PDA

View Full Version : Words of a browns fan! READ!

steelerfan821
01-19-2009, 08:00 PM
finds it funny how so many people's happiness is dependant upon the performance of a group of individuals playing an archaiac game

There is always the option to focus on friends, family, opportunities, etc. To focus on something as temporary as football creates a weak foundation of happiness.

Organized sports has ruined humanity. All it does is create a false sense of superiority among followers and players. The statement "City A is better than City B because we have more championships" makes people ignorant, close-minded, and infantile. Essentially, it is like saying "My dad can beat up your dad." When are people going to start focusing more on their own success and development as a human being and productive member of society, and less on the success and development of a constantly changing group of individuals who, in a lot of cases, lack any skills necessary to be productive in this world?

What you are failing to realize is the nature of my status does not say anything about not engaging in sports. What it is referring to is the psychological manipulation fans are subject to, based solely on the performance of others. By all means, enjoy sports. It is the overwhelming emotional roller coaster that fans subject themselves to. It is weak-minded and archaic.

Basically this retard is trying to tell me. that football doesnt cause happiness.

But were going to the superbowl! Im happpy as can be!

Go Steelers!

KeiselPower99
01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
In Cleveland they dont have a feeling for happy. If they aint bitchin whining or complaining they are dead.

VinnySteel
01-19-2009, 08:20 PM
Sounds like a long-winded excuse for being a loser.

Steeler in Carolina
01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Nobody from Cleveland can be happy. They live in Cleveland. How happy could someone be living in Cleveland.

Sharkissle29
01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Definitely have to disagree with him. I am happier than ever when the steelers win. I guess i feel like they are apart of me in some way

quadruple yoi
01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
sorry to inform him that the browns aren't the only reason why cleveland sucks. :wave:

steelerfan821
01-19-2009, 08:28 PM
haha yes keep em comin!

quadruple yoi
01-19-2009, 08:34 PM
:wave:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/8627-1.jpg

quadruple yoi
01-19-2009, 08:41 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/225037663zekbKo_ph.jpg

jjpro11
01-19-2009, 08:42 PM
he needs to just pull the trigger and get it over with

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 08:43 PM
sorry to inform him that the browns aren't the only reason why cleveland sucks. :wave:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl::rofl:

VinnySteel
01-19-2009, 08:47 PM
This is what James Harrison thinks of that opinion
http://bitcast-a.v1.iad1.bitgravity.com/sportelligence/images/photos/photo_large/88/72288-18.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
01-19-2009, 08:48 PM
There are more entertaining things to do in Cleveland than watch the Browns (you could watch paint dry or the grass grow in the spring).

I remember I was downtown going to an Indians game once when someone from Tennessee asked me what time the river catches fire.

steelerfan821
01-19-2009, 08:50 PM
the Greatness!

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
sounds like the poor schmuck has finally thrown in the brown towel ....... seeing how he "was" a clowns fan....i'd say its for the best......:noidea:

quadruple yoi
01-19-2009, 09:37 PM

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/document-1.jpg

HometownGal
01-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I've been to Cleveland many times and like Pittsburgh - it isn't the dirty, filthy, smog filled city those who have never been there think it is. Quite honestly, most of the people I came across there are very friendly and accommodating.

Most Browns fans are diehard just like us Steelers fans and again - like Steelers fans - they have their share of boo birds, FWF's and asstards.

The Browns fan who wrote that really has no clue and sure doesn't look good wearing green.

STEEL-MAN
01-19-2009, 09:47 PM
this guy takes him or her self way to serious, I think I'll call that person Shirley!

jjpro11
01-19-2009, 11:08 PM
I've been to Cleveland many times and like Pittsburgh - it isn't the dirty, filthy, smog filled city those who have never been there think it is. Quite honestly, most of the people I came across there are very friendly and accommodating.

Most Browns fans are diehard just like us Steelers fans and again - like Steelers fans - they have their share of boo birds, FWF's and asstards.

The Browns fan who wrote that really has no clue and sure doesn't look good wearing green.

Jacob's Field is a great ballpark. the Gund is another great venue for the cavs and for when we used to have the lumberjacks (pens old farm club). i just cant bring myself to call those places progressive field and quicken loans arena though.

steelwall
01-20-2009, 01:43 AM
he needs to just pull the trigger and get it over with

Yeah, sounds like a guy that doesn'tget invited to many Christmas parties.

augustashark
01-20-2009, 02:19 AM
Well yea, My dad can kick your dads ASS!

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 02:23 AM

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k265/squirtnmyload/document-1.jpg

GREATEST PICTURE EVER!!!

bozz723
01-20-2009, 03:38 AM
finds it funny how so many people's happiness is dependant upon the performance of a group of individuals playing an archaiac game

There is always the option to focus on friends, family, opportunities, etc. To focus on something as temporary as football creates a weak foundation of happiness.

Organized sports has ruined humanity. All it does is create a false sense of superiority among followers and players. The statement "City A is better than City B because we have more championships" makes people ignorant, close-minded, and infantile. Essentially, it is like saying "My dad can beat up your dad." When are people going to start focusing more on their own success and development as a human being and productive member of society, and less on the success and development of a constantly changing group of individuals who, in a lot of cases, lack any skills necessary to be productive in this world?

What you are failing to realize is the nature of my status does not say anything about not engaging in sports. What it is referring to is the psychological manipulation fans are subject to, based solely on the performance of others. By all means, enjoy sports. It is the overwhelming emotional roller coaster that fans subject themselves to. It is weak-minded and archaic.

Basically this retard is trying to tell me. that football doesnt cause happiness.

But were going to the superbowl! Im happpy as can be!

Go Steelers!

Sadly,

The guy is right. People actually do depend on a group of individuals to cause them happiness. Some take it overboard, but if you understand it is just a game, and understand it doesn't matter for anything if the Steelers win or lose, you can actually enjoy a victory and brush off a loss.

It isn't life or death, but it certainly is enjoyable when they win.

bozz723
01-20-2009, 03:41 AM
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/pre_game_coin_toss_makes

This video is on the same level as the posters thought. I also do agree..

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 11:05 AM
I get what he's saying BUT....

I have had to see these people in NEO mope around miserably every year after having to endure disappointment after disappointment. I do believe the "loser mentality" starts to permeate other area's of their lives. It's true that a collective of people can develop a complex (in this case an inferiority complex) based on something so seemingly innocuous as a football team.

shevdog
01-20-2009, 01:00 PM
On the subject of "Sports and Happiness"...

Yes I let my mood and emotions be effects by sports, primarily football, hockey, and cycling. I don't play (anymore) football or hockey like I did in the neighborhood growing up, so we'll exclude cycling here. Sports are entertainment, unless you participate in them, which then is a whole other thing.

I agree that happiness should not be primarily sources from sports, yet of course it can be a source of it. For me, I enjoy the emotional roller coaster that the Steelers and Pens give me. My choice. If some dude from the Cleveland area is going to whine like this for whatever reasons, then whatever.

Bottom line, the Pens made it to the Stanley Cup in 2008 and the Steelers made it to the Super Bowl in 2009! That makes me happy! So what!

MaidenIndiana
01-20-2009, 02:08 PM
I wonder if he would feel the same way if Cleveland was in the Super Bowl?..........Come to think of it , how would I feel if Cleveland was in the Super Bowl?:rofl: