PDA

View Full Version : Hola... IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:05 PM
From the desert I make my entrance to your forum.

Do not take the Cards lightly.. You can see the wake the Cards have left from other teams doing the same.

As a Cardinal fan since day 1 since they moved here and that notorious MNF game against Dallas it's been quite a journey - very few high points... But, here we are in the Superbowl. BOOO-YAAAAA!!

My initial thoughts on the game...

Defense - A slight edge to the Steelers as they've been more consistent through out the year, however the Cards have stepped up when it counts and for the most part played solid during the season.
However, if the Steelers constantly blitz it'll eventually tire them out, so they need to time their blitz's.

DO NOT take anything from the regular season. At some point - I think the Rolle INT for TD against ATL - the light clicked and this D is playing as good as anyone.

For the first time in the PO's Fitz will be covered by a defender who is close to his size and might be able to contain him, but not stop him. With this, I look for Boldin and Breaston to have big games.

Steelers WR's will be the best the Cards have played so far, but the secondary is on another level so it's a toss up. Rod Hood will get picked on as he has through out the year - probably the "weakest" in the secondary.

Running game
Parker is a beast, but so was ATL's and CLT's, so if the Cards stay disciplined and plug the gaps they should be ok.
Steelers D should be able to contain James/Hightower, but Edge is playing for a new contract.. Always motivation.

Passing
Warner is the best at picking up bitz's, but Roth is better at scrambling. This will come to line control and it's a toss up.

Intangibles
Easy... Whiz getting dissed by the Steelers and disrespected Cards. Huge nod for the Cards here. The doubters will continue and the Cards will continue to disprove them.

The End
I'd give the nod to the Cards offense over the Steelers defense. Not being a homer, but the offense is rollin' right now. The defense can compete w/ anyone as it's shown.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards jump out early like they have in all the games, but I'm just not convinced the Steelers can mount a big come back. If the Cards get up by 3 TD's it'll be very tough for the Steelers. Vise versa, the Cards have the ability to score with one play at any time.

I'll be at the game and hopefully the Cards can put an end to monogamy and monopoly that has plagued the NFL for a while.

ciao

/B

Cards29
01-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Slight edge on defense? No way...they got us by quite a bit, but we've improved drastically from the regular season.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 11:09 PM
Defense - A slight edge to the Steelers as they've been more consistent through out the year, however the Cards have stepped up when it counts and for the most part played solid during the season.

Delusional. "Slight" edge? How about OVERWHELMING advantage? We don't cough up 18-point leads, bud. :coffee:

Nidan
01-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Slight edge on defense? No way...they got us by quite a bit, but we've improved drastically from the regular season.

Yep I love our D but I think the Steeler's have more than a slight edge there

quadruple yoi
heyoo:tt:

BehindSteelCurtain
This is exactly what Chargers fans were saying. And Quote " Our Defense has improved and are playing at a different level and are just as good as your guys's"

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 11:12 PM
Another one of these guys eh..

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:13 PM
Delusional. "Slight" edge? How about OVERWHELMING advantage? We don't cough up 18-point leads, bud. :coffee:

Cards have forced 12 TO's in the PO's... They are rollin!

I give the slight edge because the Steelers have played more consistent for a longer period.. That's IT!

jjpro11
01-19-2009, 11:13 PM
i know how hot the cards are.. we know all about that kind of run from 2005.

Cards29 is right though.. your not going to get much respect talking about the defense like that. the cards have strung together a few great games defensively, but the steelers have been playing lights out D since week 1. if the steelers win the super bowl, this D will go down as one of the best ever.

drizze99
01-19-2009, 11:14 PM
LMFAO!! The Cards up by 3 TD's? WTF are you smokin there homer?

You are dissin our D like its avg D that plays in the NFC... We're #1 in 3 out of the 4 categories son and the one we aren't in first, we are 2nd!

I love how all you Cards fans have steel ballz all of the sudden. Get a trip to the SB and the bandwagon goes crazy. This will be our 7th trip and we are 5-1 in the SB. Don't act like we don't need to even show up because of your "prolific" offense. Warner can and will be held in check.

What was your reg season record? And you play in the NFC West! LOL, welcome to the East Coast were football is a little bit different...

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Hey, all of you who think the Steelers are so great on D.... Filly thought the EXACT same thing..

And blowing a 18pt lead.. The Cards played prevent offense.. drove me nuts...

Hey, keep under estimating them.. Everyone else has and look what happened.

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 11:16 PM

I give the slight edge because the Steelers have played more consistent for a longer period.. That's IT!

You do realize, the Steelers defense is historical #'s type good right now? Against the hardest schedule in the NFL in 25 years? Against 5 of the top 10 passing offense in the league this year? Against 4-6 of the top 10 overall offenses in the NFL this year? I think we deserve a bit more respect then a slight edge

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 11:17 PM

And half of those came against Delhomme who inexplicably went Brett Favre against you. I'm real scared, buddy. :coffee:

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey, all of you who think the Steelers are so great on D.... Filly thought the EXACT same thing..

Only looks like you're under estimating our D, we aren't PHILLY. We aren't CAROLINA, we ARE NOT ATLANTA.

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:18 PM
What was your reg season record? And you play in the NFC West! LOL, welcome to the East Coast were football is a little bit different...

Yeah, the Cards are the same team that was whooped 48-20 in Philly.. And what good did that do the Feagles?????

Cards29
01-19-2009, 11:19 PM
You do realize, the Steelers defense is historical #'s type good right now? Against the hardest schedule in the NFL in 25 years? Against 5 of the top 10 passing offense in the league this year? Against 4-6 of the top 10 overall offenses in the NFL this year? I think we deserve a bit more respect then a slight edge

Their schedule wasn't even the hardest this season..

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2009/1/1/706808/final-strength-of-schedule

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 11:20 PM

It was a damn sight harder than yours.

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:21 PM
Only looks like you're under estimating our D, we aren't PHILLY. We aren't CAROLINA, we ARE NOT ATLANTA.

And the Cards are not who you think they are.. Go on and act just like Filly fans.. Must be a keystone state thing.. You just think your team is the greatest no matter the situation.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz We've heard it all before..

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 11:22 PM

We actually started the season with the toughest, how it ended up still 5th overall strength... Vs. the Cardinals 22nd overall strength at the end. You still make my point for me - and that's we played a rough schedule against great teams and offenses.

fansince'76
01-19-2009, 11:23 PM
And the Cards are not who you think they are.. Go on and act just like Filly fans.. Must be a keystone state thing.. You just think your team is the greatest no matter the situation.

Yep, and keep thinking you're going to shock the world. The carriage turns into a pumpkin on February 1, methinks. :yawn:

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 11:24 PM

The only troll around here is you and your homer posts buddy - I give your team plenty of props in every thread on this board and your own. You are too blinded by pure homerism you can't even admit our defense has a huge edge over your defense

BehindSteelCurtain
01-19-2009, 11:26 PM

That's record wise. We played 9 of the top 12 Defenses and 5 of the top 10 Offenses.

Cards29
01-19-2009, 11:26 PM
It was a damn sight harder than yours.

I know that, but he said the Steelers' schedule was the toughest in 25 years..

It was definitely tough, but not THAT tough.

Cards29
01-19-2009, 11:27 PM
That's record wise. We played 9 of the top 12 Defenses and 5 of the top 10 Offenses.

Fair enough. Just wanted to know how you got that, though.

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:27 PM
You are too blinded by pure homerism you can't even admit our defense has a huge edge over your defense
Would you prefer to be the kettle or pot???

Steelthe#1dynasty
01-19-2009, 11:28 PM

You are an absolute idiot! Go back to the desert where you belong!

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 11:28 PM
Fair enough. Just wanted to know how you got that, though.

My information of the toughest schedule in 25 years came before and during the season - not how the season ended up. Sorry to cause any confusion

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:30 PM
The carriage turns into a pumpkin on February 1, methinks. :yawn:

As could yours, bub!
I just hope there are enough turrble towels to go around to wipe away the tears :flap:

devilsdancefloor
01-19-2009, 11:30 PM

Isnt that what a fan is oh wait you just hoped on the bandwagon never mind! teh the keystone state pfffft man you are now dealing with steeler NATION i live no where near the keystone state!! :thumbsup::tt03::tt03::tt03:

SteelCityMom
01-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Flashbacks....I'm having extreme flashbacks of Chargers fans after they beat the Colts and that was the reason they were going to beat the Steelers with their "high powered" offense.

The way I see it, if Cards fans can be overconfident about their offense then Steelers fans have every right (if not more) to be overconfident about the Steelers D.

BTW I just love how opposing fans roll in here and talk to Steelers fans like the fans are playing in the SB or something. They fail to realize that the players themselves are in no way overlooking the Cards....they are preparing for them and they will be ready. As fans we have the luxury of feeling confident though, so I really don't think they have any place to come in here and tell us how we should or shouldn't feel about our confidence level. IMO the Cardinals don't really bring anything to the field that the Steelers haven't faced (and beaten) already this year.

Steelers & I
01-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Someone wake up these Cardinals FOOLS and let them know that the Super Bowl was played on 01-18-09 in Pittsburgh PA with the Steelers defeating the Baltimore Ravens.

The Steelers are going to Tampa Bay, Florida on February 1st 2009 simply to pick up the Lombardi Trophy.

Slight edge on defense?? Put the crack pipe down dude.

If the Cardinals go up by 21???:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

devilsdancefloor
01-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Flashbacks....I'm having extreme flashbacks of Chargers fans after they beat the Colts and that was the reason they were going to beat the Steelers with their "high powered" offense.

The way I see it, if Cards fans can be overconfident about their offense then Steelers fans have every right (if not more) to be overconfident about the Steelers D.

BTW I just love how opposing fans roll in here and talk to Steelers fans like the fans are playing in the SB or something. They fail to realize that the players themselves are in no way overlooking the Cards....they are preparing for them and they will be ready. As fans we have the luxury of feeling confident though, so I really don't think they have any place to come in here and tell us how we should or shouldn't feel about our confidence level. IMO the Cardinals don't really bring anything to the field that the Steelers haven't faced (and beaten) already this year.

AMEN !!!!!!!

steelerzfannforever
01-19-2009, 11:38 PM
You sir are a complete moron!

Fire Haley
01-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Last time the Steelers played a Cinderella 9-7 team in the SB was the '79 Rams.

I'll go with that score.

Steelers 31-19

sacredgrooves
01-19-2009, 11:44 PM
2 teams scored more than 20 on us this year...the jags getting a td in garbage time put up 21, and the chargers who got 10 points in garbage time put up 24. The chargers offense was just as potent as yours....
You have a great offense, but do not even think for a second you will see 30 points or more lol. I just don't think many people realize just how great this defense is. To only allow 156 passing yards per game all season is just incredible! To deny 300 total offensive yards to every team but one all year is an nfl record dating back to the early 70's.
The Eagles could not hold the Steelers defense' jocks.

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:45 PM
You sir are a complete moron!
You sir are a complete motard.

I realize you "East coasters" might not understand that word, so consider this one on the house..

Motard - Part moron, part retard... Motard!

tony hipchest
01-19-2009, 11:49 PM

you know the seahawks right?

you must.... cause your are doing the best seahawkfan impersonnation i have seen in 2-3 years.

*squack squack* birds of a feather flock together. :noidea:

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 11:53 PM

you must.... cause your are doing the best seahawkfan impersonnation i have seen in 2-3 years.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Billscarnage
01-19-2009, 11:54 PM

Nope.. All Cardinals here..

SteelCityMom
01-20-2009, 12:25 AM

I realize you "East coasters" might not understand that word, so consider this one on the house..

What are you 10? Who says that? Sounds like some kind of smack you would hear on the playground lol.

Is that "word" supposed to be some kind of a verbal rubix cube or something lol...I think the explanation was unnecessary, it's not that hard to figure out at all.

So sorry that our brains haven't been so scrambled by the sun and heat out here on the East coast that that isn't something that we would have trouble figuring that out.

NEPAsteeler
01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
Hey bud.. you do realize that you're talking to a team that's going to it's 7th Super Bowl and has the league's #1 Defense, right? Take your bandwagon theories somewhere else. You're wasting your time.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 12:27 AM
HAHAH this fool, stay in the desert were you at, cause u dont know squat about football!!

Sharkissle29
01-20-2009, 12:39 AM
slight edge on defense? haha jesus, this is just funny

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 12:42 AM
slight edge on defense? haha jesus, this is just funny

This dude is on cRack, thinkin the cards have a slight edge on us on Defense!

Next time he should do his homework, and realize we are the #1 D in the NFL.

Warner is gonna get his brains scrambled by our D , in this game

MACH1
01-20-2009, 01:09 AM

Sounds like your the one that's doing the underestimating. In two weeks watch, learn and remember the ass kicking that will be handed out to the cards.

Let the tool talk all he wants. Nothing we haven't heard already from bolt fans.

CeymonRose
01-20-2009, 04:33 AM
Why fight with children? Let's just wait for Feb. 1, this is pointless.

Justin Otstott
01-20-2009, 04:36 AM

Yea against NFC teams. Did you watch sundays afc game? That's it? Yea you are suffering from "myteamneverwonnothingandweplayinaweakdivisioncalle dtheNFC". Dude our D is way better then yours. You guys played atl and philly a team that should have never been there in the first place. Your kidding me!!!

X-Terminator
01-20-2009, 04:58 AM
Yep, I think I'm going to stay away from this forum for most of the next 2 weeks. I'm already tired of reading absolute idiotic crap from the Cards' bandwagon fans. Coming on here acting like their team is unstoppable and that the Steelers are some also-ran who doesn't deserve to be in the SB and are going to be steamrolled. Please...all of you just shut the hell up and go away.

Time to flush the toilet.

CaliStillersFan
01-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Man it's going to be a long two weeks. I think you have the right idea X-terminator. Maybe I'll just sleep the next two weeks away. :)

gosteeler
01-20-2009, 07:05 AM
you probably won't even score 3 td's for the whole game

PisnNapalm
01-20-2009, 07:50 AM
Welcome to the big boys forum. Now go get me some water, boy.

scsteeler
01-20-2009, 07:56 AM
To say they Steelers Defense has slight edge shows what a moron post this was to start off with. That Steeler Defense is lights out in all phases. This person must be someone that blowed what brain cells they had after they saw the Eagles fail in their comeback.

steelpride12
01-20-2009, 08:36 AM
After reading defense:Slight edge Cards i didn't even finish reading. Another obvious Bandwagon coming out of the woodwork to prove the underdogs point of view.

DACEB
01-20-2009, 08:48 AM

That just isn't true, it's as easy as this. The Browns and the Bengals, listed 1 and 2, are listed as such because they lost to us and the Ravens. The AFC North had THE toughest schedule, hands down. The four AFC North teams are in the top seven of your list. The Lions are there because they lost every game. The Jags are there because they played in a tough division with Indy and Tenn. and our divisions faced each other. You have to go down into the teens before you find another playoff contender on the list.

Check this out;

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nfl08.htm

These are computer generated rankings, with schedule strength/rank listed. The AFC North is 1, 2, 3, 4, as far as schedule rank. The Cardinals once again rank 22nd.

The divisions are also ranked. The NFC East, the NFC division the Steelers faced this season, is listed at #1. The AFC North and the AFC South, the AFC division the Steelers faced this season, are virtually tie for second. The NFC West was very close to being last.

The competition was not even close, as will be the case Feb. 1st.

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
After reading defense:Slight edge Steelers i didn't even finish reading.

Yep, I didn't bother to read the opening pile of drivel that started this idiotic thread any further than that either. Anybody who doesn't see that the Steelers' D is light years beyond the Cards' D is either in denial or suffering a serious case of cranial-rectal inversion (IOW, having one's head up their ass).

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
01-20-2009, 08:53 AM

Do not take the Cards lightly.. You can see the wake the Cards have left from other teams doing the same.

As a Cardinal fan since day 1 since they moved here and that notorious MNF game against Dallas it's been quite a journey - very few high points... But, here we are in the Superbowl. BOOO-YAAAAA!!

However, if the Steelers constantly blitz it'll eventually tire them out, so they need to time their blitz's.

DO NOT take anything from the regular season. At some point - I think the Rolle INT for TD against ATL - the light clicked and this D is playing as good as anyone.

For the first time in the PO's Fitz will be covered by a defender who is close to his size and might be able to contain him, but not stop him. With this, I look for Boldin and Breaston to have big games.

Steelers WR's will be the best the Cards have played so far, but the secondary is on another level so it's a toss up. Rod Hood will get picked on as he has through out the year - probably the "weakest" in the secondary.

Running game
Parker is a beast, but so was ATL's and CLT's, so if the Cards stay disciplined and plug the gaps they should be ok.
Steelers D should be able to contain James/Hightower, but Edge is playing for a new contract.. Always motivation.

Passing
Warner is the best at picking up bitz's, but Roth is better at scrambling. This will come to line control and it's a toss up.

Intangibles
Easy... Whiz getting dissed by the Steelers and disrespected Cards. Huge nod for the Cards here. The doubters will continue and the Cards will continue to disprove them.

The End
I'd give the nod to the Cards offense over the Steelers defense. Not being a homer, but the offense is rollin' right now. The defense can compete w/ anyone as it's shown.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards jump out early like they have in all the games, but I'm just not convinced the Steelers can mount a big come back. If the Cards get up by 3 TD's it'll be very tough for the Steelers. Vise versa, the Cards have the ability to score with one play at any time.

I'll be at the game and hopefully the Cards can put an end to monogamy and monopoly that has plagued the NFL for a while.

ciao

/B

You want the Cards to get in front by 3 TD :rofl:
Okay listen..... There is a reason why they play the game..... BUT.... how many teams have scored 3 TD on the steelers? The Jaguars scored 21 points (and we beat them) and the Chargers scored 24 points (and we beat them). but besides these 2 teams..............Not another team scored 3 TD on us all year.....

If the Cards beat us in the superbowl expect it to be a low scoring game.....Dont be suprised if the Steelers only need between 13 ---- 17 points to win the game....

stlrtruck
01-20-2009, 08:57 AM
I didn't see it here but I recall another cards fan talking about the giants beating the patriots* last year and they're thinking the cards can do the same against the Steelers. HOWEVER, what they are failing to realize is that the giants didn't beat the patriots* with offense, they beat them with DEFENSE!!

dreamcastsucks
01-20-2009, 09:33 AM
Our d-fence is better because we have DRC. Nuff said.

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 09:36 AM

Another case of cranial-rectal inversion. 'Nuff said. :coffee:

dreamcastsucks
01-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Name a player on your team that has ever run as fast a 40 time at the combine as DRC.

You can't. I win. Nuff said.

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
Name a player on your team that has ever run as fast a 40 time at the combine as DRC.

If you think the Cards have a better D than the Steelers, you are a blithering idiot with absolutely no football knowledge whatsoever. Sorry, I win.

dreamcastsucks
01-20-2009, 09:43 AM
What's with the personal attacks, friend?

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 09:44 AM
What's with the personal attacks, friend?

Not personal attacks, "friend." Anyone who thinks the Cards have a better D IS delusional. It's that simple.

HometownGal
01-20-2009, 09:47 AM

Welcome to Steelers Fever! :drink:

I don't take the Cards or any team lightly, but I think it is YOU who are taking the Steelers lightly. The same Steelers who had the most brutal schedule in the NFL this season and still finished 12-4. Maybe you need to "see the wake" the Steelers have left in their 12 victories in the regular season and most recently, in the Bolts and Rats playoff games.

:jawdrop: You're joking right? Whatever you're smokin has made your brain cells toast.

Do not underestimate the Steelers D. Many teams have made that mistake and they've ended up on the outside looking in.

P.S. The Steelers D doesn't get tired out. We have a lot of different looks utilizing many different players and I can guarantee you that Papa Lebeau is hard at work in his laboratory mixing up a plentiful array of new schemes.

If the Steelers hadn't played the most difficult schedule in the league this season, I wouldn't, but they are battle tested, have more than proven that they can beat the best and have silenced all of the doubters and naysayers.

The Eagles put up 21 points against your D in the second half alone and McNasty threw for 3 TD's and 375 yards in that game. The Eagles came very close to knocking you out of the playoffs. Sorry, but I just can't salivate over your D with a performance like that.

Even if the Steelers double cover Fitz, which I believe they will most of the game, do you honestly believe we don't have other players who can cover and contain Boldin and Breaston? :doh: You heard it here first - Fitz will not have a 150 yard performance against the Steelers D as he did against the Eagles. Ever hear the names McFadden, Gay, Carter, Clark, Townsend and especially Polamalu? :doh:

Really? McNasty and the Eagles wideouts, especially Curtis, Jackson and Celek, burned your secondary for 375 yards, most of those yards coming in the second half of the game. Doesn't sound to me like your secondary is "on another level".

Running game

The Cards have a better OL overall than the Steelers, admittedly, but our OL has come up big in the playoffs and I see that trend continuing. We knew we weren't going to be able to get mad yards against the Rats on the ground, but it was enough where it balanced out the offense and gave Ben a breather. Edge and Hightower will be lucky to get 60 yards on the ground between the two of them.

Passing

Agreed, :drink:

Intangibles

The Steelers didn't "diss" Wiz and he's smart and mature enough to realize that. Wiz expected to be handed the HC hat after Cowher resigned but the Steelers wanted to take a look at what else was out there - I think that's smart business and there is nothing wrong with that. When all was said and done, I think the Steelers made the right choice hands down (though I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Wiz).

The End

You are being a homer and that's fine - I've got a little homer blood running through my veins as well, but I'm looking at the entire picture here and I just don't see the Cards O steamrolling the Steelers D and I also am not as sold on your D, especially the secondary, as you are, for reasons stated above.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards jump out early like they have in all the games, but I'm just not convinced the Steelers can mount a big come back. If the Cards get up by 3 TD's it'll be very tough for the Steelers.

That's not going to happen and I think it is your homerism speaking here. The Cards will NOT get up by 3 TD's against the Steelers D - nope, nada, nein - not happenin. Sorry to burst your bubble there.

Vise versa, the Cards have the ability to score with one play at any time.

And so do the Steelers. FWP can break one at any given time, as can Ben to Santo.

Have fun at the game and be sure to take along your Kleenex. :wink02:

Here's to an injury free game! :drink:

dreamcastsucks
01-20-2009, 09:47 AM
You never answered my question. It is you who are delusional.

KeiselPower99
01-20-2009, 09:48 AM

Running game

Passing

Intangibles

The End

ciao

/B

Wow the Cards up by 3 tds??? Aint gonna happen!!!! I think you wrote that 2 weeks ago when ya beat Carolina. You gave up 18 points to the Eagles who cant run the ball and have no number 1 recievers. Warner may be good at picking up the blitz but we dont have to blitz every play. We send a 4 man rush and that will be enough to get pressure. Our secondary is a whole hell of alot better then yours. Yall must be sneaking across the border and bringing back some good Mexican $hit. Im excited for all of the Cardinals fans you finally get to experiance a Super Bowl. But dont sit there and make stuff up based on the fact you beat 3 defenses that had holes. We are a COMPLETE defense. After we school yall report back here for lessons on defense 101.

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 09:50 AM
You never answered my question. It is you who are delusional.

Yep, the Cards' D is better than the D that was #1 in the league in points allowed, #1 against the pass, #2 against the run, and #1 overall. Whatever, pal. :coffee:

dreamcastsucks
01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
You don't know anything about football. Guess I should expect that from a person from Denver, and a bandwaggoner.

fansince'76
01-20-2009, 09:54 AM
You don't know anything about football. Guess I should expect that from a person from Denver, and a bandwaggoner.

And you're a blithering idiot and a troll. Bye now. :wave:

KeiselPower99
01-20-2009, 09:55 AM

HOMER!!!!!! Is that the only db you can name??? Wilson is light years above him. Im not attacking you but man up and learn your team before you post. And by the way.....Here We Go Steelers :tt02:

PalmerSteel
01-20-2009, 10:17 AM

lol. FYI, you completely lost legitimacy with that one. slight edge? wow. ok. the ravens were gettting major TO's and not turnign it over also. we see how that defense panned out.

Dino 6 Rings
01-20-2009, 10:19 AM

/B

Welcome to the Board. Now as homer, allow me to answer your post.

Lightly? Hmm...I don't see us taking you lightly...but here is what I see.

Our defense completely destroying and crushing your offense in the most brutally violent Super Bowl to ever be witnessed by man kind. We are going to hit your guys so freaking hard that they have teeth knocked out and heads busted open with brain leakage.

Fitz, once hit in a game hard, stops getting open. I watched him in College, as a Pitt fan, and I know his tendencies, like dropping Two Point conversions in big spots or touchdown tying drops at the ends of games. Why? Cause he was afraid to get crushed in both spots. Guess what's going to happen in 2 weeks, his spine is going to get snapped like a tooth pick.

Warner...how does he actually do against 3-4 defenses and how does he perform after getting blown up early in a game? Oh right...he puckers up, throws picks and fumbles.

We are going to Stomp on your throats and rip our your still beating hearts and take a huge bite out of them as you sit there with wide open eyes and watch as all your dreams are shredded.

Then...we are going to score points on that pathetic defense of yours. We are going to run up the score too, for fun. See if we can't get to 50 while attempting to get the first SB Shut out in history.

Watch the Film. We HIT HARDER Than anyone you have played this year. Kurt will talk retirement after he gets the wires off his jaw from having it broken by Harrison.

You are going to Lose. And Lose Badly.

But good luck. Hope you survive.

Indo
01-20-2009, 10:25 AM

*sigh*

another troll who will never understand Steeler NATION

pretzel
01-20-2009, 10:55 AM
First and foremost, Congrat's to the Cards for making the SB.

That said, a few distinctions and things for consideration.

The Eagles defense is predicated on the D-line controlling the LOS. Their LB's are small and finess types. Arizona did a good job against them on Sunday. Let's see how they do against a 3-4 with an All Pro NG clogging up the middle. Our LB's are anything but finess. Let's see how quick the Cards are willing to maintain the crossing routes after being hit more than a few times.

The Eagles DB's were afraid to press cover. Our's aren't. I think Ike being physical will be key.

Look for our ground game. I think our line has gelled very well from the beginning of the year. We're also a more physical line.

And just to neutralize the coaches, Whiz for as much as I like him and for as much as he knows our players, Dick Lebeau knows just as much about his tendencies as Whiz does about ours. And in any coaching matchup I'd take Lebeau any day.

tyler289
01-20-2009, 11:02 AM
The Cardinals gave up 35+ points SIX times this season. SIX. They gave up 25-34 a handful of times, too.

I know their defense is playing better, but goddamn that defense is absolutely beatable. Giving us a "slight edge" is laughable. We are the best defense in the league, hands down, no questions.

Freakin joke. All these bandwagon Cardinals fans are so hopped up on their run (which is impressive, no doubt about it) that they forget they blew a 3-score lead and had Jake Delhomme literally hand them the game (what an awful performance).

Whiz knows some of our players, but he never coached Timmons. He never coached Woodley. He never got to see Harrison dominate like he has this year.

The Cardinals offensive line better be ready, because Harrison, Timmons (who was sooo close to 3-4 sacks), and Woodley are coming.

And you look at the Cardinals rush defense: Williams averaged over 5 yards a carry but could never get any work because Delhomme was too busy throwing to the other team. They were down and couldn't run it. Westbrook averaged about 4 yards a carry but again, they were down and had to throw it (47 attempts). One dimensional. If the Steelers don't turn the ball over and can maintain balance, they should be able to move the ball.

Not to mention the Eagles dropped like 5 wide-open passes.

plenewken
01-20-2009, 11:19 AM
If the Cards get up by 3 TD's......................

Pass around what you're smoking. That must be some very good sh*t.

deminutah
01-20-2009, 11:24 AM

What exactly is a "prevent offense". Were the Cards preventing themselves from scoring??? Billscarnage, if you answer please note the sarcasm as most of you Card Trolls, just like the Chargers before you, don't know jack about football, just spew homer garbage.

Stlrs4Life
01-20-2009, 11:27 AM

First of all, the fans can under estimate all they want, we know that the Steelers will not under estimate them. And say what you want, this isn't the Eagles. How are the Cards going to react in Tampa when it will look like a home game for the Steelers?

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 12:45 PM

Have you hit your head? My 7 year old cousin wouldnt even say something like that.

At this point your only acting like a :troll: but lets take a look at this.

You are saying we underestimate you like Carolina and Philly did. Ok, Carolina handed you the win off of turnovers, there defense had been suspect all year ranking in at 18th and your own at 19th. So when ol' Jake threw all those INT it blew Carolinas only chance to beat you. It gave Warner more time with the ball, better field position and points on the board.

Now as far as Philly underestimating you. They were ASLEEP for the first half. Scoring just 6 points to your 24. NOW when they woke up in the 2nd half and played defense they blanked you in the 3rd you pulled of a deal sealing TD and 2point conversion just in time to enough them back. But your werent the same beast in the 1st half. And the Eagles being choke artists even tho scoring 19points in the half fell apart like normal in the 4th and couldnt answer back.

But McNabb EXPLODED on your D in the 2nd half piling up a huge 375yards in the air and 91 on the ground. So you saw what they were capable of it was just to late to comeback after they slept for 2 quarters...

Now the Cards got 102 on the ground which I admit is ususally high for your team but considering the lack of effort in the 1st half by the Eagles to do anything. I'm not worried. And with Kurt Warner piling up 249yards in the air and 152 of which to Fitz you know who we are going after. Pressure Warner and ball hawk near Fitz.

The Eagles allowed 182yards in the air per game #3 in the league we allowed 156 being #1 in the league a 26yard difference per game. And consider we had the hardest schedule in the NFL playing the entire NFC East and AFC South along with Baltimore in our division and last years division champs while the Eagles took the NFC East and us and Baltimore more often than not they played junk teams like the 49ers, Bears, Seahawks, Bengals, Browns and Rams. So while 8 hard games for them and the rest a cake walk overall. While we were scraping against the leagues best, besides the 4 games against Browns and Bengals.

And even with all those highpowered offenses we still went 12-4 and now going to the Superbowl. The stats are not speaking for how good we were this year. If we had these wimpy schedules like yall got we'd probably would have blanked about a 3/4ths of them.

During the regular season you LOST to all your hard teams besides that one game the self-destruct Dallas had. Carolina and Philly blew it for themselves. You shouldnt even have made it out the divisional round and my prediction is your about to face a team that you haven't seen anything like before.

This is going to be a train wreck. :tt03:

scsteeler
01-20-2009, 12:48 PM

OK I see DRC = Dead Resurrected Cardinals playing alongside the regular defense for 22 defenders on the field yes you may have the edge if this were the case.

stlrtruck
01-20-2009, 12:49 PM

Tell me when the last time someone's 40 time mattered when the WR they were covering ended up with the ball in the endzone?

It's not just about 40 time in the NFL, kiddo! It's about exploding off the ball, it's about reading the defense/offense as they line up, it's about being able to play the game hands down.

Tell me any player on the cardinals team that plays like Troy, Ben, or Hines? Name 1.

You can't, you lose, the cardinals will lose and you sir wll be able to kindly take your :troll: arse back to the heated rock you came out from under!!

stlrtruck
01-20-2009, 01:00 PM
And you're a blithering idiot and a troll. Bye now. :wave:

FS '76 are you gonna give us a chance to :troll: hunt this post-season or you gonna back them all yourself?

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I remember when the Squaks fans invaded, thralling us all with tales of how their fullback was going to wreak havoc on our defense and other delusions and fantasies.

They told us how great and underrated Haselback was compared to Ben. They spoke of how great their defense was because it shut down some mediocre NFC-level offenses. Shawn Alexander (teetering on the brink of being washed up, just like Edge) was still the apple of their eye.

They were just positive that they had Pittsburghs number and that all the Steelers faithful had it wrong. How'd that turn out for them?

The Cards have a nice passing game. Thier punter is better than ours. That's about it, and that's not gonna be nearly enough.

(But I did get a kick out of seeing comments like "The Cards D and the Steelers D are about even". LOL...comedy Gold, Jerry!)

jasonhightower
01-20-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't know if I can wait 2 weeks for this body count, but it will help the Tampa SB Committee to gather enough stretchers for the game.

By the way, I would pay top dollar to watch Mr. Lebeau in the lab working out a plan for the Cards.

markymarc
01-20-2009, 02:02 PM
Glad I got my laugh for today after reading "slight edge" for the Steelers defense over the Cardinals. Funny stuff right there. So I wonder what kind of edge you would give us considering LeBeau has 2 weeks to prepare something for this so called high powered Cardinals offense.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 02:26 PM

what does thave to do with anything IDIOT?? man you trolls get more and more STUPID, as the days go bye!! WOW

tyler289
01-20-2009, 02:38 PM
what does thave to do with anything IDIOT?? man you trolls get more and more STUPID, as the days go bye!! WOW

don't you know? a 40-yard dash time in a dome in Indy with no one around you is the deciding factor in the super bowl!!!!

god, that's one of the dumbest things I've read. if you're gonna troll, at least have some football knowledge

coldsweat
01-20-2009, 02:39 PM

Running game

Passing

Intangibles

The End

ciao

/B

You being a Cards fan sounds like you are taking Pittsburgh lightly. The Cards are what their record says that they are 9-7. They are a 9-7 team. No better no worse.

Pittsburghs defense will make Kurt Warner look like an old fool. The Cards defense was ranked in the lower 20's I beleive. Pittsburgh WILL score points on them.

You are just like the San Diego fans that came here saying that they were the hottest team in the NFL, Well you seem to think that the Cards are the hottest thing now.

NEW FLASH the Steelers are the Firemen putting them flames out!

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 02:41 PM
don't you know? a 40-yard dash time in a dome in Indy with no one around you is the deciding factor in the super bowl!!!!

god, that's one of the dumbest things I've read. if you're gonna troll, at least have some football knowledge

:rofl: Im telling you, this gets better and better. and i thought the charger fans were IDIOTS!

kmsteelerwr15
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM

not to mention game speed is much more important and i dont think anyone has better game speed than Troy Polamalu

AllD
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
How many opposing players did the Cards defense send off the field in body bags? From the kickoff the Steelers will be pounding them into the turf. Tampa will be a home game for the Black & Gold. The Cards will go in wearing red and white and end the game in solid red. More bandwagon BS. The media is making the Cards out to be the rebirth of the 80's 49ers, I think I'm gonna puke.

SteelTalons
01-20-2009, 02:48 PM

The badder the team the stupider the troll. 'Nuff Said! :chuckle:

If someone thinks a one dimensional team that has no running game and a 20th ranked D is going to win on the arm of Kurt Warner and the hands of Larry Fitzgerald... THEY ARE OUT OF THEIR MINDS. People keep arguing with me that "They could get lucky" we have a better chance of getting "lucky" and having Micheal Jackson lose his interest in little boys that than EVER happening.

Its not my underestimation its the trolls overestimation of a game they don't seem to understand very well. The media is going to be optimistic! Oh the Cardinals can win! If they said, no way in hell. Nobody would watch!

The Steelers D are gonna be on Warner and Fitz like buzzards on a gut wagon. The only way we lose is if we beat ourselves considering we aren't playing a physical team they will have a hard time creating anything that resembles chaos... :fingers: :frustrate

AllD
01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the Board. Now as homer, allow me to answer your post.

Lightly? Hmm...I don't see us taking you lightly...but here is what I see.

Our defense completely destroying and crushing your offense in the most brutally violent Super Bowl to ever be witnessed by man kind. We are going to hit your guys so freaking hard that they have teeth knocked out and heads busted open with brain leakage.

Fitz, once hit in a game hard, stops getting open. I watched him in College, as a Pitt fan, and I know his tendencies, like dropping Two Point conversions in big spots or touchdown tying drops at the ends of games. Why? Cause he was afraid to get crushed in both spots. Guess what's going to happen in 2 weeks, his spine is going to get snapped like a tooth pick.

Warner...how does he actually do against 3-4 defenses and how does he perform after getting blown up early in a game? Oh right...he puckers up, throws picks and fumbles. Warner better go out wearing Depends.

We are going to Stomp on your throats and rip our your still beating hearts and take a huge bite out of them as you sit there with wide open eyes and watch as all your dreams are shredded.

Then...we are going to score points on that pathetic defense of yours. We are going to run up the score too, for fun. See if we can't get to 50 while attempting to get the first SB Shut out in history.

Watch the Film. We HIT HARDER Than anyone you have played this year. Kurt will talk retirement after he gets the wires off his jaw from having it broken by Harrison.

You are going to Lose. And Lose Badly.

But good luck. Hope you survive.

I kind of like this pre-game analysis, although you are giving the Cards a little more credit than they deserve. This could be a SB where the Steelers defense sets a scoring record, in points and broken bones.

Blitzberg06
01-20-2009, 02:53 PM

Philly* Isn't even close to the Steelers D.

This is the best thing ever. Cards play the "disrespect" card way to much. Picking against a team isn't disrespect hell who cares what the fans say? Media? they are just people getting paid to talk about it. We've heard it before too. We can't stop this receiver we can't stop this receiver. This QB is too good this Qb is that.

Motard..really? that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard in my life. :toofunny:

You are a Homecard, Part Homer and Part Cardinals fan!

See how dumb that sounds?

:tt03::tt03::tt03:

RoethlisBURGHer
01-20-2009, 02:55 PM
It's really to late to be jumping in here, but slight edge on defense?

The Steelers defense doesn't cough up 18 point leads. The Steelers defense doesn't let a QB throw for 400 yards, hell only one team all season plus the playoffs put up 300 yards of TOTAL offense on this defense.

While you're defense has improved, it's nowhere near the Steelers defense. Not even in the same universe.

I guess all that Arizona sun has gone to you're head.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
You've got to give these card trolls a little slack. They're first timers.

:toofunny: they better enjoy this because, this will be the last time they get to do this, cause this wont happen again next season!

Mags87
01-20-2009, 03:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2008&seasonType=REG&Submit=Go

look to the right, you will see:
#1 Passing Defense: Steelers #22 Arizona
#2 Rushing Defense: Steelers, #16 Arizona
#1 Overall Defense: Steelers, #19 Arizona

look to the left:
#2 Passing Offense: Arizona #17 Steelers
#32 Rushing Offense: Arizona #23 Steelers
#4 Overall Offense: Arizona #22 Steelers

look a little harder and you will see that:
Total points given up: Steelers #1(223) Arizona #28(426)

Steelers D conceded 19 touchdowns (#1)
Arizona D conceded 49 touchdowns (#30)

Steelers D recorded 51 sacks (#2)
Arizona D recorded 31 sacks (#14)

Steelers D recorded 20 INTs (tied for #6)
Arizona D recorded 13 INTs (tied for #17)

so slight edge Steelers? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

EDIT: accidentally put Steelers sacks at #1 but they were behind Dallas. my bad

stlrtruck
01-20-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/team?seasonId=2008&seasonType=REG&Submit=Go

look to the right, you will see:
#1 Passing Defense: Steelers #22 Arizona
#2 Rushing Defense: Steelers, #16 Arizona
#1 Overall Defense: Steelers, #19 Arizona

look to the left:
#2 Passing Offense: Arizona #17 Steelers
#32 Rushing Offense: Arizona #23 Steelers
#4 Overall Offense: Arizona #22 Steelers

look a little harder and you will see that:
Total points given up: Steelers #1(223) Arizona #28(426)

Steelers D conceded 19 touchdowns (#1)
Arizona D conceded 49 touchdowns (#30)

Steelers D recorded 51 sacks (#2)
Arizona D recorded 31 sacks (#14)

Steelers D recorded 20 INTs (tied for #6)
Arizona D recorded 13 INTs (tied for #17)

so slight edge Steelers? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

EDIT: accidentally put Steelers sacks at #1 but they were behind Dallas. my bad

Let's put this in a little different formation to help the cardinal :troll:s understand a little bit better who they are facing on Feb 1.

#1 Passing Defense: Steelers #2 Passing Offense: Arizona
#2 Rushing Defense: Steelers, #32 Rushing Offense Arizona
#1 Overall Defense: Steelers, #4 Overall Offense: Arizona

#22 Passing Defense: Arizona #17 Passing Offense: Steelers
#16 Rushing Defense: Arizona, #23 Rushing Offense: Steelers
#19 Overall Defense: Arizona, #22 Overall Offense: Steelers

It's going to be a very long day for the cardinals if they can't protect Warner and while they did a good job of it for the most part, the third quarter against the iggle proved that warner can get off his mark with the right pressure. Who do the cards double team? Harrison - whoops left Woodley all alone. What about Keisel? Big Snack? Aaron Smith? Timmons? Go Max protect? What about Troy? Can Warner tell what he's going to do just by the way he lines up?

What about Ben? Can the cardinals contain him in the pocket? Can they handle the explosiveness of FWP? Or the multi-faceted MeMo? What about Ward? Are LBs going to be looking to duck or tackle? What about Holmes (I heard he had a fast 40 time at the combine)? Let's not forget HHHHHEEEEEAAATTTHHHHH!

revefsreleets
01-20-2009, 03:52 PM
This is all vaguely reminiscent of Gulf War I, and the Cards fans are like Baghdad Bob.

Mags87
01-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Let's put this in a little different formation to help the cardinal :troll:s understand a little bit better who they are facing on Feb 1.

#1 Passing Defense: Steelers #2 Passing Offense: Arizona
#2 Rushing Defense: Steelers, #17 Rushing Offense Arizona
#1 Overall Defense: Steelers, #4 Overall Offense: Arizona

#22 Passing Defense: Arizona #17 Passing Offense: Steelers
#16 Rushing Defense: Arizona, #23 Rushing Offense: Steelers
#19 Overall Defense: Arizona, #22 Overall Offense: Steelers

your numbers are fudged up there. Arizona had #32 Rushing offense (which is last in the league, the same league with the Lions...)

SteelCurtain7
01-20-2009, 04:19 PM
If we played against the rams twice a year, our offense would be ranked a little higher too.

And the Niners...and the Seachickens.

AllD
01-20-2009, 05:28 PM
The statue of Franco at the airport has more movement than Warner. Our D is going to plant him like a telephone pole.

NJarhead
01-20-2009, 05:54 PM
A 9-7 team in the weakest division in football, beats a 9-6-1 team who couldn't finish off the Bengals.....VS.....The 12-4 Steelers with the toughest schedule in NFL history and the best defense in recent memory.

I take no team lightly, but I'm not going to listen to any Cardinals fans yapping when they're here for the first time ever.

CargoJon
01-20-2009, 05:58 PM
Exactly where in the bloody hell do you think Whiz and Grimm learned all their tricks? Do you think you have anything original to throw at us?

Hell, I watched Ben throw that trick pass the Cards did against the Eagles three years ago in the playoffs against the Bengals.

The problem for you is - we know Whiz, Grimm, and their tricks - but Tomlin and Ariens are an unknown to the Cards.

Steelers by 2 TD's.

KeiselPower99
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Exactly where in the bloody hell do you think Whiz and Grimm learned all their tricks? Do you think you have anything original to throw at us?

Hell, I watched Ben throw that trick pass the Cards did against the Eagles three years ago in the playoffs against the Bengals.

The problem for you is - we know Whiz, Grimm, and their tricks - but Tomlin and Ariens are an unknown to the Cards.

Steelers by 2 TD's.

Great point!!!!

JHSilverback
01-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I believe the Cards don't have the Defensive MVP on their side and looks like no one has an answer to stop him cept to hold the crap outta him.....SILVERBACK ATTACK!

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200808/20080815pd_steelers0814e_500.jpg

westcoastransplant
01-21-2009, 12:21 AM
Did Chargers fans start rooting for the Cardnals?

Petesburgh66
01-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Funny, several fans of a 8-8 team (Chargers) thumped their chests stating they were going to beat the Steelers because they were hot heading into the playoffs. Look how that turned out.

Now it's fans of a 9-7 team doing the same. sigh, whatever. This is the same team that got their butts kicked by two AFC teams this year, in which both use the 3-4 D. Heck, both of those teams failed to make the playoffs. Sorry, the Steelers D is another level than compared to the Jets and Pats. The Cards will find that out in two Sundays from now.

As for Whiz and Grimm knowing the Steeler plays, you don't think Tomlin and Lebeau have changed things up since the last meeting in 2007. Last time I checked, Harrison wasn't starting and Woodley was playing college ball.

Preacher
01-21-2009, 02:12 AM
I'm watching the AFCCG again.

what really gets me, is how they leave WIDE OPEN the TE's. Also, If Ward is healthy, he and Washington will have a BIG DAY. Cromarte will focus on Ike. But there is no drop off from Ike to Ward. There is a BIG drop off to their second DB.

You have to put a Safety on the third WR in order to control him. But that leaves him open for short passes-- think Ward in the slot with Washington going long.

I can't WAIT to see this game.

Blitzburgh_Fever
01-21-2009, 05:40 AM
I'm watching the AFCCG again.

what really gets me, is how they leave WIDE OPEN the TE's.

What I don't understand about the Cardinals having a great defense etc is that, really, they don't. McNabb was throwing behind receivers for the first 30 minutes of the game. It wasn't until the second half that McNabb had any sense of accuracy. I'm a McNabb fan, but Ben can throw on the run better and is more in sync with his receivers.

The Eagles D also, frankly, blew chunks Sunday. They never tried to jam Fitz, never changed anything up aside from "Stick Asante on him and have a safety play zone over top". LeBeau makes adjustments throughout the game, and the Steelers have a tendency to shut down #1 playmakers.

The Cardinals were leaving people open non-stop, especially on horizontal routes, Sunday. McNabb just had no accuracy for half the game.

lukas
01-21-2009, 06:26 AM
This isn't Cowher football.

Mike Tomlin has shown that he can make huge post-halftime adjustments. Take a look at our 3rd quarter statistics. Our point margin is huge. Like, astronomically huge. While Arians is a bit of a dullard, Lebeau's adjustments absolutely shuts down offenses that were on a hot streak. And for whatever ineptness Arians has at one-dimensional playcalling, Ben has that "it" factor that makes things happen during crunch time.

And as Tomlin has shown playing the Chargers, give him two weeks of prep-time and a well-rested team, and he'll work magic. The Divisional game against the Chargers was nothing like the nail-biter during the regular season.

In recent history, our secondary was odd. We would statistically be good against the pass, but we always had a tendency to give up huge passing plays to prolific offenses (Brady and the Patriots, Indy and the Colts, etc.) With Tomlin on board and his secondary coaching experience, he seems to have greatly shored up this deficiency with pretty much the same players. They're leaps and bounds better than they were several years ago.

Not going to lie. Warner and Fitz worries me quite a bit. They're explosive and hot at just the right time. Fitz has ascended into a whole new level, and while Ike has been quietly shutting down #1 receivers of good offenses, I don't know yet if he will be quite enough. I don't doubt that a big play will happen here and there in two weeks.

I don't really care too much about Whiz's past. The insider information works both ways, even if it's more sided in Whizenhunt's favor.

Buzz05
01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
We've already shut down Houston and New England this year (#3 and #5). I see no reason why we can't do the same to #4. :helmet:

Oh but don't worry. The just beat the #3 defense so they will totally crush us with that #4 offense...atleast thats what they think :doh:

markymarc
01-21-2009, 08:45 AM
This is the same team that got their butts kicked by two AFC teams this year, in which both use the 3-4 D. Heck, both of those teams failed to make the playoffs. Sorry, the Steelers D is another level than compared to the Jets and Pats. The Cards will find that out in two Sundays from now.

And of course the Cardinal fans won't want to talk about those 2 performances where Warner was horrible against 3-4 defenses in the Jets and Cheaters. Warner won't know what hit him on 2/1/09.

HughC
01-27-2009, 09:07 PM
BTW I just love how opposing fans roll in here and talk to Steelers fans like the fans are playing in the SB or something. They fail to realize that the players themselves are in no way overlooking the Cards....they are preparing for them and they will be ready. As fans we have the luxury of feeling confident though, so I really don't think they have any place to come in here and tell us how we should or shouldn't feel about our confidence level. IMO the Cardinals don't really bring anything to the field that the Steelers haven't faced (and beaten) already this year. Great post SteelCityMom! It's highly unfortunate that it is also probably more intelligent than anything we'll hear in the pre-game analysis from the national sites like bspn, fox, cbs, and nbc.

JPSEMP
01-27-2009, 09:44 PM
We will run the ball well against this defense and that will be the difference in the game. Although the rushing game has not been a strength all season it has improved through the second half of the season. The line isnt good enough to run against a good defense but they have played well when going up against average run defenses. The Cards are just that an average run defense even in these playoffs they are giving up over 4 yds a pop.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-27-2009, 09:46 PM

Ya those stats are inflated from your 12th man Jake Delhome

Muppet13
01-27-2009, 09:50 PM
:coffee:We already have 5 super bowl wins. How many do the cardinals have?

PoundinSteel
01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Ya those stats are inflated from your 12th man Jake Delhome

I've had this "We are on a Roll" argument with quite a few Card fans. I have never seen a more inept preformance from a QB and coaching staff than I witnessed from "Jake the Fake" and company that night. The Falcons were a one trick pony with Turner. The Eagles had a one dimensional offense and an over-rated defense. (They played their best game of the year against us and played only 2 decent passing teams all year, Cards and Cowboys.)