PDA

View Full Version : Who Do You Want a 6th Ring for Most?

tony hipchest
01-19-2009, 08:07 PM
in 05 this question would be easy to answer. it was likely jerome bettis or bill cowher.

this year is much different-

1) lebeau- i want him in the hall of fame. not as a player (which he deserves and has earned) but as an assistant coach.

2) tomlin- great coach... many years to come.

3) ben- rooting for him to cement a hall of fame career.

4) dan rooney- no expaination needed

5) hines ward- a 2nd ring could help him get into the hall

6) willie gave his ring to his father and needs one of his own.

7) mendenhal- never had a chance to contribute.

8) etc... no answer is right and no answer is wrong.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Aaron Smith - with all he's going through with his child, he's still playing like a Pro Bowler (but getting snubbed for it, which pisses me off).

The Duke
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
Aaron Smith

Just cause he's gone through too much this season, is always a class act, one of the best in the league and never get his due recognition

For LeBeau too though

KeiselPower99
01-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Aaron Smith - with all he's going through with his child, he's still playing like a Pro Bowler (but getting snubbed for it, which pisses me off).

Ill second that. Personally I want the O line to get it cause after all the bs being said about them they will have lead the Steelers to the championship.

tony hipchest
01-19-2009, 08:19 PM
Aaron Smith - with all he's going through with his child, he's still playing like a Pro Bowler (but getting snubbed for it, which pisses me off).excellent. didnt even think of that in the 1 minute you have to submit a poll.

any way you can replace smith with "my mother"?

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
excellent. didnt even think of that in the 1 minute you have to submit a poll.

any way you can replace smith with "my mother"?

Done. :thumbsup:

I also moved mine and Duke's votes from "other" over to Aaron Smith.

Sharkissle29
01-19-2009, 08:29 PM
tomlin...to solidify the right choice we made making him our head coach over whisenhunt

tony hipchest
01-19-2009, 08:30 PM

I also moved mine and Duke's votes from "other" over to Aaron Smith.thanks! :drink:

i know i left many out. in 05 i was happier than shit to see willie williams get a ring, and of course joe greene to get #5 :tt:

MJ5150
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Easy for me, Coach.

Everyone else has one. Coach needs to be "in the club".

-Mike

SteelersMongol
01-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Coach Lebeau.

eafratitpm3
01-19-2009, 09:09 PM
The Defense, it will solidify their efforts.

RoethlisBURGHer
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
I voted Coach Tomlin.

There are still doubters out there. There are still people who would rather have Whisenhut.

There are still people that say he was hired only for the color of his skin and not for the fact that he is one helluva head coach.

For that, I want him to get this sixth ring for Tomlin.

Steelers
01-19-2009, 09:25 PM
The late, great, Myron Cope.

devilsdancefloor
01-19-2009, 09:39 PM
i wil probably have the most hated pick of them all BUT the OLINE we all bash them they seem not to get any credit forthe most part even after good solid outings IE "well it was just cleveland". they have been the goat all year for them to play like they have played in the playoffs is beyond any expectations anyone on these boards or probably on the field ever expected! And honestly we go where they lead us! we have to win in the trenches if we dont there is no willie, Memo, hines or ben making plays! (with that being said i stil yell out loud at our tackles) It would be some kind of vindication for the group! HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

STEEL-MAN
01-19-2009, 10:00 PM
TEAM TEAM TEAM TEAM TEAM TEAM TEAM, oh did I mention for the TEAM!

HometownGal
01-19-2009, 10:07 PM
I was torn between Tomlin and Lebeau, but as this is only Tomlin's second year as a HC and he took his team to the big dance, I would love nothing more than to see him hoisting that trophy and getting that ring! :tt02:

stlrtruck
01-19-2009, 10:07 PM
For LeBeau. It's his genious and devious defense that has brought us this far!!

tyler289
01-19-2009, 10:13 PM
For hines, because if he can have another solid day (or even win MVP), that will just be another part of his resume for HOF. The guy has stuck around for years and is a Steeler forever. He's close to retirement (probably 2-3 years away), but he's still putting up great numbers.

But I also agree with the other picks...Labeau, Tomlin, etc. All good choices, just wanted to go with someone else.

BehindSteelCurtain
01-19-2009, 10:26 PM
I really want it for Tomlin.

El-Gonzo Jackson
01-19-2009, 10:27 PM
For me its the guys that were not here in '05, like Clark, Holmes, Moore, Hartwig, Colon, Woodley, Colon, Spaeth, McHugh and of course Coach Tomlin.

I would love for Ben to be the SB MVP and silence the critics that say he wilted in SB XL.

bigbensbabymama
01-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Of course I said, Big Ben, my baby daddy.

Edman
01-19-2009, 10:41 PM
Coach Dad. His defensive genius got us this far and deserves to be recognized as such. I'd also like to see Mike Tomlin win this one. He's done a hell of a job for the Steelers. Also, Aaron Smith. For his son and family.

BIGMANSTEELERFAN55
01-19-2009, 10:49 PM
Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Steelers, Here we go
Pittsburgh's going to the Super Bowl
Here we go

Cheer the Steelers, Black and the Gold
Here we go
Town of Pittsburgh's, Heart and Soul
Here we go
Coach Tomlin, Now he's the man
And This year we're starting on our second hand

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Steelers, Here we go

Here we go
We got Big Ben, hes ready to throw
Here we go
To Ward, Washington , and Santonio
Here we go
Will go to Wilie when we need a touchdown
and Watch out for Palamalu he's goin to knock you around

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Steelers, Here we go

Here we go
Now the offense is ready to score
Here we go
And theres one thing we know for sure
Here we go
If we dont get it in the endzone
Will get 3 points off of Jeff Reeds toe

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Steelers, Here we go

Here we go
We got Ryan Clark,Foote and Harrison
Here we go
Taylor,Townsend and Casey Hamton
Here we go
The other team aint going to gain any ground
Becuase the defense is going to bring the steel curtain down

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Steelers, Here we go

Here we go
Here we go
Here we go
Steelers, Here we go

HERE WE GO!!

-Roger Woods-(Oroginal)
-Brant Sawyers- (This Version)

I took my best effort and threw a version together let me know what you all think

I want it because just like the rest of steeler nation were all winners lets go steelers

BIGMANSTEELERFAN55
01-19-2009, 10:49 PM
o yea the rest of that post was supposed to say thats some inspiration from the song..........

drizze99
01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Rooney and family

Without them, none of this would even be possible.

stillers4me
01-20-2009, 12:15 AM
for me...... so I can tell everyone in Cinci which finger it's for. :flap:

for LeBeau........the man is a god.

for Tomlin..... so he can have one, too.

for Ben....... I read he gave his other one to his dad. I want him to get MVP so certain people will STFU.

for Dan Rooney........ the best owner in the league.

iloveben7
01-20-2009, 12:49 AM
everyone-the players, Tomlin & the other coaches, the city and the Steeler Nation

JackHammer
01-20-2009, 01:10 AM
I voted Tomlin, but I want to see Clark get it too. Even more so than the rest of the guys who weren't on the 05 team. Last night wasn't the first time he put his health on the line to make the play. He's just the kind of teammate you want to win for.

MDSteel15
01-20-2009, 02:37 AM

I also moved mine and Duke's votes from "other" over to Aaron Smith.

Franchise, can you change mine to Smith also..... I reacted a little fast and after reading this, I really think Aaron Smith is the correct answer!!!

Rhee Rhee
01-20-2009, 02:49 AM
dan rooney.... and as u said, there's no explanation needed...

Lock Down
01-20-2009, 02:51 AM
The first thought i had when i read the topic line, was i would want it most for Aaron Smith, with the family suffering & to still be able play at a high level is incredible.

It is hard to limit it to one person though.

MasterOfPuppets
01-20-2009, 04:24 AM
for me...... so I can tell everyone in Cinci which finger it's for. :flap:

for LeBeau........the man is a god.

for Tomlin..... so he can have one, too.

for Ben....... I read he gave his other one to his dad. I want him to get MVP so certain people will STFU.

for Dan Rooney........ the best owner in the league.that was parker.....:popcorn:

Galax Steeler
01-20-2009, 04:29 AM
I went with Tomlin it would be sweet for him to get his superbowl ring in his second year as coach but Smith and LaBeau was a close second.

I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
01-20-2009, 04:33 AM
for all the haters and the doubters!

stillers4me
01-20-2009, 06:37 AM
that was parker.....:popcorn:

no...I read in an article that BEN gave his to his dad, and that he wasn't worried. He planned to get a couple more. Maybe Willie did, too, but it was an article about Ben. Who knows what reporters make up, anyway.

The_WARDen
01-20-2009, 09:35 AM
I want Ben to play a helluva game just to shut up all the idiots that keep spouting, "Yeah, but he didn't play well in the Super Bowl." crap!

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-20-2009, 09:46 AM
that was parker.....:popcorn:

Not sure about Ben...but here is the story about Parkers Ring.

Willie Parker's feel-good story has a ring to it and a brand new Cadillac
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
By Gene Collier, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It was not yet the end of June, and Willie Parker had already been relieved of his Super Bowl ring.

The massive, sparkling chunk o' bling and the black box it came in rolled straight out of Pittsburgh in the dark of night, surfacing later in the trunk of a Cadillac in North Carolina, a showroom new pearl white Caddy driven by a man in the company of a woman, both on a mission of deceit, conspiracy, and, dare we say it, skullduggery.

But it's all good.

The driver was Parker's brother, Jamal, his companion Parker's sister, Kimberly, and the fleet Steelers' scatback was himself a co-conspirator, happy again to indict himself yesterday after practice at Saint Vincent College.

"My father worked in a factory and it was very tough on him," Parker said from beneath a layer of late afternoon sweat. "He had no college education, so he had no choice but the factory, and he worked there, I don't know, 30-some years I guess."

So Willie Parker Sr., a North Carolina factory worker who with his wife put four kids through college essentially to keep them from becoming factory workers themselves, was the greatly admired target of this delicious caper. It was all for him. The ring. The car. The love.

But it had to start with a lie, of course.

When they asked the 25-year-old who had just ripped off the longest touchdown run from scrimmage in the history of the Super Bowl what size ring he wore, Willie Parker stone lied.

"I told 'em 13 and a half," he smiled. "That's not my size. That's my dad's."

Oddly enough, there was precedent for this idea.

For a player whose 75-yard touchdown run against Seattle represented more than 40 percent of the yardage gained in his senior season at North Carolina, Parker had previously accumulated a surprisingly expansive collection of athletic jewelry. There was that Peach Bowl ring, for example, and there were two rings awarded him for whipping the Clinton Dark Horses to high school championships.

"I gave all my rings to my dad, so I felt there was no need to change up," Parker said.

He's not one to doubt his instincts, no matter that he pinballed all over the depth chart in college, no matter that he got to Latrobe just two years ago last month with about as much fanfare as a night sale at unclaimed freight. Undrafted free agents with anorexic NCAA resumes often prove to be pretty pliable in NFL training camps, but from the moment Parker got here, he has rarely taken a tentative step.

He has long believed in himself more than others have, and now it's time everyone caught up.

On this Latrobe lawn yesterday, every Parker stride seemed to be 5 yards long, his chiseled physique flashing in and out of creases and bolting free for another 40 yards just for the sheer joy of it.

He's back from his first season as a starter, in which he gained 1,202 yards, and if that looks less than wholly spectacular on its face, consider that Franco Harris gained more only once in a Hall of Fame career, and that in another Hall of Fame career, John Henry Johnson never gained as many. And for all the crying coming out of the Pacific Northwest on allegedly questionable officiating spasms that might have altered the course of Super Bowl XL, there was simply nothing that could be said about Willie Parker streaking across three quarters of the Ford Field floor in just a few thoroughbred heartbeats. When you're smoked, you're smoked.

But back to our story.

Parker's best laid plans for his father's surprise had gone off with some precision. Willie bought him a Cadillac, because he'd always loved Cadillacs, and arrangements had been made for Jamal and Kimberly to drive it all night to North Carolina. But then a snag: Willie Jr. got a good look at the ring.

"When I saw it, I knew I wanted it back," he said sheepishly. "But you know, I couldn't. It's such a good feeling now. I wish I could have been there to see him get it. I know he started crying."

Parker couldn't get out of Pittsburgh that week. Jamal and Kimberly pulled a theatrical delivery off perfectly, with Jamal telling dad that yes, this was his new car from Willie, but that he had just spilled something in the trunk. They brought dad over to open the trunk, and there was the black box.

"When I gave my dad those high school rings, my mom never felt left out because I guess she didn't think it was that big a deal," Parker said. "But now it's a Super Bowl ring and I guess she is feeling left out. But she'll get hers in due time."

Did I mention that he was confident?

CPanther95
01-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I voted Rooney since he is the only one that can win his 6th.

But I'd say Tomlin getting this year's ring is most important for the Pittsburgh Steelers moving forward. Along with the home AFCCG win, the SB would remove all potential monkeys from his back and frees him to focus 100% on forging his legacy with the Steelers.

klick81
01-20-2009, 10:59 AM
I picked Lebeau, but after reading your explanations, most everyone else seems like a great answer also. That's why this is a team baby.

PisnNapalm
01-20-2009, 11:25 AM
I chose Hines. A second ring would help cement an already great career. Don't get me wrong, I want it for the team and Steeler Nation.

markymarc
01-20-2009, 12:51 PM
I voted for LeBeau and hopefully it will get him into the HOF and Tomlin came in a close 2nd.

Frankie3521
01-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Ben, Tomlnin, Hines, Aaron. I want them all to be happy, and I think they all deserve it just as much as the other. GO PITTSBURGH!!

SteelerFanInATL
01-20-2009, 06:55 PM
All those who are still on the team when we lost those AFC Title Games at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
01-20-2009, 07:01 PM
excellent answers everyone. thanks for voting :tt02:

Steel_Bus_24
01-20-2009, 07:05 PM
Coach T, but I want it really bad for everybody else too

Tankus_Maximus
01-20-2009, 11:17 PM
For everybody in the ENTIRE Steeler Nation!!!

tony hipchest
01-21-2009, 08:02 PM
im really starting to pull for ryan clark. the more i hear from him and the more his personality shines, the more i wanna see him succeed.

i believe he is a true leader and seems to be a locker room fav in short time.

AND CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE HIM A RAISE AND EXTEND HIM???