PDA

View Full Version : Possible Superbowl Victory Parade

steelerzfannforever
01-19-2009, 09:26 PM
If we win the big dance, I am planning on going to Pittsburgh for the victory parade. Can someone from the burgh or anyone who would know, tell me if it is in downtown or give me an idea of where its at? I want to make a hotel reservation so I can come in a little early.

SteelCityKing
01-19-2009, 09:32 PM
honestly, if the Steelers win the big one, the whole city will be a parade. the city AND the entire fanbase across the nation. you can sleep at a total strangers house aslong as you were your black and gold!

does Tommy Maddox still live in Pittsburgh? i'm sure he's having a sleepover that night.

HometownGal
01-19-2009, 09:36 PM
If we win the big dance, I am planning on going to Pittsburgh for the victory parade. Can someone from the burgh or anyone who would know, tell me if it is in downtown or give me an idea of where its at? I want to make a hotel reservation so I can come in a little early.

In 2005, the victory parade started up at Mellon Arena, came straight down Fifth Avenue and ended up at the Point where there was a huge rally with Steelers players, coaches and the Rooneys all giving speeches - it was AWESOME! :tt02: We were perched on Fifth Avenue and when players were riding by in the chauffeured trucks and SUV's, most of them were leaning out of the vehicles shaking hands and high-fiving it with the fans and you could just see the joy and pride on their faces! I got to personally thank The Chin and his handshake was so warm - I'll never forget it! :tt03: