PDA

View Full Version : concern on the game ahead

LebauLegacyX7
01-19-2009, 10:53 PM
My only concern into this game is to make sure our coaching staff prepares our D for the trickery plays that I'm sure Whiz is going to try to come up with to try gain yardage, other than that I believe ike or even troy pumped up can contain fitz

BehindSteelCurtain
01-19-2009, 10:54 PM
I hope Clark is ready to hit.

CaliStillersFan
01-20-2009, 05:03 AM
Lebeau vs the Whiz??? I think I'll take Lebeau, he'll have the Whiz scratching his head.

stillers4me
01-20-2009, 05:26 AM
We weren't even supposed to make the playoffs with the toughest schedule in the league. Tomlin had them ready.

We weren't supposed to be able to beat the Ravens 3 times. Tomlin had them ready.

I, myself, have done some handwringing about the fact that the Whiz is facing us in the biggest game of the year. I have faith that Tomlin will have them ready.

theplatypus
01-20-2009, 05:35 AM
I don't have much to say about his other than, I really like our chances.

A solid D,playmakers on both sides of the ball, and a great staff.

BlastFurnace
01-20-2009, 09:36 AM
My only concern is that we don't have the "Hug N' Howdy" time before the game like we did the last time we played them. I know some players are sill close with Whiz and Grimm....there is a time for that...after we kick the cr@p out of the Cardinals.

Whiz may try to use that to soften our guys up before the game.

We are the better team.

Dino 6 Rings
01-20-2009, 09:39 AM
I'm concerned for the local hospitals in Tampa Bay not having enough room for the amount of Cardinals players we are going to be sending their way with broken skulls.

HometownGal
01-20-2009, 09:49 AM
My only concern is that we don't have the "Hug N' Howdy" time before the game like we did the last time we played them. I know some players are sill close with Whiz and Grimm....there is a time for that...after we kick the cr@p out of the Cardinals.

We are the better team.

"Hug N' Howdy" time falls by the wayside in the big dance, Ed. Wiz, Grimm and the Steelers players are going to be mortal enemies out there and the Tomlinator will have 'em ready to do battle - no doubt about it.

As far as Wiz using trickery - you can count on it, but I'm 100% confident that Lebeau and his boyz have their noses to the grindstone reviewing tapes and conjuring up schemes to combat any possible trick Wiz may have up his sleeve.

MACH1
01-20-2009, 09:54 AM
If we can smack em down hard enough at the start any trick plays will be an act of desperation.

GodofGridiron
01-20-2009, 09:56 AM
Everyone keeps bring up this "familiarity" plug with Whiz and its bound to be played out over and over and over again. Its about the only thing Cards fans go with to fool themselves into believing they got this game all wrapped up -- "He knows their weaknesses and we beat em last year".

Well Mangini was familiar with Brady and that offense and knew its tendencies yet he couldnt beat em. Kubiak knew about the Broncos where he had coached before.

This familiarity thing gets way too much credit and a lot of steam is provided to this notion by last seasons loss in AZ. That loss had nothing to do with Whiz knowing anything. We made critical mistakes in that game like throwing picks in the endzone, Special teams breakdowns and a slew of injuries to Hampton, Troy and Hines.

scsteeler
01-20-2009, 09:57 AM
I like the fact that Tomlin along with the coaching staff has made sure to this team is prepared for anything. I not only think we will be prepared but our staff is hoping that Whiz thinks he knows what we are going to do in which this can be used to make some big plays on offense. I do think a few plays here and there can be made on gadget plays by both sides but in the end it comes down to who is plays the best defense and if we do that we win this no problem.

:tt02:

The_WARDen
01-20-2009, 10:47 AM
My only concern into this game is to make sure our coaching staff prepares our D for the trickery plays that I'm sure Whiz is going to try to come up with to try gain yardage, other than that I believe ike or even troy pumped up can contain fitz

I have no concern for the game ahead. The offense has FINALLY shown that they can carry their weight! The only team that can beat the Steelers right now are the Steelers.

:tt03:

markymarc
01-20-2009, 12:01 PM

We are the better team.

Actually that kind of concerns me as well. Players like Nate and Max have already stated about how emotional it will be. But I guarantee that Tomlin is aware of this and will make sure the players know the deal.

markymarc
01-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Lebeau vs the Whiz??? I think I'll take Lebeau, he'll have the Whiz scratching his head.

Absolutely. Maybe LeBeau can break out his 100 plays he was saving for the Rats. And the scary thing is LeBeau has 2 weeks to prepare for the Cardinals. Not a good thing for Whiz and his team.

AllD
01-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Tomlin is all business. There is also a new promotion exclusive to Cardinals fans. Travel to Tampa for the SB and donate a pint of blood and receive a free parking pass.

stlrtruck
01-20-2009, 03:11 PM
The only concern I have now is Colon false starting the trophy to the cards.

Fire Haley
01-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Cards might lose one...

INJURY REPORT

--DE/OLB Travis LaBoy suffered a left biceps injury and will undergo an MRI in the next day. The muscle could be torn, which would keep LaBoy out of the Super Bowl.