INDIANAPOL 4497 234 15.6 2864 1633 24 299.8 17 12 957 43 0
14. ARIZONA 4503 370 24.7 2882 1621 37 300.2 14 11 832 35 0
15. SEATTLE 4565 248 17.7 3184 1381 31 326.1 11 7 902 42 0
16. NYJETS 4609 329 21.9 2583 2026 34 307.3 17 7 1114 28 0
17. SANDIEGO 4708 289 19.3 3515 1193 23 313.9 10 10 909 44 0
18. NEWORLEANS 4709 371 24.7 2712 1997 31 313.9 10 9 925 25 0
19. PHILADELPH 4733 315 22.5 3097 1636 51 338.1 16 10 798 28 0
20. TENNESSEE 4775 381 25.4 3003 1772 29 318.3 9 10 968 38 1
21. CLEVELAND 4802 285 19.0 2729 2073 30 320.1 13 7 1087 21 0
22. MIAMI 4819 291 19.4 3103 1716 45 321.3 13 17 1071 48 2
23. CINCINNATI 4882 313 20.9 3228 1654 28 325.5 31 12 907 27 0
24. OAKLAND 4889 353 23.5 3051 1838 33 325.9 5 14 937 35 0
25. NYGIANTS 4915 286 19.1 3284 1631 33 327.7 17 20 946 38 0
26. NEWENGLAND 4918 310 20.7 3486 1432 40 327.9 11 7 944 31 0
27. MINNESOTA 4925 334 22.3 3238 1687 44 328.3 24 11 897 30 0
28. KANSASCITY 5088 322 21.5 3556 1532 22 339.2 14 15 780 27 0
29. BUFFALO 5289 337 22.5 3165 2124 42 352.6 17 13 1097 34 1
30. STLOUIS 5331 419 27.9 3210 2121 35 355.4 11 12 890 36 0
31. HOUSTON 5500 411 27.4 3379 2121 31 366.7 6 9 999 34 0
32. SANFRNCSCO 5975 411 27.4 4231 1744 59 398.3 14 10 957 28 0

LITP, please find your team above!!!!!! This is current rankings for total D in the NFL!!!

Hmmmmm, low on list you are!!!!!!!!!

With that said, please get your self a pencil (no 2) and paper and write: I WILL NOT LIE ABOUT HOW GOOD MY DEFENCE IS AGAIN!!!!!!!! 1,000 TIMES!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!!

shevdog
12-29-2005, 05:15 PM
Either way it doesn't matter. I want the Steelers to end the Patriots Super Bowl run. I also want revenge on the Bengles and want the Steelers to put them back in their place.

I'm probably way off by saying this, but I think the odds of the Steelers playing the Patsies in the AFC Championship game are slim, if the Steelers play Cincinnatti. New England would face Jacksonville, then either Indy or Denver. Eh, who knows.

We'll see what happens. Steelers are in good form, so everything is looking good heading into the first round of the playoffs. Now for the Steelers to finish the business against the Lions.

steeler47
12-29-2005, 07:38 PM
LITP thinks if he show's his average vocabulary he can pass himself off as a football guru!

But its all:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

By the way.......brandies passing yards are high because why ?

NO running game !!!!:grin: :grin:

Livinginthe past
12-30-2005, 07:53 AM
LITP thinks if he show's his average vocabulary he can pass himself off as a football guru!

But its all:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

By the way.......brandies passing yards are high because why ?

NO running game !!!!:grin: :grin:

Hey 47,

Seeing as you managed to actually put a little bit of football talk in between the embarrassing attempts at 'smack' i'll respond.

That time you spent thinking up girlie names for a rival teams QB would be better spent improving your reading comprehension.

But the Patriots have a better run D than the Bears since they got healthy.

You see the bits I highlighted for you sport?

Run D - not total D.

Since they got healthy - in other words NOT THE WHOLE SEASON.

Its a shame - you obviously put alot of time into compiling them stats - even though they are totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Lets have a look at the last 6 games - since 'we got healthy' - when we had Bruschi and Seymour back from injury.

Saints - Rushes - 21_____Yards - 87
Chiefs - Rushes - 37_____Yards - 112
Jets ---- Rushes - 16_____Yards - 41
Bills ---- Rushes - 12_____Yards - 14
Bucs --- Rushes - 18_____Yards - 30
Jets ---- Rushes - 10_____Yards - 40

Totals -- Rushes - 114____Yards - 324

These figures give us an average of 54 yards per game and an average of 2.8yards per carry which I am sure you will agree are impressive figures.
We have faced some decent RB's in that spell aswell - Cadillac Williams, Willis McGahee, Larry Johnson, Curtis Martin.

Even if you had only managed to misread one part of my original post you would have come up with figures that supported my argument.

Here is the current stats for run D for the whole season so far.

1. San Diego --- Yards per Game - 79.5
2. Pittsburgh --- Yards per Game - 84.7
3. Denver ------- Yards per Game - 84.8
4. New England - Yards per Game - 95.5

8. Chicago ------ Yards per Game - 99.2

So even there New England has a better run defense than the Bears.

Keep reading - I've got more for you.

If we look at common opponents the facts support the Patriots again.

Saints --- v NE - 87 yards ----------- v Chicago - 133 yards
Panthers- v NE - 104 yards ---------- v Chicago - 55 yards
Bucs ----- v NE - 30 yards ----------- v Chicago - 107 yards
Steelers - v NE - 79 yards ----------- v Chicago - 190 yards
Falcons -- v NE - 116 yards ---------- v Chicago - 114 yards

Total ---- v NE - 416 yards ---------- v Chicago - 599 yards

Avg ------ v NE - 83.2 yards --------- v Chicago - 119.8 yards

I hope this post has been instructive for you 47 - I dont enjoy making you look foolish..... actually thats a lie - I do.

Remember read the post properly next time - it'll save you alot of embarrassment and me all this time tutoring you.

Regards

NM

steeler47
12-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Yea.thanks for the cut and paste lesson.

Now take off your 3 month old jersey.

What 5 years you've been a fan now?

What a poser.

Livinginthe past
12-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Yea.thanks for the cut and paste lesson.

Now take off your 3 month old jersey.

What 5 years you've been a fan know?

Thanks for playing 47 - you have been totally owned - you know it, I know it and so does every other poster who reads this thread.

Ill have to pass on your pathetic attempt at bandwagon smack.

Have A Nice Day

NM

lipssinc
12-30-2005, 09:18 AM
As a loyal Miami Dolphin Fan from NYC that has married into a hardcore Steelers family that was born and raised in the Burgh. I have alot of love for the Black and Gold and root for them week to week. I have to say that if and when the Steelers meet the Patsies they will destroy them. On Sunday get ready because the Dolphins will put a hurtin' on you. Your best bet is to sit your best players because the Dolphins will make a statement.

Your living in the past your run is about to be over.

Livinginthe past
12-30-2005, 09:26 AM
As a loyal Miami Dolphin Fan from NYC that has married into a hardcore Steelers family that was born and raised in the Burgh. I have alot of love for the Black and Gold and root for them week to week. I have to say that if and when the Steelers meet the Patsies they will destroy them. On Sunday get ready because the Dolphins will put a hurtin' on you. Your best bet is to sit your best players because the Dolphins will make a statement.

Your living in the past your run is about to be over.

Welcome lipsstick,

Its funny how the playoffs bring out all the 'newbie' posters.

I believe that the Doophins will try and put some hurt on us - they always play us tough - and due to it being the last game of the season we might aswell call it what it is - The Doophins SB.

Anyway - congrats on a nice season so far - I think you will be a force next year.

NM

steeler47
12-30-2005, 09:47 AM
Thanks for playing 47 - you have been totally owned - you know it, I know it and so does every other poster who reads this thread.

Ill have to pass on your pathetic attempt at bandwagon smack.

Have A Nice Day

NM

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Struck a nerve with the time element I see..LOL

Win....lol...what the hell are you talking about.

Struggleing in your own mind for exceptance ?

Again,this isnt the pansie planet.your welcome to ramble as much as you want here.:grin:

steeler47
12-30-2005, 09:49 AM
Welcome lipsstick,

I believe that the Doophins will try and put some hurt on us - they always play us tough - and due to it being the last game of the season we might aswell call it what it is - The Doophins SB.

Anyway - congrats on a nice season so far - I think you will be a force next year.

NM

Notice the O'So powerful "newbie" comment.LOL

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 09:55 AM
I think this post his heading for the Blast Furnace!

steeler47
12-30-2005, 10:12 AM
I think this post his heading for the Blast Furnace!

Please do!

augustashark
12-30-2005, 12:30 PM
Welcome lipsstick,

NM

Again with the newbie smack....Come on litp, does being a new person to this site make them not worthy to give thier point of view!!! You live in the northeast, I thought you guys up there were all for equal rights!!!!!! Maybe it's time to get the aclu involved here!!!

Anyone have Rev. Jackson's phone #?

Livinginthe past
12-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Again with the newbie smack....Come on litp, does being a new person to this site make them not worthy to give thier point of view!!! You live in the northeast, I thought you guys up there were all for equal rights!!!!!! Maybe it's time to get the aclu involved here!!!

Anyone have Rev. Jackson's phone #?

The only people who I have labelled 'newbie' are the ones who come here shouting the odds or trying to lay down the law in their first few posts.

Lipstick's first post contained the word 'patsie' a few times, plus various descriptions of how yours and his team were going to crush mine - if thats not smack...what is?

And lets not forget your 'deep seeded hatred' of the Pats post - which was what? your 1st?

If someone wants to talk football in a sensible way im always game for that - the other posters here will tell you that.

If you think calling someone a 'newbie' is that rude you ought to get out a little more.

Yours respectfully

NM

steeler47
12-30-2005, 02:30 PM
The only people who I have labelled 'newbie' are the ones who come here shouting the odds or trying to lay down the law in their first few posts.

Lipstick's first post contained the word 'patsie' a few times, plus various descriptions of how yours and his team were going to crush mine - if thats not smack...what is?

And lets not forget your 'deep seeded hatred' of the Pats post - which was what? your 1st?

If someone wants to talk football in a sensible way im always game for that - the other posters here will tell you that.

If you think calling someone a 'newbie' is that rude you ought to get out a little more.

Yours respectfully

NM

HEY ASSWIPE..this IS a STEELERS board.

Who the hell cares what your opinion is.You can give it,but thats as far as it goes !Lipsticks a brother...you aint shit!!!

Go back to your pansie planet board where the skin is thin!!

Yours respectfully,(insert suttle sarcasum here):blah: :blah: :grin:

Livinginthe past
12-30-2005, 02:38 PM
HEY ASSWIPE..this IS a STEELERS board.

Who the hell cares what your opinion is.You can give it,but thats as far as it goes !Lipsticks a brother...you aint shit!!!

Go back to your pansie planet board where the skin is thin!!

Yours respectfully,(insert suttle sarcasum here):blah: :blah: :grin:

I think you need to to tone down the language a bit - this isn't even the Blast furnace.

NM

BlitzburghRockCity
12-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Relax people.. 'past is a good guy..its just a difference of opinion.

Prosdo
12-30-2005, 02:44 PM
Relax people.. 'past is a good guy..its just a difference of opinion.

I agree. He is probably one of our most respected posters from another team. As BRC said just a difference of opinion.

lipssinc
12-30-2005, 02:51 PM
LITP, I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but the truth must hurt. I respect New England and what they have accomplished, but you are not the team to beat anymore. If anything your name fits you well. Good luck on Sunday and through the playoffs your going to need it.

Livinginthe past
12-30-2005, 02:58 PM
LITP, I apologize if I hurt your feelings, but the truth must hurt. I respect New England and what they have accomplished, but you are not the team to beat anymore. If anything your name fits you well. Good luck on Sunday and through the playoffs your going to need it.

Thanks dude.

Its not often you hear a Miami fan wishing a Patriots team good luck - I appreciate it.

Consider my feelings unhurt again.

NM

steeler47
12-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks dude.

Its not often you hear a Miami fan wishing a Patriots team good luck - I appreciate it.

Consider my feelings unhurt again.

NM

What a wuss!!:rolleyes:

Please like me..please!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lipssinc
12-30-2005, 03:49 PM
I'll be at the game on Sunday with my wife cheering for the Black and Gold. There is no reason why the Steelers shouldn't beat whoever gets in there way in the playoffs. I'm sick of hearing everyone jumping on the Patriots bandwagon. They are done!!! All they are doing is holding on way to tight.

Thanks for the lookout Steeler47

Steelerbabe28
12-30-2005, 05:56 PM
I would rather play Cincy. New England is getting healty and they scare me in the playoffs. Belicheck seems to have our number. Their LBs can stop any kind of running game. Remember Bettis couldnt get in from the one yard line last year. And for some reason Cowher seems to change his gameplan in big games.

Although anything can happen when you play a division rival in the playoffs, I like our chance against a struggling Cincy. They barely beat the Browns and then we gave them a whoopen. The same week they lose to Mularkys Bills. I think their big heads of ****iness is finally catching up to them and they have no playoff experiance which might give them butterflies.

All Im saying is, that as long as New England gets into the playoffs regardless of how dominate they are in the regulaer season, they scare me in crunch time.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-30-2005, 06:27 PM
i would love for the Bus to pick up the superbowl trophy in detroit (his home town) and say hes retiring.........that would be a great way for him to go.

3 to be 4
12-30-2005, 08:20 PM
it would be our honor to pound the Steelers at home in round one, but seeing how it would be more fun in the AFCC Game again (since i consider the Steelers to be the second best team in the conference) it would be best to wait.

tony hipchest
12-30-2005, 08:31 PM
it would be our honor to pound the Steelers at home in round one, but seeing how it would be more fun in the AFCC Game again (since i consider the Steelers to be the second best team in the conference) it would be best to wait.

in other words it would be way to crushing of a defeat to get beat by a superior team and make an exit from the playoffs as soon as they began?

yeah that would make your season pretty much a waste.

3 to be 4
12-30-2005, 08:35 PM
in other words it would be way to crushing of a defeat to get beat by a superior team and make an exit from the playoffs as soon as they began?

yeah that would make your season pretty much a waste.

no, its just that i give the Steelers their proper respect as the second best team in football, and as such, its only fitting that the Patriots defeat them AGAIN in the AFCC Game.

In a big game, Belichick, Brady, Vinatieri, home field, and the best clutch defense in football are the 5 factors that always put the Patriots over the top. Of course, they wouldnt have home field vs the Colts or Broncos, but the other 4 factors will do the job.

tony hipchest
12-30-2005, 08:40 PM
no, its just that i give the Steelers their proper respect as the second best team in football, and as such, its only fitting that the Patriots defeat them AGAIN in the AFCC Game.

In a big game, Belichick, Brady, Vinatieri, home field, and the best clutch defense in football are the 5 factors that always put the Patriots over the top. Of course, they wouldnt have home field vs the Colts or Broncos, but the other 4 factors will do the job.

i think they should put that 1st trophy in at safety, the second at lb, and the third as an o-linemen.

you think them 25 lb. chunks of tiffany silver are up to it?

clevestinks
12-30-2005, 08:44 PM
As long as we are playing in the AFCC I don`t care where its at! Bring on all comers!