PDA

View Full Version : vinnie testaverde sets nfl record

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 11:09 PM
1st qb to throw a td in 19 consecutive seasons. j unitas and f. tarkenton have done it for 18 consecutive years.

impressive. if he quits taking a beating it would be nice to see ben play that long:bouncy:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 11:10 PM
I saw it happen, and feel privileged to have watched this game. Vinny for all his shortcomings is a class guy and a trooper. Im glad he was able to get the record..

Brady12
12-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Congratulations to Mr. Vinny! Stay tuned for "turn out the lights" After the game on Post Game! Ironically, the Jets lost the very first MNF 31-21.. They lose the last ABC MNF 31-21 as well.

tony hipchest
12-26-2005, 11:27 PM
I saw it happen, and feel privileged to have watched this game. Vinny for all his shortcomings is a class guy and a trooper. Im glad he was able to get the record..

and thats saying alot for a brown ratbird (i think hes still the only ratbird to throw for 3000 yds in a season. maybe grbac had a little over 3000

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 11:29 PM
Ive always been at the front of the crowd to bash Vinny for all his choke interceptions in clutch time in the game, his fumbles and picks and bad throws..but the guys tries so hard and its great to see him in the league for this long and to acheive this mark which may never be broken..

Brady12
12-26-2005, 11:37 PM
I remember it being mentioned on a telecast earlier this season, and completely forgot about the record until tonight...

On a Side Note, does anyone think they will still have the Hank Williams Jr. "Are you Ready for Some Football" Song, and all the stuff ABC did?

clevestinks
12-26-2005, 11:38 PM
I`ve always liked Vinnie every since he threw 5 int. against Penn State in the National Championship game. Damn that seems like forever ago!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-26-2005, 11:55 PM
I remember it being mentioned on a telecast earlier this season, and completely forgot about the record until tonight...

On a Side Note, does anyone think they will still have the Hank Williams Jr. "Are you Ready for Some Football" Song, and all the stuff ABC did?

I sure hope so.. Hank was as tied to MNF as anybody else. Hell even when it was a crappy game on the slate, I always turned it on just to see Hank sing the MNF theme !

I would imagine that that ESPN will wanna start their own traditions so I dont know..

Brady12
12-27-2005, 12:23 AM
lol, I turned on to see the Opening Are You Ready for Some Football this season from whoever did it, and then at Half-time Tim McGraw, and Jimmy Kimmel

But I think it's good John and Al leave ABC with a bang, Getting to do the Super Bowl.

Koopa
12-27-2005, 01:11 AM
that boi vinny, could've been the cowboys franchise qb that they need if they would've kept him a few more years lol