PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Kid Charlemagne
01-20-2009, 12:54 AM
I realize there is a forum for introductions but I would rather talk at the epicenter of the action. So if this get's moved so be it.

I've lurked at these forums for a while and have found it to be the most intelligent and entertaining of the many Steelers boards i've been too. I'm 20 years old from eastern Kentucky and i've been a Steel fan since around the '99 season. These parts are dominated by the Bengals and the Titans mainly(yet for some odd reason...only when they're playing good, hah!) and as a young boy none of my family or friends kept up with nor cared about football, so how I became a fan is really a shot in the dark. I watched a few games and got hooked to the players(mainly Bettis and Gildon), the colors, the tradition, the fans, everything. I quickly dove into the history of the franchise indulged in every bit of info I could get...and this was before the internet boom for us hillfolk. I've always lived below the poverty line so getting to Pitt for a game has been out of reach, it's my goal for next season though.

My most memorable moment as a fan was seeing Ben play in a televised Miami game and right away thinking I wanted him on our team...then draft day came and I got my wish...this up'ed my fanhood more than I could have imagined.

Now here I am 10 years after starting this relationship and witnessing a second Superbowl in which my team is featured, we truely are a fortunate fanbase.

Welp, thanks for hearing me out, sorry if it was too long, look forward to bullshitting with you cats.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 12:58 AM
Nice intro man, welcome aboard!! :tt02:

Nighthawk
01-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Nice to have you around, great intro

Kid Charlemagne
01-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Thanks brothers.

MACH1
01-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Welcome, and enjoy. Feel free to slap a couple of cards fans around while your here. :chuckle:

NEPAsteeler
01-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Welcome! And yes... prepare yourself for 2 weeks of Cardinals fans trying to plead that their team is going to beat us.