PDA

View Full Version : New Guy here,,,

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey Guys. I am a longtime Steeler fan, going all the way back to the mid 70's. My younger brother picked the Cowboys as his team, so of course I had to choose their biggest rival. Needless to say, I picked the better team!
I grew up just outside New York City and so, by default I am a huge New York sports fan as well. Jets, Yankees, Knick and Rangers are my teams...
All that said, I was relocated to Phoenix, AZ back in 2001. I decided immediately to support the local teams and since the Cards were pitiful, they we practically giving away season tix. So, I've been a Cards season ticket holder since then... Ironically, my high school team was also called the Cardinals so the connection from a logo perspective is fun.

I couldn't have dreamed for this Super Bowl, as I never thought the Cards could do it. But here we are.... I've got a Bradshaw and Polamalu jersey, and a Fitzgerald and Pat Tillman jersey...
I'm a Cards fan first now. And will be hoping the Cards grab their first ever Championship...

Cheers!
:drink:

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:10 AM
wait, so are you a cards fan or a steelers fan??:doh:

Welcome though

jjpro11
01-20-2009, 01:12 AM
well, at least you are guaranteed to celebrate after the game.. i think?

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
wait, so are you a cards fan or a steelers fan??:doh:

Welcome though

I'm both... except in two weeks... I'm a Cards fan that day!

:wave:

Nighthawk
01-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Welcome!

MACH1
01-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Don't ya just love bandwagoners.

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Hey Guys. I am a Steelers fan when they were winning Super Bowls then in the 80s it got rough I switched up to the Cards, then back to the Steelers in the 90s when they had a good run, now I'm back to the Cards, going all the way back to the mid 70's.

Fixed it for you!!!:wave:

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 01:19 AM
Don't ya just love bandwagoners.

Actually, I hate 'em...

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 01:22 AM
Fixed it for you!!!:wave:

You clearly didn't read my post... You know, the part where I clearly stated I was relocated to AZ in 2001... I've been a Steeler fan for more than 30 years... never changed...
I live in AZ now, started supporting the local team and fell in love with the franchise.
The Steelers and Cards play in opposite conferences. It's been easy to support both. However, come Super Bowl Sunday, my allegiance will be with the Cards... Not too complicated really...

Kid Charlemagne
01-20-2009, 01:25 AM
This thread is hilarious.

I love hearing guys try to explain how they just love both teams in the superbowl...happens atleast a few times a year.
Besides that, no respectable fan can have two favorite teams.
You can like other teams or root for them in the right situations, but two favorites is ridiculous.

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 01:26 AM
You clearly didn't read my post... You know, the part where I clearly stated I was relocated to AZ in 2001... I've been a Steeler fan for more than 30 years... never changed...
I live in AZ now, started supporting the local team and fell in love with the franchise.
The Steelers and Cards play in opposite conferences. It's been easy to support both. However, come Super Bowl Sunday, my allegiance will be with the Cards... Not too complicated really...

What's your definition of bandwagon out of curiosity? You're either a Steelers fan or not, as Andrew Dice Clay says, "you either suck d*ck, or you do not suck d*ck." You sir, sound like the latter.:drooling:

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:29 AM
What's your definition of bandwagon out of curiosity? You're either a Steelers fan or not, as Andrew Dice Clay says, "you either suck d*ck, or you do not suck d*ck." You sir, sound like the latter.:drooling:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::laughing::toofunny::sofunny:

steelreserve
01-20-2009, 01:31 AM

I love hearing guys try to explain how they just love both teams in the superbowl...happens atleast a few times a year.
You can like other teams or root for them in the right situations, but two favorites is ridiculous.

Well, it sounds pretty clear to me that the guy is rooting for the Cardinals and not the Steelers. I can kind of understand where he's coming from, since I was born in Pittsburgh in the 1970s and moved to SF in the early '80s. I had plenty of fun watching the 49ers win all their championships too. Although if they ever played each other in the Super Bowl, you bet your ass I'd be rooting for the Steelers.

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 01:33 AM

Oh... I see... not your average internet tough guy..but a Steeler internet tough guy...

Whatever dude. I've given the facts. I'm a Steeler fan... Been one for more than 30 years. Been to two playoff games in Three Rivers... Took the ferry boat over from the Sheraton. Shook that thing along with fellow Steeler fans... My son and I often wear our Polamalu jersey's....
But I also am a Cardinal fan. And wil be pulling for them come Super Bowl Sunday...

So, ummm, yea... wrap all that up and I guess it means I suck dick,... :rofl:

Blitzberg06
01-20-2009, 01:34 AM

Eh I'm a die hard Steelers fan but I like to see the Texans win games. I like Andre, Slaton, Williams. I'm not a fan but I watch there games if they are on and root for them to win.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:36 AM
Oh... I see... not your average internet tough guy..but a Steeler internet tough guy...

Whatever dude. I've given the facts. I'm a Steeler fan... Been one for more than 30 years. Been to two playoff games in Three Rivers... Took the ferry boat over from the Sheraton. Shook that thing along with fellow Steeler fans... My son and I often wear our Polamalu jersey's....
But I also am a Cardinal fan. And wil be pulling for them come Super Bowl Sunday...

Let me ask u this quetion then.. if you say your a steelers fan , why are you not gonna root for the steelers in the SB,Since you claim you been a fan fr 30 years? LOL pretty bogus to me... oh well

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 01:37 AM

Apparently metaphors escape you as fast as your Steeler roots, it just means you are not a real Steelers fan. It's OK, you sold out, as long as you rest easy no worries for you.

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:37 AM

:puke::sissies::jerkit:

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Hmmm... Ok i can allllmost relate?

Lets make this clear I am a Steelers fan through and through in every situation possible.

But living in NJ and my father being a Die Hard jets fan a little place in my heart goes out to the jets. (And by Die Hard jets fan i mean cursing the team every week) haha

For example I will flip to the Jets after i watch a steelers game, always hope that the Jets win their division , Love their fans mostly blue collar folk, love the stadium atmosphere and the J-E-T-S chant.

But at the end of the day if the Jets is any threat to the STEELERS, I say screw the Jets. haha

But i would never CHANGE my favorite team for any reason. I root for another team every now and then, but I BLEED BLACK AND GOLD BABY:tt03:

I welcome you to the MB but you my friend are a bandwangon fan by definition.

drizze99
01-20-2009, 01:41 AM
LMAO... let me tell you that you were never a Steelers fan. You are a fair weather fan. I was re-located to Delaware where its prodominantly Eagles territory. I can get to the Stadium in 45 minuted. Did I switch teams? Hell no because I BLEED BLACK & GOLD. You never did and never will. Save your BS story for Cardinal fans because they might buy it.

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Let me ask u this quetion then.. if you say your a steelers fan , why are you not gonna root for the steelers in the SB,Since you claim you been a fan fr 30 years? LOL pretty bogus to me... oh well

meh... why bother...

Hey man... I hope it's a great game. Hope both teams play well and put on a great show. Hope the nation buys into the many subplots associated with this matchup.
And i hope, in the end, the Cards continue to shock the world and grab their first ever Lombardi trophy...

Later...

:hatsoff:

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:43 AM
Rooting for a team, and sayin that's also your fav team, are 2 diffrent things!

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 01:44 AM
meh... why bother...

Hey man... I hope it's a great game. Hope both teams play well and put on a great show. Hope the nation buys into the many subplots associated with this matchup.
And i hope, in the end, the Cards continue to shock the world and grab their first ever Lombardi trophy...

Later...

Back to the Cardinals board with you, I hear the membership is at an all time high!!!!!

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:44 AM
meh... why bother...

Later...

HAHAH, thought so.. :wave:

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 01:45 AM
Back to the Cardinals board with you, I hear the membership is at an all time high!!!!!

they got 2x for 1 right now. :toofunny:

drizze99
01-20-2009, 01:47 AM
Hurry up, I hear the bandwagon getting ready to roll out of here!

Steelthe#1dynasty
01-20-2009, 01:51 AM

You are right, not too complicated but very confusing ... I'll use the term "perplexed." Welcome to the board!

augustashark
01-20-2009, 01:58 AM
LOL, this guy was a wildebeest that just stumbled into a lions den.

Scraps anyone?

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 02:00 AM

Scraps anyone?

It's kinda like your siggy... :chuckle:

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 02:00 AM

Scraps anyone?

Too funny... hey, you guys want to have some good chat, come visit us over at www.arizonasportsfans.com. "Lions Den"??? :rofl:

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Too funny... hey, you guys want to have some good chat, come visit us over at www.arizonasportsfans.com. "Lions Den"??? :rofl:

Why go there when we have plenty here?

Polamalu43
01-20-2009, 02:02 AM

:sofunny:

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-20-2009, 02:10 AM

See you don't get it!!! We really have no desire to shove our favorite teams statistics in your fans faces. We are perfectly content and enjoy talking about football here and we invite any one to come and talk football with us. But you are meaning to tell me you want people to take your opinion seriously, and im not saying the cards fans, i am say you! You introduce yourself as a fan for 3 different teams, because you moved. GUESS WHAT back in the 70's a lot of people had to move out of pittsburgh because of the job market, and they still remained STEELER FANS TILL THIS DAY.

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 02:12 AM

Oh I don't know... Perhaps accepting the challenge of hearing the other side from the opposing fans??
It's why I came here. I'm hoping that the people I've encountered thus far (exception being Preacher) are not indicative of this board...
You guys seem to have an issue with hearing the other side. Oh well...

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 02:13 AM
See you don't get it!!! We really have no desire to shove our favorite teams statistics in your fans faces. We are perfectly content and enjoy talking about football here and we invite any one to come and talk football with us. But you are meaning to tell me you want people to take your opinion seriously, and im not saying the cards fans, i am say you! You introduce yourself as a fan for 3 different teams, because you moved. GUESS WHAT back in the 70's a lot of people had to move out of pittsburgh because of the job market, and they still remained STEELER FANS TILL THIS DAY.

Hey - just gave some Vegas dude this advice... I'll do the same for you... Read my posts more clearly dude. Never said I lived in Pitt. Never have... :banging:

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Oh I don't know... Perhaps accepting the challenge of hearing the other side from the opposing fans??
It's why I came here. I'm hoping that the people I've encountered thus far (exception being Preacher) are not indicative of this board...
You guys seem to have an issue with hearing the other side. Oh well...

No, no problem with hearing the other side as long as it's intelligent thought out and not blatant homer chest thumping. Your first post kind of set the standard there huh?

MACH1
01-20-2009, 02:15 AM
The other side that you believe that your O is going to have a cake walk against our D.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-20-2009, 02:16 AM
I am always open to talk sports with other fans that are curious about our team.Curiosity is usually the basis of any visitors. But dont come in pumping your chest trying to get everyone in this forum to bow down to your presence. God i hate those kind of fans.

And Cardgrad this post wasnt an attack on you, that was an attack on trolls. This post is generally speaking, the other is specific

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 02:16 AM
No, no problem with hearing the other side as long as it's intelligent thought out and not blatant homer chest thumping. Your first post kind of set the standard there huh?

You mean my first post where I said I was a Steeler fan? That "chest thumping"?? Oh... ok... :sofunny:

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 02:17 AM
The other side that you believe that your O is going to have a cake walk against our D.

One last time with this advice... pease read my comments more clearly... I believe I'm speaking english here?? Please tell me where I made such a an assine comment? :banging:

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 02:19 AM
You mean my first post where I said I was a Steeler fan? That "chest thumping"?? Oh... ok... :sofunny:

No, I was thinking more along the lines of the intelligent part. It showed an absolute lack of it. You come on to a die hard Steelers board, basically saying you sold out and now root for the team we are playing in the SB, goooooood idea????? :thumbsup:

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-20-2009, 02:23 AM
Hey - just gave some Vegas dude this advice... I'll do the same for you... Read my posts more clearly dude. Never said I lived in Pitt. Never have... :banging:

I did read and understand, because your brother was a cowboys fans u ROOTED for the steelers.

Then you move to the NY and ROOTED for all NY teams.

Now you are in Arizona and your ROOTING for the Cards.

Maybe your should read my post more clearly DUDE. Because i never once said you lived in Pitt. I was trying to make a point that a lot of people had to leave the city but NEVER left there love for the team.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-20-2009, 02:26 AM
understood*

MACH1
01-20-2009, 02:30 AM
One last time with this advice... pease read my comments more clearly... I believe I'm speaking english here?? Please tell me where I made such a an assine comment? :banging:

Like this gem of a quote you made in the other thread?

You guys won't be able to stop Fitz... Your only hope is to somehow, some way get Kurt out of rythmn... No team has yet been able to do that in the post season. And the way our offense is clicking, I just don't see how you guys will as well.

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 02:33 AM
I did read and understand, because your brother was a cowboys fans u ROOTED for the steelers.

Then you move to the NY and ROOTED for all NY teams.

Now you are in Arizona and your ROOTING for the Cards.

Maybe your should read my post more clearly DUDE. Because i never once said you lived in Pitt. I was trying to make a point that a lot of people had to leave the city but NEVER left there love for the team.

OK... I am not about to compare my degree of fandom with yours...

Let me try this again. I was 8 years old. Living in NY. I come from a large family where you had no choice but to support the Jets... I did. I enjoyed it but never loved it. At the same time, my brother felt the same way about the Jets. He chose to root for the Cowboys. I had to choose a team that I felt was better than the Cowboys. So I chose the Steelers. So, from the time I was 8 (1972) thru 2001 when I was relocated to AZ, while I cheered for the Jets, my support lied with the Steelers. I never lived in Pitt and would never suggest that I am or was as much of a fan as any of you. I love the Steelers, the ownership and the city itself. Again, Iwhile I haven't been to Heinz field yet, I've been to plenty of games at Three Rovers (used to make the 8 hour drive from NY). Gotten the runs plenty of times from Iron City Beer...
When I moved here to AZ in '01, along with a friend who was also relocated here at the same time, we decided to purchase some Cards season tix. I have 3 young kids and wanted to give them the experience of attending Pro Football game... Well, it's been 8 years now and I have grown to love the Cards. I have invested a large amount of money and emotion in this team. The Steelers have their rings. It's time to see the Cards get theirs...
Perhaps I'm asking too much for you guys to understand all of that...
Anyway - it is what it is...
Here's to a great game!

82CardsGrad
01-20-2009, 02:34 AM
Like this gem of a quote you made in the other thread?

So that translates into the ridiculous comment you made? Wow... :banging:

MACH1
01-20-2009, 02:44 AM
It ridiculous of you to think its going to be as easy as playing in the NFCW. Were a little tougher than the 49ers.

Wait, here comes a bandwagon. Must be your ride,

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 02:45 AM

Let me try this again. I was 8 years old. Living in NY. I come from a large family where you had no choice but to support the Jets... I did. I enjoyed it but never loved it. At the same time, my brother felt the same way about the Jets. He chose to root for the Cowboys. I had to choose a team that I felt was better than the Cowboys. So I chose the Steelers. So, from the time I was 8 (1972) thru 2001 when I was relocated to AZ, while I cheered for the Jets, my support lied with the Steelers. I never lived in Pitt and would never suggest that I am or was as much of a fan as any of you. I love the Steelers, the ownership and the city itself. Again, Iwhile I haven't been to Heinz field yet, I've been to plenty of games at Three Rovers (used to make the 8 hour drive from NY). Gotten the runs plenty of times from Iron City Beer...
When I moved here to AZ in '01, along with a friend who was also relocated here at the same time, we decided to purchase some Cards season tix. I have 3 young kids and wanted to give them the experience of attending Pro Football game... Well, it's been 8 years now and I have grown to love the Cards. I have invested a large amount of money and emotion in this team. The Steelers have their rings. It's time to see the Cards get theirs...
Here's to a great game!

It is hard to understand that. I'm not going to lie. I don't like it and I don't get it. I'm sure there are Steelers fans out there that will get it, just not on this board. These people bleed black and gold.

Try to understand this, you are exactly the Reason why we call Cards, Chargers, and any other fairweather fan base, fairweather. You can be a fan of whoever you want. I'm not going to chain you down and make you like the Steelers, frankly I wouldn't want you. However, you would have been best served to just say you were a Cards fan and go from there omitting the Steelers thing.

I get it, you tried to strike up some common ground, but it backfired. Maybe I'm an asshole, oh well. I am a STEELERS FAN, I WILL ALWAYS ROOT FOR THE STEELERS NO MATTER WHERE I MOVE OR WHERE I AM!!!! :tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03:

quadruple yoi
01-20-2009, 02:45 AM
god damn this thread is giving me a headache. the guys was/is a steeler/jets/cards fan.
to me it sounds like he just likes to go to the games wherever he lives!. sure, after awhile you root/cheer/jump on the bandwagon/ whatever for the "home" team. give him a break! i admit i have found myself quietly rooting for the cards (more like rooting for fitz since i followed him at pitt) only cause i know what life is like in pittsburgh during football season. they do not have that in phoenix and it would be nice for them. NO WAY am i rooting for them in the SB. i am a tried and true, family season ticket holding steeler fan for LIFE.

Pi Kapp Steeler
01-20-2009, 02:46 AM

Here's to a great game!

Here's to a great game bud!:drink:

I'm sorry for jumping all over you. I think your invite to the site just set me off. More from dealing with Trolls for the past two weeks telling us to enter their site to get ripped on. It just baffles me on why I twould want to that, I know you were being sarcastic now, but after dealing with chest pumping ravens fans its hard to transition and be civil.

Justin Otstott
01-20-2009, 02:47 AM
Yea man I could live on mars and I would bleed black and gold. Been a fan since 1989 and been loyal with the ups and downs.

MACH1
01-20-2009, 02:50 AM
Here's to a great game bud!:drink:

I'm sorry for jumping all over you. I think your invite to the site just set me off. More from dealing with Trolls for the past two weeks telling us to enter their site to get ripped on. It just baffles me on why I twould want to that, I know you were being sarcastic now, but after dealing with chest pumping ravens fans its hard to transition and be civil.

Yep. And the bolt fans coming here thumping their chests.

steeltheone
01-20-2009, 03:52 AM
Wow....What ever made him log on to tell us that?

Blitzberg06
01-20-2009, 04:08 AM
You wanna hear the other side? I'll register at your boards tomorrow but here lemme break this down.

Our defense has been terrific the entire season and there biggest test comes this sunday. Ike vs Fitz most will argue Ike has shut down some pretty premier Wideouts this season but Fitz is the best receiver since Jerry Rice IMHO. Fitz worries me. So I expect to see some double coverage probably Ike and Troy and I expect LeBeau to do a lot of Blitz's early to see if we can get to warner.

If we can cover Fitz then comes Boldin which can also draw double coverage but he is no where near the receiver that Fitz is but he is still good.

You're running game doesn't worry me that much because well the Steelers have shut down the running game for quite some time.

Our Offense has been doing well this post season they have been complimenting the defense and have good TOP. Giving the D a rest. Our O line will have a test when it faces the Zona blitz's although I think the line will give up a few sacks I expect them to do a decent job but nothing spectacular.

Our running game is going to be a key in this game, We have to establish the run and thats going to be a hard test against a Defense that has been playing lights out.

Ben will also have to play mistake free football. You can't turnover the ball in our territory because Warner and Company will make you pay. Hopefully Hines will be back at 100 percent!

All in all I think it's going to be a really good game :tt02::tt02:

IAWarnerFan
01-20-2009, 04:54 AM
You wanna hear the other side? I'll register at your boards tomorrow but here lemme break this down.

Our defense has been terrific the entire season and there biggest test comes this sunday. Ike vs Fitz most will argue Ike has shut down some pretty premier Wideouts this season but Fitz is the best receiver since Jerry Rice IMHO. Fitz worries me. So I expect to see some double coverage probably Ike and Troy and I expect LeBeau to do a lot of Blitz's early to see if we can get to warner.
If we can cover Fitz then comes Boldin which can also draw double coverage but he is no where near the receiver that Fitz is but he is still good.

You're running game doesn't worry me that much because well the Steelers have shut down the running game for quite some time.

Our Offense has been doing well this post season they have been complimenting the defense and have good TOP. Giving the D a rest. Our O line will have a test when it faces the Zona blitz's although I think the line will give up a few sacks I expect them to do a decent job but nothing spectacular.

Our running game is going to be a key in this game, We have to establish the run and thats going to be a hard test against a Defense that has been playing lights out.

Ben will also have to play mistake free football. You can't turnover the ball in our territory because Warner and Company will make you pay. Hopefully Hines will be back at 100 percent!

All in all I think it's going to be a really good game :tt02::tt02:

Pretty good plan except maybe the doboule coveage on Fitz part. The way he's playing, you might want to triple cover him. Honestly I don't know if my respect for your franchise has a lot to do with this, but I'm picking the Steelers to win this game. I'm just happy the Cardinals have gotten this far and hopefully they will keep it close. :popcorn:

BTW when I was a little child just following the game it was Jerry Rice's rookie year, so I took him as my favorite player and the Niners as my other team. I lived in Arizona so I like all the Arizona teams tho. :evil:

JackHammer
01-20-2009, 05:01 AM

That's weird because I don't know any Steelers fans who want the Cards to win SB XLIII. You sir are a poser. Steelers fans support one team, and one team only :tt02:

steelax04
01-20-2009, 07:09 PM
... I've been a Steeler fan for more than 30 years... never changed...

But it will change come Super Bowl Sunday. Will you come back and be a "fan" of the Steelers after Sunday?

Not only do Steelers fans hold a very high expectation of their beloved team, I think it's fair to say the same goes for their towel-waving brothers and sisters.

BTW, hi everyone. I have lived near Philly all of my life (well, since I was 2). Since I live here, I'm a fan of the Steelers, but support the Eagles on every 2nd Monday game of the 4th season of the square root of the year that I moved here.

Or to simplify, I'm a Steelers fan all day every day... and since my ex-wife is an Eagles fan..... well, you can probably guess what I think of them.

Here's to good message board times sure to come. :thumbsup: