View Full Version : Steelers Notebook: Miller predicts Ward will play

T Bradshaw
01-20-2009, 02:50 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09020/943054-66.stm

Steelers Notebook: Miller predicts Ward will play
Sight of veteran WR walking despite strained MCL inspires teammates
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
B Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Matt Freed/Post-GazetteHines Ward celebrates with fans as he leaves the field Sunday night.Hines Ward attended meetings at the Steelers' practice facility yesterday, and at least one teammate predicted he will play in Super Bowl XLIII.

"I don't think there's any question that 86 will be on the field," tight end Heath Miller said. "I don't even know the extent of his injury, but I saw him walking today, so I'm pretty sure that two weeks from now he'll be playing."

Ward has a slight MCL sprain in his right knee, injured in the first quarter of the Steelers' 23-14 victory against Baltimore for the AFC championship. He returned to catch one pass early in the second quarter, then left the game for good after catching three passes for 55 yards.

The Steelers provided no official update yesterday on the injury. Ward had been scheduled for a MRI in the morning.

Halfback Mewelde Moore, who left the game with an ankle injury, also attended meetings yesterday and walked around without any kind of support or protective boot. Safety Ryan Clark, whose hit late in the game sent Ravens running back Willis McGahee to the hospital with a concussion, had no apparent injury.

McGahee was released from UPMC-Presbyterian, according to a Baltimore Ravens statement.

SteelersinCA
01-20-2009, 02:51 AM
Great news all around!!